Now, if this suit lay in bianca’s power,
要是这件事情换在比恩卡手里
how quickly should you speed!
早就不成问题了
Alas, poor caitiff!
唉,可怜虫!
I never knew woman love man so.
我从来不知道一个女人会这样爱一个男人
She gives it out that you shall marry her.
她向人家说你将要跟她结婚 你有这个意思吗?
Ay!
哈哈哈!
I was talking on the sea bank, and the bauble falls me thus
前天我正在海边跟几个人谈话
about my neck
那傻东西就来啦 不瞒你说,她这样攀住我的颈项
so hangs, and lolls, and weeps upon me,
她这样拉住我的衣,靠在我的怀里
so shakes and pulls me!
哭个不了,还这样把我拖来拖去
– Cassio! – I must leave her company.
-凯西奥 -我必须远离她
What did you mean by that same handkerchief you gave me even now?
你刚才给我的那方手帕算是什么意思?
A likely piece of work that you should find it in your
好看的花手帕可真多哪 居然让你在你的寝室里找到它
chamber and know not who left I t there!
却不知道谁把它丢在那边
This is some minx’s token.
这一定是哪个贱丫头送给你的
I’ll take out no work on’t.
我可不会把那花样给描下来
Now now, my sweet bianca? How now?
现在,我亲爱的比恩卡? 现在怎么样?
After her! After her!
追上去!追上去!
Did you see how he laughed at his vice?
您看见他一听到人家提起他的丑事 就笑得多么高兴吗?
O lago.
啊,伊阿古!
Did you see the handkerchief?
您还看见那方手帕吗?
Was that mine?
那就是我的吗?
Desdemona gave it him, and he hath giv’n it his whore.
是苔丝狄蒙娜给他的,他却给了他的姘头
I had been happy if the general camp, pioners and all, had
如果整个军营的人,所有的人 都能享受她美妙的身体
tasted her sweet body.
我会感到很高兴
So I had nothing known.
可我什么也不知道
What sense had I of her stolen hours of lust?
她不纯洁这回事怎么说得通呢?
I saw it not, it harmed me not.
我没有亲眼看到,对我造成不了伤害
I slept the next night well, was free and merry!
在下一个晚上,我也能睡到很好,很平和,很安详
I found not cassio’s kisses on her lips.
在她的嘴唇上,我并没有发现凯西奥的吻
A fine woman, a fair woman, a sweet woman.
多好的一个女人,多么正直的一个女人 多么甜美的一个女人啊
Nay, you must forget that.
不,您必须忘掉那
Ay, let her rot and perish, and be damned.
嗯,让她今夜腐烂、死亡、堕入地狱吧
No, my heart is turned to stone. I strike it and it hurts my hand.
不,我的心已经变成铁石 我打它,反而打痛了我的手
O, the world hath not a sweeter creature!
噢,这个世界不再有比她更纯洁的东西了!
She might lie by an emperor’s side and command him tasks.
她可以睡在一个皇帝的身边 命令他干无论什么事
Nay, that’s not your way.
您素来不是这个样子的
Hang her! I do but say what she is.
让她死吧!我不过说她是怎么样的一个人
So delicate with her needle.
她的针线活儿是这样精妙
An admirable musician.
一个出色的音乐家
O, she will sing the savageness out of a bear.
啊,她唱起歌♥来,可以驯服一头野熊的心!
Of so high and plenteous wit and invention
她的心思才智,又是这样敏慧多能!
she’s the worse for all this.
唯其这样多才多艺,干出这种丑事来 才格外叫人气恼
O, a thousand, a thousand times.
啊!一千倍、一千倍的可恼!
Of so gentle a condition?
而且她的性格又是这样温柔!
Ay, too gentle.
嗯,太温柔了
Nay, that’s certain. Yet the pity of it, lago.
对啦,一点不错 可是,伊阿古,可惜!
O lago, the pity of it, lago.
啊!伊阿古!太可惜啦,伊阿古!
I will chop her into messes!
我要把她剁成一堆肉酱
Cuckold me!
叫我当个恶棍!
– Will you think so? – Think so, lago?
-您愿意这样想吗? -真这样想,伊阿古?
– What, to kiss in private? – An unauthorized kiss?
-什么!背着人接吻? -这样的接吻是为礼法所不许的
Or to be naked with her friend in bed an hour or more
脱♥光♥了衣服,和她的朋友睡在一床
not meaning any harm.
经过一个多小时,却一点不起邪念?
Naked in bed?
整个裸在床上?
But if I give my wife a handkerchief
可是假如我把一方手帕给了我的妻子
what then?
那又怎样?
Why, then ’tis hers, my lord, and being hers shy may,
啊,主帅,那时候它就是她的东西了!
i think, bestow’t on any man.
我想她可以把它送给无论什么人的
By heaven, I would most gladly have forgot it!
天哪,我但愿忘记那句话!
He had my handkerchief!
我的手帕在他的手里
– Ay, what of that? – That’s not so good now.
-是的,在他手里便怎么样? -那可不大好
What if I had said I had seen him do you wrong?
什么!要是我说我看见他干那对您不住的事?
– Or heard him say – hath he said anything?
-或是听见他说 -他说过什么话吗?
He hath, my lord, but no more than
说过的,主帅 他说过的话,他都可以发誓否认的
what hath he said?
他说过什么?
That he did I know not what he did what? What?
-他说,他曾经——我不知道他曾经干些什么事 – 什么?什么?
Lie.
睡
Lie with her?
跟她一起?
With her, on her, what you will.
睡在一床,睡在她的身上 随您怎么说吧
Damnation!
该死!
My lord, I say, Othello!
喂,主帅!主帅!奥瑟罗!
Dost thou mock me?
你在讥笑我吗?
I mock you not, by heaven.
我讥笑您!不,上帝作证!
O now for ever farewell the tranquil mind.
啊,现在对平静的心说再见吧
Farewell content.
对满足说再见吧
Farewell the plumed troops, and the big wars that make
对强大的军队说再见吧
ambition virtue. O farewell!
对可以帮助建立起伟大功绩的战争说再见吧 啊,再见!
Farewell the neighing steed and the shrill trump,
再见了,我嘶叫的宝马 再见了,那尖锐的喇叭声
the spirit-stirring drum, th’ear-piercing fife, the royal
再见了,精神滚动的劲鼓 再见了,尖锐的横笛
banner, and all quality, pride, pomp, and circumstance,
再见了,皇家的旗帜 所有的素质,骄傲, 虚华,地位
of glorious war.
和荣耀的战争
And o you mortal engines whose rude throats the immortal
还有你永恒的动力
jove’s dread clamors counterfeit.
还有那简单而又迸发出和天神一样 发出的令人恐惧的叫喊
Farewell! Othello’s occupation’s gone!
永别了!奥赛罗所拥有的一切,失去了!
– God save you, worthy general. – Pray you.
-上帝保佑您,尊贵的将军! (罗多♥维♥科,威尼斯来的公爵) -祝福您,大人
The duke and the senators of venice greet you.
公爵和威尼斯的元老们问候您安好
I kiss the instrument of their pleasures.
我敬吻他们的恩命
Is there division ‘twixt my lord and cassio?
主帅和凯西奥是不是有点分歧?
A most unhappy one, I would do much t’ atome them,
他跟我的丈夫闹了点儿别扭
for the love I bear to cassio.
为了我对凯西奥所抱的好感 我很愿意尽力调解他们
My lord?
我的夫君,你认为呢?
May be th’ letter moved him, for, I think, they do command
可能这封信能够打动他 因为,他会被调回去
him home, deputing cassio in his government.
这里由凯西奥接管
– Trust me, I am glad on it. – Indeed?
-相信我,我很高兴这样的安排 -真的吗?(奥赛罗)
– Why, sweet Othello – devil! Out of my way!
-为什么这么问,亲爱的奥赛罗 -魔鬼!远离额!
I will not stay to offend you.
我不愿留在这儿害您生气
Truly an obedient lady.
真是一位顺从的夫人
I do beseech your lordship call her back.
将军,请您叫她回来吧
– Mistress! – My lord!
-夫人! -我的夫君!
What would you do with her, sir?
要怎么对待她,大人?
Who? I, my lord?
谁?我吗,将军?
You did wish that I would make her turn.
嗯,您要我叫她回来
Sir, she can turn, and turn, and yet go on and turn again,
现在她转过来了 她会转来转去,走一步路回一个身
and she can weep, sir, weep.
她还会哭,大人,她还会哭
And she’s obedient, as you say, obedient. Very obedient.
她是非常顺从的,正像您所说,非常顺从
Proceed you in your tears.
尽管流你的眼泪吧
Concerning this, sir
仔细看这个,大人
o well-painted passion! I am commanded home.
啊,好一股装腔作势的劲儿! 我被要求调回去
Get you away, I’ll send for you anon.
你去吧,等会儿我再叫人来唤你
Sir, I obey the mandate and will return to venice.
大人,我服从他们的命 不久回威尼斯去
Cassio shall have my place.
凯西奥可以替代我的位置
You are welcome, sir, to cyprus.
塞浦路斯欢迎您,大人
Goats and monkeys!
山羊和猴子!
Is he not light of brain?
他的头脑没有毛病吧?
He’s that he is.
他就是他那个样子
Let me see your eyes.
让我看看你的眼睛
Look in my face.
瞧着我的脸
Why, what art thou?
嘿,你是什么人?
Your wife, my lord. Your true and loyal wife.
我的夫君,我是您的妻子 您的忠心不贰的妻子
Had it pleased heaven to try me with affliction, had they rained
要是上天的意思,要让我受尽种种的磨折
all kinds of sores and shames on my bare head, steeped me
要是他用诸般的痛苦和耻辱 降在我的毫无防卫的头上
in poverty to the very lips, given to captivity me and
把我浸没在贫困的泥沼里
my utmost hopes.
剥夺我的一切自♥由♥和希望
I should have found in some place of my soul a drop of patinece
我也可以在我的灵魂的一隅之中 找到一滴忍♥耐的甘露
but, alas, to make me the fixed figure for the time of scorn
可是唉!在这尖酸刻薄的世上
to point his slow and moving finger at.
做一个被人戟指笑骂的目标!
Yet could I bear that too, well, very well.
就连这个,我也完全可以容忍♥
But there where I have garnered up my heart, where either
可是我的心灵失去了归宿
i must live or bear no life, the fountain from the which my
我的生命失去了寄托