去不去我都不会放个屁 明白吗
I do not give a smooth fart if we go or not. Do you understand?
我还有许多其他的事情要做
There are a million other things I could be doing right now.
人们付我钱让我尽我的职责
Obligations, things that people pay me to do.
我有工作 我是专业人士
I have a job. I’m a professional person.
-对不起 -没关系
– Sorry. – All right.
什么
What?
我还是不能把小车丢下
Still not gonna leave my cart here.
好吧
Okay.
你来掌舵
Pick a side.
公♥司♥可以提供给你一个很大的包裹
The company is offering you a very generous exit package.
是的
Yeah.
-我知道这有多难 -等等
– I understand how difficult this is. – Wait!
好吧
Right.
很不幸 这就是我们的工作
Unfortunately, this is the reality of our business.
纳撒尼尔 左拐上去
Nathaniel, hard left coming up right here.
洛佩兹先生 您没事吧
Mr. Lopez, are you okay?
你有多久没看过音乐会了
How long has it been since you’ve been in a concert hall?
太棒了
This is great.
那是指挥
There’s the conductor.
-只有我们 -是啊 只有我们
– Just us. – Yeah, just us.
本来就该这样
It’s the way it should be.
-他在这里 -谁在这里
– He’s in the room. – Who is?
贝多芬
Beethoven.
唱出你的愤怒
Sing the hate out!
别闹了
Stop.
-好吧 -好强的结束动作
– All right. – Strong finish!
上去吧
Get up there.
我告诉你 那是一段不可思议的经历
I’m telling you, it was such an unbelievable experience,
那一天的事
The whole thing, the whole day.
如果你见到他 你也会感受到他…
And if you had seen him, if you could have felt him…
我是说 我们在同一个剧场里
I mean, it’s the same hall.
我们听着同样的音乐 可是…不是这样
We’re listening to the same goddamn music, but… but no.
你看着他 是一回事 可是你感受到他…
You see him, it’s one thing, but you feel him…
我关注着他 而他则关注着音乐
I’m watching him. He’s watching the music.
当他们演奏的时候 我想
And while they’re playing, I say,
“上帝啊 一定有天堂”
“My God, there is something higher out there.
“一定有天堂 他住在那里 他和上帝同在”
“Something higher out there, and he lives in it, and he’s with it. ”
我从没有过那样的经历 我只能说…
I’ve never even experienced it, but I can tell…
你们管那东西叫什么
I don’t even know what you fucking call it.
-优雅 -什么 叫什么
– Grace. – What? What is it?
-优雅 -好吧 优雅吗
– Grace. – All right. That’s grace?
-是的 -谢谢
– Yeah. – Thank you.
像那样和他在一起
To be there with him like that
看着他表达出自己情绪
And see the way that he is transported. He surrenders.
可恶 亲爱的
Damn it, Honey.
我是说 我从没像他爱音乐那样爱过什么
I mean, I’ve never loved anything the way that he loves music.
算了吧 我想的可是我那一天的经历
Hey, come on. I’m thinking about my day.
我在想那一天 不是在想你
I’m thinking about my day. I wasn’t thinking about you.
我知道 亲爱的
That I believe, Honey.
给市长打个电♥话♥ 他在找你
Call the mayor. He’s been trying to reach you.
-哪个市长 -就这个市长
– Which mayor? – The mayor!
好的
Okay.
给市长打电♥话♥
Call the mayor.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
“西部焦点” 由弗兰克·新纳特拉报道
“Points west” by Frank Sinatra.
有的时候 在这个充满错误的城市里
Every now and then, in this city of innumerable wrongs,
有权人会想把事情变好
The powers that be get things right.
洛杉矶有全国最大的
Los Angeles has the ignominious distinction
流浪人士居住区
Of being the homeless capital of the nation,
贫民窟是危机的根源
And skid row is ground zero of the crisis.
所以 我很高兴的宣布
So, I am pleased to announce
我将会把用于这一区域的财政开支
That I am increasing the city’s financial commitment to this area
增加5千万美元
By $50 million.
有的时候
Every now and then,
我写的东西并不是毫无价值
The words I write do not leap straight from this page to the ether.
相反的 有时候
Instead, every now and then,
他们会在合适的时候遇到合适的读者
They reach the right reader at the right time.
有的时候 那些官员的心灵 思想 和钱包
Every now and then, the hearts, minds and wallets
都会敞开
Of the city’s officials open simultaneously.
而那个时候
And when that happens, every now and then,
这个城市会变的更好
The city is a better place for it.
-史蒂夫 -什么事
– Steve. – Yeah?
你的男友在楼下
Your boyfriend is downstairs.
谢谢
Thank you.
真有趣
That’s funny.
-纳撒尼尔 你没事吧 -我很好
– Nathaniel? You all right? – I’m good.
-真的吗 -真的
– Yeah? – Yeah.
你需要点什么吗
You need something?
一个人只需要他能承受的 洛佩兹先生
A man only needs what he can carry, Mr. Lopez,
我这儿什么都有 我有被褥
And I have all I can carry right here. I have my bedding.
-我有鼓 有花 -是啊
– I have my drums. I have my flower. – Yeah. Okay.
-有水瓶 什么都有 -听着 听着
– I have my water bottle. I have it all. – Hey, listen, listen. Listen.
你不能住在这儿
You can’t hang out here.
-不能? -你不能在这儿待着
– I can’t? – You can’t hang out here.
不能 不好意思
You can’t. Sorry.
我不介意 洛佩兹先生 一点儿都不
I don’t mind that at all, Mr. Lopez. Not at all.
你明白 对吗 这是规定
You understand, right? It’s a… it’s a thing. Policy.
-如果你需要 我就过来 -你要去那边吗
– I’ll be over here if you need me. – Over there?
好吧 你没事吧
Okay. You all right?
我没事…没事
Yeah, I just… you know, I… yeah.
不好意思 我得走了
Sorry. I gotta…
好吧 洛佩兹先生 我完全明白你在工作
All right, Mr. Lopez, I completely understand that you’re working.
你在工作 你得工作 人们都得工作
You’re working. You have to work. People have to work.
别人工作的时候不要去打扰他
All right, get out of the way when people are working,
因为你不想打扰别人
Because you don’t wanna stand out there
特别是洛佩兹先生
In front of people, especially not Mr. Lopez.
你打扰了洛佩兹先生 他会请你离开
You stand in front of Mr. Lopez, He’s gonna tell you to get out of here.
这就是工作
So, it’s a lot of work.
-我觉得他很棒 真的 -我知道…
– I think he’s good. You know, I really do. – I’m sure…
我是说这很棒…我想这真的有用
I mean, I just… this is great. I think… I think it’ll really help.
我觉得你就是他需要的那个人
I feel like you are exactly what he needs.
谢谢你
Well, Thank you.
-我说的有道理吗 -有道理
– Does that make sense? – Yes, it does.
-格雷厄姆·克莱登 非常感谢 -不客气
– Graham Claydon. Thank you. – At your service.
我们需要个地方让他们见面 排练 比如公♥寓♥
All we need is a place for them to meet and rehearse, like an apartment.
你在为纳撒尼尔争取一间公♥寓♥?
You’re asking for an apartment for Nathaniel?
-是的 -他想要公♥寓♥吗 谢谢
– Yeah. – Does he want an apartment? Thanks.
-是的 -是他告诉你的吗
– Yes. – And he told you this?
-是的 -你真是个蠢货 洛佩兹
– Yes. – You’re so full of shit, Lopez.
-我不想要公♥寓♥ -很好 因为那不是公♥寓♥
– I don’t want an apartment. – Good, ’cause it’s not.
那其实是一个音乐工作室
It’s actually a music studio
克莱登先生在那儿给你上大提琴课
For Mr. Claydon to give you the cello lessons.
那为什么不让克莱登先生来这儿
Well, why don’t we have Mr. Claydon come down here?
这个隧♥道♥是个很好的演奏之地
This is a perfect place to play in, the tunnel.
克莱登先生可不喜欢隧♥道♥
No, Mr. Claydon doesn’t like tunnels.
我们可以请克莱登先生来这儿上课
We’ll just have Mr. Claydon come here to do the lesson.
-他说他需要一个… -好吧…
– He says it has to be quiet. – Well…
安静的地方上大提琴课 所以你的公♥寓♥…
It has to be quiet for the cello lessons, so your apartment…
不是我的公♥寓♥
It’s not my apartment.
我知道 我知道 那公♥寓♥不是你的
I know. I know. The apartment that belongs to no one.
我没有公♥寓♥ 我也不想在公♥寓♥里
I don’t have an apartment. I don’t wanna be in an apartment.
我不需要公♥寓♥
I don’t need an apartment.
贝多芬生活在新鲜的空气里
Beethoven lives out in the freshness of the air.
纳撒尼尔 公♥寓♥并不是重点
Nathaniel, the apartment is not the point.
他是洛杉矶的指挥
He’s the leader of Los Angeles.
-这是个机会 -洛杉矶的意思就是天使…
– It’s an opportunity. – “Angeles” means “Angels. ” you can’t…
-你不能让天使下凡 -你想要这个机会吗
– You can’t hold down angels. – Do you want the opportunity?
-你不能禁锢天使 -住嘴
– You can’t clip angels. – Stop.
-你想要这个机会吗 -你有公♥寓♥吗
– Do you want an opportunity or not? – Do you have an apartment?
没有 我只是有个房♥子
No. I have a house.