十月 我和我哥哥离开了俄亥俄 驶往加利福尼亚
In October, my brother and I left Ohio. We were driving to California.
星期四的晚上 我们到了达拉斯
We got into Dallas on a Thursday night.
星期五早上 就在我喝着咖啡 吃着鸡蛋的时候
Friday morning, while I’m eating eggs and drinking coffee,
找到了一份工作
I get a good job.
这儿的所有人都好像失业了
I mean, it’s, you know… all these people are supposedly out of work.
而我 刚进这个城市一天 就找了份工作
I’m not in town a half a day, and I’ve got a job.
日子过得井井有条 好像我命宿此地
Everything clicked. It’s as if I was meant to be here.
我好几次从家里逃出来 一次还是两次 我不记得了
I’d run away from home a couple of times. Once or twice. I don’t know.
那时候 大卫也正从家里跑出来
And this all started, David is running away from home.
他拿着…我带着父亲的一把手♥枪♥和猎枪
And he takes… I took a pistol of my dad’s and a shotgun.
偷走了邻居的车子
Took a neighbor’s car.
我曾经潜入他家拿走了车钥匙
I had broken into their house and got the keys to it.
我糊里糊涂地
I forget exactly what it was.
来到了达拉斯
Ended up coming to Dallas.
我去工作的时候 还没有别人来
I went to work and no one showed up.
到了周末 他们有时做一会 有时就不做
Being a weekend, sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn’t.
回家的路上 我的车没油了
On the way home, I ran out of gas.
当我带着油罐 沿着马路走的时候
And as I was walking down the street with the gas can…
就在那时 一个人 把停车了下来
a person, at that time, pulled over.
我想他是看到我提了油罐
I guess since I had the gas can…
认为我没油了 我离他的车子不足100码
he figured I was out of gas. I wasn’t 100 yards from the car.
糟糕的是 正值感恩节周末 加油站都关了
And being Thanksgiving weekend, there was no gas stations open.
他停下来 问我要不要帮忙
He stopped and asked me if I needed any help.
我正开着车子驶在往达拉斯的路上
I’m driving down some street somewhere in Dallas.
那时我刚16岁
I had just turned 16.
那儿有个人 我想他是没汽油了
And there was a guy over there, I think he’d run out of gas…
我带着他去找些油 他就是兰德尔 亚当斯
I took him to get some gas. This was Randall Adams.
然后就跟着他到了他和他哥的住处
Ended up following him where him and his brother were staying.
就在那个晚上
Eventually, that evening…
我们出去喝了点啤酒
we went out and got some beer.
抽了点大♥麻♥ 很尽兴
We smoked a little marijuana and what have you.
接着又去看了场电影
Went to a movie that night.
星期六 我起来就去工作了
I get up, I go to work on Saturday.
我怎么会碰到这个孩子的 我也不知道
Why did I meet this kid? I don’t know.
我怎么就在那个时候没油了
Why did I run out of gas at that time?
我也不知道 但这恰恰发生了
I don’t know. But it happened.
12月21号♥ 他们来接我
The day they picked me up, December 21.
他们带我上楼 至于哪一层 我不知道
They took me upstairs. What floor, I don’t know.
他们带我进入一个小房♥间
But they put me in a little room.
盖斯 罗斯走了进来
Gus Rose walked in.
他有一份招供书 让我签
He had a confession there he wanted me to sign.
他说我得签
He said that I would sign.
他才不管我说什么 让我在纸上签字
He didn’t give a damn what I said. I would sign this piece of paper.
我告诉他 我不签
I told him I couldn’t.
我不知道你们这些人指望我什么
“I don’t know what the hell you people expect of me.
但是我无论如何也不能签
“But there’s no way I can sign that.”
他走出去 不到10分钟 又回来
He left. He came back in 10 minutes.
扔了一把手♥枪♥在桌上
And threw a pistol on the table.
让我瞧瞧 我看了一眼
Asked me to look at it. Which I did. I looked.
他让我拿起手♥枪♥
He asked me to pick it up.
我拒绝了 我怎么可以这么做
I told him no, I wouldn’t do that.
他威逼我
He threatened me.
我只能再次拒绝
Again, I told him no.
他扣着左轮手♥枪♥的扳机对着我
He pulled his service revolver on me.
我们目视对方 而我觉得似乎过了几个小时
We looked at each other for… To me, it seemed hours.
我不喜欢对着枪孔
I do not like looking down the barrel of a pistol.
我更不喜欢被威胁
I do not like being threatened.
最后 他要么杀了我
When he finally saw that he would either have to kill me…
要么放弃签名
or forget the signature…
我想他还是选择放弃了 因为他收起手♥枪♥
I guess he forgot the signature, because he put his pistol up.
他收起桌上的枪 然后摔门而出
He took the pistol on the table, put it up and stormed out.
我和他轻松友好的交谈
I had a casual, friendly conversation with him to start with…
并打量了他一番
to try to size him up…
也了解了他的一些喜好
to see what he liked and what he didn’t like.
我突然发现他没什么道德
I found almost immediately that he didn’t have much conscience.
他做完坏事 不会觉得心烦
Anything he had done, it never really bothered him.
他告诉我
He had done other things that he told me about…
他从来就没有愧疚之感
that didn’t seem to bother him in the least.
他面无表情
He showed no expression whatsoever.
坐再那 一会谈到墙的颜色
It’s just like he’s sitting here talking about the color of this wall…
一会又提及他枪杀♥警♥官
or the shooting of the police officer.
对我所有问题他都漠然置之
He showed no reaction to any of the questions.
他甚至强调他的清白
He almost overacted his innocence.
坚称自己没做错什么
He protested he hadn’t done anything.
我们怎么会把他带来 不可理喻
Couldn’t imagine why we were bringing him in.
他不反抗
He didn’t fight or he didn’t resist.
他只是坚信他的无辜
He just protested his innocence.
我告诉他们 星期六我和这个孩子的事
I told them what happened that Saturday, that I had met this kid.
而且不断重述此事
I kept telling them the same thing.
他们不信任我
They didn’t want to believe me.
我想打个电♥话♥从来没被批准过
Never once was I allowed a phone call.
那也没有律师 从来没有
Never once was an attorney there.
我不知道过了多久
I don’t know how long this had been.
两包烟抽完已经好久了
I had smoked two packs of cigarettes and had been out for a long time.
伍德的罚款单从不离车
Wood didn’t take his ticket book out of the car.
他一直把它放在前座上
He left it in the car on the front seat…
显然 他不会去签一张罚款单的
which indicates that he was not going to write a ticket.
他可能做的就是让他们打开汽车前灯
What he was probably going to do was have them turn on the headlights.
他不知道那部车子是偷来的
He didn’t know that the car was stolen.
我想 他很有可能
I think that there’s a very good chance…
检查驾照
that he was going to check the driver’s license…
并告诉他把前灯打开 然后就放他们走
and tell him to turn on his headlights, and let the guy be on his way.
伍德警官的妻子给他买♥♥了件防弹衣
Officer Wood’s wife had purchased him…
还挂在圣诞树下
a bulletproof vest and had it under the Christmas tree.
也可能先收起来了 到圣诞节再给他
Or had it stored away, to give to him at Christmastime.
他的搭档是第一个
His partner was one of the first female police officers…
被委任巡逻任务的女警官
that was assigned to patrol.
他们从西北局过来 按时接♥班♥
They were from the Northwest Station. Just patrol officers following the clock.
值夜班
Working the graveyard shift and everything.
他们进了一个快餐店 买♥♥了杯麦芽汁
They had been into a fast-food restaurant. And she had a malt.
车子开了过来 里面有两个人 没有开车灯
This car came by, these two dudes in it, with no lights on.
这个问题到不严重
It wasn’t a serious problem…
但他停下了车子 打开灯示意他停车
but he just pulled up, turned his lights on to stop him.
只是为了警告他没开灯
Just to warn the man that his lights were off.
他走出车门 迎了上去
Got out of the car and walked up.
就在他向到车窗的时候 司机…
Before he got to the window, where the driver was…
当他到了车窗
he was in the right position.
那人转过身来
This man just turned around and just…
拿着一支小口径手♥枪♥
with a little small-caliber pistol.
第一枪打在了他手臂上
The first shot hit him in the arm.
他拿着手电筒 子弹击中了手电筒进入了他的手臂
He had his flashlight. It hit the flashlight and went into his arm.
第二枪击中了他胸腔右部
The next one hit him right in the chest.
警官倒在第一交通道上
The officer falls in the street and he was in the first traffic lane.
他躺在那 流血至死
He lay there and bled to death.
她走出车门
So she’s out of the car.
她仍开手♥枪♥
She empties her pistol at the fleeing suspect…
跑过去救他
and she runs to his aid.
一般程序是抓起电♥话♥报♥警♥
Procedure says you grab the radio and call for an ambulance.
常识是这样的 可如果你遇上这种事 会怎么做
Common sense would tell you that. But what do you do?
那个时候 她只是不知所措
And that time, she’s so… just tore down.
血 到处是血
And the blood. An enormous amount of blood.
我们又怎么能再追究她的失职呢
How do we hold her responsible for not following procedure?
可最重要的是 她忘了汽车牌照号♥码了
But the main thing was, she couldn’t remember the license number.
我们勘查现场 开始收集证据
When we started putting facts together on how much information we had…
可我们却一无所获
from the leads we had, we found out we didn’t have anything.
我们只知道那是辆蓝色的Vega车
The only thing that we knew we were looking for was a blue Vega.
德州每一辆已经注册的Vega车
Probably every Vega that was registered in the state of Texas…
都被拦住 检查
was stopped and checked.
有人报♥警♥说
We had people calling the office…
我找到一辆Vega 但不是蓝色的
saying, “I’ve got a Vega and it’s not blue.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!