迪克
‘Dickie.’
你就像是吸血的蚂蟥 你有时候实在是无趣得很
‘You can be a leech. You can be quite boring.’
-停下 -无趣 真无趣
– ‘Stop it! ‘ – ‘Boring, it’s boring.’
你是谁
Who are you?
你是谁
Who are you?
停下
Stop it!
停下 住手
‘ Stop, stop, stop!
-住手 -汤姆 汤姆 汤姆
– ‘Stop, stop, stop! ‘ – ‘Tommy, Tommy, Tommy.’
跟个小姑娘一样
‘Like a little girl.’
-跟个小姑娘一样 -停下
– ‘Like a little girl.’ – Stop!
来了
Coming.
-抱歉 我睡着了 -终于开了
– Sorry. I was asleep. – Finally.
-我一定是睡着了 -迪克的父亲走了吗
– I must have fallen asleep. – Did Dickie’s dad go?
你看上去面色苍白 汤姆 你做噩梦了吗
You look ghastly, Tom. Did you have a nightmare?
-他今晚要早点睡 -可怜人
– He’s having an early night. – Oh, poor man.
我们敲了很久的门
You know, we were banging on that door forever.
-我觉得我的肩带断了 -跟我无关
– I think I’ve broken a strap. – Not guilty.
我来调一些酒
I’ll fix some drinks.
在威尼斯走路太受罪了
You walk in Venice.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
我没事
I’m fine.
你需要我留下来陪你吗
Did you want me to stick around?
不用 没事的
No, it’s okay.
我可以再回来
I could come back.
你的钥匙
Your key.
汤姆
Tom?
玛吉 我在洗澡 不会很久的
Marge, I’m in the bath. I won’t be long.
汤姆 我有事要跟你说 很紧急
Tom, I have to speak to you. It’s urgent.
来了
Coming.
-我发现迪克的戒指了 -什么
– I found Dickie’s rings. – What?
迪克的戒指在你这里
You have Dickie’s rings.
我可以解释
I can explain.
迪克向我保证他绝对不会摘下这枚戒指的
Dickie promised me he would never take off this ring.
-让我先穿上衣服 -我得告诉格林里夫先生
– Let me put some clothes on… – I have to tell Mr. Greenleaf.
-我得告诉格林里夫先生 -玛吉 你太激动了
– I have to tell Mr. Greenleaf. – Marge, you’re being hysterical.
他对我保证过
He promised me,
“我发誓我绝对不会摘下这枚戒指 直到我们…”
“I swear, I will never take off this ring until we get…”
闭嘴
Shut up!
我全身还湿着 玛吉 浴巾还掉了
I’m wet, Marge. I’ve lost my towel.
我想先穿上点衣服
And I’d really like to put some clothes on.
去给我们各自倒一杯酒
Go and pour us both a drink.
去倒酒
Pour us a drink.
玛吉
Marge?
你要去哪儿
Where are you going?
我没有乱翻你东西 我只是..
I wasn’t snooping. I just…
我只是在找缝补胸罩的针和线
I was looking for a needle and thread to mend my bra.
你身上的香水
That scent you’re wearing.
是我买♥♥给你的
I bought that for you.
迪克这个人…
The thing about Dickie-
有太多事了
So many things.
他从罗马回来晚了的那一天
That day when he was late coming back from Rome,
我想过要告诉你的
I tried to tell you this.
他跟另外一个女孩在一起
He was with another girl.
我不是在说梅瑞狄斯
I’m not talking about Meredith, either.
是我们在酒吧里碰到的另一位女孩
Another girl that we met in a bar.
他连五分钟的专一都保持不了
He couldn’t be faithful for five minutes.
所以每次他做出的保证
So when he makes a promise,
跟你做出的保证 意义不一样
it doesn’t mean what it means when you make a promise…
跟我的保证也不一样
or I make a promise.
迪克那个人 大脑中有太多种现实
He has so many realities, Dickie,
并且他全部都相信
and he believes them all.
他经常性说谎
He lies. He lies.
那是他的常态
And that’s his-
很多时候 他甚至察觉不到自己在说谎
Half the time he doesn’t even realize he’s doing it.
而今天
And today,
我真的开始怀疑是否就是他杀了弗莱迪
I really started wondering whether he may have killed Freddie.
如果有人反驳他 他就会发疯
He would get so crazy if anybody would contradict him.
你知道的 你知道的
Well, you know that. You know that.
你知道的
You know that.
这就是讽刺的地方 玛吉
And that’s the irony, Marge.
我爱过你
I loved you.
你也许也知道 玛吉 我爱过你
You may as well know, Marge. I loved you.
我也说不清 或许我现在说这话很奇怪
I don’t know, maybe it’s grotesque of me to say this now,
所以就…将这事写在纸条或者别的什么上
so just… write it on a piece of paper or something…
塞进你的包里 以备不时之需
and put it in your purse for a rainy day.
“汤姆爱我 汤姆爱我”
“Tom loves me. Tom loves me.”
-为什么迪克的戒指会在你这里 -我说过了
– Why do you have Dickie’s rings? – I told you.
-他给我的 -为什么 什么时候
– He gave them to me. – Why? When?
我感觉你根本没有
I feel as if you haven’t been
认真听我跟你说过的任何一句话
listening to anything I’ve been saying to you.
我不相信你 我不相信你
I don’t believe you. I don’t believe you.
-都是真的 -你说的每一个字我都不信
– It’s all true. – I don’t believe a single word you’ve said.
你在发抖 玛吉 看看你
You’re shivering, Marge. Look at you.
玛吉 我能抱一下你吗
Marge, can I hold you?
你会让我抱你吗
Will you let me hold you?
玛吉
Marge?
-彼得 谢天谢地你来了 -发生什么事了
– Oh, Peter. Thank God you’re here. – What’s going on?
带我离开这里 带我离开 求你了
Get me out of here. Get me out of here. Please!
汤姆 你没事吧
Tom, are you okay?
你来吧 你试试跟她好好谈谈
You try. You try talking to her.
-汤姆 -我放弃了
– Tom? – I give up.
告诉我到底是怎么回事 汤姆
Tell me what’s going on. Tom!
我从来没有…我…
I never did any…I…
-我是把她怎么样了吗 -听着
– What did I ever do to her? – Listen–
你让她说说看 我什么时候伤害过她
Have her tell you one thing that I’ve ever done to her.
听我说 你不能生她的气
Listen, you can’t be angry with her.
她很困惑 她需要找个人来怪罪
She’s confused, and she needs someone to blame.
于是她就怪罪你了
So she blames you.
我会回家跟她好好谈谈
I’ll go back home and talk to her.
至于你
As for you,
要么换个安全剃须刀 要么就蓄胡子
either get a safety razor or grow a beard.
-格林里夫先生在吗 -你是瑞普利先生吗
– Is Mr Greenleaf here? – Mr Ripley?
-是我 -我是埃尔文·麦克卡伦
– Yes. – I’m Alvin MacCarron.
我说不好 但我就是知道
I don’t know, I don’t know. I just know it.
玛吉 女性的直觉不一定就是事实
Marge, there’s female intuition and then there are facts.
-汤姆 -先生
– Tom. – Sir.
玛吉 你该等我的 我…
Marge, you should have waited. I didn’t…
彼得没告诉你我打算去接你吗
Didn’t Peter say I’d come by and pick you up?
玛吉一直在跟我们说戒指的事
Marge has been telling us about the rings.
是的 我昨天竟没提这件事 我也觉得不可思议
Yes, I feel ridiculous I didn’t mention them yesterday.
我忘了个干净 太不可思议了
I clean forgot. Ridiculous.
或许你没提起这事的原因
Perhaps you didn’t mention them
是因为此事只可能有一个结论
because there’s only one conclusion to be drawn.
我带玛吉去散步 汤姆
I’m going to take Marge for a little walk, Tom.
-麦克卡伦先生要和你谈谈 -其实没必要…
– Mr MacCarron needs to talk to you. – There is no need…
-我们可以去酒吧 不必这样 -不 不
– We could go to the bar. There’s no need… – No, no.
我认为你们该留在这
I think you should stay here.
我或许能从这里看到我的房♥间
I could probably see my room from here.
我能看到我的房♥子
I can see my house.
当你从远处看着自己的居所
When you see where you live from a distance,
就像梦一样 不是吗
it’s like a dream, isn’t it?
我不喜欢废话
I don’t care for BS.
我不喜欢听 也不喜欢说
I don’t care to hear it. I don’t care to speak it.
好吧
Okay.
你知道迪克在普林斯顿大学念书时
Did you know that at Princeton…
把一个男孩打得半死的事吗
Dickie Greenleaf half-killed a boy?
在派对上 为了某个姑娘
At a party over some girl.
朝那小子的头踢了好几脚
Kicked the kid several times in the head,
害他进了医院
put him in the hospital.
那小子下颌穿了钢丝 失去了部分听力
Boy had a wire fixed in his jaw, lost some hearing.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!