好吧。-那你们为什么不给我们看看你们会些什么?
All right. – So why don’t you show us what you got?
你们所要做的就是像这样后退。一,二,三,啪,啪
All you’re doin’ is steppin’ back like this. One, two, three and snap, snap.
明白了吗?比如,一,二,三,然后打响指
You got it? Like, one, two, three and snap.
哦,母亲
Oh, mother Oh, mother
哦,母亲
Oh, mother Oh, mother
现在向左走。到你的左边去。哦,母亲
Now go to your left. Go to your left Oh, mother
你的另一个左边。拜托,伙计。我们都是歌♥手
Your other left. Oh, come on, man. We some singers.
我不明白我们为什么要跳舞
I don’t see why we have to dance.
我们只是想在这里教你们点技巧,所以你们得动起来,好吗?
We’re just tryin’ to sell some sex here, so you gotta move, all right?
另外,我们得给观众们看点东西,观众们不喜欢光听着
Besides, we gotta give the folks somethin’
to watch while I’m singin’ so sweet.
哦,老兄,今天这里肯定有很多人
Oh, man, it be pilin’ up in here today.
来吧,艾尔,来吧。我们一起来,从头开始
Come on, Al, come on- Let’s get it together now. Now back from the top.
站好。我们开始吧
Pick it up. Here we go.
哦,母亲
Oh, mother Oh, mother
哦,母亲
Oh, mama Oh, mother
哦,母亲。哈兹!
Oh, mama.Hazel
哦,母亲。现在他们正在我的房♥子里排练
Oh, mother. Now they’re rehearsing ‘m my house.
哦,母亲。晚餐准备好了
Oh, mama.Dinner’s ready
敲门,敲门
Knock, knock.
嘿,你们好吗?他们才刚开始
Hey, how ya doin’? They just gettin’ started.
你好吗?愿上帝保佑你
How ya Going.Lord have mercy.
如果你们是底特律最帅的五个男人
If y’all ain’t five of the handsomest men in Detroit.
你们就都不需要唱歌♥。只要来回游♥行♥就能吸引一大批观众
Y’all don’t even need to sing. Just parade back and forth.
哦,母亲
Oh, mother
现在我们有一个乐队了
Now we had a group.
埃迪和保罗正是我们需要的
Eddie and Paul turned out to be just what we needed,
1961年3月
几乎每周都退出乐队的艾尔也很兴奋
and Al, who quit almost every week, was excited too.
就在这里,希茨维尔大厦
And here it was, the Hitsville building,
摩城唱片的总部
home of Motown Records.
玛丽·威尔斯,马文·盖伊,奇迹乐队都诞生于此
Mary Wells, Marvin Gaye, The Miracles, The Marvelettes.
在这里诞生的歌♥星数不胜数
It was too much.
好的…我们到了
Well… We’re here.
梅尔文,你们都和普瑞姆斯乐队勾搭上了吗?
Melvin, did y’all hook up with The Primes?
看起来是这样的,不是吗?
Looks that way, don’t it?
伙计,你们这个乐队叫什么?
Man, y’all gonna kick some ass. What ya callin’ yourselves?
埃尔金斯乐队
The Elgins.
埃尔金斯乐队?就像手表?
Elgins? Like the wristwatch?
是的
Yeah.
酷。好吧,祝你们好运
Cool. Well, good luck.
谢谢
Why, thanks.
他们是谁?
Who are they?
哦,那是吉米·罗夫和他的弟弟大卫
Oh, that’s Jimmy Ruffin and his little brother David.
他们都出过个人唱片。摩城唱片帮他们出的?
They both cut solo records. Motown?
不,不,伙计,但他们希望是这样
No, no, man, but they’re hoping.

Hmm.
好吧
Well.
走吧。我正走着呢
Go on. I’m goin’.
我很抱歉。戈迪先生正在录音
I’m sorry. Mr. Gordy’s in a recording session.
他会给你回电♥话♥的
He’ll have to get back to you.
原曲:The Marvelettes – Please Mr. Postman
发行时间:1961年
拜托,邮递员先生看着我…
Please, Mr. Postman look at me…
打扰一下。我是奥蒂斯·威廉姆斯
Excuse me. I’m Otis Williams.
你好。我是玛莎·里夫斯
Hi. Martha Reeves.
戈迪先生正在等我的乐队试音
Uh, Mr. Gordy’s expecting my group for an audition.
乐队名字?
Group name?
好吧,他认识我们的时候我们叫距离乐队,但现在我们叫埃尔金斯乐队
Well, he knows us as The Distants, but now we go by The Elgins.
像手表一样?请在这里等一等
Like the watch? Wait here.
嘿,所以,他们怎么说?
Hey, so, what’d they say?
他让我们在外面等着,起个新名字
He said to wait outside and come up with a new name.
新名字?该死
New name? Damn.
是的。谢天谢地
Yes. Thank god.
不,不,听着,布鲁,别担心,好吗?
No, no. Look, Blue, don’t worry about it, all right?
我们要做的是,我们要齐心协力
What we’ll do, we’ll put our heads together…
然后一起个新名字,嗯?
And just come up with a new name out here, hmm?
埃德塞尔乐队
The Edsels.
庞蒂亚克乐队
The Pontiacs.
科瓦尔乐队。哦,不,不,不
The Corvairs. Oh, no, no, no.
激进乐队 – 不
The Radicals. – No.
眼镜乐队 – 鸡情乐队
The Spectacles. – Testicles.
额,这个名字貌似不太合适。是的,对不起
Uh… Probably not. Yeah. Sorry.
灵车乐队
The Hearses.
殡仪馆乐队?
The Undertakers?
刚硬乐队
The Stiffs.
不,不,伙计们,伙计们,听着,我们乐队的名字必须独一无二,你们明白吗?
No, no, guys- Guys, look, it’s gotta be somethin’ forbidden, you know?
必须得是每个人都想要但没人能拥有的名字
Somethin’ that everyone wants but no one can have.
它必须听起来很性感
It’s gotta be somethin’ sexy.
流行音乐。是的,是的,把肩膀收起来
Pop. Yeah, yeah, snap those shoulders up
嘿,你们快进来,他们都在等你们
Hey, y’all, they’re ready for you.
哇。好了,伙计们,我们开始吧
Whoo. All right, guys, let’s do it.
嘿,我们不能放过任何机会
Hey, we can’t leave nothin’ to chance.
主啊,请给我们信心…
Lord, we call on you to give us the faith…
以及充分利用这次机会的勇气
And the courage to make the most of this great opportunity that you’ve given us
阿门。阿门
Amen. Amen.
现在我们开始吧。哦,是的
Now let’s do it. Ooh, yeah.
你们给你们的乐队起好名字了吗?
So, you guys come up with a name for yourselves yet?
诱惑乐队
The Temptations.
诱惑乐队
“Temptations. ”
还不错
Not bad.
还真挺不错的
Not bad at all.
好了,先生们,我们来试音
Okay, gentlemen, let’s hear it.
哦,哦,哦
Ohhhh
母亲
Mother
哦,我的母亲!
Oh, mother o! mine
过去的我看不真切,真的看不真切
I’ve been blind So blind
您教导我的那些事,耶,哦,母亲
The things that you tell me, yeah Oh, mother
我为此付出了代价
I paid, I really paid ’em no mind Oh-oh-oh-oh
哦,请原谅我,我的母亲
Oh, please, oh, please forgive me, yeah Oh, mother
我知道我错了
I know I was wrong Doo, doo, doo, doo
但现在我明白了您的良苦用心
But now, now I know, yeah Oh, mother
我的母亲在哪,我的家就在哪
Mother of mine My place my place is at home
你没看见我一直在哭泣吗,是的
Can’t you see I’ve been cryin’ Oh, yes
他哭到快要断肠
He’s been cryin’ Almost dyin’
快要断肠
Almost, almost dyin’
哦,我的母亲,请原谅我,我的母亲
Oh, mother Please, mother
哦,我的母亲,请原谅我,我的母亲
Oh, mama Please, mother
哦,我的母亲,请原谅我,我的母亲
Oh, mama Please, mom
来吧,现在告诉我母亲有多爱我
Come on and tell me now How much of mom’s love
你不能理解
You don’t undersmnd Doe-don, doo doo-doo, doo
当你说你错的时候
When you said That you were wrong Doo-doo, doo
是的,她是属于你的女孩
Yes, it was that your girl Doo-doo, doo
她令你爱得如痴如醉
She put you in such a whirl Doo-doo, doo
好吧,我不会再做一个傻子
Well, I’m not gonna be no fool no more Be no fool no more
我很抱歉妈妈,一切都会好起来的
Oh, I’m so sorry now Mama, it’s gonna be all right
哦,我的母亲
Oh, mother of mine Mother of mine
好吧,您觉得怎么样?
Well, did you like it?

No.
我爱它
I loved it.
我爱它。嗯?
I loved it. Huh?
我们可以进入摩城唱片了?
Motown?
是的
Yeah.
真是太棒了
All right. We did it.
祝贺你们,伙计们。欢迎来到摩城唱片
Congratulations, guys. Welcome to Motown.
谢谢。这是我的荣幸
Thank you. My pleasure.
谢谢你,先生。是的
Thank you, sir. – Yeah.
嘿嘿嘿伙计们。伙计们!把手放过来,把手放过来
Hey. hey. hey. guys. guys!
Hold it up, hold it up.
耶,诱惑乐队万岁
Yeah, Temptations forever.
耶,万岁
Yeah. Ever, baby.
约瑟芬
Jo.
我们成功了,摩城唱片签下了我们!