你以为迪克的父亲
Why do you think Dickie’s father
当初为什么要送他来欧洲
sent him to Europe in the first place?
罗马警方从没想过要找格林里夫先生询问线索
The Rome police didn’t think to ask Mr Greenleaf.
也没想到去核实汤玛斯·瑞普利
Nor did they think to check on whether a Thomas Ripley…
到底是不是普林斯顿大学的学生
had ever been a student at Princeton University.
我把汤姆·瑞普利查了个底朝天
Oh, I turned up a Tom Ripley…
他曾经是音乐系的钢琴调音师
who had been a piano tuner in the music department.
你瞧 在美国
You see, in America,
我们的做法是先查明事实 再盖章确认
we are taught to check a fact before it becomes a fact.
我们的做法是四处探查
We’re taught to nose around.
倘若有女孩投水自杀
When a girl drowns herself,
就查出那女孩是否怀孕
find out if that girl is pregnant.
查出迪克是否在那里犯了错
Find out if Dickie had an embarrassment there.
格林里夫先生感谢你的忠诚 真心的
Mr Greenleaf appreciates your loyalty. He really does.
玛吉 有很多的猜测
Marge… She has a hundred theories.
但有些事情她不知道
There are a few things that she doesn’t know.
我们希望她永远不知道
We hope she never knows.
我也希望她永远不知道
I hope she never knows.
有三个不同的人
Three different people…
见到迪克在当晚上了弗莱迪的车
saw Dickie get into Freddie’s car.
其中一个不肯作证
One man, who will not testify…
因为那晚他在与其他人的妻子幽会
because he was jumping somebody else’s wife at the time,
他看到迪克从红色跑车上卸下了车牌
saw Dickie removing licence plates from a red sports car.
警方知道这个人
The police know about this man
因为他刚好也是警♥察♥
because he happens to be a policeman.
我在迪克的公♥寓♥地下室发现了这些
I found these in the basement of Dickie’s apartment.
都是弗莱迪车上的
They belong to Freddie’s car.
格林里夫先生吩咐我
Mr Greenleaf has asked me…
今晚将这些丢进运河
to lose these in the canal this evening.
格林里夫先生觉得
Mr Greenleaf feels that
在迪克给你的信中有一种隐含的承诺
there was a silent promise in Dickie’s letter to you
他想遵守这个承诺
which he intends to honour.
他还打算
He also intends to transfer
将迪克信托收入的一部分
a portion of Dickie’s income from his trust…
转到你名下
into your name.
他不打算
He does not intend…
将迪克过去的任何信息告诉意大利警方
to give the Italians any information about Dickie’s past.
他希望 你也是同样的想法
He’s rather hoping that… you will feel the same.
-非常感谢你 汤姆 -先生
– Thank you so much, Tom. – Sir.
再见
Goodbye.
玛吉 我觉得我那晚
Marge, I feel I never should
真不该对你说那些话
have said those things to you the other evening.
我当时很慌乱 还有戒指 你看起来又…
I was pretty flustered, and the rings– and you looked so–
我也说不清
I don’t know.
但我希望你能将那张字条放进包里带去纽约
But I hope that note goes in your purse to New York…
以备不时之需
for a rainy day.
-你现在有什么打算 汤姆 -我不知道
– What are you gonna do now, Tom? – I don’t know.
彼得下个月在雅典开演奏会
Peter has a concert in Athens next month,
他叫我一起去帮忙
so he asked me to come along and help out.
他向你道别
He says goodbye.
对了 他在排练所以不能来
By the way, he was in rehearsal so he couldn’t–
我为何觉得瑞普利从来不会有所谓的「不时之需」
Why do I think there’s never been a Ripley rainy day?
什么
What?
我知道是你干的 我知道是你干的
I know it was you. I know it was you.
-我知道是你 我知道是你 -玛吉
– I know it was you! I know it was you! – Marge!
-玛吉 别这样 -我知道是你杀了迪克
– Marge, Marge. Please! – I know you killed Dickie!
-玛吉 别这样 -我知道 不
– Marge, please! – I know! No!
我知道是你干的
I know it was you!
玛吉 别这样
Marge. Marge, please.
不是汤姆干的 真的
It’s not Tom. Really.
♪我们被称为贡多拉船夫♪
♪We are called gondoleri♪
♪可那是多么奇特♪
♪But that’s a vagary♪
♪我们所从事的工作相当荣耀♪
♪It’s quite honorary the trade that we ply♪
问我想改变这一刻的哪一点
Ask me what I want to change about this moment.
我不知道 你想改变这一刻的哪一点
I don’t know. What do you want to change about this moment?
什么都不想改
Nothing.
我快冻死了 要下去吗
I’m freezing. Coming down?
再等等 我想看日落
Later. I want to catch the sunset.
你疯了
You’re mad.
是的
I am.
迪克
Dickie?
迪克
Dickie?
迪克
Dickie!
我的天
Oh, my God.
你好 梅瑞狄斯
Hello, Meredith.
我刚刚一直在盯着你看
I was looking at you.
你的衣服 我都认不出来了
Your clothes. I wouldn’t have known you.
你发现了我 可以获得赏金了
Well, you spotted me, so you get the reward.
-什么 -开玩笑的
– What? – Just kidding.
你一个人吗
Are you alone?
才不是 他们如影随形
Hardly. Couldn’t be less alone.
-琼婶婶 -还有其他人
– Aunt Joan. – And “Co.”
好多人
A lot of “Co.”
老天
Oh, God.
再见到你 我…
You know, seeing you again, I…
我一直在想你
I’ve thought about you…
非常想
so much.
我也总是想着你
And I’ve thought about you.
好吧 我想你的时候 基本都是在恨你
Yeah, well, when I’ve thought about you, i was mostly hating you.
你这段时间躲哪去了
Where have you been hiding?
我没有躲
I haven’t been hiding.
我被警方拘留了
I’ve been in police custody.
他们一直在查是谁杀了弗莱迪
They’ve been trying to flush out Freddie’s killer.
-你在开玩笑吧 -他们准我来度假
– You’re kidding. – Well, they’re giving me this vacation,
所以我才这副打扮
which is why the get-up.
所以你才一直没有我的消息
Which is why you haven’t heard from me.
要知道 全世界都认为是你杀了弗莱迪
You know, the whole world thinks you killed Freddie.
-太过分了 -我懂的
– It’s terrible. – I know.
我现在不方便聊天 回见好吗
Listen, I can’t talk now. Um, later?
回见 回见
Later? Later?
那么
So…
你旅行时用的姓氏是R吗
Are you travelling under “R”?
说起来有趣 还真是
You know what? I am.
迪克 你是和彼得·史密斯-金斯利结伴来的吗
Dickie, are you with Peter Smith-Kingsley?
肯定是
I bet you are.
我婶婶觉得刚刚好像看见他了
My aunt thought she saw him.
彼得·史密斯-金斯利 不是 我…
Peter Smith-Kingsley? No, I…
我几个月没见过他了
I haven’t seen him in months.
不是 我独自来的
No, I’m alone.
-好看吗 -好看
– How was it? – It was good.
不过我告诉你
But I’ll tell you something.
整个旅程我只想和你待在房♥间里
I want us to stay in here for the rest of the trip.
刚才那是梅瑞狄斯吗
Was that Meredith?
哪个梅瑞狄斯
Was who Meredith?
梅瑞狄斯·罗格 你吻了某个人
Meredith Logue. You were kissing someone.
看起来像梅瑞狄斯
It looked like Meredith.
我刚刚出去找你了
I came out to find you.
不算吻吧
Oh, hardly kissing.
-吻别而已 -看起来不像
– Kissing off. – It didn’t look that way.
你懂吗 远看不像
You know? From a distance?
我骗了她
I lied… to her.
她觉得好像看到你了
She thought she’d seen you.
为什么骗她
Why lie?
迪克和彼得在一起 这八卦太猛了
Dickie and Peter together. That’s just too good gossip.
或者是汤姆和彼得
Or Tom and Peter, even.
那八卦就更猛了
That would be even better gossip.
真的吗 为什么
Really? Why?
我 我彻底糊涂了
I, um– I’m completely lost.
我知道
I know.
我很抱歉 彼得
I’m sorry, Peter.