Time travel? Yes.
时光旅行? 对
Accessing science fiction.
搜寻科幻小说
No, no. Practical application. My question is why can’t one change the past?
不 是实际应用 我的问题是 为什么不能改变过去?
Because one can not travel into the past.
因为人不可能回到过去
Wh…What if one could? One cannot.
若是有人做得到呢 那是不可能到
Excuse me, this is something you should trust me on.
关于这一点我比较内行
Accessing the writings of lsaac Asimov, H.G. Wells,
搜寻相关论文 艾西莫夫 威尔士
Harlan Ellison, Alexander Hartdegen…
哈兰艾利森 亚力山大哈特金
Tell me about him. Alexander Hartdegen, 1869 to 1903.
告诉我关于这个人亚力山大 哈特金 1869年生 死于1903年
American scientist given to eccentric postulation.
美国科学家 以非主流科学理论闻名
Found writings include treatise on the creation of a time machine.
论文包括时光机器的制♥作♥
Tell me about the time machine. Time Machine was written by H.G. Wells in 1 894.
告诉我有关时光机器 “时光机器”作者威尔士 写于1♥8♥9♥4年
It was a motion picture by George Pal and a stage musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber…
先后被改编为电影和歌♥舞剧 在百老汇上演
That’s not what I mean. Would you like to hear selections from the score?
我找的不是这个 要不要听主题曲?
No. # There’s a place called tomorrow #
不用 有个地方叫“明天”
# A place of joy not of sorrow #
那里充满音乐 没有悲伤
# Can’t you see it’s a place for you and… #
你听见了吗?
Thank you. That’s quite enough.
谢了 够了
Will there be anything else?
还需要别的帮助吗?
Uh, no. No, I think I’ll have better luck in a few hundred years.
不用了 看来要找到答案 还得再往后好几百年
Live long and prosper.
祝你顺利
Sir, where is your designated evacuation center?
先生,你的避难中心在哪里?
Sir, you are subject to arrest under martial law…
你被捕了
Please put your hands out, palms together.
手举起来 手掌合并
You will be held in detention until your evacuation center clears you for transport.
你将被留置直到你所属单位接你出去
Wait, wait! just take it easy.
等一下 别激动
Hey, we got to get out of here! Wait. How did this happen?
我们要快点离开 到底怎么了?
The moon. Come on. Move it.
月球 快点!
That’s impossible. What happened? You been living under a rock?
不可能 发生什么事了 你是真不懂还是装傻?
Yes, I’ve been living under a rock. Now, tell me.
我真的不知道 快告诉我
The demolitions for the lunar colonies screwed up the orbit, okay?
月球殖民计划恶搞把月球炸离轨道
The moon’s breaking up. All right? Come on.
月球正在解体中 了解吗?
Hey! Forget him! Come on!
不管他 快走!
Emma?
艾玛?
Hello?
哈罗?
Hello.
哈罗?
Oh, wait. Don’t… Don’t go.
等等 别 别走
Wait. I just want to talk to you.
等等 我有话对你说
Oh, I’m sorry. I don’t understand you.
抱歉 我听不懂
Do you know my words? Yes.
你能听懂我吗? 能
The lex. The stone language.
石碑上的语言
The stone language? But do you understand me? Do you understand me?
石碑语言?你听得懂我在说什么吗?
We all learn it when we’re young.
我们小的时候学过
They tor’jen. Forget. They forget it.
忘记 他们都忘记你
But I teach.
不过我教他们
What is he saying? They’re trying to decide if we should throw you in the river.
他说什么? 在讨论要不要把你丢到河里去
Tell me quickly, and tell me the truth. Where do you come from?
快点告诉我 说实话 你从哪儿来?
Well, actually, I’m from here. Uh,just not from now.
老实说 我就从这儿来 只是不是现在
You see, I built a machine that allows me to travel through time.
我做了一部机器 让我能够穿梭过去于未来
I’m from the past.
我是从过去来的
Oh.

I told them you hit your head…
我告诉他们你不小心撞到头…
and you are a wandering idiot.
所以你现在是无家可归都白♥痴♥
What are you doing? Getting ready for the mor.
你要干吗? 准备睡觉
The night. Oh. I’ll come with you.
过夜? 我跟你们走
Eloi? What are your people named?
依洛伊族? 你们是哪一族的?
Well, I…I guess you’d call us New Yorkers.
你可以叫我们纽约客
NewYorkers. Are they friendly?
纽约客 他们很友善吗?
Until you talk to them.
不说话时还算友善
Tell me about your village. It’s a very busy place.
说说你们村落情况 那是个忙碌的地方
Everyone seems to be in a hurry. And they all wear identical bowler hats.
每个人好像都在赶时间 他们都戴一模一样的高脚帽
Little black round things on their heads.
就是头上戴一个黑色的东西
What do you do there? Well, I was a teacher like Mara.
你做什么工作 我是老师 跟玛拉一样
And I make things. Me also.
同时 我也发明机器 我也是
I made a sess’quin’tan with my father. We still use it.
我和我爸爸一起制♥作♥萨斯昆塔 我们都还在用
A sess’quin’tan?
萨斯昆塔?
Mara, der’enjen’wen len?
玛拉 替我翻译一下
Sess’quin’tan. Steps of rope.
萨斯昆塔就是绳梯
Oh, a rope ladder.
用绳子做的梯子
We can make one. I will teach you.
我们可以做一个,我会教你
Will you tell me more lon’el on the next day?
你明天再告诉我多一点
Tomorrow? Yes, I will.
明天? 好 我会的
Why don’t you take care of this for me tonight?
今晚替我保管一下这个 好吗?
Thank you.
谢谢
Good night. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Kalen will tire you if you let him. He’s always been questioning.
凯勒会把你烦死 他永远有问不完的问题
Our parents were firm, but it is his way.
我爸妈很严格 不过他就是这么好奇
Where are your parents? They’ve gone from this place.
你父母呢? 他们不在了
Oh, I’m sorry.
抱歉
You were right, Philby. I did go too far.
你说对了 这下真的太过头了
Sit with me.
坐下来
Mara, why do you pull the boats up at night?
玛拉 为什么晚上的时候要把船拉上来?
Afraid they’ll be stolen?
你们怕船被偷吗?
Stolen? I do not know that word.
偷?我没学过这个字
Well, are you afraid that someone will take them?
害怕被别人拿走吗
It is just more safe this way. Oh.
害怕被别人拿走吗 哦
You must do things to be safe where you come from? Of course.
你们那儿做事一定要考虑安全措施吗 当然
Or when you come from.
或者我应该说你们那时候
Ah, so I’m not just a wandering idiot.
所以我不只是一个无家可归的白♥痴♥
CoI’mar.
这是“科玛”
Maybe we could find some tomorrow.
明天我们再多摘一些
Flowers?
花?
Alexander. Alexander.
亚力山大 亚力山大
Ah! Morlock!
啊!莫拉克!
Is he all right? He had a dream.
他没事吧? 他做恶梦了
Oh. So did I.
我也是
I was moving through a jungle…
我正穿过森林…
And you saw a shape ahead ofyou.
你看到前方有个东西
Well, a face that…called my name.
一张脸. . . 叫着我的名字
We all have that dream.
我们都做一样的梦
All of you? Yes. Now go back asleep.
你们? 是的 继续睡吧
You’re still not well.
你脸色不太好
What does that mean, “Morlock”?
“莫拉克”是什么意思?
A child’s dream. No more.
小孩子的梦 没别的意思
Go back asleep.
继续睡吧
We keep thesestones in many places.
我们把这些石碑放到许多地方
This is the room where my parents taught me for the first time.
我父母第一次在这里教我
Why do you learn this language if you don’t use it?
这语言既然不使用 为什么还要学习呢
It’s a tradition we hand down.
这是我们传统
It meant something once. Must be here for a reason.
它曾是很有意义的事 它的存在一定有理由
“One generation passeth away, and another cometh.
物换星移 代代相传…
But the earth abideth forever.”
地球永远存在
Why have you come here?
你为什么来这里?
Why have you traveled through time?
你为什么要做时光旅行?
To have a question answered.
我要寻找一个问题的答案
Qestion?
什么问题?
Yes. Why can’t I change the past?
为什么我们不能改变过去?
Why would you want to?
你为什么要改变过去?
You’ve lost someone.
你失去了重要的人
Someone you loved very much.
是一个你深爱的人
Mara, why are there no older people here? What do you mean?
玛拉 为什么这里看不到老人 什么意思?
Older people, your parents’ age or grandparents’ age.
老人家 你的父母长辈那一代
They’ve gone from this place.
他们都不在了
You mean, they’re dead?
你是说 他们都去世了?
Yes.
是的
All of them? How is that possible?
全部都死了? 怎么可能
There are things better left not said.
有些事情还是不说的比较好
We don’t dwell on the past, Alexander.
我们不会沉缅过去
We do something else. What?
我们有别的方式 什么?
We remember them…
我们会记住他们

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!