My name is Stephen Hawking.
是美国口音的
It’s American!
有问题吗
Is that a problem?
这个…有别的选择吗
Oh, my goodness, well… is there another voice?
目前我只有这一种
It’s the only one lately I have at the moment.
真棒
I think it’s great.
取自歌♥曲《Daisy Bell》
黛西 黛西 告诉我你的答案 快点
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do.
“说实话 亲爱的 我不在乎”
“Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”
《神秘博士》中Dalek的经典台词
消灭
Exterminate!
消灭
Exterminate!
消灭
Exterminate!
我要写本书
I will write a book.
关于什么的
About what?
-时间 -时间
– Time. – Time.
时间的本质是什么
What is the nature of time?
时间有没有尽头
Will it ever come to an end?
我们能不能回到过去
Can we go back in time?
也许未来 这些问题会变得
Some day these answers may seem
像地球绕着太阳转一样平常
as obvious to us as the Earth orbiting the sun,
古代人对宇宙的认识
抑或如乌龟塔般荒谬
or perhaps as ridiculous as a tower of tortoises.
唯有时间
Only time,
不管它是什么 才能给我们答案
whatever that may be, will tell.
基普·索恩 致 斯蒂芬·霍金
剑桥大学
英国
教授
Professor?
阁楼
-是帮我朋友订的 -当然…
– It is for a friend. – Of course it is…
男人都这么说
That’s what they all say.
教授 不用在我面前不好意思
You don’t have to be embarrassed in front of me, Professor.
我了解你们男人
I know what men are like.
我们来看看吧
Shall we take a look?
来吧
There you go.
对不起
Oh! I’m Sorry.
翻页吗
Next one?
怎么了
What?
时间史
时间













我说过 我一直在努力寻找
So I said I had long been looking for
适用于整个宇宙的模型[模特]
a model of the universe.
我终于找到了她
I finally found her.
可不是嘛
I bet you did.
史蒂芬 打扰一下 合同来了
Stephen, I need to steal you, the contract’s arrived.
简 能再等一小会儿吗
Could you just give us a minute, please, Jane?
好啦
There we go.
焕然一新
Like new.
我们是谁 为何存在于此
Who are we? Why are we here?
这两个问题如果有答案
If ever learn this it would be
会是人类思想史上的重大突破
the ultimate triumph of the human reason,
因为那时 我们才真的理解了上帝
for then we would know the mind of God.
-你真这么觉得 -是的
– Do you mean this? – Yes.
-当然 -所以你承认上帝存在了
– Of course. – So, you’re acknowledging Him?
但是
However.
“但是”什么
“However”, what?
你到底让不让我享受这一刻
Are you actually going to let me have this moment?
不客气
You’re welcome.
我请伊莲陪我去美国了
我请伊莲陪我去美国了
I have asked Elaine to travel with me to America.
她会照顾我的
She will look after me.
是吗
Will she?
是的
Yes.
有人邀你去哪 你都会告诉我的
You always use to tell me when an invitation came in.
又得奖了 我也没办法
Another award, what can you do?
对不起
I’m sorry.
多少年了
How many years?
他们说只有两年
They said two.
已经许多年了
You’ve had so many.
一切都会好起来的
Everything will be okay.
我爱过你
I have loved you.
我尽力了
I did my best.
小心点
Careful!
-那个留下 -好的
– No, that’s staying. – All right.
乔纳森 再见
Bye, Jonathan.
时间简史
斯蒂芬
霍金
教授 我喜欢你的书
Professor, I love your book!
谢谢
Thank you.
时间
时间
我1963年第一次见到霍金教授
I first met the Professor in 1963.
现在他都开始讲”时间”了 时间都去哪了
And there you are… time, where did it go?
看着他挑战极限
It has been one of the great joys of my life
无论是科学上的
to watch this man
还是医学上的 都使我倍感欣慰
defy every expectation, both scientific and personal.
有请我敬爱的同事
Please welcome onto the stage my esteemed colleague,
我亲爱的朋友 霍金教授
my dear friend, Professor Hawking.
非常感谢 我们先来讨论
Thank you! Could we please
第一个预选问题 好吗 谢谢
have the first preselected question, thank you.
大家能听到吗
Can you hear me?
现在您已是名扬四海
Now you are recognized everywhere.
您是如何应对大家的关注的呢
How do you deal with all the attention?
最近 我在剑桥被一位游客拦住
I was stopped recently by a tourist at Cambridge
他问我是否真的是霍金
who asked if I was the real Stephen Hawking.
我回答说我不是
I replied I was not,
霍金本人比我帅多了
and said the real one was much better looking.
1979年 您曾表示
In 1979, you talked about
有望在本世纪末
the possibility of a Theory of Everything.
发现适用万物的理论
being discovered before the end of the century.
我现在预言我当时错了
I now predict that I was wrong.
霍金教授 您说过您不信上帝
Professor Hawking, you have said you do not believe in God.
那您有什么实用的处世哲学吗
Do you have a philosophy of life that helps you?
您说过您不信上帝
You have said you did not believe in God.
那么您有什么指导您的生活哲学吗
Do you have a philosophy of life that helps you?
我们人类也不过是高级灵长类动物
It is clear that we are just an advanced breed of primates,
生活在一颗小星球上
on a minor planet orbiting
绕着一颗普通的恒星转
around a very average star,
我们生活的银河系之外
in the outer suburb of one
还有上亿个星系
among a hundred billion galaxies…
然而 自人类文明诞生以来
But, ever since the dawn of civilization,
人们就没有停止过
people have craved for
对世界根本规律的探索
an understanding of the underlying order of the world.
宇宙的边界是什么
There ought to be something
肯定有个特别的答案
very special about the boundary conditions of the universe.
但是还有比没有边界更特别的答案吗
And what can be more special than that there is no boundary?
同样 人类的潜力也不会有边界
And there should be no boundary to human endeavor.
我们都是与众不同的
We are all different.
无论生活多么艰辛
However bad life may seem,
你总会有自己的方式发光
there is always something you can do, and succeed at.
生命不息 希望不止
While there is life, there is hope.
这个
That came.
是斯蒂芬的来信
It’s from Stephen.
天啊
Gosh.
你眼镜总是这么脏
Your glasses are always dirty.
霍金教授 霍金夫人 女王接见
Professor and Mrs Hawking, Her Majesty the Queen.
恭喜你
Congratulations.
我的”荣誉伴侣”
My “Companion of Honor”.
干得好 主张自♥由♥社♥会♥主♥义♥的老头子
Not bad for an old liberal socialist.
别担心 你还是可以拒绝授衔的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!