current runs or else dries up, to be discarded thence, or
我的活力的源泉枯竭了
keep it as a cistern for foul toads to knot and gender in.
变成了蛤♥蟆♥繁育生息的污池!
I hope my noble lord esteems me honest.
我希望我在我的尊贵的夫主眼中 是一个贤良贞洁的妻子
O, ay, as summer flies are in the shambles, that quicken
啊,是的,就像夏天肉铺里的苍蝇一样贞洁
even with blowing.
一边撒它的卵子,一边就在受孕
O, thou weed, who art so lovely fair, and smell’st so
啊,你这野草闲花! 你的颜色是这样娇美
sweet, that the sense aches at thee, would thou hadst
你的香气是这样芬芳 人家看见你嗅到你就会心疼
never been born!
但愿世上从不曾有过你!
Alas, what ignorant sin have I committed?
唉!我究竟犯了什么我没注意到的罪恶呢?
Committed? A thou public commoner, I should make very
犯了什么罪恶!啊,你这人尽可夫的娼妇!
forges of my cheeks that would to cinders burn up modestly.
Did I but speak thy deeds. What committed?
我的两颊就会变成两座熔炉,把“廉耻”烧为灰烬 犯了什么罪恶?
Heaven stops the nose at it, and the moon winks,
天神见了它要掩鼻而过 月亮见了也要羞得闭上眼睛
the bawdy wind that kisses all it meets is hushed within the
碰见什么都要亲吻的淫♥荡♥的风 也静悄悄地躲在岩窟里面
hollow mine of earth and will not hear’t. What committed?
不愿听见人家提起它的名字 犯了什么罪恶?
– Are not you a strumpet? – By heaven you do me wrong!
-你难道不是一个娼妇吗! -天啊,您不该这样侮辱我!
– Are not you a strumpet? – No, as I am a christian!
-你难道不是一个娼妇吗! -不,否则我就不是一个基♥督♥徒!
– Is’t possible? – O heaven forgive us!
-不可能? -啊!上天饶恕我们!
I cry you mercy then.
那么我真是多多冒昧了
I took you for that cunning whore of venice that married with Othello
我还以为你就是那个嫁给奥瑟罗的威尼斯的狡猾的娼妇哩
how do you, madam?
怎么了,夫人?
How do you, my good lady?
到底怎么了,我的好夫人?
Faith, half asleep.
我是在半醒半睡之中
Good madam, what’s the matter with my lord?
好夫人,我的主到底有些什么心事?
With who?
谁?
Why, with my lord, madam.
我的主呀,夫人
Who is thy lord?
谁是你的主?
He that is yours, sweet lady.
我的主就是你的丈夫,好夫人
I have none. Do not talk to me, emilia.
我没有丈夫 不要对我说话,爱米利娅
I cannot weep, nor answers have I none, but what should go by water
我不能哭,我没有话可以回答你 除了我的泪水
prithee tonight lay on my wedding sheets, remember.
今夜把我结婚的被褥铺在我的床上,记住
Get me some poison, lago, this night.
伊阿古,今晚给我拿些毒药来
I’ll not expostulate with her, lest her body and beauty
我不想跟她多费唇舌
unprovide my mind again.
免得她的肉体和美貌再打动了我的心
Do it not with poison.
不要用毒药
Strangle her in her bed, even the bed she hath contaminated.
在她床上扼死她,就在那被她玷污了的床上
Good, good! The justice of it pleases.
好,好,那是一个大快人心的处置,很好
And for cassio, let me be his undertaker.
至于凯西奥,让我去取他的命吧
Excellent good!
好极了
You shall hear more by midnight.
在午夜时,你会得到我的消息
A halter pardon him!
不能宽恕他!
And hell gnaw his ones!
愿地狱里的恶鬼咬碎他的骨头!
Who should he call her whore?
他为什么叫她娼妇?
Who keeps her company?
谁跟她在一起?
What time? What place?
什么时间?什么地方?
What form? What likelihood?
什么方式?什么根据?
The moor’s abused by some most villainous knave,
这个摩尔人肯定是上了哪个万恶的流氓的当了
some base notorious knave, some scurvy fellow!
一个下流的大混♥蛋♥,一个卑鄙的家伙!
Speak within doors.
别嚷得给外边都听见了
Some such squire he was that turned your wit the steamy
前回弄昏了你的头 使你疑心我跟这摩尔人有暧昧的
side without and made you to suspect me with the moor.
也就是这种家伙
Desdemona.
苔丝狄蒙娜
Get you to bed.
睡觉去
Dismiss your attendant there.
不要待在这
Look’t be done.
我马上就回来的
I do not find that thou deal’st justly with me.
我看你全然在欺骗我
What in the contrary?
我怎么欺骗你?
Every day thou daff’st me with some device, lago.
伊阿古,你每天在我面前耍手段 以此把我支吾过去
I have wasted myself out of my means.
我一点没有冤枉你
The jewels you have had from me to deliver desdemona would
你从我手里拿去送给苔丝狄蒙娜的珠宝
half have corrupted a votarist.
即使一个圣徒也会被它诱惑的
You have tole me she hath received them, and returned
你对我说她已经收下了
me expectations and comforts of sudden respect and
回来告诉我不久就可以听到喜讯
acquaintance, but I find none.
可是到现在,我什么也没听到
Very well. Go to.
好,算了,别这样
I cannot go to, man, nor ’tis not very well.
我不能就此算了,朋友 这样很不好
I will make myself known to desdemona.
我要亲自去见苔丝狄蒙娜
She will return me my jewels.
她肯定会把珠宝还给我的
If not, I will seek satisfaction of you.
否则,我会找你算账
Now I see there’s a mettle in thee, and even from this
好,现在我才知道你是一个有骨气的人
instant do build on thee a better opinion than ever before.
从这一刻起,你已经使我比从前加倍看重你了
Give me thy hand, roderigo.
把你的手伸过来,罗德利哥
I protest I have dealt mostly directly in thy affair.
我要申明的是,我替你干这件事 真是尽心尽力的
It hath not appeared.
那还没有事实的证明
I grant thee it hath not appeared, and your suspicion is not
我承认还没有事实的证明
without wit and judgment.
你的疑心不是没有理由的
If thou hast that in thee indeed which I have greater reason
可是,罗德利哥
to believe now than ever,
你真的那样的话,我有很好的理由相信你是那样的
i mean purpose, courage, and valor, this night prove it.
我的意思是决心、勇气和胆量 今晚你就可以表现出来
If thou the next night following enjoy not desdemona,
要是你明天还享受不到苔丝狄蒙娜
take me from this world with treachery.
那么,你可以使尽一切邪恶手段要了我的命
There is especial commission come from venice to depute
威尼斯已经派了专使来
cassio in Othello’s place.
让凯西奥替代奥赛罗现在的位置
Why, then Othello and desdemona return again to venice.
真的吗?那么奥瑟罗和苔丝狄蒙娜都要回到威尼斯去了
Unless his abode be lingered here by some accident, wherein
除非这儿出了什么事,使他耽搁下来
none can be so determinate as the removing of cassio.
最好的办法是把凯西奥除掉
How do you mean, removing him?
你说把他除掉是什么意思?
Why, by making him uncapable of Othello’s place.
砸碎他的脑袋
Knocking him out his brains.
让他不能担任奥瑟罗的职位
And that you would have me to do?
那就是你要我去干的事吗?
I will be near to second your attempt, and he shall fall between us.
我就在附近接应你 他不会在我们之间逃脱的
I have no great devotion to the deed.
我没有一个很好的理由去做这个事情
It makes us, or it mars us.
我们要么成功,要么灭亡
Think on that.
仔细想想
Lago.
伊阿古
Lago.
伊阿古
Hark! Who is it that knocks?
啊!谁在敲门?
It is the wind.
只是一阵风
I called my love false love.
我把我的爱情称为错误的爱情
But what said he then?
但是,他怎么说呢?
O, these men, these men
啊,这些男人,这些男人
dost thou in conscience think, tell me emilia, that there be
凭你的良心说,爱米利娅
women do abuse their husbands in such gross kind?
你想这世界上有没有背着自己女人干坏事的男人?
There be some such, no question.
肯定有,毫无疑问
Wouldst thou do such a deed for all the world?
你愿意为了整个世界的财富而干这种事吗?
Why, would not you?
难道您不愿意吗?
No, by this heavenly light!
不,我对着明月起誓!
Nor I neither by this heavenly light.
不,对着光天化日,我也不干这种事
I might do it as well as in the dark.
要干也得暗地里干
Wouldst thou do such a deed for all the world?
难道你愿意为了整个的世界而干这种事吗?
The world’s a huge place.
世界是一个大东西
It is a great price for a small vice.
用一件小小的坏事换得这样大的代价是值得的
In troth, I think thou wouldst not.
真的,我想你不会
In troth, I think I should.
真的,我想我应该干的
Marry, I would not do such a thing for a joint-ring, nor for
当然,为了一枚对合的戒指
measures of lawn, nor for gowns, petticoats, nor caps,
几丈细麻布或是几件衣服、几件裙子 一两顶帽子,以及所有诸如此类的小玩意
nor any petty exhibition, but for all the whole world?
去干这种坏事 可是为了整个世界,我为什么不去干?
I do not think there is any such woman.
我想世上不会有那样的女人的
Yes, a dozen, but I do think it is their husbands’ faults
这样的女人不是几个,可多着呢
if wives do fall.
照我想来,妻子的堕落总是丈夫的过失
Say that they slack their duties and pour our treasures into
要是他们疏忽了自己的责任
foreign laps, or else break out in peevish jealousies, throwing
把我们所珍爱的东西浪掷在外人的怀里
restraint upon us, or say they strike us.
或是无缘无故吃起醋来,来约束我们的自♥由♥ 或是殴打我们
We have galls, and though we have some grace.
我们也是有脾气的,虽然我们天性温柔
Yet have we some revenge.
可还是懂得怎么去报复
Let husbands know their wives have sense like them.
让做丈夫的知道,我们也有和他们一样的感觉
They see, and smell.
她们的眼睛也能辨别美恶 她们的鼻子也能辨别香臭
And have their palates both for sweet and sour, as husbands have.
她们的舌头也能辨别甜酸 正像她们的丈夫们一样
What is it that they do when they change us for others?
是什么使他们另寻新欢?
Is it sport? I think it is.
是逢场作戏?我想是的
And doth affection breed it? I think it doth.