That doesn’t mean it’s worthless, does it?
但这不代表它没有价值 对吗
No, it don’t.
当然了
You give up the world line by line.
你一步步放弃了世界
You become an accomplice to your own annihilation.
你是你自我毁灭的帮凶
There’s nothing you can do about it.
对此你无能为力
Everything you do closes a door somewhere ahead of you.
你做的每件事都关上了你面前的一扇门
Finally there’s only one door left.
最终只剩下一扇门
That’s a dark world, Professor.
那是个黑暗的世界 教授
Maybe you just need to admit that you’re in over your head.
也许你只需承认这超出了你的理解范围
I do admit it, but that don’t let me off the hook.
确实 但这也不能让我摆脱困境
I got no choice.
我没得选择
Okay.
好吧
Maybe you’re right.
也许你是对的
Well, here is my news, reverend.
下面是关于我的事情 牧师
I long for the darkness.
我渴望黑暗
I pray for death, real death.
我祈祷死亡 真正的死亡
And if I thought that in
但如果我死后会遇到生前
death I would meet the people I knew in life,
所认识的人们
I don’t know what I would do. That would be the ultimate horror,
我不知道怎么做 这会变成终极恐惧
the ultimate nightmare. If I thought I was gonna
终极的梦魇 如果我会再次遇到
meet my mother again and start all of that all over,
我的母亲 重头开始这一切
only this time without the prospect of death to look forward to,
只不过没有对死亡的期待
that would be the final nightmare,
这最终会变成的噩梦
Kafka on wheels.
无休止的噩梦
Damn, Professor. You don’t want to see your own mama?
妈的 教授 你不想再见到你的妈妈
No, I don’t.
不想
I want the dead to be dead
我希望死人就死透点
forever.
永远死去
And I want to be one of them.
而且我也想死
Except of course you can’t be one of them.
只不过 那不可能
You can’t be one of the dead
你不能成为死者的一员
because that which has no existence can have no community.
因为没有人存在 就不会有社会
No community.
没有社会
My heart warms just thinking about it…
只要一想我的心就暖暖的
blackness, aloneness,
黑暗 孤独
silence, peace,
寂寥 安宁
and all of it only a heartbeat away.
所有这些只有一次心跳的距离
I don’t regard my state of mind
我认为我现在的心境
as some pessimistic view of the world.
不是对这个世界悲观
I regard it as the world itself.
我的心境已经融于这个世界
Evolution cannot avoid
进化无可避免
bringing intelligent life
这使得智慧的生命最终
ultimately to an awareness of one thing,
意识到一件事
and one thing above all else.
一件至高无上的事
And that one thing is futility.
那就是虚无
If I’m understanding you right, you’re saying
如果我没理解错的话 你是说
everybody that just ain’t eat up with the dumbass
每个还有点脑子的人
ought to be suicidal.
都应该自杀
Yes. You ain’t shitting me?
是的 你耍我玩呢
No, I am not shitting you.
不 我没有
If people could see the world for what it truly is,
如果人们能看到世界的本来面目
see their lives for what they truly are,
看到他们生命的意义
without dreams or illusions,
剥去那些梦境和幻想
I don’t believe they could offer the first reason
我相信
why they should not elect to die as soon as possible.
他们会立刻去死
I don’t believe in God. Can you understand that?
我不信上帝 你懂吗
Look around you, man. Can’t you see?
看看你的周围 你还没发现吗
The clamor and din of those in torment
那些饱受痛苦折磨的人们在呻♥吟♥
has to be the sound most pleasing to his ear.
而这却是他耳中最愉悦的声音
And I loathe these discussions…
我痛恨这些讨论
The argument of the village atheist
他说 粗野的无神论者
whose single passion is to revile endlessly
只会无休止的咒骂
that which he denies the existence of in the first place.
同时他又否认他有这种观点
Your fellowship
你的团体
is a fellowship of pain and nothing more.
是一个只有痛苦的团体
And if that pain were collective
如果把这反复的痛苦
instead of merely reiterative,
聚集起来
the sheer weight of it would drag the world
它的重量最够把世界
from the walls of the universe
从宇宙墙上拽下来
and send it crashing and burning down
让世界坠落 燃烧
through whatever night it might yet be capable of engendering
让它消失殆尽
until it was not even ash.
不留一丝痕迹
And brotherhood,
哪还有什么兄弟之情
justice, eternal life?
什么公正 什么永恒的生命
Good God, man.
万能的上帝啊
Show me a religion that prepares one
有没有哪种信仰是为了
for nothingness, for death.
虚无和死亡而存在
That’s a church I might enter.
我会去它的教堂祈祷
Yours prepares one only for more life,
而你信仰的存在 仅仅是为了苟活
for dreams and illusions and lies.
为了妄想 为了幻觉 为了谎言
Banish the fear of death from men’s hearts…
如果将死亡的恐惧从人的心中驱走
They wouldn’t live a day.
他们一天也活不下去
Who would want this nightmare
要不是惧怕未来
but for fear of the next?
谁会想要这样的噩梦呢
The shadow of the axe
这把利斧的阴影
hangs over every joy
笼罩着所有欢乐
Every road ends in death,
每一条路都通向死亡
every friendship, every love.
每一段友情 爱情
Torment, loss, betrayal,
折磨 失去 背叛
pain, suffering,
痛苦 磨难
age,
苍老
indignity,
屈辱
hideous lingering illness…
久治不愈的恶疾
and all of it with a single conclusion
所有这一切 只带来一个结局
for you
给你的
and every one and every thing
给你在意的每个人
you have ever chosen to care for.
每件事的结局
That is the true brotherhood, the true fellowship.
这才是真正的兄弟情义 真正的团体
And everybody is a member for life.
每个人都是生命的一员
You tell me that my brother is my salvation?
你是说我的兄弟就是我的救赎
My salvation?
我的救赎
Well, then damn him.
好吧 那我诅咒他
Damn him in every shape and guise and form.
不管他变成什么都要诅咒他
Do I see myself in him? Yes, I do.
我在他身上看到了自己吗 是的
And what I see sickens me.
而这让我恶心
Do you understand me?
你懂我说的吗
Can you understand me?
你能听懂吗
I’m sorry.
抱歉
How long you felt like this?
你有这种想法多久了
All my life.
一辈子
Is that true? It’s worse than that.
真的吗 比这还严重
I don’t see what could be worse than that.
我想不到还有比这更严重的
Rage is really only for the good days.
愤怒只存在于美好的时光里
The truth is there’s little of that left.
而事实是好时光已经不多了
The truth is that the forms I see
事实上 我看到的外形
have been slowly emptied out.
已经慢慢清空了
They no longer have any content.
他们只剩一具躯壳
They’re shapes only… A train, a wall,
他们只是某种形式 一列车 一堵墙
a world, a man…
一个世界 一个人
a thing dangling
一个在没有逻辑的喧嚣空间
in senseless articulation in a howling void,
摇摆不定的玩意儿
no meaning to its life,
它的生命毫无意义
its words.
它的话也毫无意义
Why would I seek out the company of such a thing?
为什么我要与这样的东西同流合污呢
Why?
为什么
Damn.
妈的
So you see what it is you’ve saved?
你看到你所救的人是什么样了吧
Tried to save. Still trying, trying hard.
试图挽救 一直在尝试 努力地尝试
Who is your brother? Who is my brother, yes.
你的兄弟是谁 谁是我的兄弟
Is that the reason I’m here in your apartment?
这是我在你房♥间里的原因吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!