提出你那一向很严肃、有用的建议
which still hath been both grave and prosperous, in this day’s council.
但是我们改在明天吧
But we’ll take tomorrow.
要骑到很远的地方
Is it far you ride?
陛下 路程要用掉 从现在到晚餐之间的时间
As far, my lord, as will fill up the time ‘twixt this and supper.
如果我的马不够好
Go not my horse the better,
我就得在天黑后过一、两个小时才能回来
I must become a borrower of the night for a dark hour or twain.
不要错过我们的盛宴
Fail not our feast.
陛下 我不会的
My lord, I will not.
我们听说那两个可恶的王侄 已经分别到了英格兰和爱尔兰
We hear, our bloody cousins are bestowed in England and in Ireland,
并不承认他们残忍♥的弑父罪行
not confessing their cruel parricide.
但明天再说吧
But of that tomorrow,
还有很多重要国事等着我们两人共同处理
when therewithal we shall have cause of state craving us jointly.
请上马吧 等你晚上回来再见
Hie you to horse. Adieu, till you return at night.
弗里恩斯和你去吗
Goes Fleance with you?
是 陛下
Aye, my good lord.
愿你们的马匹奔跑迅速 脚步稳健
I wish your horses swift and sure of foot.
带着我的祝愿上马吧
And so I do commend them to your backs.
再见
Farewell.
那几个人是不是在等我
Attend those men our pleasure?
是 陛下
They do, my lord.
我们昨天不是才谈过吗
Was it not yesterday we spoke together?
是 – 陛下
It was. So please Your Highness.
那好 你们考虑过我的话了吗
Well then, now have you considered of my speeches?
要知道 过去是班柯
Know that it was Banquo in the times past
害得你们如此不幸
which held you so under fortune,
而你们却错怪是我
which you thought had been our innocent self.
在上一次我们谈话时 我已经把这一点向你们证明了
This I made good to you in our last conference, passed in probation with you,
你们如何被人玩弄于股掌 如何被欺骗、背叛 他们用了什么手段
how you were borne in hand, how crossed, the instruments,
这些手段是谁创造的 还有很多其他例子
who wrought with them, and all things else
这些都可以使一个蠢人 或疯子恍然大悟地说
that might to half a soul and to a notion crazed say,
“都是班柯干的”
“Thus did Banquo.”
您已经告诉我们了
You made it known to us.
是的 而且我还要更进一步 所以我们现在要开这第二次会议
I did so, and went further, which is now our point of second meeting.
你们难道如此有耐性 能忍♥受这样的屈辱吗
Do you find your patience so predominant in your nature that you can let this go?
你们难道…
Are you so
如此虔诚 要为这个好人和他的后代祈祷吗
gospeled to pray for this good man and for his issue,
即使他强力的手已经把你们埋葬 让你们的后代沦为乞丐也能忍♥受
whose heavy hand hath bowed you to the grave and beggared yours forever?
我们是男人 陛下
We are men, my liege.
是 你们算男人
Aye, in the catalog ye go for men.
听着 要我说 如果你们算是男人 那也不是最低等的
Now, if you have a station in the file, not in the worst rank of manhood, say it.
我会把一件事托付给你们
And I will put that business in your bosoms,
这件事会除掉你们的敌人
whose execution takes your enemy off.
陛下 我这个人
I am one, my liege,
遭受过最卑鄙的打击和虐待 我满怀怨愤
whom the vile blows and buffets of the world have so incensed
我愿意做任何事情来报复这个世界
that I’m reckless what I do to spite the world.
我也是
And I another.
各种灾难令我如此疲惫 被命运不断拉扯
So weary with disasters, tugged with fortune,
我愿意拿生命作赌注 要么从此鸿运当头 要么就此了结一生
that I would set my life on any chance, to mend it, or be rid on’t.
你们都知道班柯是你们的敌人
Both of you know Banquo was your enemy.
是 陛下
True, my lord.
他也是我的敌人
So is he mine.
他和我如此亲近
And in such bloody distance,
他存在的每一分钟 都对我的生命安全造成巨大威胁
that every minute of his being thrusts against my nearest of life!
虽然我可以公然运用权力 把他从我眼前铲除
And though I could with barefaced power sweep him from my sight
只要说这是我的旨意就好 我却不能这么做
and bid my will avouch it, yet I must not.
所以我只好借助你们二人的力量
And thence it is that I to your assistance do make love,
瞒天过海地做成此事 因为有许多重要的理由
masking the business from the common eye for sundry weighty reasons.
陛下 我们一定遵照您的命令去做
We shall, my lord, perform what you command us.
即使我们的生命…
Though our lives–
你们的决心和精神状态已经彰显出来
Your spirits shine through you.
此事务必要在今晚做好 而且要远离王宫
It must be done tonight, and something from the palace.
你们必须记住不能把我牵扯进来
Always thought that I require a clearness.
而且对于他 你们要斩草除根
And with him, to leave no rubs nor botches in the work,
他的儿子弗里恩斯也必须接受黑暗的命运
Fleance, his son, must embrace the fate of that dark hour.
我们已经下定决心了 陛下
We are resolved, my lord.
你们要各自想清楚再做决定
Resolve yourselves apart.
班柯已经离开宫廷了吗
Is Banquo gone from court?
是 夫人 但他今晚就会回来
Aye, madam, but returns again tonight.
陛下
How now, my lord.
你为什么独自一人
Why do you keep alone,
与最悲哀的幻想为伴
of sorriest fancies your companions making,
把心思全都放在一个死人的身上
using those thoughts which should indeed have died with them they think on?
不要再多想了 事已至此 覆水难收
Things without all remedy should be without regard.
木已成舟
What’s done is done.
我们灼伤了蛇身 没有把它杀死
We have scorched the snake, not killed it.
它的伤口会愈合 恢复元气
She’ll close and be herself,
而我们可怜的恶意 还暴露在它之前的毒牙之下
whilst our poor malice remains in danger of her former tooth.
我们为了自己的平安 把他人害死
Better be with the dead, whom we, to gain our peace,
我宁可去死 也不要饱受心灵的折磨 一刻不得安宁
have sent to peace, than on the torture of the mind to lie in restless ecstasy.
邓肯已经入土
Duncan is in his grave.
经过了一场人生的热病 他现在睡得很安稳
After life’s fitful fever he sleeps well.
背叛已经对他施加了最狠毒的伤害 再也没有刀剑、毒药
Treason has done his worst. Nor steel, nor poison,
内乱、外患可以进一步加害于他了
malice domestic, foreign levy, nothing can touch him further.
好了 亲爱的陛下 舒缓一下你僵硬的表情吧
Come on. Gentle my lord, sleek o’er your rugged looks.
今晚在宾客中表现得阳光、快乐一些
Be bright and jovial among your guests tonight.
我的头脑里充满了毒蝎 亲爱的妻子
O, full of scorpions is my mind, dear wife.
你知道班柯和他的弗里恩斯还在人间
Thou knowest that Banquo, and his Fleance, lives.
他高贵的天性中有一种使我害怕的东西
And in his royalty of nature reigns that which would be feared.
他敢作敢为
‘Tis much he dares.
他英勇无畏
And, to that dauntless temper of his mind,
而他的智慧可以引导自己的勇气 在安全的情况下行事
he hath a wisdom that guide his valor to act in safety.
除了他之外 我谁都不怕
There’s none but he whose being I do fear.
你不能再这么想了
You must leave this.
当那些女巫们最初称我为国王时 他呵斥她们
He chid the sisters when first they put the name of king upon me,
要求她们同他对话
and bade them speak to him.
她们就像先知一样 说他的后代将相继成为国王
Then prophet-like they hailed him father to a line of kings.
她们把一顶后继无人的王冠戴在我头上
Upon my head they placed a fruitless crown,
把没人接手的权杖放在我手里
put a barren scepter in my grip,
我这没有后代之人的手里
thence to be wrenched with an unlineal hand.
我自己的儿子无法继承
No son of mine succeeding.
如果真是这样 我就是为了班柯腐蚀了自己的思想
If’t be so, for Banquo’s issue have I filed my mind.
我是为了他们一家谋害了仁慈的邓肯
For them the gracious Duncan have I murdered.
为了他们的利益 让自己的良心背负重大的罪疚和不安
Put rancors in the vessels of my peace only for them.
我把灵魂交给了魔鬼
And mine eternal jewel given to the common enemy of man,
只是为了让他们称王
to make them kings!
让班柯的后代称王
The seeds of Banquo kings!
但他们并非长生不死
But in them nature’s copy is not eterne.
这还能给我几分安慰
There’s comfort yet.
他们是可以遭受攻击的 那你就高兴起来吧
They are assailable. Then be thou jocund.
在蝙蝠完成黑暗中的飞翔之前
Ere the bat hath flown his cloistered flight.
在甲虫展翅高飞去响应赫卡忒的召唤
Ere to black Hecate’s summons the shard-borne beetle
用嗡嗡声摇响催眠的晚钟之前
with his drowsy hums hath rung night’s yawning peal,
将有一件可怕的事发生
there shall be done a deed of dreadful note.
什么事
What’s to be done?
你不必知道 最亲爱的宝贝
Be innocent of the knowledge, dearest chuck,
等事成之后你再鼓掌为我喝彩吧
till thou applaud the deed.
来吧 漆黑的夜
Come, seeling night,
遮住可怜的白昼那温柔的眼
scarf up the tender eye of pitiful day.
用你那血淋淋、看不见的手
And with thy bloody and invisible hand
摧毁那令我畏惧的沉重枷锁吧
cancel and tear to pieces that great bond which keeps me pale.
天色渐暗
Light thickens.
乌鸦飞回了树林中 加入了同伴
And the crow makes wing to the rooky wood.
白天温和的动物开始昏沉睡去
Good things of day begin to droop and drowse,
而夜间的捕食者则醒来 开始捕猎
as night’s black agents to their prey do rouse.
虽然我的话使你惊奇 可请你不要开口
Thou marvel’st at my words. But hold thee still.
因不义而起的事 必须用罪恶来巩固
Things bad begun make strong themselves by ill.
是谁叫你来帮我们的
Who did bid thee join with us?
麦克白
Macbeth.
我们可以不必怀疑他 因为他已经把我们的任务
He needs not our mistrust, since he delivers our offices
和我们该怎么做都说清楚了
and what we have to do to the direction just.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!