的因为爱情的驱使吗? 额想也是的
Is’t frailty that thus errs? It is so too.
还是因为喜新厌旧的人之常情呢? 那也是一个理由
And have we not affections? Desires for sport? And frailty?
难道我们就不能爱上其他人,不能逢场作戏 不能喜新厌旧吗?
As men have?
就像男人们做的那样?
Then let them use us well, else let them know, the ills
所以让他们好好地待我们 否则我们要他们知道
we do, their ills instructs us so.
我们所干的坏事,都是处于他们的指教
Good night. Good night.
晚安,晚安!
It is the cause, it is the cause, my soul.
只是为了这一个原因,只是为了这一个原因 我的灵魂!
Let me not name it for you, you chaste stars.
纯洁的星星啊,不要让我向你们说出它的名字!
It is the cause. Yet I’ll not shed her blood.
只是为了这一个原因,可是我不愿溅她的血
Nor scar that whiter skin of hers than snow, and smooth
也不愿毁伤她那比白雪更皎洁
as monumental alabaster.
比石膏更腻滑的肌肤
Yet she must die, else she’ll betray more men.
可是她不能不死,否则她会背叛更多的男子
Put out the light, and then put out the light.
让我熄灭这盏灯,然后我就熄灭了这盏灯
If I quench thee, thou flaming minister, I can again they
明亮的灯啊,我把你熄灭之后
former light restore, should I repent me.
要是我心生后悔,仍旧可以把你点亮
But once put out thy light, those cunning’st pattern of
可是你,造化最精美的形象啊
excelling nature, I know not where is that promethean heat
你的火焰一旦熄灭,我从什么地方去找那天上的神火呀
than can thy light relume.
能够燃起你原来的光彩
– Othello. – Ay, desdemona.
-谁?奥瑟罗吗? -额,苔丝狄蒙娜
Will you come to bed, my lord?
您要睡了吗,我的夫君?
Have you prayed tonight, desdemona?
你今晚有没有祈祷过,苔丝狄蒙娜?
Ay, my lord.
祈祷过了,我的夫君
If you bethink yourself of any crime unreconciled as yet to
要是你想到在你的一生之中 还有什么罪恶不曾为上帝所宽宥
heaven and grace, solicit for it straight.
赶快恳求他的恩赦吧
Alas, my lord, what may you mean by that?
嗳哟!我的夫君,您这句话是什么意思?
Well, do it, and be brief.
好了,祈祷吧,干脆点儿
I would not kill thy unprepared spirit.
我不愿杀害你的没有准备的灵魂
No, heaven forfend!
不,上天禁止这种罪行!
I would not kill thy soul.
我不愿杀害你的灵魂
Talk you of killing?
您在说杀人的话吗
Ay, I do.
嗯,是的
Then heaven have mercy on me.
那么愿上天垂怜于我!
Amen, with all my heart.
阿门,但愿如此!
If you say so, I hope you will not kill me.
要是您这样说,我希望您不至于把我杀死
Peace! And be still.
闭嘴,不要作声!
I will so, and yet I fear you.
好的,可是我怕你
Why I should fear I know not, since guiltiness I know not.
为什么我会怕,我并不知道 源自什么愧疚的事情,我也不知道
But yet I feel I fear.
但是我就是感觉到我很恐惧
That handkerchief!
那块手帕!
That handkerchief which I so loved and gave thee,
那块我至爱的手帕,我给你
thou gave it to cassio.
你却给了凯西奥
No, by my life and soul!
不,以我的生命和灵魂保证
Send for the man and ask him.
把那个男人叫过来,你亲自问他
Sweet soul, take heed.
亲爱的,你就顺从吧
Take heed of perjury, thou art on thy deathbed.
留心不要发伪誓 你的死已在眼前了
– Lord have mercy on me. – I say amen.
-愿主宽宥我 -阿门
And have your mercy too. I never loved cassion in my life.
你也宽宥我吧,我从来就没爱过凯西奥
I saw the handkerchief. He found it then,
我看见了那块手帕,他那时找到了
i never gave it to him.
我从来没给过他那块手帕
Send for him, let him confess the truth.
叫他到这儿来,让他供认事实的真♥相♥
He hath confessed.
他已经承认了
What, my lord?
承认什么,我的夫君?
That he hath used thee.
承认他已经和你发♥生♥关♥系♥
How? Unlawfully?
怎么?非法的关系吗?
Ay.
恩
He will not say so.
他不会这样说的
No, his mouth is stopped.
是的,他的嘴已经闭住
Honest lago hath taken order for it.
正直的伊阿古已经把他解决了
What, is he dead?
什么!他死了吗?
Had all his hairs been lives, my great revenge had
即使他每一根头发里都有生命
stomach for them all.
我的复仇的怒火也会把它们一起吞
Out, strumpet! Weep’st thou for him to my face?
不要脸的娼妇!你当着我的面为他哭泣吗?
O, banish me, my lord, but kill me not!
啊,我的夫君,把我放逐,可是不要杀我!
Down, strumpet!
倒下,娼妇!
Kill me tomorrow, let me live tonight!
明天杀我,让我活过今天!
It is too late.
太迟了
Now how dost thou look now?
现在,你看起来像什么?
Cold, cold, my girl, even like thy chastity!
冰冷,冰冷,我的女人 就像你纯洁的贞操一样!
O cursed, cursed slave!
啊,被诅咒,被诅咒的奴隶!
Whip me, ye devils, from the possession of this heavenly sight!
鞭挞我吧,魔鬼们,来自天堂强力的光芒
Blow me about in winds!
让我被大风给摧毁掉吧!
Roast me in sulphur!
让我在硫酸里被腐蚀掉!
Wash me in steep-down gulfs of liquid fire!
让我在漩涡的潮流中被冲刷下去
O desdemon! Dead desdemon! Dead, o! O!
啊,苔丝狄蒙娜!死了,苔丝狄蒙娜! 死了,啊,啊!
My lord! My lord!
我的主!我的主!
What, ho, my lord! My lord!
发生什么事情了,哦,我的主!我的主!
I do beseech you that I may speak with you, my lord.
我想要跟你说,我的主
What, ho, my lord!
什么,哦,我的主!
I had forgot thee.
我不记得你了
O my good lord, yonder…, alas, what cry is that?
啊,我的好主帅,那边.. 那边叫什么呀?
Yonder’s murders done.
那边发生了谋杀案
It is the very error of the moon.
那都是因为月亮走错了轨道
She comes more nearer earth than she was wont
比平常更近地球
and that makes men mad.
让人们都发起疯来了
Alas! That was my lady’s voice.
啊!那是夫人的声音
O! Sweet desdemona! Who hath done this deed?
噢,亲爱的苔丝狄蒙娜! 谁干的这桩恶事?
Nobody, I myself.
不是他人,是我自己
Commend me to my kind lord.
替我向我的仁慈的夫君致意
You heard her say herself.
你听见她说是她自己
It was not i.
我没有杀死她
She said so. I must needs report the truth.
她是这样说;我只好按照事实去报告
She’s like a liar gone to burning hell!
她到地狱的火焰里去
It was I that killed her.
还不愿说一句真话。杀死她的是我
She turned to folly, and she was a whore!
她干了无♥耻♥的事,她是个淫♥妇♥
Liar!
骗子!
Cassio did top her.
凯西奥和她通奸
Ask thy husband else!
不信你去问你的丈夫吧
That she was false to wedlock?
她对婚姻不忠诚了?
Ay, with cassio.
是的,和凯西奥鬼混
Had she been true, if heaven would make me such another
嘿,要是她是个贞洁的妇人
world of one entire and perfect chrysolite,
即使上帝为我用一颗完整的宝石 另外造一个世界,
i’d not have sold her for it.
我也不愿用她去交换
My husband say she was false?
我丈夫说她失节了?
Ay, it was he that told me on her first.
嗯,他最初告诉我这件事
An honest man he is, and hates the slime that sticks
他是个正人君子
on filthy deeds.
他痛恨卑鄙龌龊的行为
She was too fond of her most filthy bargain.
她因为多情,受了奸人的愚弄了
Peace.
安静
– Do thy worst. – Peace.
-你是最坏的 -安静
This deed of thine is no more worthy heaven than
你配不上这样的好妻子
thou wast worthy her.
你这种行为是上天所不容的
Peace, you were best.
安静,你是最好的人
O gull! O dolt! As ignorant as dirt!
啊,笨蛋!啊,傻瓜! 像垃圾一样肮脏!
I’ll make thee known though I lost twenty lives.
我要你明白这个,即使我会死上20次
Help! Help, ho, help!
救命!救命!哦,救命!
Murder! Help, ho!
杀人犯!救命,哦!
Disprove this villain, if thou be’st a man.
你倘是个汉子,赶快否认这恶人所说的话吧
He says thou told’st him that his wife was false.
他说你告诉他他的妻子不贞
I know thou didst not.
我知道你不会说这种话
Speak, for my heart is full.
说吧,我的心都快胀破了
I told him what I thought, and told no more than what he
我不过把我自己的意思告诉他
found himself was apt and true.
我对他所说的话,已经由他自己证实了
But did you ever tell him she was false?
可是你有没有对他说她是不贞的?
I did.
我说过
You told a lie, upon my soul, a lie! A wicked lie!
你说谎,一个可憎的、万恶不赦的谎! 凭着我的灵魂起誓
Did you say with cassio?
你说她跟凯西奥斯通?
With cassio, mistress.
跟凯西奥私通,太太
Go to, charm your tongue.
好了好了,收住你的舌头
I will not charm my tongue.
我不愿收住我的舌头
I am bound to speak.