第二天早上…
Then, finally, the next morning, early or something…
我找到了去第45快车道的路
I found my way to Freeway 45.
就回家了
And went back home.
和他混了一段 我发现他有个军♥火♥库
After riding around with him, I come to find out he’s got an arsenal.
他有手♥枪♥ 来♥福♥枪♥
He’s got pistols. He’s got rifles.
他拿着枪 挥舞着
He’s got this pistol. He’s waving it around. He’s doing this.
我告诉他 你怎么不把枪♥械♥放到车厢里
I told him, “Hey, why don’t you put those in the trunk of the car?”
我们停在一个饭店门口
We stopped at a restaurant…
买♥♥了三明治在车里吃
and ordered and ate sandwiches in the car.
我买♥♥了6罐啤酒
I bought a six-pack of beer.
他把手♥枪♥拿了出来
He pulled this pistol back out.
我问他拿枪出来干吗
And I ask him why he got the pistol out.
他笑笑
And he kind of laughed…
摇下了车窗 朝车外开枪
rolled the window down, and fired the pistol outside the car.
我让他收起来
And I asked him to please put it up.
他递给我 我把它放在座位底下
And I think he handed me the pistol, and I put it under the driver’s seat.
他想去看电影 我们就转身到了电影院
He wanted to go to the movies, so we went to the movies.
到那的时候 大概七点
We got there probably at about 7:00.
他挑的片子
He was the one that had picked the movie out.
我管这个叫免下车电影 啤酒电影
I call them drive-in movies, beer-drinking movies.
50美分一位 但积少成多
$0.50, put them together and make a bunch of money…
很多人在那喝醉了
with a bunch of people getting drunk at the drive-in.
-你要承认吗 -请坐吧
-Are you going to concede? -Please, sit down…
这是什么 布鲁克斯先生
What is this, Mr. Brooks?
-是烟灰缸啊 谁都知道 -错
-Anybody can see it’s an ashtray. -Wrong!
每个人都知道 这只是块石头
Anybody can plainly see it’s a wall-breaker!
我正想替你说出来呢
I’m trying to speak for you!
我想替所有人说出来 我是学生
I’m trying to speak for all of you! I am the student body!
电影看了一半多了
The show that was on was half over. We watched half of the one show…
我们开始看第二部的前段
we started watching the first part of the second show.
我们渴望胜利 胜利就在眼前
We want a victory, and we’re gonna get it.
我们渴望胜利 胜利就在眼前
We want a victory, and we’re gonna get it.
我真的不想再看第二部电影了
I didn’t really care for the second feature…
这个是R级片
which is an R-rated, cheerleader-type thing.
我不清楚是什么
I don’t know what it was.
有酒吗
May I have some wine?
这很好罗斯 我不知道你会烧菜啊
It’s good, Ross. I didn’t know you could cook.
可不是吗
It is good, isn’t it?
想试试我烧得芹菜蛋黄酱
You got to try my celery remoulade.

No.
我告诉他我想走了
I told him I wanted to leave.
我也不喜欢坐在这儿看 走吧
“I don’t really care to sit here and watch this. Let’s go.”
他的举动很奇怪 他想看完的 但我们还是走了
He’s acting strange, he wanted to watch the end. Anyway, we left.
在开回达拉斯的路上 我们到了一个汽车旅馆
We drove back towards Dallas and we drove to the motel.
那是个小店 我买♥♥了一包烟
There’s a little store. I bought a pack of cigarettes…
还有一份报纸
and a newspaper.
然后我就走了 那孩子还坐在那
And when I left, this kid was still sitting there.
我靠过去 和他谈了几分钟
I leaned against the car and we talked to him for a few minutes…
我告诉他既然他在找工作
and I told him that since he was looking for a job…
而那儿又没人干活
and there hadn’t been anybody at work…
问他是否愿意明早过来一趟
that if he wanted to stop back Monday morning…
那样 他就可以跟我工作了
that sure, he could ride out and follow me to work…
只要和老板谈谈 可能会得到一份工作
and he could talk to the boss. And he would probably get a job.
我告诉他星期一早晨我会去找他 如果他来的话
I told him that I would catch him Monday morning if he showed up.
我告诉他上班的时间 然后就走了
I told him what time I went to work. Why, I left.
我在商店逛了逛就回家了
I walked around the store and went to the house.
进屋的时候 电视还开着 哥已经睡着了
When I walked in, the television was on and my brother was sleeping.
我不在的时候他一直待在家
He had been home this whole time that I had been gone.
我做了一个三明治
So I made me a sandwich…
我做在那把Carol Burnett节目看完
and sat there and watched the end of The Carol Burnett Show.
结束的时候 新闻时间到了 我看了一刻钟
When it went off, the news came on and I watched 15 minutes of it.
关了电视我就去睡了
And that was it. I turned the TV off and went to sleep.
最后 速记员进来了
Finally, they bring in a stenographer.
她坐下来听我讲
She sits down and I run the story.
我告诉他们周六的事
I tell them what happened this Saturday.
她走了 把记录打了出来
She leaves. She types.
25到30分钟之后 她又回来了
She comes back in about 25 to 30 minutes…
带着记录的拷贝
with a copy of this statement.
我浏览了一遍
I read through it…
总体上我还是很满意的
and when it was basically what I liked…
就签上我的大名
yes, I signed it.
他承认曾开着车子在Inwood路朝右拐
He admits driving the car and taking a right on Inwood Road…
离开了35号♥州际公路
off of Interstate 35…
或者是183高速路
or Highway 183.
他承认开过
He admits driving it.
在Inwood路右拐之后
After he made his right turn on Inwood Road…
陈述记录就到此结束
this is where our statement ends.
他说 之后的事他就记不起来了
He says he does not remember anything after that.
关于枪杀 他忘的一干二净
He didn’t remember anything about a shooting.
他也记不得有警♥察♥拦他这回事
He didn’t remember anything about a police officer stopping him.
那部分在那大脑里是空白的
That part of his mind just conveniently went blank.
他只记得开过车
He remembered driving the car…
他开始往枪杀那一幕想
and he remembered approaching the scene of the shooting…
就从那起 他都忘了
and then, from that point, he blacks out…
进了汽车旅馆之前的事什么也记不起来
and can’t remember until he gets to the motel room…
大概10分钟之后 他的记忆又恢复了
which is some 10 minutes later. Everything else he remembers vividly.
这就是瞬时记忆消失
And that’s just a convenient memory lapse, is all that is.
达拉斯晨
The Morning News in Dallas County…
说我签了一份招供书
stated that I had signed a confession…
我为杀了罗伯特 伍德忏悔
that I had confessed to the killing of Robert Wood…
他们找到了凶手 准备行动了
and they had their killer and they were ready to go with it.
关于我签的记录文件
The statement that I signed for Dallas County…
从来都不是
was never…
报纸上说的招供书
and never would have been anything as “a confession.”
可是他们正是这么标注的
But yet, they labeled it as such.
当然 我无法争辩 因为我根本不知道
Of course, I couldn’t dispute this because I didn’t even know about it.
两周之内 我什么消息也没有听到
I heard no news. I knew nothing for two weeks.
他们让我不接触任何人
They kept me completely away from everybody.
我们和她谈了好几次 希望她能想起些什么
Several times we talked to her, trying to get her to recall.
你有没有想起汽车牌照号♥码
“Do you recall the license number?
有没有想起对我们有用的信息
Do you recall anything to help us?”
她很好地描述了一下车子
And she gave us a pretty good description of the car.
她的描述和事实很接近
As it turned out, her description of the car was real close.
结果我们找的不是蓝色Vega车
It comes out that we weren’t looking for a blue Vega.
我们要找的是Comet车
We were looking for a Comet.
不用说 我们的人力都浪费在
No telling the man-hours we literally wasted…
寻找蓝色Vega车上了
looking for a blue Vega.
Vega和Comet车还是有区别的
There is a difference between a Vega and a Mercury Comet.
这样 关于车子的信息
So in reality, in regard to cars…
都搜集全了
every piece of information that was called in…
都参照Comet的样子 我的意思是 Vega
they were calling in regard to a Comet, I mean, a Vega.
打电♥话♥进来的都很诚信 尽力帮忙
The people that called in were truthful, trying to help.
他们相当配合
They really were trying to help.
我们以前有的信息都是错的
We just all had the wrong information.
大卫 哈里斯偷的车子上并没有记号♥
There wasn’t a mark on this car David Harris had stolen.
没有记号♥
Wasn’t a mark.
你觉得一辆车静静地停着
Do you think a car sitting still…
开始启动 开向一座小山
starting from a stop, heading up a hill…
一个女人站在车后
with a woman standing right behind it…
射击位置相当好
that is a very good shot with a pistol…
她本该一枪就能解决的 可她没有
She should have hit the damn thing one time. She didn’t.
我希望上帝借力给她 让她一枪崩了那个司机
I wish to God she had blown whoever was driving the car’s head off…
我没去过那
because I wouldn’t have been here.
我和坎宁安先生回去过好几次
I went back several times…
我俩仔细搜索
and with Mr. Cunningham, he and I both searched…
还是没有找到汽车被枪击中的线索
and could find no indications that that car had been hit by gunfire.
不久 他找到了一个地方
Later on, he finally found one place…
感觉像子弹留下的裂缝
that he felt as though that a bullet had been creased on it.
可就在他告诉我之前 他女儿把车开走了
But before he could tell me about it, his daughter totaled the car out.
彻底毁了它
Totally demolished it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!