I doubt he would be willing.
你好啊 斯蒂芬
Hello, Stephen.
-喝这个行吗 -这个…
– Is this okay? – Well…
我是不会说出去的
I won’t tell if you won’t.
但是…
Just…
别喝多 你还得开车呢
bearing in mind you have to drive.
简需要你的帮助
Jane needs help.
萨拉 千万记得
Sarah, you won’t forget to give him
一着陆就给他注射药物
the injection as soon as soon as you land, will you.
到宾馆记得给我打个电♥话♥
And you’ll call me when you get to the hotel.
-不会忘的 -保证
– I will. -Yes? Promise?
-一定不会 -好
– Yeah. – Good!
斯蒂芬
Stephen?
妈妈带孩子来
Mum’ll take the baby.
-她一会就到 -我们波尔多见
– She’ll be here any minute. – See you in Bordeaux.
千万注意
And be good.
-他们睡了吗 -睡了
– They asleep? – Yeah.
乔纳森
Jonathan.
天哪
Oh God!
抱歉 让一下
Excuse me, sorry.
乔纳森
Jonathan?
乔纳森 斯蒂芬出事了
Jonathan, it’s Stephen, he’s been just taken ill,
他突然病重 被送到了医院
he’s in the hospital right now,
现在还在昏迷
he’s in a coma.
他怎么了
他感染了肺炎
现在全靠呼吸机维持
不知道他还能撑多久
现在我们可以
撤掉呼吸机吗
你什么意思
What are you talking about?
可以让他没有痛苦的离开
This way would be a painless end.
让他脱离麻醉状态
If we try to bring him round from the anesthetic
也不一定能保他的命
it’s not sure he will survive resuscitation.
让他脱离麻醉状态
You have to bring him round from the anesthetic!
你确定真要这么做
Are you sure it’s what you want?
唯一能让他呼吸的方法
The only way of weaning him off the ventilator
就是实施气管切开术
would be to give him a tracheotomy,
在脖子上开刀 从喉咙旁边过去
a hole in the neck, by-passing the throat.
他就再也没法说话了
He will never speak again.
没得商量 必须要保住他的命
There’s no question… Stephen must live.
需要什么就用什么
I will see he gets everything he needs.
然后转院回剑桥
I will have him transferred back to Cambridge.
-路上他可能撑不住的 -他能的
– He may not survive the journey. – Yes, he will.
我知道
I know.
我就…
I’ll…
不去了
step back.
你东西都带齐了吗
Did you get everything in the car…
他的轮椅 设备什么的
his chair, and his equipment, and everything?
再见了
Goodbye.
斯蒂芬
Stephen?
这是个拼字板
This is a spelling board.
我先说颜色
Firstly, you tell me
你要哪个颜色
what letter you want by blinking
就对我眨下眼睛
when I say the color of the group that contains that letter.
确定了颜色以后
Once I know the group,
我说到你要的字母
you can choose the character inside that group by
你就眨下眼睛
by blinking again when I say the color of each letter with that group…
…很简单
…apparently
我们先试试吧
Let’s just try.
绿色
Green.
蓝色
Blue.
粉色
Pink.
黑色
Black.
红色
Red.
斯蒂芬 用哪个颜色的字母
Blink to choose the color of
就对我眨下眼睛好吗
the group of the letter that you want, Stephen.?
绿色
Green.
蓝色
Blue.
粉色
Pink.
黑色
Black.
红色
Red.
-稍等一下 -好的
– Just wait here. – Great.
她来了 很多人推荐她的
She’s here, she comes highly recommended.
跟她和气点
Promise not to eat her alive.
好吗
Okay?
来啦
Here we are.
伊莲 这是斯蒂芬
Elaine, Stephen.
斯蒂芬 这是伊莲
Stephen, Elaine.
教授 很高兴见到你
Lovely to meet you, Professor.
需要的东西应该都在这
Now, you should have everything you need.
还需要什么再找我 我就在隔壁
But if there’s anything else, I’ll be right next door.
很好 我们可以马上开始了
Great, I think we’ll get straight to work.
简 谢谢
Thank you, Jane.
-对了 麻烦关上门 -当然
– Oh, if you just close the doors. – Of course.
那我们就开始了
We’ll get started then.
好了
Okay…
红色
Red.
黄色
Yellow.
T
T.
绿色
Green.
黑色 E
Black… “E”.
绿色 绿色 A
Green, green, “A”.
茶
Tea.
你要一杯茶
You want a cup of tea?
好的
Okay.
要什么口味
Any preference?
我知道你肯定都记住了
You’ve memorized the board, I know you have.
我可没空陪你耗
I haven’t got all day.
绿 绿 绿 黄
Green, green, green, yellow.
黄 B
Yellow, “B”.
绿 蓝 黑 粉 红
Green, blue, black, pink, red.
红色吗
Red?
绿 黄 蓝 蓝
Green, yellow, blue, blue.
U 加奶 两勺糖 是吗
“U”… should be Builder’s Tea, right?
今天怎么样
Well, how did you get on?
他是我遇到过最棒的人
You know, I think he’s the most brilliant man I’ve ever met.
-你很幸运 -谢谢
– You’re very lucky. – Thank you.
连他走过的土地都是伟大的…
You must worship the ground beneath…
是轮椅压过
His wheels.
他非常配合 而且很幽默
And he’s a perfect patient, he’s so funny.
看报道里的他 还以为…
When you read about him people…
先看他恢复得什么样
Let’s see how he gets on,
好吗 伊莲
shall we, Elaine?
那里系紧
That’s tightened up.
你看 高度可调节
As you can see, it’s height adjustable,
角度也可以随意变换
and we can change the angle to whatever Steve wants it at.
-这可是尖端科技 -要怎么用
– You know, it’s cutting-edge. – So, how does it work?
它有一个十分简单的界面
It uses a very simple interface
你可以一个个字母的浏览
that scans through the alphabet
每次选一个字母
and selects each letter one at a time.
用了这个设备 教授大概
I mean, using this technique, the Professor can
每分钟可以写四个单词
expect to write at about four words per minute.
很好啊 总比一分钟一个要好
Good! Better than one a minute.
是啊 而且我从自动答录机里
Yes, and what I’ve done is taken the components
拿了些零件
from a telephone answering system, actually,
把文字转换成语♥音♥
to convert the written text into synthesized speech.
声音是有点像机器人 但总…
I mean the voice sounds a little bit robotic, but…
我们来试试吧
Shall we give it a try?
-太棒了 -这是按钮
– Great! – Here’s the clicker.
右手吗
Right hand?
开始吧
There you go.
欢迎来到未来世界
Welcome to the future.
我叫斯蒂芬·霍金