她很漂亮
She was so sweet.
我有些忘记了 她总是和我们在一起吗
I don’t remember. Was she around all the time?
你骑上G夫人种马”普夫”那天
She was there the day that Mrs. G
她就在那里
put you on her stallion, Puff.
她真可爱
Such a cute kid.
她很用心
A lot of heart, that one.
她今年进步很大
She’s made huge improvements
跳跃障碍
this summer- – leaps and bounds.
我们现在说起这些 真是有趣
Funny, now that we’re talking about it,
我还记得一些别的事
there’s something else I remember.
他是不是很好
Isn’t he gorgeous?
她很不错
She is.
贝基你是不是瘦了
Have you lost weight, Becky?
– 我也注意到了 – 嗯
– I’ve noticed it too. – Mm.
你看上去很漂亮
You’re looking really good.
我确定比尔并没有别的意思
Adult Becky: I’m sure Bill didn’t mean anything by it,
– 但我感到很压抑 – 继续训练
– but I was so repressed- – – Keep up your training,
在秋天你就能和我们一起比赛了
you’ll be able to compete with us in the fall.
希望你能加入我们市区跑步队
Love for you to join my inner- city running team.
我无法面对他
I couldn’t handle him
当他像打量一个女人一样打量我
noticing me, you know, as a woman.
你知道如何联♥系♥上爱丽丝吗
Do you know how to get in touch with Iris?
噢 不知道
Oh, not a clue.
我甚至不知道她的姓
I don’t think I even knew her last name.
但G夫人一定知道
But Mrs. G would know.
她们关系那么好
She was so close with her.
这里是葛兰姆西家
You’ve reached the Gramercy residence.
在哔声后 请留言给
Please leave a message for Dr. G or I
G先生或者我
– after the beep tone.
嗨 我是詹妮弗·福克斯
Hel- – Hello, Jane, it’s Jennifer Fox.
我有些想你
Sorry I missed you.
我刚好在你家附近
I’m just- – it’s funny, I’m near your house.
我觉得路过然后再见上一面
I just thought it would be lovely to come by
会很不错
and say hello again.
操
Shit.
我想建立一个超越婚姻的团体
I’m ready to make a group beyond marriage.
婚姻很可怕
Marriage is terrible.
超越所有以前的承诺和规则
Beyond all formal rules of commitment.
詹妮 你相信我吗
Jenny, do you trust me?
相信
Yeah.
你想和我一起吗
Do you want to come with me?
我想让我们四个共同处于一段感情中
I want us to make a real group.
你 我 G夫人 还有爱丽丝
You, me, Mrs. G, and Iris.
爱丽丝
Iris.
– 看望我的母亲 然后 – 当然不会
– …visiting my mom and… – Of course not.
真抱歉
I’m so sorry.
哦 我给您带了瓶红酒
Oh, I brought you a bottle of wine.
哦
Oh!
但当我在我母亲家的时候
But when I was at my mom’s,
我发现了一些您比赛时留下的宝贝
I found some treasures of you competing.
哦 我本想这个夏天再参加一次比赛的
Oh. I wanted to compete again this summer,
但是安东尼病倒了 我什么都参加不了
but with Anthony sick, I can’t plan anything.
每天清晨我睁开眼
I wake up every morning
我都不知道自己能否走出家门
and don’t know if I’ll be able to leave the house.
我懂的 肯定很不好受
I understand. That must be so hard.
哦 谢谢您
Oh, thank you.
是这样 我找到了一些您可能觉得很有趣的照片
So, I found some pictures you might find amusing
都是我和您在这里的那年夏天照的
from the summer that I stayed here with you.
嗯
Mm.
让我们来看看
Let’s see.
您还认得那位女士吗
Do you recognize that lady?
哦 天呐 我当年可真漂亮
Oh, my! That is a good picture of me.
我自己都没有一张照得很好看的照片
I don’t have any good photos of me at all.
还记得这些女孩吗
Remember these girls?
这是谁
Who is this?
是我呀
Me.
我试着想记起来 嗯
I was trying to remember, uh…
那个年纪稍长的女孩是谁
who was the older girl?
那年夏天也在这里的那个漂亮的黑发女孩
Very pretty brunette who was there that summer?
爱丽丝·罗斯
Iris Rose.
是呀
Yeah.
你能想象一个名字里有两种花
Can you imagine two flowers for a name.
天呐 她可真美
God, she was beautiful.
– 是呀 – 她那时还在上大学
– Yeah. – She was in college.
那一整年她都在我这里打工
She worked for me all that year.
是呀 我记得这些
Yeah, I remember that.
您知道如何才能联♥系♥上爱丽丝吗
Do you know how to get a hold of Iris?
这是什么
What’s this?
哦 我不是有意 嗯
Oh, I didn’t mean to- – uh…
是比尔
it’s Bill.
我 我 我当时在上网
I- I- I was looking on the Internet,
然后我看到了有一本专门写美国赛跑的书
and there was a- – a book on American running,
他们 他们有一整个
and they- – they had a whole, um…
是呀 比尔后来发生了什么
Yeah, what- – what happened to Bill?
我不知道
I don’t know.
嗯
Uh- –
我去拿一下我的眼镜
Let me get my glasses.
书里有两整章的内容向他致敬
There were two chapters dedicated to him
还有关于他的教练方式
and all about his coaching.
我记得有一所大学的楼就是用他的名字命名的
I guess they’ve named a wing after him at a university.
我最后一次听说 是他姐姐给我打的电♥话♥
Last I heard, his sister called me,
试图找到比尔
trying to find Bill,
因为他们的
because their…
他们的母亲
their mother…
一个赛跑运动员的一生
我还是去把那张地图给你找来吧
Let’s get you that map.
我会告诉你离开这里的路怎么走 然后
I’ll give you directions to get out of here so- –
弗兰妮告诉我说你曾经在为世界运动会做准备
Franny told me that you had trained for the World Games,
所以我很确定他训练过你
so I was sure he trained you.
不 他没有 她记错了
No, he didn’t. She was wrong.
我从没进过世界运动会
I wasn’t in the World Games,
虽然我曾赢得了一些金牌
although I have won several gold medals.
我曾如此的爱您和比尔
I loved you and Bill so much.
这里是州际公路的岔道口
Here’s the turnoff for the interstate.
我只是想知道到底发生了什么
I just need to know what happened.
你就沿着这条路到这里
You just follow this road out here.
– 并不难找 – 你一定知道
– It isn’t hard. – You must’ve known.
天色有些晚了
It’s a little dark out right now.
然后你就会找到岔道口了
And then you’ll find the turnoff
随后你就会上到州际公路上了
and you’ll be on the interstate in no time.
关于这件事 我需要询问曾经在那里的人
I need to talk about it with someone who was there.
求您了
Please.
如果你需要的话 可以带上这张地图
You can take the map if you’d like.
你现在应该走了
You should go now.
现在已经很晚了 我真的很疲倦了
It’s very late. I’m quite tired.
简 有人来了吗
Jane, is somebody here?
– 啊 您好 – 哦
– Ah, hello. – Oh.
– 是我 詹妮·福克斯 – 詹妮 詹妮·福克斯
– It’s- – It’s Jenny Fox. – Jenny! Jenny Fox!
– 是的 – 哦 哦 哦
– Yes. – Ho ho ho!
哦 很高兴见到你
Oh, good to see you.
– 您好 G医生 – 詹妮·福克斯
– Hello, Dr. G. – Jenny Fox.
詹妮刚说她正要离开
Jenny just said that she was leaving.
哦
Oh.
很抱歉 确实很晚了 我知道
Sorry, it’s so late. I know.
哦 詹妮 詹妮 詹妮 詹妮
Oh, Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, Jenny,
还有你所有的问题
with all your questions.
我感觉你好像是想让我为了什么事而道歉
I feel like you want me to apologize for something.
我不确定
I’m not sure.
你想要什么
What do you want?
不是
No.
不是 好吧