不管怎样 很高兴见到你
Anyway, nice to meet you.
你知道它是怎么运到这儿的吗
Do you have any idea how it got here?
-不知道 -也许他们晚上丢到这儿的
– No. – Maybe they dropped it off late at night.
因为它几个小时一直这样惊奇地坐在这儿…
‘Cause it’s just astonishing to sit here for hours and just…
一直盯着看
Just gaze at it.
-它让我心服口服 -不知道
– It… it just blows me away. – No idea.
真的让我很服
It really blows me away
洛杉矶一定有像贝多芬一样优秀的领导者
That someone as great as Beethoven was the leader of Los Angeles.
是啊
Yeah.
我是洛杉矶时报的史蒂夫·洛佩兹
I’m Steve Lopez, LA Times.
-洛佩兹 L-O-P-E-Z -对
– Lopez, L-O-P-E-Z? – Yeah.
洛佩兹 洛杉矶时报的洛佩兹先生
Lopez, Los Angeles Times. Mr. Lopez.
你叫什么名字
What’s your name?
小纳撒尼尔·安东尼·艾尔斯
Nathaniel Anthony Ayers Junior.
N-A-T-H-A-N-I-E-L A-N-T-H-O-N-Y
N-A-T-H-A-N-I-E-L A-N-T-H-O-N-Y
A-Y-E-R-S J-U-N-I-O-R
A-Y-E-R-S J-U-N-I-O-R.
也可以缩写成Jr.
Or J-R-period.
很抱歉我的外表有点怪 我遭遇曲折
I apologize for my appearance. I’ve had a few setbacks.
我也是
Me, too.
南希 保罗 还有克雷格 他们都是谁
Who are Nancy, Paul, and Craig?
他们是我在茱莉亚音乐学院的同学
Those were my classmates at Juilliard.
下午好 茱莉亚音乐学院
Good afternoon, Juilliard school.
请转一下注册办公室
Registrar’s office, please.
怎么了
What’s up?
高度机密 不能告诉你
It’s highly classified. I can’t tell you.
-多少 -比我们能承受的要多
– How many? – More than we can afford to lose.
终于还是这样了
Evidently, it goes like this.
股票价格下跌 我们记者也离职了
Stock price sinks, we lose reporters.
下跌得越厉害 离职的记者就越多
Stock price sinks more, we lose more reporters.
迟早会歇业的…
That won’t produce more or less…
你好 我是洛杉矶时报的
Hi, this is Steve Lopez
史蒂夫·洛佩兹
from the LA Times.
我想找一下
I’m calling to enquire
你们学校有没有叫
As to whether a
纳撒尼尔·安东尼·艾尔斯的
Nathaniel Anthony Ayers attended your school.
A-Y-E-R-S 麻烦了
A-Y-E-R-S. I’m sorry.
该死的童锁
Freaking child lock.
-我们的孩子怎么样 -他很好
– How is our son, by the way? – He’s good.
他喜欢他的课程 喜欢那些娘娘腔同学
He likes his classes. He likes his pre-gay roommate.
你应该给他打个电♥话♥
You should call him.
-我打了 -撒谎
– I call him. – Is a lie.
我给他打电♥话♥了 但他没回
I call him. He doesn’t call me back.
-他给我回了 -玛丽…
– He calls me back. – Mary…
-再试试 -好的 玛丽
– Just try again. – Yes, Mary.
-好的 玛丽 -好的 好的 史蒂夫
– Yes, Mary. – Yes. Yes, Steve.
-我要打电♥话♥ -很好
– I gotta take this call. – Great.
-因为我还没有故事可写 -记得给他打电♥话♥
– Because I don’t have a story. Hello? – Call him.
抱歉 我们学院没有
I’m sorry, we have no record
纳撒尼尔·安东尼·艾尔斯入学记录
Of a Nathaniel Anthony Ayers ever attending Juilliard.
真的吗
Really?
那样我就没有故事可写了
But then I don’t have a story.
感谢你的配合
Thanks for checking.
我不想写关于血液的那件事
I’m not doing the blood thing.
我有很多其他的好主意
I got too many other good ideas.
我爸爸如果知道我遇见你 会大吃一惊的
My Dad is gonna freak when he finds out I met you.
他非常喜欢你的专栏
He loves your column.
那你呢
What about you?
-我不大看报纸 -是吗
– Well, I don’t really read the newspaper. – Sure.
但如果我看的话…
But when I do…
不会是都要我的血吧
Hey! Those aren’t all for me, are they?
还要一撮头发和你的尿液
I’m also going to need a clump of hair and some urine.
那很简单
That’s easy.
-好了 -好的
– All right. – Okay.
攥起拳头
Make a fist for me.
快点
Come on.
该死
Crap.
-我是洛佩兹 -洛佩兹先生?
– Lopez. – Mr. Lopez?
是啊 你能不能等一下
Yeah, can you just hold on one second?
我有点技术上的问题
I’m having a little technical difficulty here.
我是茱莉亚音乐学院的洛希·德尔加多
This is Rosie Delgado from the Juilliard school.
洛佩兹先生?
Mr. Lopez?
我在 你说吧
Yes. Please continue.
昨天通话后 发现我只查找了毕业生的记录
After we spoke yesterday, I realized I only checked our graduates.
所以我又查了入学名单 有个叫…
So I looked in our matriculates, and there he was.
纳撒尼尔·安东尼·艾尔斯的
Nathaniel Anthony Ayers
是1970年被录取的
enrolled in 1970
大学2年级就辍学了
And he dropped out toward the end of his second year.
谢谢
Thank you.
“西部焦点” 由史蒂夫·洛佩兹报道
“Points West” by Steve Lopez.
首次与纳撒尼尔见面时 他很害羞
Nathaniel was shy in our first encounter.
他后退着…然后离开了
He stepped back… he backed away.
他…纳撒尼尔是谁呢
He… Nathaniel is… is what?
纳撒尼尔是…伟大栏目的主角
Nathaniel is… a great column is what Nathaniel is.
纳撒尼尔就这样消失了
Nathaniel is missing.
该死的
Son of a bitch.
-浣熊干的 -是吗
– Raccoons. – Oh, yeah?
-它们干的好事 -天啊
– That’s the culprit. – Oh, boy.
它们在干什么 吃草吗
What are they doing? They eat the grass?
吃草里的虫子
No, they eat the worms in the grass.
吃草里的虫子?
They eat the worms in the grass?
是啊 我们也被侵犯了 一片狼藉
Yeah, we had them. It’s a god-awful mess.
-想知道怎么对付吗 -想啊
– Wanna know how I got rid of them? – Yes.
郊狼的尿
Coyote urine.
-是吗 郊狼的尿? -真的 粉末状的
– Wow. Coyote urine? – Seriously. In powdered form.
-很独特啊 -是一个产业
– Remarkable. – It’s a whole industry, you know.
有意思
Funny.
-顺便说一下 我叫尼尔 -好的
– Hey, I’m Neil, by the way. – Okay.
不安 焦躁 过度兴奋
Anxiety, restlessness, euphoria.
如果你正经历这一切…
If you’re experiencing…
我宁愿每晚翻来覆去
I would spend every night tossing and turning…
好吧 那应该怎么用呢
Wow. Okay, and what is the proper method of application?
是应该在院子里撒点儿吗
Should I sprinkle it in the yard?
首先 把粉末状的尿稀释溶化到水里
First, you wanna dilute the urine powder in water.
-等一下 可以不稀释吗 -或许我应该说”必须”
– Wait, I want to? – Well, maybe I should say “have to. ”
之后你要将这液体放到塑料袋里挂树上
And then you’re gonna have to hang the liquid from trees in plastic bags.
加州南部的所有人都这样吗
So, people are doing this all over Southern California?
是的 先生 上个月我刚卖♥♥给宝拉·阿巴杜
Oh, yes, Sir. Last month, I sold some to .
没卖♥♥给西蒙·考威尔? 因为那个人很有趣
But no Simon Cowell? ‘Cause that would be exciting. Figure?
待会儿再打给你
I’m gonna call you back a little later.
你好 纳撒尼尔
Hey, Nathaniel.
还记得我吗
Remember me?
抱歉
Sorry.
你演奏完了以后 稍停一下好吗
Maybe have a minute when you’re done?
告诉我一下
Let me know.
我看见你了 所以…
I just saw you, so I…
没什么
Nothing.
史蒂夫·洛佩兹先生
Mr. Steve Lopez,
洛杉矶时报 加州洛杉矶
Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles, California.
你好 纳撒尼尔
Hey, Nathaniel.
我一直在找贝多芬先生
I’ve been searching for Mr. Beethoven,
但他却像梦境一样溜走了
But he’s slipping away like a dream.
我努力恢复健康 但我没有乐谱
I’m trying to get back into shape, but I don’t have any sheet music.
贝多芬的弦乐四重奏曲 59号♥作品 1号♥乐曲
Beethoven’s string quartet, opus 59, number 1,
小提琴协奏曲 61号♥作品D大调
Violin concerto, opus 61 in D,
第五号♥协奏曲 73号♥作品降E大调 红车 绿车
5th concerto, opus 73 in E flat, red car, green car,
来了一辆警车 上帝正站在墙的另一边
There goes a police car, and God is right on the other side of that wall.
我得挖个洞来掩埋人类的排泄物
I had to dig a hole to bury some human defecation.
但是他们没有人的尊严…
But they didn’t have the human decency…
我一直在找你
I was looking for you.
-用适当的设施 -我发现你搬家了
– …to use the proper facilities. – I noticed that you’ve moved.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!