Brigitta.
犸塔
Marta.
葛特儿
Gretl.
现在看看你的耳力如何
Now, let’s see how well you listened.
我想我不用哨子的 舰长
I won’t need to whistle for them, Reverend Captain.
我会叫他们的名字 尤其是有如此美的名字
I mean, I’ll use their names. Such lovely names.
小姐 这是座大房♥子 地方很宽广
Fraulein, this is a large house. The grounds are extensive.
而我不容许任何人在此喊叫
And I will not have anyone shouting.
请你拿这个 学习使用它
You will take this, please. Learn to use it.
孩子们也会帮你的
The children will help you.
我要找你 你会听到这个讯号♥
Now, when I want you, this is what you will hear.
不 很抱歉 先生
Oh, no, sir. I’m sorry, sir!
我绝不会听哨子回报的
I could never answer to a whistle.
哨子是用来召唤动物的 但绝不是对孩子
Whistles are for animals, not for children.
而且绝对不会是我
And definitely not for me.
这是种很大的侮辱
It would be too humiliating.
小姐 你在修道院 也是如此麻烦的吗
Fraulein, were you this much trouble at the abbey?
麻烦得多 先生
Oh, much more, sir.
我不知道你的讯号♥
I don’t know your signal.
你可以叫我舰长
You may call me “captain.”
稍息
At ease.
现在只剩下我们
Now that there’s just us…
请再一次告诉我你们的名字 还有你们的年龄
…would you please tell me all your names again and how old you are.
我叫莉莎 我16岁 我不需要家教
I’m Liesl. I’m 16 years old, and I don’t need a governess.
莉莎 很高兴你告诉我 我们可以做好朋友
I’m glad you told me, Liesl. We’ll just be good friends.
我叫费瑞克 我14岁 我是朽木
I’m Friedrich. I’m 14. I’m impossible.
真的 谁告诉你的 费瑞克
Really? Who told you that, Friedrich?
约瑟芬小姐 前四任教师
Fraulein Josephine. Four governesses ago.
我叫碧姬塔
I’m Brigitta.
你没告诉我你多大 露易莎
You didn’t tell me how old you are, Louisa.
我叫碧姬塔 她叫露易莎
I’m Brigitta. She’s Louisa.
她13岁 而你很聪明
She’s 13 years old, and you’re smart.
我10岁 而我认为你的衣服 是我见过最丑的
I’m 10, and I think your dress is the ugliest one I ever saw.
-碧姬塔 你不该这样说的 -为何
-Brigitta, you shouldn’t say that. -Why not?
-你不认为很丑 -当然
-Don’t you think it’s ugly? -Of course.
但赫德小姐才是最丑的
But Fraulein Helga’s was ugliest.
我是寇特 11岁 我很任性
I’m Kurt. I’m 11. I’m incorrigible.
-恭喜你 -什么是任性
-Congratulations. -What’s “incorrigible”?
那表示你希望 被人当作是小男孩
I think it means you want to be treated like a boy.
我是犸塔 星期二我就7岁了
I’m Marta, and I’m going to be seven on Tuesday.
我爱粉红色阳伞
I’d like a pink parasol.
纷红色也是我的颜色
Pink’s my favorite color too.
是的 你是葛特儿
Yes, you’re Gretl.
而你已经5岁了
And you’re five years old?
天啊 你几乎快成为淑女了
My, you’re practically a lady.
现在我要告诉你们一个秘密 我从未当过家庭教师
I have to tell you a secret. I’ve never been a governess.
你一点也不懂如何当家庭教师
You don’t know anything about being a governess?
一点也不懂 我需要许多建议
Nothing. I’ll need lots of advice.
首先 就是告诉父亲 要他少管闲事
The best way to start is to tell Father to mind his own business.
你绝对不能准时来用餐
Never come to dinner on time.
喝汤也不要太小声
Never eat your soup quietly.
吃甜点时 要擤鼻子
During dessert, always blow your nose.
别听他们说的话 玛利亚小姐
Don’t you believe a word they say, Fraulein Maria.
-为什么 -因为我喜欢你
-Oh, why not? -Because I like you.
孩子们 出去散步
Children, outside for your walk.
父亲的命令 快点
Father’s orders. Hurry up.
快…
Quick, quick, quick.
玛利亚小姐 我是蒙思蜜德 女管家
Fraulein Maria, I’m Frau Schmidt, the housekeeper.
你好
How do you do.
我带你去房♥间 跟我来
I’ll show you to your room. Follow me.
可怜的小东西
Poor little dears.
你运气很好 赫德小姐拿到的是条蛇
You’re very lucky. With Fraulein Helga it was a snake.
晚安
Good evening.
-晚安 孩子们 -晚安 玛利亚小姐
-Good evening, children. -Good evening, Fraulein Maria.
很独特的举止
Enchanting little ritual.
是在修道院学来的吗
Something you learned at the abbey?
不
No.
是风湿
Rheumatism.
对不起 舰长 我们是否忘了向主祷告
Excuse me, captain. Haven’t we forgotten to thank the Lord?
感谢上帝赐给我们一切
For what we receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful.
-阿门 -阿门
-Amen. -Amen.
我要感谢各位
I’d like to thank you all…
今天放在我口袋中的珍贵礼物
…for the precious gift you left in my pocket today.
是什么礼物
What gift?
这是我和孩子们之间的秘密
It’s a secret between the children and me.
那我建议你就留着 让我们可以吃饭
Then I suggest you keep it, and let us eat.
我了解陌生人在新家庭里
Knowing how nervous I must have been…
会是有多么紧张
…a stranger in a new household…
了解能被接受 会是多么重要的事
…knowing how important it was for me to feel accepted…
你们使我感到多么温暖
…it was so kind and thoughtful of you to make my first moments here…
快乐和…
…so warm and happy…
欢悦
…and pleasant.
-犸塔 你怎么了 -没事
-What is the matter, Marta? -Nothing.
小姐
Fraulein…
是不是每餐饭
…is it to be at every meal or merely at dinnertime…
你都想要让我们
…that you intend leading us through this rare and wonderful new world…
消化不良
…of indigestion?
不 舰长 他们只是很高兴
They’re all right, captain. They’re just happy.
-劳夫 晚安 -晚安 福兰斯
-Rolfe, good evening. -Good evening, Franz.
-一切正常吗 -是的
-I trust everything is under control? -Yes, yes.
-有何进展吗 -或许
-Are there any developments? -Perhaps.
-舰长在不在 -他在用晚餐
-Is the captain home? -He’s at dinner.
-和他的家人 -是的
-With the family? -Yes.
请立刻把电报交给他
Give him this telegram at once.
没问题
Certainly.
您的电报 先生
A telegram for you, sir.
福兰斯 谁送来的
Franz? Who delivered it?
当然是劳夫了
That young lad Rolfe, of course.
父亲 我能先告退吗
Father, may I be excused?
孩子们 明早我必须去维也纳
Children, in the morning I shall be going to Vienna.
怎么又来了 父亲
Not again, Father!
这次你要去多久 父亲
How long will you be gone this time?
我不确定 葛特儿
I’m not sure, Gretl.
-是不是去看史蕾特男爵夫人 -少管闲事
-To visit Baroness Schraeder again? -Mind your own business!
事实上 是的 露易莎
As a matter of fact, yes, Louisa.
-为何我们总见不到男爵夫人呢 -为何她要见你
-Why can’t we ever see the baroness? -Why would she want to see you?
你会见到她的
You are going to see the baroness.
我要带她回来这里 和大家认识
I’m bringing her back with me to visit.
还有麦斯伯伯
And Uncle Max.
麦伯伯
Uncle Max!
劳夫
Rolfe!
哦 劳夫
Oh, Rolfe!
-不 莉莎 我们不能 -为何 傻瓜
-No, Liesl. We mustn’t! -Why not, silly?
-我不知道 -你在此不是为了等我吗
-I don’t know… -Isn’t this why you’re waiting?
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
-我想你 莉莎 -有吗 有多想
-I’ve missed you, Liesl. -You have? How much?
好多 我甚至想给你送电报 让我好来此地
I even thought of sending a telegram, so I’d be able to deliver it here.
那是很美好的想法 你为何不做呢 就现在吧
Oh, that’s a lovely thought! Why don’t you, right now?
-但是我就在此啊 -拜托 劳夫 送给我电报吧
-But I’m here! -Please, Rolfe. Send me a telegram.
我为你起稿 “亲爱的莉莎…”
I’ll start it for you. “Dear Liesl…”
亲爱的莉莎 我很想要告诉你…
“Dear Liesl: I’d like to be able to tell you…
我对你的感觉 完结
…how I feel about you. Stop.
很不幸 电报费用太贵了
Unfortunately, this wire is already too expensive.
真挚的劳夫
Sincerely, Rolfe.”
-真挚 -衷心的
-“Sincerely”? -Cordially.
-衷心的 -深情的
-“Cordially”? -Affectionately?
会不会有回电
Will there be any reply?
亲爱的劳夫 完结
“Dear Rolfe: Stop.
不要完结 你的莉莎
Don’t stop! Your Liesl.”
如果我们不用等别人 给父亲打电报才能见面就好了
If only we didn’t have to wait for someone to send Father a telegram.
我如何知道何时才能见到你