you pretty much get over all your worldly cravings.
随之忘却所有的世俗杂念
They took the refrigerator one time,
有一次他们搬走了冰箱
but somebody caught them out there on the stairs,
但有人在楼梯上抓住了他们
made them bring it back up.
让他们把冰箱搬了回来
Now I got that big sucker over yonder…
所以我换回了那边的
traded up.
那个大家伙
Only thing I miss is the music.
我唯一想念的是音乐
I aim to get me a steel door.
我要装个铁门
Then I can have me some music here.
那样我才能在这里听些音乐
But you got to buy the door
但你得同时
and the frame at the same time.
买♥♥门和门框
I’m working on that.
我正为之努力着
I don’t care nothing about television,
我一点不在意电视
but I sure do miss the music.
但我很想要音乐
You don’t think this is a terrible place?
你不觉得这地方很可怕吗
A terrible place?
可怕的地方
Yes.
是啊
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
This place. It’s a horrible place
这里就是个恐怖之地
full of horrible people.
挤满了恐怖之人
Oh my.
上帝啊
You must know that these people are not worth saving
你得知道那些人不值得救赎
even if they could be saved,
即便他们可以被救赎
which they can’t. You must know that.
他们也不愿意 你肯定知道这点
Well, I like a challenge.
我喜欢挑战
I started a ministry before I got out of prison.
出狱前 我就开始做牧师
Now that was a challenge.
那就是个挑战
There was a lot of brothers who showed up.
那儿有很多兄弟
They ain’t care nothing about it.
他们不在意信仰
They ain’t really care nothing about the word of God.
不在意圣言
They just wanted it on the resume.
他们只想在履历上留下一笔
Resume? Resume.
履历 是的
You got some brothers in there
那里很多兄弟
had done some real bad shit.
干了些相当不好的事
And they weren’t sorry about a damn thing
对所作所为他们并无悔意
except getting caught.
除了被抓住
But the funny thing was
但好笑的是
a lot of them did believe in God,
他们中很多人信仰上帝
even more so than
甚至比
a lot of these people out here on the outside.
很多监狱外的人更坚信
I know I did.
我就是这样
You ought to think about that, Professor.
关于这问题你应该想想 教授
I think I’d better go.
我想我还是走吧
You ain’t got to go, Professor.
你别走 教授
Let me ask you something.
让我问你点事
You ever had one of them days
你是否曾经历过那种日子
where everything was just weird all the way around
那里周围的一切变得很离奇
when things just kind of fell into place?
那时一切变得有条不紊
I’m not sure what you mean.
我不明白你的意思
Just one of them days kind of magic,
那一天很奇妙
one of them days where everything turned out right.
那一天一切都变得正确了
I don’t know. Maybe.Why?
我不知道 可能吧 为什么这样问
Well, I’m just wondering if it ain’t been
我只是在疑虑 如果不是那样的话
maybe sort of long dry spell for you
漫长的空寂可能困扰着你
till you took up with the notion
直到你接受这个概念
that that’s the way the world is.
人世间本该如此
The way the world is? Yeah.
人世间本该如此 对啊
And how is that? You know, long and dry.
那是什么样 你知道的 是漫长和空寂
But the point is
但问题是
that even if you feel that way,
即便你感悟了那道理
what you got to understand
你还得理解
is that the sun don’t shine up
太阳是不会天天照耀
the same dog’s ass every day.
同一只狗的屁♥股♥
You understand what I’m saying?
你理解我说什么吗
If what you’re saying is that
如果你想说
I’m simply having a bad day, that’s ridiculous.
我只是今天过得很糟 那就太荒谬了
I ain’t saying you’re having a bad day, Professor.
我没说你今天过得糟 教授
I’m saying you’re having a bad life.
我是说你过着糟糕的生活
You think I should change my life?
你觉得我应该改变生活吗
What, you shitting me? I have to go.
什么 你开玩笑吗 我得走了
Look, just hang with me a little while longer.
听着 再和我待一会儿
What about my jailhouse story?
说说监狱里的故事怎么样
You don’t need no jailhouse story.
你不需要任何监狱里的故事
Why not?
为什么不呢
Well, you’re suspicious about everything already.
你已对每件事都心存疑虑
You think I’m trying to put you in the trick bag.
你以为我想让你落入圈套
And you’re not?
不是吗
Well yeah, but I don’t want you to know it.
是啊 但我不想让你知道
Well, in any case, I have to go.
不管怎样 我得走了
You ain’t ready to go back out there on them streets.
你还不准备出去回到街上吧
I have to.
我得走了
I know you ain’t got nothing you got to do.
我知道你也没什么要紧事
How do you know that?
你怎么知道
‘Cause you ain’t even supposed to be here.
因为要不然你就不会在这里
I see your point.
我明白你的意思
What if I tell you a jailhouse story?
如果我告诉你监狱的故事怎么样
Will you stay then?
你会留下吗
All right. I’ll stay a while.
好吧 我再待一会儿
All right! The man says all right.
很好 你答应了
Okay, here go my jailhouse story.
我这就开始讲监狱的故事
Is it a true story?
是真实的故事吗
Oh yeah, it’s a true story.
是的 很真实
I don’t know no other kind.
我不会瞎编
One day I’m in the chow line
有一天 我在排队
and I’m getting my chow
准备领餐
when the nigger in the line behind me
一个黑鬼就排在我后面
gets into it with the server, says the beans is cold.
他和服务员说豆子是冷的
So he throws the ladle down in the beans.
接着把勺子扔进豆子里
Well, when he done that
他扔的时候
there was beans splashed up on me.
有些豆子溅到我身上
Well, I didn’t want to get into it over no beans,
我才不想为了豆子和他吵架
but it did kinda piss me off some.
但还是有点不爽
I’d just put on a clean uniform…
我刚换上的干净制♥服♥
you know, khakis, shirt and trousers.
卡其布的衬衫和裤子
And you only get two a week.
一周只能领两次
So I said something to him
于是我对他说
like “Hey man, watch it” Or something like that.
伙计 看着点 诸如此类的话
But I went on. I’m telling myself,
但我还是向前走着 边对自己说
“Just let it go. Just let it go.”
算了 别想了
But then the nigger said something.
但那个黑鬼说了点什么
So I turned back.
我就转过身
And when I done that,
我刚转过去
he stuck a knife in me.
他就捅了我一刀
I ain’t even see it coming.
我还没看到刀过来
Blood’s just flying everywhere.
血就飞溅得到处都是
This wasn’t no jailhouse shiv neither.
那还不是把狱中的刮胡刀
This was one of them Italian switchblades…
而是把意大利弹簧刀
One of them black-and-silver jobs.
就是银黑色的那种
Well, I ain’t do a thing but duck
我只能躲开
and step back under the rail.
退到栏杆下
And I reached out and I got hold of this table leg.
我伸手抓住了桌腿
And it come off in my hand just as easy.
把它掰了下来 很轻松
It had this long screw sticking out the end of it.
桌腿头上还留着长钉
And I went to wailing on that nigger’s head!
我抄起桌腿砸向他的脑袋
And I ain’t quit!
砸死你
I ain’t quit till you couldn’t tell
砸死你 砸到你说不出来
it was a head no more!
那已不再是个脑袋
That screw was stick in his head
钉子扎进他的头
and I’d have to put my foot on him to pull it out.
我不得不用脚踹才拔♥出♥来♥
What’d he say? What’d he say?
他说了什么 他说了什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!