so I’d better accept it.
所以我最好接受
Then why can’t you leave us alone?
那你为什么不能听之任之呢
Oh, to be hanging from steam pipes and all that?
任其上吊自杀吗
If that’s what we want to do, yes.
如果那是我们所想 当然不应干涉
Because he said not to.
因为上帝说别这样
It’s in here.
都写在这里面
Don’t you want to be happy? Happy?
你不想快乐吗 快乐
What, you got something against being happy?
怎么 你有什么事不让你快乐吗
God help us. What, I done opened up a can of worms?
上帝保佑 怎么 我揭开你的伤疤了吗
What you got against being happy?
是什么不让你快乐呢
It’s contrary to the human condition.
这有悖于人所处的环境
Contrary to your condition. I gotta agree with that.
是你所处的环境吧 我同意这样的说法
Happy?
快乐
What, like there ain’t no such thing?
怎么了 好像世间没快乐似的
Not for nobody?
没人快乐吗
No.
没人
How did we get ourselves in such a fix as this?
我们怎么会让自己陷入如此困境呢
We were born in such a fix as this.
那是与生俱来的
Suffering and human destiny are the same thing.
人的命运是苦难
Each is a description of the other.
苦难是人的命运
We ain’t talking about no suffering.
我们没在聊苦难
We’re talking about being happy.
我们聊的是快乐
You can’t be happy if you’re in pain. Why not?
如果你痛苦着就无法快乐 为什么不能
You’re not making any sense.
你这是无稽之谈
Oh, them is some hard words from the Professor.
那些苛刻之词居然出自一个教授之口
The preacher has fell back.
牧师向后倒了下去
He’s clutching his heart.
他抓住自己的心口
His eyes is rolled back in his head.
眼睛往后翻
Wait a minute. Wait a minute, folks.
等等 等等 各位
The preacher’s blinking. He’s coming back.
牧师又眨眼了 他缓过来了
He’s coming back.
他缓过来了
The point is, Professor,
我是说 教授
that if you ain’t got no pain in your life,
如果你一生从未受过苦
how would you even know when you was happy?
你怎么察觉幸福呢
As compared to what?
用什么做参照呢
You don’t have anything to drink around here, do you?
你这儿没什么酒 是吧
No, I don’t.
没有
Is you a drinking man?
你酗酒吗
Are we about to get a temperance lecture? Not from me.
你要开始说教节制了吗 我才不会
It’s been a difficult day.
今天很辛苦
I take it you don’t drink.
我信你不喝酒
No, I don’t.
我是不喝
I’ve done my share of it in my time though.
不过有段日子我酗过酒
Are you in A.A.?
你是匿名戒酒会的吗
No no, no A.A. I just quit.
不 不是戒酒会的 我就是自己戒了
I’ve had a lot of friends who was drinkers though…
但是我好些朋友都酗过酒
Most of them for that matter. Most of them dead too.
大多数人都受过这罪 大多数也都死了
From drinking?
因为酗酒?
Well, from drinking or reasons not too far from it.
因为酗酒或之类的原因
I had a friend get run down not too long ago by a taxicab.
不久前就有个朋友被出租车撞了
Now where you think he was headed drunk?
你猜他当时醉醺醺地要去哪
I don’t know. Where was he going?
猜不出来 他去哪
To get more whisky.
去再买♥♥一些威士忌
He had plenty at the house,
他家里已经存了很多
but drunks are always scared they’re gonna run out.
但是酒鬼们总是怕酒喝完了
Was he killed?
他死了吗
I hope so. We buried him.
希望如此 因为我们已经把他埋了
I suppose there’s a moral to this story.
我觉得这故事有点寓意
Just a story about what you get and what you want.
只是个关于你要什么与你得到什么的故事
Pain… happiness.
痛苦…幸福
Let me tell you another one.
我再给你说一个
One Sunday
一个星期天
we’s all sitting around the house drinking… A Sunday morning.
大伙围坐在房♥子里喝酒 是星期天早晨
Well, here come this friend of ours with this girl Evelyn.
有个朋友带了个女孩过来 叫艾芙琳
Now Evelyn was drunk when she got there,
来这儿时艾芙琳已经醉了
but we told her,
但是我们跟她说
“Go on and get yourself a drink.”
自个儿去找点酒喝吧
Well, directly, my buddy Reg…
紧接着 我哥们瑞吉…
He goes in the kitchen to fix hisself a drink.
跑到厨房♥里找酒了
Only now the bottle is gone.
只是那瓶酒已经不见了
Now Reg has been around a few drinking people in his time
瑞吉身边尽是些酗酒的人
and commences to hunt for the bottle.
现在他开始搜寻那瓶酒了
He looks in the cabinet, looks behind everything,
他找了橱柜 找了所有的地方
but he can’t find it.
可是找不到
Of course he knows what’s happened to it.
他当然知道那瓶酒是怎么了
So he comes back in the living room, sits down,
所以他回到起居室 坐下来
looks at Evelyn sitting there on the sofa drunk as a goat.
看着艾芙琳坐在沙发那 醉得一塌糊涂
And he says, “Evelyn, where you put the whisky?”
他说 艾芙琳 你把威士忌放哪儿了
Evelyn says…
艾芙琳说…
He says, “Evelyn,
他说 艾芙琳
where did you hide the whisky?”
你把威士忌藏哪儿了
And she…
她就…
Well, Reg is sitting there
瑞吉坐在那儿
and this is beginning to piss him off a little,
开始有点发飙了
so he gets in her face and he says,
所以他凑到她面前 说
And she says,
她就说
“I hid it in the toilet.”
我藏在马桶里了
That’s pretty funny.
很有趣
Oh, I thought you’d like that.
我觉得你喜欢这个故事
And is that where the whisky was?
威士忌真的藏在那儿吗
Oh, yeah yeah. That’s a favorite place
是啊 酒鬼们
for drunks to hide a bottle.
最喜欢把酒藏在那儿了
But the point is that the drunk’s concern
但是关键在于 酒鬼们关心的
ain’t that he’s going to die from drinking… which he is…
不是他会酗酒而死…他迟早会的
but that he’s going to run out of whisky
而是他的威士忌要喝完了
before he get a chance to do it.
总在他确实喝完前担心着
Is you hungry?
你饿了吗
‘Cause I can come back to this. I ain’t gonna lose my place.
我可以待会再说 我记得从哪儿继续
No, I’m all right. Go ahead.
没事 我不饿 继续说吧
If you was to hand a drunk a drink
如果你递给一个酒鬼一瓶酒 跟他说
and tell him he don’t want it, what do you think he’d say?
他其实不想要酒 你猜他会说什么
I think I know what he would say.
我想我知道他会说些什么
Sure you do. And you would be right.
你当然知道 你的看法也对
About him not really wanting it? Yes.
说他其实不想喝酒对吗 嗯
Because what he wants he can’t get,
因为他想要的他得不到
or thinks he can’t get,
或者他以为得不到
so what he really don’t want he can’t get enough of.
他不想要的 他反而无法满足
So what is it he really wants?
那他到底想要什么呢
Well, you know what he really wants.
你知道他真要什么
No, I don’t. Yes, you do.
不 我不知道 你知道
No, I don’t.
我不知道
You don’t know what he wants?
你不知道他想要什么吗
No, I do not.
不知道 我真不知道
He wants what everybody wants.
他想要的每个人都想要
And that is?
你说的是?
He wants to be loved by God.
他想要上帝之爱
I don’t want to be loved by God.
我不稀罕什么上帝之爱
See, I love that. I love the way you cut right to it.
瞧 我就喜欢你这样 够直接
See, he don’t either, according to him.
看 他也不稀罕 据他所言
All he wants is a drink of whisky.
他全心所欲的只是一口威士忌
Now you’re a smart man, Professor.
现在你变聪明了 教授
Now tell me which one makes sense and which one don’t.
现在告诉我哪个有意义 哪个没有
I don’t want a drink of whisky either.
我也不想要威士忌
I thought you just got done asking for one.
我还以为你刚刚问我有没有
I mean as a general proposition.
只是一般建议
We ain’t talking about no general proposition.
我们可不是在谈什么一般建议
We’re talking about a drink.
我们在谈喝酒的问题
I don’t have a drinking problem.
我没有酗酒的问题
You got some kind of problem.
你有其他的问题
Well, whatever kind of problem I have, it is not something
不管我有什么问题 那也不是因为

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!