I won’t let you do it!
我看过你的东西 我见识过你的能力
I’ve seen you. I’ve seen what you can do.
你对我太有信心了
You have too much faith in me.
我总是这么说 我总是这么说
I always say this! I always say this. It’s…
对 但这不是建立在…
Yeah, but it’s not… It’s not grounded, like, in…
什么错误的东西之上的 这是因为…
In something false. It’s, you know…
你本来就是
You are! You’re like…
我觉得你…你很聪明
I think you’ve… You’re a bright mind.
你总是有绝妙的点子
You always have intelligent ideas.
你总是对事物
You always have an interesting
有新奇的见解
perspective on things, you know.
但现在不是要拍…
Yeah, but it’s not, you know
外星人打斗 性感的…
alien fighting, sexy, like…
没错 这部不是…
Right, yeah. It’s not… It’s not…
– 这不是未来感的电影 – 对
– It’s not a futuristic film. – No.
嗯 但…一定要这样吗
Yeah, but that… Does it have to be?
一定要有趣吗
Does it have to be to be interesting?
不是 但它要…它不一定要有趣
No, but it has to be as… No, it doesn’t have to be.
但它必须要有点什么
But it just has to be something
才能让人不至于…
that people are not gonna forget as soon as they…
片尾字幕一出来就忘记了
You know, as soon as the credits roll.
对 但我就是觉得
Right, but I just think,
这是从外向内
you know, that’s going the outside in.
我觉得应该去做你想做的
I think focus on what you wanna do.
去拍你想为自己拍的东西
What you wanna make for yourself.
然后如果你自己满意了
And if you’re happy with it, you know…
你知道我在说什么
Yeah, but… Yeah, but you know what I’m saying.
如果你自己满意
If you’re happy with it
你投入了心血
and you’ve put your heart into it,
你会成功的 但如果你总是想着
then it will work out. But if you’re thinking about,
“我希望它会很出色
“Oh, well, I hope it’s impressive
“我希望 你知道…
“and I hope, you know,
“它会和嘉兰丝的电影一样好”
“it will be as good as Garance’s film, and it’s…”
你不需要这样子
You don’t need that, you don’t need that.
你就想着让你高兴的事情
You just think about what makes you happy,
你适合的东西 你感兴趣的东西
what works for you, what you’re interested in.
它就能表达出来 我觉得
And it will translate, I think.
拜拜 亲爱的
To your right, darling.
哦!
Ooh!
你是谁
Who are you?
朱莉
Julie.
请坐
Have a seat.
我之前是安东尼·里弗斯的女朋友
I was, uh, Anthony Reeves’ girlfriend.
你等等 我去确认一下
Wait a minute. I’m gonna check something.
你的皮肤好♥嫩♥
Your skin is very soft.
你很好看
You’re pretty.
安东尼的品味真不错
Anthony has really good taste.
我是说 他之前的品味真不错
I mean, he used to have good taste.
这是他给我的 礼物
He gave me this. His present.
但有时候不灵
But sometimes it doesn’t work.
有时 我得找斯蒂芬帮忙
Sometimes I have to ask Stephen for help.
可以借下你的打火机吗
Can I have your lighter, please?
不了
No.
他来过这里吗
Did he come here
在他去世之前
before he died?
我是指当天
I mean, the day.
怎么了
Why?
我只是不知道那时候他做了什么
I just didn’t know what he did in that time.
因为我离开了
Because I left and…
他一个人待了一个下午
He was by himself for an afternoon,
而我不知道他做了什么 所以…
and I didn’t know what he did, so…
安东尼的事对我的打击太大了
I’m very cut up about what happened to Anthony.
我差点崩溃
Almost destroyed me.
他很特别
He was very special.
我明白你的感受
I know how you feel.
♪ Dexys Midnight Runners – Knowledge of Beauty
– 真不错 李 谢谢 – 不用谢
– Excellent, Lee. Thank you. – No problem.
我去找一下指示牌 然后换掉
I’ll go and find the sign. Change that.
就差那个就完工了
Just that one to do and we’re there.
这应该将会是
This is going to be probably
你在电影学校做的最重要的东西
the most important thing you do at film school.
这是你的毕业电影
This is your graduation film.
当然了 你准备了
And of course you came with
一大堆很有力的影像
a great deal of powerful images
桑德兰的影像
and images of Sunderland,
准备了关于发生在桑德兰的故事
that idea for a story in Sunderland.
里面还探讨了…
And there was an engagement with…
生活…
With life, with…
人们的生活
With people’s lives.
尽管现在还未成形 毕竟还是新手
And although it was unformed, it was early as a filmmaker
尽管我们可以感受到
and although we could sense
你那时候还有其他事情
that there were other things in you at that time
需要进一步开♥发♥
that needed to develop,
但对于现在摆在我面前的剧本
I can’t connect it with this script
我无法产生共鸣
that I have in front of me now.
这些影像…
These images…
这些人物似乎和你也没什么联♥系♥
These characters don’t seem to relate to you.
我是说 是什么东西变了
I mean, what… What has changed?
发生了什么事
Where… What is going on?
发生了什么要去做这样一个新的…
What has happened to produce this new…
那个世界去哪儿了
Where’s, where has that other world gone,
那个桑德兰世界
that Sunderland world?
我不想展现现实中的生活
I don’t wanna show life as it plays out in real time.
我想要展现的是我想象的生活
I wanna show life as I imagine it.
这是电影的意义
That’s what cinema’s all about.
那你想用这样的影像
So what are you telling the audience
告诉观众什么呢
with these images?
它讲的是童话中的 幻想中的感情
It’s about a relationship in a fairy tale, in a fantasy,
希望许多人能够感同身受
that hopefully, many people can relate to
以他们自己的方式
in their own way.
我们想要鼓励创新
We want to encourage innovation,
鼓励年轻电影人找到自己的风格
young filmmakers to find their own voices.
但我们也要鼓励专业
But we also want to encourage professional practice
而当我看到这个剧本时 我不觉得
and I look at this and I don’t see anything that resembles
它和专业的剧本有什么关系
what I think of as a professional script.
我可以问一下
Can I ask what you consider
什么样的剧本是专业的剧本吗
to be a professional script?
首先我会把红色的蝴蝶结拿掉
Well, I’ll leave aside the red bow,
不过在这个阶段 要有一个片名
but at this stage, a title,
虽然你狡猾地写了一个副标题
although you then rather archly have a subtitle,
“艺术即生活”
“Art Is Life.”
但场标也没有
But there are no scene headings.
所以你的理由是…
So… So are we now discussing the layout
剧本的格式吗
of the script as a reason?
格式可以体现出
The layout captures the precision
你在构思项目时的精准度
with which you’re thinking about your project.
这样你也没有办法帮助你的合作伙伴
It’s very unclear how you’re helping your collaborators
去执行你设想的影像
find their way through your proposed set of images.
没法让他们了解你想要拍什么
What it is you’re trying to… To photograph.
而且在这背后 我们更深的担忧是
And then behind that, I think our deeper concern
是不是你思考的时候同样缺乏精准度
is that there’s also a lack of precision about your thinking.
你的意图是什么
What your intentions are.
你想要表达和探究的是什么
What you’re hoping to express and to explore here.
抱歉 朱莉 但…
I’m sorry, Julie, but…
如果你按现在提交的东西去拍的话
If you pursue this film as you present it to us now,
恐怕学校不能支持你
I’m afraid the school cannot support you
也不会支持你
and will not support you.
是不是有技术人员…
Is it… Presumably, there’s a technician who takes the…
会负责拍电影的各种事情
Who actually takes the film things, is it?
没有 不算吧 好吧
Well, no, not really. I mean, yeah,
是有各种箱子和照管它们的人
there’s store cupboards and people that look after…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!