[伦敦 英国♥军♥情六处]
巴拿马
Panama.
巴拿马?
Panama?
安德鲁,我尽力了…
Best I could do, Andrew…
…你捅的篓子不小
…in the circumstances, given your sins.
他们要我狠狠的处罚你
They were baying for blood.
我挺身而出为你辩护
I argued your case.
“他帮我们做了这么久,又是个聪明人应该可以…
«For his long service, his fine brain in the balance…
…抵销他欠的赌债…
…against the gambling debts…
…暴露身份和那笔风流债吧”
…the blown cover and the wives.»
风流债
The wives.
这是你最后的机会
So, a last chance.
巴拿马
Panama.
要我保持低姿态?
Keep the head down?
为我过去的错事赎罪?
Serve out my time?
不尽然,安德鲁,我们也有事要你去办
Not quite, Andrew. We do have interests:
运河对我们很重要,我们要做的事还很多
The canal, vital artery. There is work to be done.
拜托你在那儿小心点
But for God’s sake, be careful out there, man.
那里有复杂的洗钱作业…
There’s a nasty web of money-laundering…
…贩毒和贪污的情况
…drug trafficking and corruption.
真的吗?
Really?
巴拿马只住了两百个英国人
There are only 200 resident Brits in Panama.
但你应该可以找到一、两个…
But you can surely ferret out one or two…
…能帮你进入权力核心的人
…who can gain you access to the corridors of power.
[潘戴尔·哈瑞 裁缝,巴拿马萨维尔街]
看…那是美洲之桥
Look, look! The Bridge of the Americas.
你知道吗?自运河从中分隔它们之后…
You know, ever since the canal cut them in half…
…这一条桥是南、北美洲…
…this bridge is now the only link…
…之间唯一的联♥系♥
…between North and South America.
你想想!
Think about it!
[巴拿马运河常被称为世界第八大奇迹]
[由美国工程师负责修建]
[并由美军控制了八十五年]
[一九九九年底它被交还给巴拿马政♥府♥引起诸多争议]
[人们对这条运河的未来做出诸多揣测]
[但此时,在巴拿马的一角专注工作的是…]
《巴拿马裁缝》
我认为我们都拥有…
The way I see it, we all have a dream of ourselves…
…遥不可及的梦想
…that we could be more than we are.
而潘戴尔和布威特就要帮你们以沙维尔柔一贯精致手工…
Well, Pendel and Braithwaite are here to help you realize that dream…
…达成这个梦想
…in the Savile Row tradition.
试试看这块布料
Let’s try this one now.
对,我认为这有点…
Oh, yeah, I guess this is kind of…
我就知道你会喜欢康纳莱先生也选了这块布
I thought you’d like that one, sir. Mr. Connery’s choice.
我一看到你,我就想“他让我想起谁?”
As soon as you came in, I thought, «Who does he remind me of?»
没错,你的体型也很像高尔夫球高手
And that’s it. In the build too. Golfer’s shoulders.
怎么样,班尼叔?
How about that, Uncle Benny?
哈利,我一直都说你有两把刷子
You’ve got the fluence, Harry. I’ve always said it, and you have.
你是世上最了不起的裁缝师,无人能及
You’re the outright best tailor in the world. Bar none.
别夸我了,班尼叔
Steady on, Uncle Benny, steady on.
哈利,快来
Harry, come on.
– 我来了 – 好
– I’m coming. – All right.
莎拉,你先上车,别忘了系安全带
All right, you get in first, Sarah. Don’t forget your belt.
– 莎拉 – 我在努力!
– Sarah. – I’m trying!
马克
Mark.
好,再见
Okay. Bye-bye.
乔治…我昨天就见过你了
George, George, I saw you yesterday.
好,拿去,你太太好吗?
All right, here you go, then. How’s your old lady?
莎拉…
Sarah, Sarah!
嗨,贝拉
Hi, Bella.
爸爸,给我两毛五
Dad, give me a quarter.
莎拉,你的诗背熟了没?
Have you learnt your poem?
老虎,老虎,在黑夜丛林里闪闪发光
Tyger, tyger, burning bright In the forest of the night
– 再见,爸爸 – 再见
– See you, Dad. – Shalom.
再见
Shalom.
[巴拿马运河局]
看看你的头发!
Look at your hair!
什么不朽的人物或眼睛能够诬赖可怕的墓园?
Oh, what immortal hand or eye Could frame thy fearful cemetery
不,是“对称”
No, «symmetry.» Symmetry.
我还是不知道这是什么意思
I still don’t know what it means.
– 你有没有看昨晚的新闻? – 看了
– Did you see the news last night? – Yes, I did.
你的人♥民♥想要讨回运河
Your people want their canal back.
那不是我的人♥民♥,艾尼托,他们是一群急进的右♥派♥参议员
Not my people, Ernesto. They’re rabid, right-wing senators.
– 你知道他们是什么吗? – 说
– Do you know what they are? – Say it.
浑球
Assholes.
看
You see?
转身
Turn around.
雷蒙,只有一点点啦
It’s only a tad, Ramon.
如果你想把我的西装穿得挺一点就想办法减肥、增高
If you want to look good in my suit, lose weight and grow a foot.
你到店里来我帮你放一点
Come to the shop. We can ease it a little.
好
Okay.
银行透♥支♥的事怎么办?
So, what are we gonna do about the overdraft, Harry?
你说呢?
You tell me, Ramon.
你得考虑要不要把农场卖♥♥了
You have to think about selling the farm, Harry.
卖♥♥了?
Sell it?
那是个金矿,雷蒙
It’s a gold mine, Ramon.
安吉罗正在想法转亏为盈,他是个忠心耿耿的好人
Angelo’s turning it around. He’s a very good man, Ramon. Dedicated.
听说你的水源有问题
I hear you got a water problem.
本来有,但我解决了
Did have, Ramon, did have. I put that right.
现在它源源不绝,就像…
Now, it flows like…
水
Water.
一点都没错,雷蒙
Exactly, Ramon.
也许你不该买♥♥下它
Maybe you shouldn’t have bought it, eh?
公平点,是你叫我买♥♥的
On your advice, Ramon. Fair’s fair.
银行希望你在下个月底之前…
The bank wishes to see a substantial reduction…
…能先还大部份
…on the outstanding sum by the end of next month.
否则…
Otherwise…
…我们就要没收了
…we have to call it in.
什么?
What?
全部吗?
The whole lot?
当然是全部
But of course the whole lot.
你是我朋友,我也不想这么做,但这是上级的意思
You are my friend. I hate to do this, but my hands are tied.
我能说什么呢?
What can I say?
我要怎么对露易莎交待?我是用她的遗产去买♥♥的
What am I going to tell Louisa? I bought it with her inheritance.
哈利,你很会说话的
Well, you’re the storyteller, Harry.
你真好
You’re an angel.
有人来找你
Someone to see you.
是吗?谁?
Oh, yes? Who?
他说是新客户
New customer, he say.
你好,我叫奥斯纳
Hi. Name’s Osnard.
我打过电♥话♥来
I phoned.
奥斯纳先生,我是哈利潘戴尔
Mr. Osnard. Harry Pendel.
幸会
Very happy to meet you, sir.
我无意冒犯,但我本来想见布威特先生
No offense, but I was hoping to see Mr. Braithwaite.
恐怕不可能
No chance of that, I’m sorry to say, sir.
我的合伙人已经过世了
My late partner has been dead and gone these many years.
不过我们仍然沿袭他的传统
Though his exacting standards are very much alive and well.
很高兴听到这消息
Glad to hear that.
家父的衣服都是他做的
He dressed my father, you know.
当时他还在沙维尔柔
Back in his Savile Row days.
天啊,我承认这是头一遭
Well, I never! Now that’s a first, I don’t mind admitting.
父子两代从沙维尔柔到巴拿马
Father to son, Savile Row to Panama City.
– 你听到了吗? – 我就知道你会很惊讶
– Did you hear that? – I thought you’d be surprised.
又惊又喜
Surprised, sir, and delighted.
玛莎,就把奥斯纳先生列为我们的老客户吧
Marta, put Mr. Osnard down as an old customer.
亚瑟布威特曾经帮他爸做过衣服
Arthur Braithwaite made for his father.
奥斯纳先生,请跟我来
Now, if you’d care to come this way, Mr. Osnard.
她怎么了?
What in hell happened to her?
她是不是在诺列加时代吃过苦?
In the bad old days, would that be? Noriega’s time?
受过严刑拷打?
Rough justice meted out?
– 请坐,先生 – 谢谢
– If you’d care to take a seat, sir. – Thank you.
我们称这里为俱乐部,有许多绅士…
We call this The Club Room. Many of our gentlemen spend time here…
…曾经在这里度过美好的午后及夜晚时光
…in the lunch hour and at the day’s end.
有何不可呢?
And why not?
先生,你想做什么样的衣服?
What did you have in mind, sir, exactly?