他说:“我很想听听你的想法。”但如果你的想法很糟糕……
Said, “Love to hear what you come up with,” but if it’s terrible…
如果他们说:“我们还没听说过,
It’d be crazy if they said, “We haven’t heard it,
-“但你得到了。”完全。
-“but you got it.” -Totally.
这是一次试镜。它应该一直在。
It was an audition. It should’ve been.
最糟糕的是,如果他们没有选择,你会想:“我本可以做得更好。”
The worst is if they don’t choose it, you think, “I could’ve done a better job.”
至少在我们的情况下,我想,
At least in our case, I was like,
-“我喜欢这首歌♥。”-我们尽力了。
-“I love this song.” -We did our best.
“如果他们不选择,也没关系,但这是我们能做的最好的了。”
“If they don’t choose it, that’s okay, but this is the best we could do.”
这是可怕的。我们两个月都没听到任何消息。
It was awesome. We didn’t hear anything for two months.
然后他们说,“飞到伦敦去。看电影,和汉斯一起工作。”
Then they were like, “Fly to London. See the movie and work with Hans,”
这是可怕的。所以酷。
-which was awesome. -So cool.
所以坏蛋。-但什么都听不到真是太疯狂了,
-So badass. -But it was crazy to not hear anything,
然后,“上飞机吧。”
then, “Get on a plane.”
我很高兴我们有人才。
I’m happy when we get talent.
人才也很好。
And the talent’s good.
幸运的是,当我在做这件事的时候,它是不可思议的。
And it has, fortunately, been incredible while I’ve been doing it.
我想要我们能得到的最好的歌♥曲和最好的分数。
I want the best song and the best score that we can get.
我觉得很幸运能和我们的天才一起工作。
I felt very lucky to work with the talent that we had.
当你参与邦德音乐时,
When you take part in Bond music,
你很清楚你要面对的历史。
you’re very aware of the history of what you’re getting into.
你是指挥棒的负责人,但就一小会儿,
You are in charge of the baton, but just for a little while,
然后你把它传给下一条腿。
then you’re handing it on to the next leg.
我认为最成功的邦德得分
I think that the most successful Bond scores
是那些无缝结合了邦德主题元素的电影吗
are those that seamlessly combine elements of the Bond theme
然后新故事需要什么新音乐。
and then whatever new music the new story requires.
实例的数量
The number of instances
邦德主题多年来不断被重温
of the Bond theme being revisited through the years
是非凡的。
is just extraordinary.
这在电影音乐史上绝对是独一无二的。
It’s absolutely unique in the history of film music.
好,大家好。
Well, hi there.
(生死主题游戏)
(LIVE AND LET DIE THEME PLAYING)
当你听到乔治·马丁的安排,
When you hear George Martin’s arrangement,
这是一个比我们之前听到的更硬的摇滚版本。
it’s a much harder-edged rock version than we’d heard before.
(爱我的间谍主题曲)
(THE SPY WHO LOVED ME THEME PLAYING)
当马文·哈姆利什(Marvin Hamlisch)演奏时,它带来了迪斯科和Studio 54的声音
When Marvin Hamlisch does it, it brings the sound of disco and Studio 54
进入邦德的世界。
into the world of Bond.
(明日不死主题曲)
(TOMORROW NEVER DIES THEME PLAYING)
当大卫·阿诺德更新主题时,
And when David Arnold updates the theme,
他在音乐中加入了一点电子乐,
he throws a little techno into the mix,
邦德不仅是管弦乐,也是电子音乐。
making Bond not only orchestral, but also electronic.
经典的声音,现代的方法。
Classic sound, modern approach.
当然,在《无暇赴死》中,
And, of course, in No Time To Die,
詹姆斯·邦德的主题被巧妙地解构了
the James Bond theme is brilliantly deconstructed
所以整部电影都有这样的元素。
so that there are elements of it throughout the film.
导演比任何人都更有动作片经验。
Done by somebody with more experience with action pictures than anybody.
Hans Zimmer。
Hans Zimmer.
这对你来说可能是噪音,但对我们来说,这是谋生。
It might be noise to you, but to us, it’s making a living.
汉斯·季默,他非常热衷于引入很多老主题。
Hans Zimmer, he was very keen to bring in a lot of the old theme.
他说:“这很好。我们将使用它。”
He was like, “It’s good. We’ll use it.”
但他又加上了汉斯·季默。
But then he adds Hans Zimmer to it.
在这个新项目中,齐默非常精通邦德音乐的历史。
Zimmer comes to this new project well-versed in the history of Bond music.
我想我从没听过邦德的主题曲
I don’t think I’d ever heard the Bond theme
在迄今为止的任何一部邦德电影中都使用了这种聪明和创造性的方式。
used in such clever and creative ways in any Bond film to date.
人们想要的是那种熟悉感,
What people want is that sense of familiarity,
但转了一下,这样它就能以稍微不同的方式捕捉光线。
but turned so it catches the light in a slightly different way.
我们俩都想到…
It occurred to both of us that the…
你不能把它放进《天幕杀机》里。它太外向了。
You couldn’t put that into Skyfall. It was just too outgoing.
所以问题是,
So the issue was,
你怎么在计时器不转到11的情况下认识邦德?
how do you acknowledge Bond without the meter going to 11?
我认为你失去了勇气。
I think you lost your nerve.
那你想要什么,该死的道歉吗?
Well, what do you expect, a bloody apology?
你知道游戏规则。你玩得够久了。
You know the rules of the game. You’ve been playing it long enough.
汤姆一直在想办法把邦德的主题融入其中。
Tom was looking all the time for ways to weave the Bond theme in.
《大破天幕杀机》的开头便是一个很好的例子。
A good example is at the beginning of Skyfall.
丹尼尔的模糊身影出现在走廊的尽头。
Daniel’s out-of-focus figure appears at the end of the corridor.
有一个黄铜印♥章♥…
There’s that brass stamp…
你会说,“我加入。”
And you’re like, “I’m in.”
他回来了!詹姆斯·邦德回来了!
He’s back! James Bond is back!
这就是这个想法的伟大之处。
That’s what’s great about the idea.
有些时刻是球迷们喜欢的。
There are those moments that the fans love.
你知道他们会喜欢的,因为很有趣。
You know they’re gonna love it ’cause they’re plain fun.
我们已经接受了60年的训练
We’ve been trained for 60 years
来识别音乐与邦德电影的关系
to recognize what the music is doing with the Bond films
在某种程度上,这与其他长♥期♥运营的游戏不同。
in a way that is not the case with any other long-running franchise.
《皇家赌场》的构思是拯救邦德主题
In Casino Royale, the conception is to save the Bond theme
在电影的最后。
for the very end of the movie.
《皇家赌场》的重点就在于这个男人成为
The whole point of Casino Royale was about this man who becomes
那个我们都熟悉并希望爱上的詹姆斯·邦德。
the James Bond we all have come to know and hopefully love.
所以他赢得这个主题对我们来说非常重要。
So it was very important to us that he earned that theme.
显然,电影公♥司♥非常关心这个问题。
The studio were very concerned about it, obviously.
让他们有点担心的是,
The thing that maybe worried them slightly was,
“我们为什么要看一部没有主题的007电影?”
“Why are we watching a James Bond film without the theme?”
他们认为这对观众来说是智力上的一步,
They thought that was an intellectual step too far for an audience,
他们不会理解的。
that they wouldn’t understand.
第一,你有一个全新的邦德。
Number one, you have a brand-new Bond.
没人见过丹尼尔·克雷格这么做。
Nobody’s seen Daniel Craig do this before.
所以我的想法是,
So the thought was,
“也许我们需要邦德的主题来提醒我们他是谁。”
“Maybe we need the Bond theme to remind us of who he is.”
我的对位,
My counterpoint was,
我们不能抢在詹姆斯·邦德的前面,
we can’t be ahead of where James Bond is in the film,
但是什么更有趣呢
but what would be more interesting
整部电影都在戏弄这些元素。
would be teasing those elements throughout the film.
当他第一次在浴室穿上燕尾服…
When he first puts on the tuxedo in the bathroom…
他在镜子里看到自己,思考自己。
and he sees himself and considers himself in the reflection.
在那个镜头里,你想到的是另外20部电影。
And in that shot, you’re thinking about 20 other movies.
你在想你以前看过的所有穿燕尾服的邦德。
You’re thinking about all the other times you’ve seen Bond in a tuxedo.
我们看着他的眼神好像在说”他越来越近了”
We’re looking at him like, “He’s getting closer.”
最后,他第一次说台词的时候,
Then at the end, the first time he says the line,
就有机会说,“邦德。詹姆斯·邦德。”
there’s been an opportunity to say, “Bond. James Bond.”
欢迎光临辉煌饭店。你的名字吗,先生?
Welcome to the Hotel Splendide. Your name, sir?
詹姆斯·邦德。您可以在“海滩”下找到预订。
James Bond. You’ll find the reservation under “Beach.”
点饮料也是一样。
Same with ordering the drink.
伏特加马提尼。
Vodka martini.
摇动或搅拌?你觉得我在乎吗?
Shaken or stirred? Do I look like I give a damn?
所以我们在这部电影中已经摆脱了传统。
So we are done with convention in this film.
然后,就在最后,怀特先生说:“你是谁?”
Then, right at the end, when Mr. White says, “Who are you?”
他说:“我叫邦德。詹姆斯·邦德。”
He says, “The name’s Bond. James Bond.”
我们已经等了两个小时了。
We’ve been waiting two hours for that.
所以当怀特先生下了车,
So when Mr. White gets out of his car,
我并不是在扮演怀特先生的遭遇。
I’m not really playing what’s happening to Mr. White.
我们现在站在观众这一边,
We’re on the audience’s side now,
等着这一切发生。
waiting for this to happen.
-你好吗?男人:怀特先生。
-Hello? -MAN: Mr. White.
我们得谈谈。
We need to talk.
这是谁?
Who is this?
他的膝盖中枪了。
He gets shot in the knee.
他上楼来了。
He’s coming up the steps.
里面甚至有一个小手鼓,这是邦德主题的著名节奏。
There’s even a tambourine in it, the famous rhythm for the Bond theme.
然后长号♥吹响。
Then the trombones start.
然后你看到邦德的脚在台阶上向他爬去。
Then you see Bond’s feet on the steps as he crawls up towards him.
所以你知道你在朝着这个时刻前进。
So you know you’re kind of careering towards this moment.
我们需要得到它。我们需要许可。
And we need access to it. We need permission.
名称的债券。
The name’s Bond.
詹姆斯·邦德。
James Bond.
我在电影院看了三四遍,所有人都疯了。
I’ve seen it three or four times in the cinema, and everyone went nuts.
我都没写过,你知道的。
I didn’t even write it, you know.
我所做的就是把它放在一个能让它发生的位置上。
All I did was position it in such a way that enabled that to happen.
《皇家赌场》片尾詹姆斯·邦德主题曲的录音
The recording of the James Bond theme at the end of Casino Royale
是我做过的所有电影中最令人兴奋的录音经历。
was the most exciting recording experience I’d had in any film I’d done.
乐队在等待那一刻,
The band were waiting for that moment,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!