简告诉我 你非常擅长讲故事
Jane tells me that you’re quite a storyteller.
你知道我也经常写东西吗
Do you know I write, too?
– 真的吗 – 嗯嗯
– really?- Mm- hmm.
诗歌♥
Poetry.
那我度假的时候能给你写信吗
Can I write you when I’m on vacation?
– 当然可以 – 当然可以
– I’d love that. – We would love that.
你可以写给我们两个
You can write us
可以在上面写任何你想说的话
and you can tell us anything you want.
任何事
Anything.
现在这张桌子上没有任何秘密
There are no secrets at this table.
并且我们也不想瞒着你什么
And we don’t want to keep any secrets from you, either.
简和我谈过了
Jane and I have talked,
我们已经决定了 希望能够人人平等
and we’ve decided that we want us all to be equals.
我们太尊重你了 所以不能撒谎
And we respect you too much to lie.
所以我们想让你知道
So we want you to know
我们现在是情侣
that Jane and I are lovers.
你觉得怎样
How do you feel?
我很高兴
Well, I’m happy for you.
很高兴你们拥有彼此
I’m happy you have each other.
我不想让你们像我的父母那样痛苦
I don’t want you to be miserable like my parents.
乖姑娘
Dear girl.
告诉过你 她内心很强大的
Told you she has a deep soul.
年幼的詹妮 他们怎么知道
Young Jennifer: How did they
我不会泄露他们的秘密
know they could trust me with their secret?
难道他们不怕错信我吗
That I would never break their confidence?
其他女孩可能会谈论他们
The other girls would have told on them.
年幼的詹妮 但我从来没有和我父母
Adult Jennifer: I would never tell my parents,
或者其他大人说过
or the other adults.
就像是无言的誓言
It was like an unspoken oath.
而且我以此为豪
And I felt proud of it.
你在干嘛呢
What are you doing now?
嘿
Hey.
他们给我寄了很多信
They sent me a bunch of letters.
我房♥间里的其他东西都在哪里
Where’s the rest of the stuff from my room?
信都在这个盒子里
Letters are in this box.
妈妈 你知道这些多久了
Mom, how long did you know these were here?
你以前怎么不给我呢
How come you didn’t give me these before?
我找到这些的时候我知道了你的故事
I found them when I found your story.
我不给你是因为
And I didn’t give them to you because…
我觉得很羞愧
Because I was ashamed.
亲爱的詹妮
“My Dear Jenny,
看到你的来信我很伤心
“I was so sad reading your special letters…”
我讨厌呆在家里
I hate being home.
即使在这么美丽的地方
Even in this beautiful place,
我的兄弟姐妹也一直在互相争斗
my brothers and sisters never stop fighting.
我母亲和外婆不断地吼着他们
My mom and grandmother yell at them constantly.
在这个世界上开心真是太难了
“It’s easier to be unhappy in this world.
这些侵蚀着我的大脑
“It has been burned into my brain
这些让我感觉我太自私了
“That it is I that is selfish.
我接受着他们的付出
I take, they give.”
亲爱的詹妮
“My dear Jenny,
我和纽加分享了你寄来的卡片
“Nouga and I shared our cards from you,
你写的悲怆诗 我希望你不要介意
“Your poems of pathos. I hope you don’t mind.
詹妮 你有种别样的魅力
“You have some very special kind of beauty, Jenny,
想分享是很自然的事情
and it’s natural to want to share…”
我太茫然了
I’m so confused.
但同时 我又感觉很自♥由♥
But at the same time, I feel free.
不要走那些光线不好的地方
It’s getting to where one can’t walk in broad daylight.
不要随便到处乱跑
And that one goes running around at all hours.
去年斯潘塞县就有个女的被强♥奸♥了
A woman was raped last year over on Spencer.
你们在说什么呢
What are you going on about?
詹妮 你可以去喊你哥哥吗
Jenny, can you go get your brother?
要吃晚饭了
It’s time for dinner.
我们谈过这个了
We talked about this.
我不会让你妈妈来恐吓我的孩子的
I will not have your mother instilling fear in my children.
你就不能小声点吗
Can you just keep your voice down?
她可是放弃暑假来帮我们的
She gave up her summer to help me.
可这是我家
This is still my house.
我知道
I- I know…
詹妮 我能理解你的感受
Jenny, I feel for you.
成长总伴随着改变
Growth always means change.
但纽加说
But then Nouga says
改变都是痛苦的
change is almost always painful,
因此 痛苦就是快乐
and thus pain is joy.
所以 我们要微信面对
So we smile again.
亲爱的詹妮
Dear Jenny,
不要放弃你的跑步
try to continue with your running.
不久 你就会发现它的乐趣
Before long, the pleasure of doing it will appear again.
每一天 这些做好的事情会让你更加自信
Each day, the well- done piece will build your confidence.
你的马是公的还是母的啊
Is your horse a boy or a girl?
公的
It’s a boy.
– 它真美 – 谢谢
– It’s a beautiful horse. – Thanks.
很高兴你交了个新朋友 我亲爱的詹妮
So glad you’ve made a new friend, my dear Jenny.
这个奇妙的体验会为你打开
This wonderful experience will only open new worlds
新世界的大门
for you to come.
但不要太着急
But do not rush.
你有足够的时间来享受这些
You have plenty of time to enjoy everything.
爸妈 你们在吗
Mom, Dad, are you in there?
可以小声点吗
Would you keep it down, please?
你♥爸♥爸和我想睡个午觉
Your father and I are trying to take a nap.
对不起 妈妈 但这很重要
Sorry, Mom, but it’s very important.
我的朋友 他邀请我去博览会
My friend, well, he invited me to the fair.
我们九点就回来
We’ll be back by 9:00.
等等 谁邀请你
Wait, who invited you?
一位来自马厩的新朋友 卢卡斯·门德尔松
A new friend from the stable. Lucas Mendelssohn.
– 他们家是德克萨斯州的 – 这肯定不行 詹妮
– His family’s from Texas. – Of course not, Jenny.
我们不了解他们家的情况 并且你知道规矩的
We don’t know his family, and you know the rule.
你知道我们要和威勒夫妇吃晚餐的
You know we have dinner reservations with the Wheelers.
现在去换装吧
Now go get dressed.
他明天要和他的家人一起飞回家了
He’s flying home with his family tomorrow.
拜托 我们九点会回来的
Please? We’ll be back right at 9:00.
我不想再说一次
I don’t want to repeat myself.
你也听到了你父亲说的了 这是很重要的一次晚餐
And you heard your father. This is an important dinner.
你父亲很快就要完成新项目的融♥资♥了
Your dad’s gonna close the financing
赶快去换衣服吧
on the new development, so go get dressed.
他们不答应
They said I can’t go.
要不让我妈妈给你妈妈打电♥话♥
Well, maybe my mom can call your mom.
这不重要了
But it won’t matter.
这是他们愚蠢的规矩之一
It’s just one of their stupid rules.
我讨厌他们
I hate them.
小姑娘
Young lady.
我刚刚说什么了
What did we just discuss?
宝贝 宝贝
Babes. Babe?
快点 我们要走了 我们都在车里等你
Come on, let’s go. We’re all waiting in the car.
我不想去
I don’t want to go.
亲爱的 你朋友叫什么
Honey, what was the name of your friend?
那个男孩 他的家族 他叫什么
That boy, his family? What was his name?
– 门德尔松 – 门德尔松
– Mendelssohn. – Mendelssohn.
没错 我就知道我听过这名字
That’s right. I knew I knew the name.
两周前我和他爸爸打过高尔夫
I played golf with his father two weeks ago.
乔尔·斯特恩带他去了俱乐部
Joel Stern brought him to the club.
不管怎么样 来吧 出发了
Anyway, come on. Move it.
我做出了一个决定
I have made a decision.
我要自己掌控自己的人生
I’m taking my life into my own hands.
那个秋天 每个星期五 爸爸接我放学
That fall, every Friday, my dad picked me up from school
然后送我到G夫人家
and dropped me off at Mrs. G’s.
你好 我亲爱的
Hi, my love.
让我看看你
Let me look at you.
有人一直在锻炼哦
Someone’s kept up with her training.
我做出了一个决定
I have made a decision.