I wasn’t tryin’ to embarrass you, though.
老兄
Man.
我是来告诉你,我做自己的事业已经有一段时间了
I’m gonna tell you, I’ve been doin’ my own thing for a while.
今晚我们得到的掌声,是诱惑乐队曾经的成就
That applause we got tonight, that was a Temptations thing.
我们参与了那首歌♥,大卫。当然了
We were the voices, David. ‘course we were.
人们想要我们。现在依然如此
The people wanted us. Still do.
我们为什么不做点什么呢?
Why don’t we do somethin’ about it?
我们也是诱惑乐队,就跟梅尔文和奥蒂斯一样
We’re Temps, just as much as Melvin and Otis.
他们为什么不做点什么呢?
They why don’t we do somethin’ about it?
我和你?是的,我就是这么说的
Me and you? Yeah, that’s what I’m sayin’.
我是认真的
I’m serious.
这太疯狂了。为什么?
It’s crazy. Why?
首先,我们会把事情搞砸
First of all, we’ll mess it up.
是的,你说得对
Yeah, you right.
但这可能会很有趣
But it could be a lot of fun.
事实上,这可能真的会很有趣
Actually, it could be a whole lot of fun.
梅尔文和我一看
Melvin and I looked up,
那时有两个诱惑乐队
And there were two groups of Temptations.
大卫和埃迪和丹尼斯还有另外两个人一起出去了
David and Eddie got with Dennis and two
other guys, and they went out on the road
最难的是我们无法阻止他们
And the hardest part was that we couldn’t stop ’em.
原曲:The Temptations – Ball Of Confusion
发行时间:1970年
因为皮肤的颜色
Because of the color of the skin
跑,跑,跑,但你肯定无法隐藏
Run, run, run but you sure can’t hide
以眼还眼,以牙还牙
An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth
投我一票,我就让你自♥由♥
Vote for me and I’ll set you free
一起批判不公正的现实吧,兄弟
Rap on, brother
一起批判不公正的现实吧,兄弟
Rap on
唯一说爱你哥哥的人
Well, the only person talkin’ ’bout love thy brother
是一个布道士
is the preacher
似乎没人对学习感兴趣
and it seems nobody’s interested in learnin’
除了老师
but the teacher
隔离、决心、演示、融合
Segregation, determination demonstration, integration
怒火,羞辱。对我们国家的义务
Aggravation, humiliation obligation to our nation
充满了混乱
Ball of confusion
充满了混乱
Ball of confusion
这就是今天的世界,嘿
That’s what the world is today, hey
我们转啊转啊转
Around and around and around we go
世界的走向无人知晓
Where the world’s headed nobody knows
梅尔文和我和贝里一起,回到了摩城的家
Melvin and I got with Berry, and went back home to Motown.
不久之后,有人想出了一个好主意,组织一次乐队重聚巡演
Not long after that, someone came up with the bright idea of putting together a reunion tour.
哦,伟大的神啊,你听不到我在跟你说话吗
Oh, great googamooga can’t you hear me talkin’ to you now
充满了混乱
Ball of confusion
有时候一个好主意最好不要付诸实践
Sometimes a good idea should stay an idea.
你这么早来干什么,老兄?现在才1点
What’s you doin’ here so early, man? It’s 1 :00
我整个早上都在叫你。你的手♥机♥出什么故障?
I’ve been callin’ you all mornin’. What’s wrong with your phone?
我的手♥机♥没出故障
There’s nothin’ wrong with my phone.
这地方一团糟
This place is a mess.
我告诉过你。好吧,听着,伙计
I told you. All right, listen, man.
这是一次巨大的机会。你跟我一起吗,罗夫?
This is a big, big, big opportunity. You with me, Ruff?
你在说什么?现在还早。我说的是奥蒂斯
What you talkin’ ’bout? It’s early. I’m talkin’ ’bout Otis.
摩城和他们想组织一次乐队重聚巡演
Motown and them want to put together a reunion tour.
谁?摩城,伙计
Who? Motown, man.
你听到了吗?我不知道你怎么想的,但我非常需要这个
Are you hearin’ me? I don’t know about you, but I need this pretty bad.
我知道他们迟早会爬回来的。看到了吗,大卫?
I knew they’d come crawlin’ back sooner or later. See, David?
你现在和一开始被踢出乐队时的态度是一样的
That’s the same attitude that got your ass fired in the first place.
我没被踢出乐队。是我自己要退出去的
I wasn’t fired. I quit.
是啊,如果你能说服你自己的话
Yeah. If you could convince yourself of that,
说服你自己参与这次巡演来赚这笔钱怎么样?
How’s about convincin’ yourself to show up and make this money?
去打电♥话♥吧。好的
I’ll let you call it. Good.
我们会跟奥蒂斯和摩城唱片见面
We gotta meet with Otis and Motown.
我们当然会
‘Course we do.
因为我们的声音
‘Cause we the voices,
他们想要我们的声音参与进这次巡演
And we know they want the voices.
布鲁,你们好吗?嘿,格伦,丹尼斯
Blue, what’s goin’ on? Hey, Glen, Dennis.
梅尔文,你能签个名吗?哦,当然
Melvin, can you sign this? Oh, absolutely.
能给我签个名吗?埃迪
Could I have your autograph? Eddie.
你好吗?嘿,就像以前一样好
How you doin’? Hey, just like old times.
谢谢你。甚至比以前更好
Thank you. Even better.
伙计们,来吧。我们得去排练了
Guys, come on. We gotta rehearse.
你们要再做一张专辑吗?
Are you gonna make another album?
有人看见过大卫吗?迟到一小时对大卫来说算早了
Has anybody seen David? An hour late is early for David.
1982年的洛杉矶
好吧,我们有15-20首歌♥要唱,伙计们
Well, we got 15, 20 songs to do, guys.
那是什么?
What’s that?
我不知道。宝贝,我正失去你
I don’t know. Baby, I’m Iosin’ you
他来早了?好吧,我会的!
He’s early? Well, I’ll be!
你一定是在开玩笑。你感觉还好吗?
You have got to be kidding. Feelin’ all right?
你发烧了吗?这是因为这次巡演一天的收入能比以往一个月挣得都多
You got a fever? ‘Cause Daylight savings ain ‘t for another month.
太阳真是从西边出来了
And now it’s gonna snow in California.
嘿,现在你们看到的是新的我。我很准时,并已经准备好工作了
Hey, this is the new me. I’m on time, and I’m ready to work.
现在,你们要怎么做?
Now, what y’all gonna do?
请原谅我们,罗夫先生
Excuse us, Mr. Ruffin.
我们该去工作了
We should work.
这是保罗最喜欢的动作,对吧?
This is like Paul’s favorite move right here, right?
嘿!嘿!嘿!嗷
Hey! Hey! Hey! Owl
这动作表演得太僵硬了
There be some stiffness in this room.
这不僵硬。我很好。来吧。到右边去
There is no stifiness. I am fine. Come on. To the right.
罗夫,向我展示你过去爱做的动作
Ruff, show me that move you used to do.
我过去常常穿过它,把麦克风放在背后,转过身
I used to come through it, put the mike behind my back, turn around and
哦!我不会再那么做的
Oh! I ain’t doin’ that.
你们明白我的意思,对吧?
You know what I mean, right?
是的,我明白你的意思
Yeah, I know what you mean.
哦!是的,转一圈
Uh! Yeah, a circle.
是的,我会这么做的
Yeah, I wanna do this.
他似乎很喜欢这样。排着队走
He seems to like it. Get in the line.
你们跟着一起来
There you go.
我们还记得怎么做
We still got it.
我们必须保持这种状态
We’ve gotta keep it that way.
跟着一起来,伙计
There you go, man.
不错,伙计们。跳得不错
Not bad, guys. Not bad.
但我们可以做得更好,而且我们肯定可以深入挖掘
But we can do better, and we can definitely dig deeper.
所以你们要知道,如果必须的话
So just so you know, if I have to,
我会对你们很严厉的
I will be hard on you.
你不应该停止对我们的严厉
You should’ve never stopped bein’ hard on us.
他说的对,奥蒂斯
He’s right, 0t.
我们中的一些人需要严厉一点
Some of us need that kind of stuff.
我们明天同一时间继续排练
We’re rehearsin’ same time tomorrow.
你好吗?
How you doin’?
我很好。只是很害怕,奥蒂斯
Pretty good. I’m scared, Ot.
这次可能真的有用吗?
That it might actually work this time?
是啊。你觉得罗夫怎么样,伙计?
Yeah. What you make of Ruff, man?
他吸食的其中一种毒品一定在无意中改变了他的性格
One of them drugs he took must’ve accidentally fixed his personality
不用担心我。我很好
Don’t worry about me. I’m doin’ just fine.
我不担心你,伙计
I’m not worried about you, partner.
原曲:The Temptations – Get Ready – Live At The Roostertail’s Upper Deck/1966
发行时间:1966
我从未遇见过像你这样令我如此动心的女孩
I never met a girl who makes me feel the way that you do
你如此完美
You’re all right
每当有人问我是谁让我的梦想成真。我会说是你
whenever I’m asked who makes my dreams real I say that you do
这时你会害羞地移开视线
You’re outta sight
那么的神奇,那么的神奇
So feefifofum feefifofum
注意,宝贝,我来了。注意,我来了
Look out, baby tease here I come Look out; here I come
我就要给你带来真爱
I’m bringin’ you a love that’s true
请你准备好,请你准备好
So get ready so get ready
哦,哦,哦。宝贝,我会让你也爱我
ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, baby gonna try to make you love me too
到我了。到我了。哦,到你了
I’m in. I’m in. Oh, you in now.
现在到我了。你没带钱就进来了
Now I’m in. You came in without any money.
你想看看钱吗?是的,我想看看钱
You wanna see some money? Yeah, I wanna see some money.
原曲:The Temptations – Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
发行时间:1966年
我深陷于爱情与它带来的悲伤之中
So in love and sad as can be
因为一张漂亮的脸蛋征服了我
‘Cause a pretty face got the best of me
突然间你进入了我的生活