So it’s not enough that you hunt them down like animals.
所以你不只像动物一样地杀戳
That’s their role here. To be your food?
那是他们的阶级角色 成为你的食物?
Yes.
是的
And for those who are suitable, to be breeding vessels…
而那些合适的人 就留下来繁殖后代
for our other colonies.
做我们的殖民者
You see, I’m just one of many.
你看 我也只是其中之一
I don’t understand how you can sit there and speak so coldly about this.
你怎能如此冷酷地说这些话
Have you not considered the human cost of…of what it is you’re doing?
你做这些事之前可曾考虑到人命的价值
We all pay a price…
我们都付出了代价
Alexander.
亚力山大
Don’t worry. You’re safe.
别担心 你在这里很安全
I control them.
我控制住了他们
Without that control,
如果不控制
they would exhaust the food supply…
他们会在几个月内
in a matter of months.
把所有食物都吃光
Food supply? They’re human beings!
食物?他们都是人!
Who are you…
你算什么东西
to question 800,000 years…
竟敢质疑八十万年来的
of evolution?
文明进化成果?
This is…This is a perversion of every natural law.
这简直违反自然法则
And what is time travel but your pathetic attempt to control the world around you,
那你所谓的时光旅行 不过是你想控制世界
your futile effort to have a question answered?
一个可笑的技俩吗? 为了寻找问题的答案 白忙了一场
Do you think I don’t know you, Alexander?
你以为我不了解你吗 亚力山大
I can look inside your memories,
我可以看透你的思想
your nightmares, your dreams.
你的梦魇 你的梦想
You’re a man haunted by those two most terrible words:
一切不过是一件事作崇 可怕的两个字:
What if?
如果?
Look at you!
看看你
Daddy!
爸爸
Who’s that? Is it Daddy? Daddy!
那个是谁? 是爸爸吗? 爸爸!
And we’re still having lots of fun.
我们仍然保留着很多乐趣
Right. Right.

Da-da! Daddy.
爸爸 爸爸
You built your time machine because of Emma’s death.
因为艾玛的死你制♥造♥了时间机器
If she had lived, it would never have existed.
要是她没死 机器就不会存在
So how could you use your machine to go back to save her?
你又如何用你的机器回到过去救她?
You are the inescapable result…
你就是你本身…
of your tragedy,
悲剧的结果
just as I…
就像我…
am the inescapable result…of you.
会有这样无法避免的结果是你的造成的
You have your answer. Now go.
你已经知道你的答案了 你可以走了
I believe you have something that belongs to me.
你拿走我一样东西
We all have our time machines, don’t we?
我们的所谓时光机器 是吗?
Those that take us back are memories…
带着我们回到过去的叫做回忆
and those that carry us forward…
让我们继续向前行的是…
are dreams.
梦想
You’re forgetting one thing. Huh?
你忘了一件事 恩?
What if?
如果…
What are you doing with it? Changing the future.
你用来干什么 改变未来
Come on.
快点
Wait. Wait here.
等着,在这等着
Go.

Hurry!
快点
Alexander!
亚力山大
I’m sorry you lost your machine.
你的机器毁了 对不起
Oh, it’s all right. It was only a machine.
没关系 只不过是个机器罢了
“The congregation rose and stared…
大家起立 葬礼开始
“while the three deadboys came marching up the aisle:
那三个大家以为死掉的男孩走进教堂
“Tom in their lead, Joe next,
汤姆在最前面 接下来是乔
“and Huck, a ruin of drooping rags,
然后是哈克 穿得破破烂烂躲在后面
“sneaking sheepishly in the rear.
他们害羞得躲在阳台上
“They had hid in an unused gallery, listening to their own funeral sermon.
听着他们的丧礼证道
Aunt Polly, Mary and the Harpers threw themselves upon them…”
保莉阿姨 玛莉和哈波高兴地抱在一起
This is the place.
就是这个地方
So it is.
就是这样
But there’s nothing here. Well, it was different then.
什么都没有嘛 现在和当时差很多
My laboratory was all around here.
我的实验室就在这里
The kitchen was up there where that tree is.
厨房♥在那棵树的那边
Not that Mrs. Watchit ever let me go in there.
瓦琪太太不准我进厨房♥
I don’t know what to tell you, sir.
我不知道该怎么说这件事
He’s been gone this whole week.
他已经走了一个星期了
And you’ve no idea where he went?
你知道他到哪里去了吗?
No, sir. This would be my greenhouse.
不知道 这是我的温室
There was a garden outside.
外面有花♥园♥
Gren ‘tormar’tas?
(依洛伊语)
Yes.
是的
I’m glad. Sir?
我很高兴 什么?
I’m glad he’s gone.
很高兴他走了
Maybe he’s finally found someplace where he can be happy.
或许他终于找到可以让他快乐的地方
This was my home. His home.
这就是我的家 他的家
Long ago.
很久以前
You know, Molly and I were talking about engaging a housekeeper,
茉莉和我想找一个管家
someone to live with us and help take care of jamie.
和我们一起住 照顾小孩子
Would you be interested?
你有没有兴趣?
Perhaps just until the master returns. Of course.
可能只是等到我主人回来 没问题
But there’d be some changes made. I run a tight house.
不过你们家会有些改变 我整理家务可是一丝不苟
Oh, I have no doubt of that. I’ll call by in the morning, and we’ll arrange it.
我完全同意 我明早再过来 仔细谈谈
Good night, Mrs. Watchit. Good night, Mr. Philby.
晚安 瓦琪太太 晚安 费比先生
Godspeed, my fine lad.
一路顺风 我的好主人
Godspeed.
一路顺风

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!