我不想让我的兄弟送死
I don’t like to see my men get killed, sir.
有人曾死在你怀里吗?
Have you ever had anyone die in your arms, sir?
有吗?
Have you?
我不想引起事端
I don’t see any reason to make a scandal out of this.
也不想在服役记录中留下污点
I don’t want it in the records of the battalion. There’s no reason for you to have it on yours.
这和能力或胆量无关
This has nothing to do with cowardice or inefficiency.
看看这座丛林
Look at this jungle.
那些藤蔓缠绕着大树 吞食一切
Look at those vines, the way they twine around the trees, swallowing everything.
大自然很残酷
Nature’s cruel, Staros.
你可以申请调到华府的军法局
I’m going to let you apply for reassignment to the Judge Advocate General Corps
就说你生了病
for reasons of ill health.
你是律师
You’re a lawyer.
– 你得过虐疾吗? – 没有
– You had malaria yet? – No, I haven’t.
无所谓 我会安排的
Doesn’t matter. I can fix that.
反正你会染上的
Anyway, you probably will have it.
我也会推荐你获颁银星勋章
I’m also recommending you for the Silver Star.
我一定会让你无法推辞
And I’ll recommend it in such a way it definitely won’t be refused.
干脆也让你得紫心奖章
Might as well have the Purple Heart, too.
为什么?
Why?
因为你脸上的疤 和手上的伤口
Because of that scratch on your face and because of those cuts on your hands.
给我听好
Listen to me, Staros.
你跟下一批伤兵离开
I think it’s best you go back with the next batch of wounded and prisoners.
留下来对你没好处
It is no goddamn good for you to keep hanging around.
这件事不说出去最好
The quieter we keep this, the better it’ll be for all.
这是多尔上校的宣布
This is from Colonel Tall.
我们的胜利带来最高的荣耀
“Our victory gives us the highest reasons for pride”.
这是窝达康拉尔岛役的转捩点
“It will prove a milestone in the battle for Guadalcanal”.
明天师长会亲自来检阅前线
“Tomorrow the division commander will arrive to make an inspection of the line”.
接防部队会来换班
“After the inspection we’re to be relieved by a battalion of the division’s reserve regiment”.
我为全营兄弟 争取到一星期的假
“I’ve secured for the battalion a week’s rest off the line”.
就这样
That’s all.
长夜漫漫
Hours like months.
度日如年
Days like years.
我正值青春年华
Walked into the golden age.
站在新世界的边缘
Stood on the shores of the New World.
我本来想去看你们
I would’ve come by and paid you guys a visit,
不过…
but…
我想一个人静一下
I just felt like being alone, you know?
是吗?
Yeah?
我们要谢谢你
We wanted to thank you, sir.
要求进行包抄行动
For asking to make that flanking move.
为我们着想
For watching out for us.
让我们团结一致
Keeping us together.
你不该被调走
We’re all sorry to see you go.
这不公平
We feel like you got a rotten deal.
我并不同意
Well, I’m not sure that you’re right.
最难的是
Tough part is…
不知道这么做有没有用
not knowing if you’re doing any good.
这才是最难的
That’s the hard part.
不过无所谓 我不在乎
But it doesn’t matter. I don’t care.
我很高兴能离开
I’m glad to be going.
真的很高兴
I’m glad.
– 还是能提出申诉 – 为什么?
– There’s still time. We could file a complaint. – For what?
有什么用?
What good would that do?
反正我想走
Anyway, I wanna go.
别管它 算了吧
Leave it alone. Let it lay.
(希腊语)
什么意思?
What does that mean, sir?
你们像是我的孩子
It means “You’ve been like my sons”.
你们是我的孩子
You are my sons.
我亲爱的孩子
My dear sons.
你们活在我心中
You live inside me now.
永远与我同在
I’ll carry you wherever I go.
我忘不了战争的可怕
Can’t nothing make you forget it.
悲剧不断重演
Each time you start from scratch.
战争不能给我们荣耀
War don’t ennoble men.
只会把人变成野狗
It turns ’em into dogs.
荼毒我们的心灵
Poisons the soul.
亲爱的妻子
My dear wife,
战争的丑陋和血腥暴♥力♥ 会让人丧失良知
you get something twisted out of your insides by all this blood, filth, and noise.
我很想保持纯真
I wanna stay changeless for you.
我想以原来的我回到你身边
I wanna come back to you the man I was before.
我们该如何获得宁静?
How do we get to those other shores?
回到青山绿水间?
To those blue hills.
真爱
Love.
到底来自何方?
Where does it come from?
谁燃起我们心中的爱火?
Who lit this flame in us?
战争无法熄灭它
No war can put it out,
或是征服它
conquer it.
我曾是个囚犯
I was a prisoner.
你让我自♥由♥
You set me free.
不管你受过多少训练
No matter how much training you got,
或是多么小心
how careful you are,
只要运气不好就会阵亡
it’s a matter of luck whether or not you get killed.
不管你是谁 或是多么骁勇善战
Makes no difference who you are, or how tough a guy you might be,
一不小心就会被杀死
if you’re in the wrong spot at the wrong time, you’re gonna get it.
我看着那个人死去
I look at that boy dying,
一点感觉都没有
I don’t feel nothing.
我对一切都不在乎
I don’t care about nothing any more.
听起来很幸福
Sounds like bliss.
我还没有那种感觉
I don’t have that feeling yet.
麻木不仁的感觉
That numbness.
我跟你们不一样
Not like the rest of you guys.
也许是因为我看得太多
Maybe cos I knew what to expect.
根本就失去感觉
Maybe I was just frozen up already.
我入伍后就没碰过女人
I haven’t touched another woman since I was called up.
或跟女人说过话
Or talked to one.
我不想…
I don’t wanna…
我不想有欲念
I don’t wanna feel the desire.
亚伯罕
All right. Abrahams!
亚伯罕 你的信
Abrahams. Here you go.
史狄 史狄呢?
Stack! Where’s Stack?
叫他来
Bring him out.
比尔?
Bell?
比尔!
Bell!
另一封是比尔的 另一封是比尔的
Another one for Bell. Another one for Bell.
亲爱的积克
Dear Jack,
我认识一个空军上尉 我爱上他
I’ve met an Air Force captain. I’ve fallen in love with him.
我要跟你离婚嫁给他
I want a divorce to marry him.
你可以拒绝 但我还是要说
I know you can say no, but I’m asking you anyway,
毕竟我们曾夫妻一场
out of the memory of what we had together.
原谅我
Forgive me.
我太寂寞了
It just got too lonely, Jack.
我们会再见
We’ll meet again some day.
我们一定会再见面的
People who have been as close as we’ve been always meet again.
我无权跟你这么说
I have no right to speak to you this way.
不过我忍♥不住
I can’t stop myself.
习惯成自然
A habit so strong.
你曾是我最好的朋友
Oh, my friend of all those shining years.
帮助我离开你
Help me leave you!
你叫什么?
What’s your name?
我们曾是一家人
We were a family.
不得已被拆散
How’d it break up and come apart?
现在我们自相残杀
So that now we’re turned against each other.
断送彼此的生路
Each standing in the other’s light.
我们怎么会失去善良本性?
How did we lose the good that was given us?
泯灭天理良知
Let it slip away?
将人性弃之不顾
Scatter it careless?
我们为什么无法升华?
What’s keeping us from reaching out?
达到光荣的巅峰?
Touching the glory?
如果我是日军你早就死了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!