跟我妈没关系…
It’s got nothing to do with my mother.
迪克 我不知道
Look, Dickie, I don’t know…
回去 回纽约去
Go back. Go back to New York.
或者给他打电♥话♥ 前提是你能找到能用的电♥话♥
Or call him, if you can find a telephone that works,
告诉他 就算用野马
and tell him wild horses
也没法把我拉回他身边或他的造船厂
wouldn’t drag me back to him or his shipyard.
-嗨 汤姆 -嗨
– Hi, Tom. – Hi.
玛吉
Marge!
汤姆是来告别的
Tom’s saying goodbye.
那我下去
I’ll come down.
所以 你跟我爸通过电♥话♥了吗
So, did you speak to my father?
你说得没错 这里的电♥话♥都不能用
You were right… about the telephones.
-我就说吧 -没有电♥话♥线 有问题
– I told you. – There are no lines. There’s some problem.
意大利就这样
That’s Italy.
汤姆 你要走了吗 你有什么打算
Tom. You’re off? What are your plans?
我应该会回去吧 尽量慢点回去
Back, I suppose, as slow as I can.
这该死的包
This bag!
你喜欢爵士乐
You like jazz.
我超爱爵士乐
I love jazz.
这张碟是最棒的
This is the best.
贝克 罗林斯
Baker, Rollins.
玛吉说她喜欢爵士乐
Marge says she likes jazz,
但她以为格林·米勒那种音乐是爵士乐
but she thinks Glenn Miller’s jazz.
-我从没这么说过 -鸟那种才是真正的爵士乐
– I never said that! – Bird, that’s jazz.
鸟 快问我的帆船叫什么
Bird? Ask me the name of my sailboat.
我不知道 你的帆船叫什么
I don’t know. What’s the name of your sailboat?
快看 快看 “鸟”
Look! Look! “Bird”!
这太可笑了 船要用女性的”她”来代指
Which is ridiculous. Boats are female.
谁都知道不能用一个男人的名字来给船命名
Everyone knows you can’t call a boat after a man.
他不是个男人 他是神
He’s not a man. He’s a god.
好了 我们要去那不勒斯
Okay, we’re going to Naples.
那儿有个俱乐部…也不是俱乐部 是地下室
There’s a club… It’s not a club, it’s a cellar.
挺简陋的
It’s vile.
是挺简陋 别担心 没强求你去
Yes, It’s vile. Don’t worry, you don’t have to come.
超棒的
It’s great.
超棒的 你一定会喜欢的
It’s great. You’re gonna love it.
你好
How are you?
可以的 把他带上来吧
That’d be cool. Bring him up.
今晚还有个美国朋友 上台来
Un’altro amico americano questa sera. Qui sul banco.
汤姆·瑞普利
Tom Ripley!
来啊 上台来
Come on! Get on up here!
我会告诉你什么时候开始一起唱
I’ll tell you when to join the chorus.
来吧
Come on.
好了 一起来
Okay, together!
♪你想成为美国人♪
♪Tu vuo’ fa’ ll’americano♪
♪美国人 美国人♪
♪Mericano, mericano♪
♪是谁让你那么做的♪
♪Sient’a mme chi t’ ‘o ffa fa’?♪
♪你想追随时尚潮流♪
♪Tu vuoi vivere alla moda,♪
♪但如果你喝的是威士忌和苏打水♪
♪Ma se bevi “whisky and soda”♪
♪你似乎也毫不在意♪
♪Po’ te siente ‘e disturba’♪
♪你跳着摇滚的舞步♪
♪Tu abball’ o’ rocchenroll♪
♪你打棒球♪
♪Tu giochi a baisiboll♪
♪但是你买♥♥骆驼牌香烟的钱♪
♪Ma e solde p’ e’ Ccamel♪
♪是谁给你的♪
♪Chi te li da♪
♪是从你妈妈的钱包里拿的♪
♪La borsetta di mamma’♪
♪你想成为美国人♪
♪Tu vuo’ fa’ ll’americano♪
♪美国人 美国人♪
♪Mericano, mericano♪
♪但你出生在意大利♪
♪Ma si’ nato in Italy♪
♪听好了 你跟这没关系♪
♪Sient’ a mme, nun ce sta niente ‘a fa’♪
♪好了 那不勒斯人♪
♪Ok, napulitan♪
♪你想成为一个美国人♪
♪Tu vuo’ fa’ ll’american♪
“我遇到了来自普林斯顿大学的一位老友
“I bumped into an old friend from Princeton.”
他叫汤姆·瑞普利
“A fellow called Tom Ripley.”
他说他会缠着我 直到我同意
“He says he’s going to haunt me until I agree”
跟他回纽约”
“to go back to New York with him.”
下午好
Afternoon.
现在几点了
What time is it?
-天呐 -“跟他回纽约”
– Oh, God. – “Go back to New York with him.”
“这里…”
“Here…”
你总是用打字机写信吗
You always type your letters?
-那里应该有两个T -我不会写 也不会拼
– That should be two T’s. – I can’t write, and I can’t spell.
这就是一流教育的特权
It’s the privilege of a first-class education.
你的房♥间在后面的楼上
Your room’s upstairs at the back.
我觉得艾玛琳达已经收拾好床铺了
I think Ermalinda made up the bed.
-艾玛琳达 -怎么了
– Ermalinda! – Si?
-都收拾好了 -谢谢
– È tutto pronto. – Grazie.
-你真是太好了 -别再说这话了
– This is so good of you. – Don’t say it again.
现在你是个双面间谍了
Now that you’re a double agent
我们得骗我爸
and we’re going to string my dad along,
我们用他给你的经费买♥♥辆车怎么样
what if we were to buy a car with your expense money?
-好啊 -好极了
– Okay. – Great.
-你好 汤姆 -你好
– Hello, Tom. – Hello.
玛吉 玛吉 你觉得怎么样
Marge, Marge, what do you think?
用我爸的钱买♥♥辆小车
Little Cinquecento with my dad’s money?
拜托 迪克 你根本不会开车
Please, Dickie. You can’t even drive a car.
-你不会开车 -我们急需一台冰箱 汤姆
– You can’t even drive. – What we need urgently, Tom, is an icebox.
你觉得如何 你站在我这边
What do you think? Agree with me,
我就是你一辈子的朋友
and I’ll be your friend for life.
我绝对站在玛吉这边
I absolutely agree with Marge.
冰箱是吧 冰箱
Icebox. Icebox.
所以怎么 他是要搬进来和你一起住吗
So, what, is he gonna move in with you?
就一小段时间
It’ll just be for a little while.
他能…他能逗我开心
He can be… He makes me laugh.
-好吧 亲爱的 -答应我你来开口让他走
– Okay, darling. – Promise you’d say?
-不 我喜欢他 -玛吉 你谁都喜欢
– No, I like him. – Marge, you like everybody.
我才不喜欢你
Don’t like you.
那我就去住你那儿 你就能搬来和汤姆住了
Then I’ll go to your place and you can move in with Tom.
我喜欢他
I like him.
玛吉 你谁都喜欢
Marge, you like everybody.
不 我喜欢他
No, I like him.
玛吉 你谁都喜欢
Marge, you like everybody.
你很快就会明白
Now you’ll find out
为什么谢伍德小姐总是会来吃早餐 汤姆
why Miss Sherwood always shows up for breakfast, Tom.
不是因为爱我 是因为爱我的咖啡机
It’s not love, it’s my coffee machine!
自从艾玛琳达教会了他怎么自己做意式浓缩咖啡后
Ever since Ermalinda showed him how to make his own espresso,
-他就觉得自己长大了 -是我买♥♥的咖啡机
– he feels like quite the grown-up. – I bought the coffee machine.
亲爱的 这杯是给我的吗
Oh, darling, is that for me?
这杯给汤姆 因为他不抱怨
This is for Tom, because he didn’t complain.
这戒指看上去很棒
That ring is superb.
汤姆 我爱你 看见没
Tom, I love you. See?
我得保证 对天发誓 永远不摘下来
I had to promise, capital “P”, never to take it off.
否则我就送你了
Otherwise, I’d give it to you.
是不是很棒 我在那不勒斯发现的
Isn’t it great? I found it in Naples.
我不得不讨价还价了两个礼拜才买♥♥到
I had to bargain for it for about two weeks.
我希望这不是什么廉价货 玛吉
I hope it wasn’t cheap, Marge.
是挺便宜的
Oh, it was.
我得给弗兰西丝准备一份生日礼物
I have to get a birthday present for Frances,
或许你能帮帮我
so perhaps you could help me.
-弗兰西丝是谁 -我的未婚妻
– Who’s Frances? – My fiancée.
你订婚了 你小子挺能啊 瑞普利
Engaged? You’re a dark horse, Ripley.
-她是谁 -你父母见过她
– Who is she? – Your parents met her.
天呐
Oh, God.
我都能想象出来了
Oh, I can just imagine.
“要是迪克能安定下来就好了”
“If only Dickie would settle down.”
“天下做父母的都该抱孙子不是吗”
“Doesn’t every parent deserve a grandchild?”
天呐 不要 绝不要
Oh, God. Never. Never.
我以你的戒指起誓 玛吉 我绝不回去
I swear on your ring, Marge, I’m never going back.
-要拉的时候说一声 -现在就拉 拉
– Say when to pull. – Pull now. Pull.
-没办法拉啊 -我弄错了
– It’s not pulling. – I’m doing it wrong.
-这样是不是好些了 -好好好
– Better now, huh? – Okay, okay, okay.