Just a little bit please Please, please, please
再久一点。告诉我你会的
Just a little bit longer Please tell me you’re going to
再久一点
Just a little bit
嘿,贝里·戈迪来了
Hey, there goes Berry Gordy.
走吧。来吧,来吧,来吧,爱我再久一点
Let’s go. Come on, come on come on and stay
来吧,来吧,爱我再久一点
Come on, come on come on and stay Stay
你们好吗?哦,我们好的不能再好了,先生
How’re you doin’? Oh, couldn’t be better, sir.
你是贝里·戈迪先生,对吗?
A Mr. Berry Gordy, right?
没错
Yeah, that’s right.
谢谢。额,我是奥蒂斯·威廉姆斯
Thank you. Uh, Otis Williams.
哦,奥蒂斯。嘿,伙计,你们今晚真的很棒
Oh, Otis. Hey, man, you guys were really good out there tonight.
斯莫奇最好当心。当心我们这么优秀不太公平
Smokey better watch out – It just isn’t fair how good we are.
我们还有其他歌♥曲
We’ve got other songs.
钢琴的孩子,钢琴的孩子,砰,砰
Piano’s kid, Pacds kid Bang, bang
是啊,钢琴的孩子
Yeah, Pam’s kid
砰,砰
Bang, bang
谢谢
Thanks.
对不起,先生。我只是想…
Uh, excuse me, sir. I just wanted to, uh
哦,这位是布鲁。你好,布鲁
Oh, uh, this is Blue.Hi, Blue.
我是说我们的贝斯,梅尔文·富兰克林
I mean our bass, Melvin Franklin.
我只是想说很高兴终于见到你
I just wanted to say this is such a great pleasure to finally meet you,
因为你在摩城唱片做的事情很棒
Because the things you’re doing with Motown are great.
非常感谢。很高兴听到这个消息,伙计们。非常感谢。我真的很感激
Thanks very much. That’s nice to hear, guys. Thank you. I appreciate it
额,额
Uh– uh–
额,请问你们有经纪人吗?
Uh, do you guys have a manager?
有。不,没有
Yes. No.
我是意思是,你知道的。我们都还没签约
I mean– well, you know. We haven’t signed anything-
这很复杂。你知道的,一个朋友…
It’s complicated. You know, a friend
听着,如果你们能搞清楚
Listen, if you guys ever figure it out,
这是我的名片
Here’s my card.
很高兴见到你
Nice meeting you.
这是我们的荣幸,戈迪先生
It’s our pleasure, Mr. Gordy.
我们终于有他的名片了
Card.Card.
约翰尼·梅来了
Here comes Johnnie Mae.
天哪
Holy whool
我的老天!马修斯小姐来了!
Damn! Miss Matthews!
嘿!你们喜欢吗?喜欢吗?天啊,我喜欢
Hey! Do you like it? Like it? Shoot, I love it-
你从哪儿弄来的?
Where’d you get it?
在纽约弄来的,宝贝。跟美国无线电公♥司♥交易来的
New York City, baby. Cut that deal at RCA,
走了半个街区到百老汇,用了现金支付
Walked half a block down to Broadway, paid for it cold cash.
走吧,去看看室内装潢。还有货真价实的人造皮革
Go on. Check out the upholstery.Genuine leatherette-
嘿,嘿,我说了看看,别搞砸了
Hey, hey, I said check it out, not mess it up
所以我们的唱片一定被制♥作♥得很好,对吧?
So our record must be doin’ good, huh?
你们告诉我。你们觉得这个好看吗?
You tell me. Does this look good to you?
哦,哇!哇哦!
Oh, wow! Whewl
那么发薪日是什么时候?
So when is pay day?
版税一交完就给你们发工资,宝贝
As soon as those royalties start pourin’ in, baby.
但那是我们的钱,对吗?
But that’s our money right there, right?
我们现在就不能分了吗?
Can’t we just divvy that up now?
伙计们,我很乐意,但我们还有账单要付
Fellows, I’d love to, but we got bills to pay.
这些是什么账单?-一部分是晋升
What bills are those? – Promotion, for one thing.
你们知道的,播放时间不便宜
Air time don’t come cheap, you know. Palms gotta be greased
就这样?
That’s it?
你们是什么意思?你们不相信我了吗?
What’s with the third degree? Don’t y’all trust me?
哦,不,不,不。我们当然相信你
Oh, oh– no, no, no. Sure we do.
只是试着学习下做生意
Just tryin’ to learn the business.
好吧,你自己挑个空闲时间学去吧
Well, learn it on your own damn time.
别把我的钱和你还没赚到的钱混在一起
And don’t be confusin’ my money with money you ain’t even earned yet.
你们不是我手下唯一的乐队
Y’all ain’t my only group.
你们知道的,事实上,快滚出去吧
You know, as a matter of fact, just get out.
从我的车里滚出来。我不知道我在想些什么
Get out of my damn car. I don’t know what I was thinking.
会让你们这群不知感恩的家伙坐进这辆车
Letting you ungrateful buds drive in it anyway.
是的,但是这辆车呢?
Yeah, but what about the car?
那不是你们的车。-可上面写着我们的名字
Ain’t your car. – It says our name right there.
也不再是你们的名字了
Ain’t your name, either. Not no more.
这辆车,这名字,这一切都属于我。你们的歌♥曲也是
The car, the name, it all belongs to me. The songs too.
别再惹我发火
Get on my damn nerves.
她能这么做吗?她能这样对待我们的名字吗
Can she do that, o? Can she take our name like that?
我不知道
I don’t know.
没有工资?我受够了这些废话。我要退出乐队!
No money? I’m sick of this crap. I quit!
什么?我要退出乐队!
What? I quit!
就这样,博恩斯,你就这样退出了?
Just like that, Bones, you gonna up and quit on me?
等等,艾尔,我跟你一起走
Wait up, Al. I’m with you.
里奇。见鬼去吧
Richie. To hell with you.
哦,不,来吧,理查德
Oh, no. Come on, Richard.
该死!我的意思是,就像那样,他们退出乐队了
Damn! I mean, just like that they’re just gonna up and quit on us..
就因为他们没拿到工资!
Just because they ain’t gettin’ paid!
是的
Yeah.
也许他们是对的
Maybe they’re right, o.
我真不敢相信你也这么说,布鲁
I can’t believe you just said that, Blue.
我们不会放弃
We are not quittin’.
我们有他的名片
We got a card.
只是我们没有一个乐队
Just don’t have a group.
你饿了吗?
You hungry?
我一直都很饿
I’m always hungry.
去罗斯妈妈家吃饭怎么样?
Mama Rose’s?
发生什么事了?
What’s up, o?
最好是好消息,因为我不能再忍♥受坏消息了
Better be good news, ’cause I can’t take no more bad.
你最好相信这是个好消息
Well, you best believe it’s good news, man.
你找到谁了?歌♥手和舞者
Who’d you get? Singer and dancer.
是吗?是吗?我要见他们
Yeah? Yeah? Lay it on me.
保罗·威廉姆斯和埃迪·肯德里克,伙计。来自普瑞姆斯乐队的?
Paul Williams and Eddie Kendricks, man.
The Primes?
好吧,很久以前
Well, once upon a time.
发生了什么?你问我发生了什么是什么意思?
What happened? What you mean what happened, 0t?
他们现在愿意加入我们
These cats are now available.
我不知道,布鲁。我只是不喜欢他们的态度
I don’t know, Blue. I just don’t like their attitudes.
哦,来吧。你知道他们唱得很好
Oh, now come on, 0t. You know they sing good.
他们舞跳得也好。他们渴望成功,跟我们一样
They move good. They hungry, just like us.
他们想加入我们的乐队
And they wanna join our group.
现在我告诉你
Now I’m tellin’ you, 0t, I’m tellin’ you…
他们向我申请加入我们的乐队
These cats called me up beggin’ to join our group.
你知道我在说什么吗?
You know what I’m sayin’?
嘿,对面的兄弟!
Hey, y’all!
他们主动向你提出申请?
They begged?
是的,的确如此
Yeah. Well, you know, practically.
现在的问题是,跟他们在一起排练会对我们有什么损失?
Now the point is, what harm can one rehearsal do, right?
来吧。嘿…
Come on. Hey…
你们谈完以后,就可以来我的院子里帮忙干活
When you get done here, you can come do my yard.
开个玩笑,伙计。哈哈!嘿,你们好吗?
It was a joke, man- Ha-ha! Hey, how y’all be?
嘿,你们好吗?嘿
Hey, how y’all doin’? Hey.
我们听说你们想要加入我们的乐队?
So, we heard y’all wanna join our group?
加入你们的乐队?是的
Your group? – Yeah.
我以为你说的是他们想加入我们的乐队
I thought you said they wanna join our group.
艾尔!
Al!
伙计
My man.
好的,你们知道什么
Well, what do you know.
哦,我们可以做得更好。一,二,一,二,三
Oh, we can do better than that. A one, a two, a one, two, three.
原曲:The Temptations – Oh Mother of Mine
发行时间:1961年
哦,哦,哦
Ohhhh
母亲
Mother
哦,我的母亲。哦,我的母亲
Oh, mother of mine Oh, mother
哦,我的母亲
Oh, mother
你告诉我的那些事情
The things that you told me
等等,等等,等等
Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hold it, hold it, hold it.
听着,伙计们,我们听起来不错,但是
Look, fellows, we sound good, but, um,
你们知道的,我们只是站在那里打响指
You know, just standin’ there and snappin’ fingers…
好吧,你知道,如果你有老歌♥手的话
ls fine, you know, if you some old cats.
但是你看,我们都很年轻,我也很活泼
But see, we’re young, and I’m kind of frisky.
所以我们得动起来。你们知道我在说什么吗?
So we got to move. You know what I’m sayin’?
是的,是的,是的。我是说,我就是这么想的
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean, that’s what I thought.