We got it Motown signed us!
贝里·戈迪说他爱我们
Berry Gordy said he loves us.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
奥蒂斯,我怀孕了
Otis, I’m pregnant.
什么都不用担心
Don’t worry about anything.
一切都会好的
Everything’s gonna be fine.
从现在开始我也是个有家庭的人了
So I became an instant family man.
我们的儿子拉蒙特如时出生
Our son Lamont arrived right on schedule.
要是我们的事业也能发展得这么快就好了
If only our careers had happened as fast.
你为什么不来,来吧,是的,我喜欢
Why don’t you come, come Oh, yeah, I like that.
原曲:The Temptations – Paradise
发行时间:1962年
祝你幸福,宝贝
To my paradise Ba-a-a-a-by
祝你幸福
To my paradise
我得到了它,哦,哦,哦
I got it.Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
回来,哦,哦,祝你幸福
Come back, ooh-ooh To my paradise
我的宝贝
Ba-a-a-a-by
祝你幸福
To my paradise
诱惑乐队成为了摩城唱片的一部分
The Temptations became part of the Motown machine,
你为什么不来。贝里·戈迪对艺术家的发展采用流水线方法
Why don’t you come Berry Gordy’s assembly line approach to artist development
1962年7月
祝你幸福。我们得到了莫里斯·金的声乐指导
To my paradise we had vocal coaching from Maurice King.
还有在摩城工作室举办的无数次会议…
And countless sessions in Motown studio a…
和因《放克兄弟》而家喻户晓的内部乐队一起
With the in-house band known as The Funk Brothers.
贝里·戈迪自己创作并制♥作♥了我们最初的大部分唱片
Berry Gordy himself wrote and produced most of our first records.
她又回到我怀里
With her back in my arms again
还有一位传奇舞者的编舞
And there was choreography by a legendary dancer,
查理·阿特金斯
Charlie Atkins.
保罗和查理
Paul and Charlie…
并不总是能在一个节拍上
Didn’t always agree.
你所说的那些事
With all your talk
我不想醒来
And l-l-l-l don’t wanna wake up
我不想醒来
Don’t wanna wake up
我不想醒来
Don’t wanna wake up
哦,不,不,不
Oh, no, no, no
可能在唱片制♥作♥过程中最独特的部分
Probably the most unique part of the whole operation…
是质量控制会议
Was the quality control meetings.
贝里从他在福特工厂工作的日子里借用了这套机制
Berry borrowed this from his days working at the Ford plant.
他将召集主要高管、歌♥曲作者和制♥作♥人,
He would gather key executives, songwriters and producers together,
每一张唱片都会因其潜在的热播率而被投票
And every record would get voted on for its hit potential.
在很长一段时间里,我们似乎连一张他们认为足够好的唱片都拿不到
For the longest time, it seemed we couldn’t even get a record they thought was good enough.
谁认为这唱片做得很成功?
Who thinks it’s a hit?
好吧。如果你只剩最后一块钱
Okay. If you were down to your last dollar,
你会买♥♥这张唱片还是三明治?
Would you buy this record or a sandwich?
三明治
Sandwich.
接下来呢?
What’s next?
原曲:The Temptations – I Want A Love I Can See
发行时间:1963年
1963年1月
我想要一份看得见的爱
I want a love I can see
这是唯一对我有意义的东西啊
That’s the only kind that means a thing to me Ah-ah-ah
不想要爱情你得告诉我
Don’t want a love you have to tell me about Ah-ah-a
那种看不见的爱情我当然可以没有
That kind of loving I can sure do without Ah-ah-ah
我当然可以没有
I can sure do without
是的,是的,是的,我想要一份看得见的爱
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I want a love I can see
斯莫基·罗宾逊是下一个接受挑战的人
Smokey Robinson was the next to take up the challenge,
但我们知道我们成功了
And we knew we had a hit.
我不想被我现在听到的事情吓跑
Don’t wanna be going by something I heard now
因为,宝贝,行动胜于雄辩
‘Cause, baby, action speaks louder than words
好吧,谁认为这唱片做得很成功?
All right, who thinks it’s a hit?
虽然很好,但还不够好
As good as it was, it wasn’t good enough.
它甚至没有登上排行榜
It didn’t even make the charts.
两年过去了,我们开始被称为无法成功的诱惑乐队
Two years had passed, and we were starting to be known as the Hitless Temptations.
别担心,大家。下一张唱片会成功的
Don’t worry, y’all. Next record’ll make it.
我希望如此,因为我已经开始想象我们成功的场景了
I hope so, ’cause I’m startin’ to wonder.
我倒是丝毫没有想象。我们为什么要在圣诞节排练?
Well, I ain’t. Why are we rehearsing on Christmas?
如果你们中有人有点理智的话,就会去找一份真正的工作。圣诞快乐
If any of y’all had any sense, you’d go find yourselves a real job too. Merry Christmas.
又一次,他又变成了一个混♥蛋♥!
Once again, there he goes bein’ a jerk!
又一次,伙计,可你知道,他是对的
Once again, man, you know, he’s right.
我连一个孩子都负担不起。可现在,我就要生第四个了
I can’t afford one baby- Here I am, about to have my fourth
来吧,保罗。我知道会好起来的
Come on, Paul. I know it’s gonna get better.
别看我们现在这样。如果斯莫基和贝里不能给我们写首成功的歌♥
Don’t see how. Hell, if Smokey and Berry can’t write us a hit,
那也许不是!也许不是歌♥的问题
Then maybe it’s no! the songs.
知道我在说什么吗?
Know what I’m sayin’?
好吧,嘿,这样看吧,我们只能不断前进,不能止步不前
Well, hey, look at it this way – We ain’t got nowhere to go but Up
你们看,这就是我要谈的
See, now that’s what I’m talkin’ about, y’all.
看,我感觉到了。我们都会成为大明星
See, I feel it. We’re all gonna be big stars.
新年快乐!
Happy new year!
196♥4♥年的新年
原曲:Robert Burns – Auld Lang Syne
发行时间:18世纪
怎能忘记
Should auld acquaintance
旧日朋友
Be forgot
心中能不怀想
And never brought to mind
怎能忘记
Should auld acquaintance
旧日朋友
Be forgot
友谊地久天长
And auld lang syne
友谊万岁
For auld lang syne, my clear
友谊万岁
For auld lang syne
举杯痛饮,同声歌♥颂
We’ll take a cup of kindness yet
友谊地久天长
For auld lang syne
谢谢大家,新年快乐!我们爱你们!
Thank you for coming out Happy new year! We love you!
再多唱一会!再多唱一会!
More, more! More, morel
哇。新年快乐!
Whoa’. Happy new year!
伙计,你们听到了吗?我们回去吧
Man, you guys hear that? Let’s go back out there.
哦,他们爱我们。我们出去吧。好吧,让我们出去一起唱《查克》吧
Oh, they lovin’ us. I say we go out there.
Okay, let’s sing check. ”
老兄,我们不能再回去了
Man, we ain’t goin’ back out there.
为什么,博恩斯?
And why not, Bones?
我们刚唱完《友谊地久天长》。老天,我累了
We just got done singin’ “Auld lang syne.” hell, I’m tired.
现在,你看,我们很少被邀请再唱一次
Now, look, it is not often that we get asked out for an encore.
我们有家人在外面。我们有朋友在外面
We got family out there. We got friends out there.
见鬼,伙计,我们的老板也在外面,伙计,老板想让我们再唱一次
Hell, man, our boss is out there, man, and he wants an encore
所以我想唱歌♥,好吗?我们都想唱歌♥
So I feel like singin’, all right? We all feel like singin’.
我说我累了。-博恩斯,伙计,我受够你的这些废话了!
I said I’m tired. – Bones, man, I am so sick of your crap!
我也同样受够你的废话了
Not nearly as sick as I am of yours.
事实上,别跟我说别的
As a matter of fact, don’t say nothin’ else to me.
为什么你要这么消极?嗯?为什么?
Why is it that you have to be so negative?
Huh? Why is that?
让我看看能不能给你解释一下
Let me see if I can explain it to you.
你有什么毛病,伙计?-我要退出乐队了!
What’s wrong with you, man? – I quit!
来吧!- 你真蠢!
Come on! – You’re stupid!
就这样。你被我们踢出乐队了。他已经被我们踢出乐队了
That’s it. You’re out. He’s gone.
你不能告诉我我被踢出乐队了,埃迪!我告诉你
You can’t tell me I’m fired, Eddie! Well, I’m tellin’ you
你被我们踢出乐队了!要罚我50美分吗?
You’re out the group! Gonna fine me 50 cents?
事情就是这样。你滚出我们乐队吧
That’s it. You on your own.
行吧
Fine.
喂哦
Weool
原曲:The Isley Brothers – Shout
发行时间:1959年
你知道你让我想要
You know you make me wanna
大喊一声,踢我的脚后跟,把头往后仰
Shout, shout Kick my heels up and throw my head back
大喊一声,把头往后仰
Shout, sham Throw my head back and come on now
别忘了说你会的
Don’t forget to say you will
别忘了说耶,耶,耶
Don’t forget to say Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
现在就说你愿意,宝贝
Say you will Say it right now, baby
现在就说你愿意,宝贝
Say you will Come on now
说你愿意爱我
Say, say Say that you love me
现在就说
Say Come on now
说你想跟我在一起
Say Say that you want me
女士们,先生们,吉米·罗夫
Ladies and gentlemen, Jimmy Ruffinl
快上来,吉米·罗夫
Come on up hare, Jimmy Rufin. Yeah! Yeah!
我仍然记得
I still remember
你九岁那年
When you used to be nine years old
是的,是的,是的,我是一个爱你的傻子
Yeah, yeah, yeah I was a fool for you
发自心底地爱你
From the bottom of my soul
我想要你知道
I want you to know