‘Hello?’
露丝
Rose?
爸 爸
Dad?…Dad…
听到你的声音我太高兴了
Uh, I’m…so glad to hear you.
修好那个机器要花掉他一大笔钱
It’s gonna cost him a bundle to fix that mower.
我认为他没那么多钱
I don’t think he’s got that kinda money.
我不会开着那个机器去埃克塞尔西奥
I wouldn’t drive that thing to Excelsior.
谁叫它偏偏是个割草机
It’s a lawn mower, for God’s sake.
你的社保支票 啊…是在这里 爸爸
Uh, your social security cheque? Ah…it’s here, Dad.
露丝 你能把我的支票传过来吗
Rose, can you send me my cheque?
好的
Uh, yeah.
他真幸运成功过了那个山
He’s damn lucky he made it down that hill.
-一不小心就送命了 -是啊
-He could’ve died easily. -Yeah.
他已经不强壮了
He’s none too strong.
你看他走路还要手杖啊
See how he has to walk with the canes?
好了 爸爸
OK, Dad.
我…我…
I…I…
好的 好 爸爸 我记下来了 爸爸
OK, OK, Dad, OK. I…I have a pencil, Dad.
越靠近密西西比河
The hillsjust get worse
山路变得更难走了
the closer you get to the Mississippi.
亲爱的 开车送他去吧
Go ahead and drive him, honey.
到锡安山就半天的时间 没什么大不了的
Mount Zion can’t be half a day. It’s fine.
丹尼 你人这么好
You’re a good man, Danny Riordan.
所以我当初不顾我妈反对嫁给了你
And that’s why I married you, despite what my mother said.
现在 很好
Now, shoo!

Dad?…
我想你了 爸爸
I miss you, Dad.
我爱你 露丝
I love you, Rosie.
我也爱你 爸爸
‘I love you too, Dad.’
再见 爸爸
Uh, bye, Dad.
再见
Bye…Dad.
咳咳
Ahem.
你在厨房♥煮什么 阿尔文
What are you cookin’ there, Alvin?
噢 我在做墨西哥咖啡
Oh, I’m makin’ my Mexican coffee.
介意我和你一起吗
Ah. Mind if I join you?
坐 铁椅子上吧
Get you a chair… that iron one there.
你在自己的院子里变成客人了
You’ll be a guest in your own back yard.
我跟奥尔森双胞胎谈过了 啊…他们估计
Amm, I talked to the Olsen twins, and, ah…they estimate
修好你的机器差不多250美元
it’ll cost around 250 dollars to get your mower fixed.
那是它本身的两倍了
Well, that’s twice what it oughta be,
我猜正常的两倍了 是吧
I guess it’s cost they’re twice, huh?
我送你去锡安山吧
I’d be happy to drive you the rest of the way to Mount Zion.
这会是一个不错的周日自驾游 我们享受穿过河流
Be a nice Sunday drive. We enjoy crossin’ the river,
尤其是现在有五颜六色的树
especially now with the trees in colour.
额 我很感激 但…
Well, I appreciate that, but…
…我想独自完成我的旅途
…I wanna finish this one my own way.
试试这个
Try this.
谢谢你
Thank you.
阿尔文 你知道 在这里和锡安之间
Well, you know, Alvin, there’s a lotta hills
有更难走的山路
bigger than Clairmont’s between here and Zion.
即使你的割草机再次发动起来
Even if you get that mower runnin’ again,
它还是会坏掉
it may still break down.
我很固执的 你的好意我心领了
Well, you’re a kind man talkin’ to a stubborn man.
我还是希望完成由我自己开始的这条路
I still wanna finish this the way I started.
不 不…
No, no…
你好 威尔兰
Hi, Verlyn.
-你最近怎么样 -我很好
-How the heck you doing? -Fine.
不错
Wonderful.
他在那里
He’s there.
他们给了你一盘她做的果仁朱古力饼
Well…they gave you a plate of her brownies.
是啊
Yeah.
怎么
How’s that for timing?
她做的朱古力饼
Janet makes the best brownies…
是拉斐特县最好的
in Lafayette county.
她在每年县城比赛中都得奖
She won prizes every year at the county fair.
-嗯…你自便 -谢谢
-Mmm…help yourself. -Thank you.
我是出差的 正要去喝酒
Mmm…I’ve been doin’ errands and I’m heading for a beer.
我觉得你应该和我一起喝酒
I thought you’d like to join me.
我已经戒酒了 但是…
Well, I don’t drink any more, but…
人不能一成不变
I’m always up for a change of scenery.
哈哈 来吧
Well, come on.
除了下那座山时
Well, I’m ridin’ a little higher and a little faster.
我开的车高了点 快了点
Except when you came down that hill.
我在法国戒酒消愁
I picked up a mournful taste for liquor in France.
回来后我就喝个不停
When I came back, I couldn’t drink enough of it.
无可救药了
I wasn’t worth a stick of stove wood… I was mean.
一位牧师帮了我一把
A preacher helped me put some distance
帮了戒了酒 还让我看清了
between me and the bottle. And he helped me see…
我酗酒的真正原因 战场的噩梦
the reason I was drinkin’, I was seein’ all them things here,
仍不断在脑海涌现
that I’d seen over there.
很多人回来后就酗酒了
Lots of men came back drinkin’ hard.
每个人都在努力忘记
Well…everyone tryin’ to forget.
我一眼就看透
I can see it in a man right away.
是啊
Yup.
有一次…
There was one time…
当我们正在
when we just…
等待10天后的第一顿温暖的肉餐
Were waiting for the first warm meal in ten days.
我们…认为过了最难关
We…thought we’d seen the worst.
没什么空袭
We hadn’t had much trouble from the air.
我那个时候快要
I was on the rise…
升任军需主任
with the quartermaster,
为同胞们争取更多的咖啡
workin’ on more coffee for me and my buddies.
一架飞过我们上空的战机
A stray Fokker came over the treetops…
向伙食营帐投下了燃♥烧♥弹♥
and dropped an incendiary on the mess tent.
我所有的战友都…
All my buddies…
德军就在我面前的那座山上…
The Kraut banked right in front of me on that hill…
现在我能看见…纳粹党卫军徽章
and now I can… see the…Swastika.
那是唯一一件我放不下的事情
That is one thing that I can’t shake loose…
我所有战友的脸庞还是那么年轻
All my buddies faces are still young.
事情是 我活得越久 他们失去的光阴也越多
And the thing is, the more years I have, the more they’ve lost.
有时不止是战友的脸庞
And it’s not always buddies faces that I see,
还有德军的
sometime they’re German faces.
战争后期我们射杀稚嫩的孩子
Near the end we were shooting moon-faced boys.
我曾是个狙击手
I was a sniper.
在我成长的地方 要学会怎样射击捕食
Where I grew up, you learned how to shoot to hunt food.
他们把我派到前线站哨
They’d post me up front. Darn near ahead of the lines.
我一直坐着…
And I’d sit…forever.
当你坐在那里时你可以看看那是多么精彩的事
It’s an amazing thing what you can see while you’re sittin’.
我会寻找军官 通讯兵或哨兵
I’d look for the officers, the radio guys or artillery spotter.
有时我看见烟雾旁的伏兵
Sometime I’d spot a gun nest by the smoke
我朝它开火
and I’d fire into it.
有时只是树木里的一点移♥动♥
Sometime it was just a movement in the woods.
我们有一个侦察兵
We had a scout,
一个小伙子
a little fella…
名叫科茨
name of Kotz.
从密尔沃基来的波兰人
He was a Polish boy from Milwaukee.
他侦察做得非常好
He’d always take recon and he was darn good at it.
他的侦察救了我们好多次
We went by his word and he saved our skin many a time.
他是个小伙子
He was a little fella…
我们冲出灌木丛
We’d broken out of the hedgerows…
穿过空地
We were making a run across the open
我们到了一片树林
and we come upon a woods.
我们开始交火
We started drawing fire.
我在平时的位置…
I took my usual position…
然后我看见有个东西在移♥动♥ 慢慢的
and I saw something moving, real slow like.
我等了10分钟 它再次移♥动♥时我就开枪了
I waited ten minutes, it moved again and I shot.
然后它停止移♥动♥了
The movement stopped.
第二天我们发现科茨…头部中枪
The next day we found Kotz…head shot.
原来他从前线侦察回来
He’d been workin’ his way back toward our lines.
我们组的所有人都认为是德国狙击手爆了他的头
Everyone in the unit thought a German sniper had taken him…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!