All right. When’s the best time to reach you?
好的 最好什么时候打给你
Now?
现在
Hello? Hi, Mr Navorski.
你好 嗨 纳沃斯基先生
Yes, this is Viktor Navorski. Who calls?
是的 我是维克多 纳沃斯基 你是那位
It’s Cliff from the Discovery Store.
我是探索专卖店的克利夫
Cliff. Hello.
克利夫 你好
How’s it going? Good.
还好吧 很好
Is this a good time? Yes, I wait for your call all day.
现在打电话合适吗 是的 我等你电话一天了
Well, I got to tell you that the position’s been filled.
我要告诉你这个职位已经有人了
Yeah, so could you please go sit someplace else?
所以你能不能坐到其他地方去
I go to bathroom now. That’d be good.
我到洗手间去 非常感谢
All right. Thank you.
好的 谢谢
OK.
好的
Who is this?
他是谁
Who are you? It’s no one.
你是谁 不知道
There’s no one here for two weeks. This isn’t one of my guys.
这里二个星期都没人 不是我的人
Look at this cornicing. This is good work.
看看这墙壁 不错的手艺
Must be Harry’s crew. You with Harry’s crew?
一定是哈利的人 你是哈利的人吗
Does Harry think he’s running this job?
哈利知道他在这里工作吗
I go now. Go? Go where?
我走了 走 走到那去
Gate 67. 67?
67号门 67
We’re ten months away from 67.
67号门的工程还早着呢
He’s got to be Harry’s. If he’s not mine and he’s not yours…
他既不是你的人也不是我的 一定是哈利的人
Harry’s trying to make me look bad.
哈利是想让我难看啊
I’ve got to slow him down before he gets to 67.
我才不会让他就这么 得到67号门的工程
What’s your name? Viktor Navorski.
你叫什么名字 纳沃斯基
Pull him off Harry’s crew, put him on mine.
把他从哈利的队伍挖出来 我需要他
You start 6.30 Monday morning.
明天早上6:30上班
You give me job?
你给我工作
6.30, yes… Boss.
6:30 好的 老板
jazz plays on personal stereo
今天午夜 不要迟到
We have lobster ravioli from Alitalia.
有意大利航空公司的龙虾饺
We have caviar from Russian Aeroflot.
俄国航空总局的鱼子酱
OK. Just bring it.
好的 拿过来
Hey, Viktor. Hello, all.
嗨 维克多 你们好
Look. The man without a country.
看啊 没有国家的男人
Come on in. Welcome.
过来 欢迎
I see this. You did well.
我看到这个了 做的不错
Have a seat.
请坐
Here? Here.
这里 这里
Come on, sit down.
来吧 坐下
Who invited him? I did. We needed a fourth, right?
谁邀请他的 是我 我们三缺一 不是吗
I’m not going to play with him. Gupta, relax, would you?
我不想和他一起玩 古普塔 别紧张好吗
He isn’t a spy. How do you know?
他不是间谍 你怎么知道
He could be recording everything we say.
他会记录下我们的谈话
A wire in his shirt.
他的衬衣里有窃听器
A microphone up in his ass.
他的头发里有麦克风
I’m not going to lose my job. Fine.
我可不想被炒鱿鱼 好吧
What if we x rayed him? Yes.
我们给他照个x光好吧 好的
Close your eyes.
闭上你的眼睛
OK. So you are clean. Good. Let’s play cards.
好了 你是清白的 好的 我们玩牌吧
I will have money. But… Friday.
我有钱 不过要到星期五
Don’t worry about it. We play for unclaimed items from the Lost and Found.
不要担心 我们用机场遗失物品做赌注
You’ll be amazed at what people leave at airports. Come.
你绝对想不到人们会在 机场留下些什么 来吧
I have two nines and two nines.
我有二对九和二对九
Four nines. Thank you.
四个九 谢了
Careful. Watch out.
小心 注意
We have a question for you.
我们有问题想问你
Yeah, we’re just curious.
对 我们很好奇
What is in the can?
罐子里面是什么
This? We saw the x ray.
这个 我们在X光里看到的
We know there’s no nuts in there.
我们知道里面没有吃的了
What is in there?
这里面有什么
This is jazz.
这是爵士乐
Jazz? Jazz, yes.
爵士乐 是的 爵士乐
Jazz? Yes.
爵士乐 是的
You sure it’s jazz in there? It might be the blues.
你肯定里面是爵士乐吗 可能还是蓝调的
Or salsa. Maybe it’s Stevie Wonder.
或者拉丁风格 也许是史提夫·汪德
No, no, is jazz. OK, guys. OK.
不 不 是爵士乐 好的 好
For tonight’s grand prize, we have…
今晚的最丰盛的奖品就是
Show them, Gupta.
给他们看看 古普塔
I found this upstairs.
我在楼上找到了这个
Virgin Air, first class lounge.
澳大利亚航空公司 头等舱
There you go.
来了
And… they belong to?
是谁的
Cher.
谢尔
Cher?
谢尔
As in… Cher?
是谢尔的
Yeah. Cher.
是的 谢尔
I checked it out. There were witnesses.
我调查过了 有目击者的
Those are Cher’s panties.
是谢尔的内裤
Ready? Hurry up.
准备好了吗 快点
So, will we share the panties?
我们会分享这条内裤
No, no, no. Not if I win.
不 不 它是我的
Come on. Wait a second.
来吧 等等
United Airlines flight number 801 to Narita
联合航空公司飞往 成田机场的801航班
is now announcing final boarding.
马上就要起飞了
“You can’t. That is mine.”
“不行 这是我的”
“You can get so confused.”
“你会很烦恼的”
Viktor?
维克多
Well, hi.
嗨
Please.
请让我来
How are you? Good.
最近怎么样 很好
Man.
伙计
I am so sorry about what happened last time, asking you out like that.
上次那样约你出去 我真的很抱歉
I’m so used to guys trying to grab my ass at 30,000 feet
所有男人就算在3000尺的高空 都会设法摸我的屁股
that when I meet somebody that doesn’t
当我真正遇到一个没这种想法的人时
I don’t know how to react.
我却不知道该如何面对了
Let’s just start over. Yes, OK.
让我们先不聊这个了 好的
Are you coming or going? I don’t know. Both.
你是离开还是回来 我也不知道 都是吧
Tell me about it.
那是什么意思 和我说说吧
Napoleon?
拿破仑
Yeah. I read a lot of history books.
是啊 我读过很多历史小说
They’re long and cheap.
都是价廉物美的书 不过内容都是杀来杀去
Like 1200 pages for $9.99. You can’t beat that.
像这1200页只要9.99美元 这个价钱太诱惑人了
But Napoleon? Yeah. He’s one of my favourites.
但是这个 拿破仑 是啊 关于他的书是我的最爱
You know what saved Napoleon’s life? No.
你知道是什么拯救了拿破仑的命吗 不知道
His ego. Ego?
他的自负 自负
Yes.
是的
After he loses the Battle of Waterloo,
在他经历了滑铁卢惨败之后
Napoleon isolates himself on the tiny island of Saint Helena.
拿破仑把自己单独留在一个小小的圣海伦娜岛上
No one knows exactly what happens next,
确切的来说没有人知道后来发生了什么
but the version I like goes like this:
不过我比较喜欢的一个版本是这样说的
He’s very depressed and decides to take his own life.
他十分沮丧 并且准备结束自己的生命
But Napoleon believes himself to be of such superhuman strength
但是拿破仑相信他自己 具有超于常人的体质
that he takes six times the amount of poison needed to do the job.
所以他服用了6倍于常人剂量的毒药
His stomach is so full up with poison that his body rejects it,
他的胃里塞满了毒药 他的身体产生排斥作用
and he doesn’t die.
他于是死里逃生
See? Ego. Saved his life.
明白吗 自负 救了他的命
Maybe he need glasses.
或许他需要一副眼镜
Glasses? Yes. To read words on bottle.
眼镜 是的 这样就可以看清药瓶上写的字
Poison.
毒药
It’s funny you should say that.
你这个说法真的很有趣
Rumour has it that Napoleon was farsighted.
有谣传说拿破仑的确是远视眼
There you go. There you go.
你说得不错 说得不错
There you go. And there you go.
说得不错 你说得不错
I think we’re rewriting history right here.
维克多我认为我们正在这里改写历史
Why don’t we talk about it over lunch?
为什么我们不边吃午餐边谈这个
Oh, my God, I can’t believe it. I just asked you out again.
上帝 不敢相信我又这样随便约你了
I just did it again.
我又这样做了