I’d have had you, Witt, if you was a Jap,Long ago.
你得留下来?
They leave you here?
对
Yup.
我会拖累他们
I slowed ’em up.
我不介意
Don’t mind, really.
医官帮我包扎得很好
The medic fixed me up pretty good.
我有很多弹♥药♥
I got plenty of ammo.
一定会有人来接我
Somebody’ll be along for me eventually.
– 你伤不轻 – 膝盖中弹
– They got you good. – Right in the knee.
是啊
Yeah.
我不必再打仗了 威特
I’m out of this war for good, Witt.
– 你在这儿干嘛? – 只是 你知道
– What you doin’ down here? – Just, you know,
我要回到连上
I’m heading back to the company.
好
Yeah.
跟大伙儿问好
Well, you give all them boys my best.
你可以跟我来
You can come with me if you want.
我扶你
I’ll help you along.
不了 这里很好
No, it’s nice and quiet.
很安静
Peaceful up here.
我会拖累你 剖队会接我
I’d just slow you up. There’ll be somebody along.
我会提醒他们
I’ll remind ’em.
好
OK.
嘿 威特
Hey, Witt.
今天你惹了什么麻烦?
Who you making trouble for today?
什么意思?
What d’you mean?
你不是最爱惹麻烦吗?
Well, isn’t that what you like to do?
叫你向左你偏偏向右
Turn left when they say go right?
你为什么这么爱惹麻烦?
Why are you such a troublemaker, Witt?
你很关心我 对吧?
You care about me, don’t you, Sergeant?
我一直都这么觉得
I always felt like you did.
你为什么装得冷酷无情?
Why do you always make yourself out like a rock?
有时我跟你聊得很愉快
One day I can come up and talk to you,
隔一天 我们就像没见过面似的
by the next day it’s like we never even met.
好孤单的房♥子
Lonely house now.
你会觉得孤单吗?
You ever get lonely?
只有在人群中
Only around people.
只有在人群中
Only around people.
你还是有美好的信念 对吧?
You still believing in the beautiful light, are you?
你怎么办得到?
How do you do that?
你就像是魔术师
You’re a magician to me.
你眼中仍有一丝良知
I still see a spark in you.
有人看到死去小鸟的眼中 只有无言的痛楚
One man looks at a dying bird and thinks there’s nothing but unanswered pain.
不过死亡是无情的
But death’s got the final word.
死神在嘲笑他
It’s laughing at him.
有人看着同一只小鸟
Another man sees that same bird,
却看到生命光辉
feels the glory.
心中充满喜悦
Feels something smiling through him.
我们得马上撤退
We need to get out of here right now.
– 你跟指挥部说过吗? – 没有
– You explain to… headquarters the situation? – No.
他们知道我们在这儿吗?
Do they know where we are? Cos we’re sitting ducks out here.
我们死定了 这要由我决定
Well, I think that’s… up to me to judge, Sergeant.
我们得派人去看敌军有多近 好吗?
I think we just need to send somebody up there and find out how close they are. OK?
很容易
It’s easy.
韦特 联络指挥部
Hey, Weld… get headquarters on that thing.
炮声越来越近
The fire’s coming closer, sir.
没有讯号♥
Line’s cut!
我们得派人查出原因
We need to send somebody out there to find out where that line is being cut.
和敌人有多近
And we need to find out how close they are.
来吧
Come on.
好吧 好吧
OK. OK.
嘿 你
Hey, you.
你去
You go.
费夫 你要去
You’re going, Fife.
古恩 你也去
Coombs. You go, too.
快点
Come on!
我也去 这整个任务都不对
I’ll go. I want you to know I think the whole thing’s a bad idea, though.
要是他们全力进攻 我们肯定没命
If they come down here in any strength, Lieutenant, they’ll knock our position to hell.
你不必去 别人会去
You don’t have to go. Others’ll volunteer.
我想要去 万一出事我要在场
No, I wanna go, sir. In case something bad happens, I wanna be there.
好吧 顺着河走
All right. You stay by the river.
丛林很浓密 小心点
That jungle’s too thick. And be very careful.
我会的
I will.
祝好运 威特
Good luck, Witt.
费夫 你没事吧?
You OK, Fife?
敌军的增援部队
A reinforce battalion.
我们得回去
We need to go back.
告诉连长
Tell the lieutenant.
走吧
Let’s go.
我中弹了
I’m hit!
有人得留下来阻挡敌军
One of us needs to stay here and hold ’em off.
我们不会有事的
We’ll be all right.
我的朋友活不久了
My friend here doesn’t have long,
你们回去吧
so… you go.
快去吧
You go on ahead.
威特
Witt!
他们来了
They’re coming.
我得走了 你不要
I gotta go. I don’t want you to be afraid.
听到枪声就躲起来 然后再顺着河走下去
Just hide out here till you hear firing, then push on down the river.
不
No.
– 古恩呢? – 快撤退 敌人来了
– Where’s Coombs? – Get back. Get back, they’re coming.
撤退
Fall back.
威特呢? 费夫 威特在哪儿?
Where’s Witt? Fife, where’s Witt?
费夫 威特呢?
Fife, where’s Witt?
威特在哪儿?
Fife. Fife, where’s Witt?
(日语)
你的生命光辉呢?
Where’s your spark now?
我知道你们在喝私酿酒
Now, I know you men have been making and drinking this goddamn swipe.
没关系
That’s OK by me.
一切都是谎言…
Everything a lie.
在我的部队可以尽管喝酒
Any man in my outfit can get as drunk as he wants to every night.
…你见到和听到的一切
Everything you hear and see.
只要能执行任务就没问题
As long as he’s in shape to make reveille and carry out any assignment given.
要是不行…他就会有麻烦
If he can’t do that, he’s gonna have trouble from me.
– 他们都在说谎 – 我是个注重家庭的人
– So much to spew out. – I prefer to think of myself as a family man,
大家才会在一起
and that’s what we all are here, whether we like it or not.
我们是一家人
We are a family.
我是父亲
I’m the father.
副连长就是母亲
Guess that makes Sergeant Welsh here the mother.
他们一个接一个来
They just keep coming, one after another.
你们都是我的孩子
That makes you all the children in this family.
一家之主是父亲
Now, a family can have only one head, and that is the father.
男主外女主内 这就是规矩
Father’s the head, mother runs it. That’s the way it’s gonna work here.
– 要是你们想见我 – 我们被困在棺材里
– If any of you wanna see me about anything, – You’re in a box.
– 只要有任何事 – 移♥动♥的棺材
– anything at all, – A moving box.
我都会在
you will find that I am available.
战争在圣诞节前不会结束
This war is not gonna be over by next Christmas.
还要很久才能回家
It’s gonna be a long time before we get home…
他们要我们牺牲
They want you dead.
或相信他们的谎言
Or in their lie.
我们只有一个办法
Only one thing a man can do.
找到自己的出路
Find something that’s his.
逃到属于自己的小岛
Make an island for himself.
我这一生若不相信上帝
If I never meet you in this life,
将会有所缺憾
Let me feel the lack.
上帝怜悯我 我就属于他
A glance from your eyes, and my life will be yours.
我只期望有一天能回家
Somethin’ I can come back to. Some kind of foundation.
我不知道你有何打算 但…
I mean, I don’t know what, you know, what your plans are, but…
吃了这么多苦 我已经觉悟
I’m determined now. I’ve been through the thick and thin of it.
我还年轻 不过经历苦难
You know, I may be young, but I’ve lived plenty of life.
我准备好好活下去
I’m ready to start living it good.
我爸常说 苦尽甘来
You know, my daddy always told me it’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.