你知道中国的天才人数
Did you know there are more people with genius IQs living in China
比美国所有人都要多吗
than there are people of any kind living in the United States?
这不可能
That can’t possibly be true.
是真的
That is.
这怎么可能呢
What would account for that?
首先 中国人口多
Well first of all, a lot of people live in China.
但我的问题是
But here’s my question:
你如何能让自己在一群SAT[美国高考]
How do you distinguish yourself
考试中都拿满分的人中突显出来呢
in a population of people who all got 1600 on their SAT’s?
我不知道中国学生也要考SAT
I didn’t know they take SAT in China.
他们不用 我没在说中国了 我说我自己
They don’t, I wasn’t talking about China anymore, I was talking about me.
你考了一千六百分满分吗
You got a 1600?
没错 我可以去试试合唱团
Yes. I can sing in a a capella group.
但我没有音乐天赋
But I can’t sing.
你考试真的一题都没错吗
Does that mean that you actually got nothing wrong?
我还可以试着参加赛艇队
I can row crew or
或者发明二十五美元电脑
invent a 25 dollar PC.
或者你可以加入终极俱乐部
Or you get into a final club.
没错
Or I get into a final club.
你知道从一个女人的角度看
You know from a woman’s perspective
不参加美声合唱团说不定是件好事
sometimes not being in an a capella group can be a good thing.
我是认真的
This is serious.
另一方面 我倒的确喜欢赛艇队的男生
On the other hand, I do like guys who row crew.
可我不会划船
Well I can’t do that.
我开玩笑的
I was kidding.
是的 我考试一题没错
Yes. I got nothing wrong on the test.
你试过划船吗
Have you ever tried?
我现在就在尝试
I’m trying right now.
加入赛艇队吗
To row crew?
加入终极俱乐部 你怎么又说回赛艇队去了
To get into a final club. To row crew?
才不呢 你是不是有点妄想症啊
No. Are you, like-whatever-delusional?
可能有时候是你同时谈论两件事情
Maybe it’s just sometimes, you say two things at once
我都不知道该回答什么了
and I’m not sure which one I’m supposed to be aiming at.
你见过赛艇队的那些人 对吧
But you’ve seen guys who row crew, right?
没见过
No.
好吧 他们比我高大
Okay, well, they are bigger than me.
他们都是世界级的运动员
They’re world-class athletes.
你刚才还说你喜欢赛艇队的男生来着
And a second ago you said you like guys who row crew
所以我认为你是见过他们的
so I assumed you’d met one.
我想我说的是喜欢赛艇队男生这主意不错
I guess I meant I like the idea of it.
就像女孩子都喜欢牛仔一样
You know like the way girl likes cowboys.
好吧
Okay.
我们要不要点东西吃啊
Should we get something to eat?
你是不是想谈论点儿别的事情呢
Would you rather talk about something else?
没有 只是从讨论终极俱乐部开始
No, it’s just that since the beginning of the
我们就没完没了说个不停
conversation about finals club I think I may have missed a birthday.
中国天才的人数
There are really more people in China
真的多过美国总人口吗
with genius IQs than the entire population of…?
凤♥凰♥俱乐部是最多样化的
The Phoenix is the most diverse.
还有飞翔俱乐部
The Fly Club,
罗斯福加入了坡斯廉俱乐部
Roosevelt punched the Porc.
哪个罗斯福
Which one?
坡斯廉俱乐部 简称坡斯廉 是最顶尖的
The Porcellian, the Porc, it’s the best of the best.
我其实问的是哪个罗斯福
Which Roosevelt.
西奥多·罗斯福
Theodore.
他们是不是真的派公共汽车
Is it true they send a bus around
去接要和下任央行行长派对的女孩啊
to pick up girls who want to party with the next Fed Chairman?
你现在知道加入终极俱乐部的重要性了吧
You can see why it’s so important to get in.
好吧 哪个最容易加入
Okay, well, which is the easiest to get into?
你为什么问我这个
Why would you ask me that?
就随便问问
I was just asking.
没有容易进的 这才是关键
None of them. That’s the point.
我朋友爱德华多某个夏天靠预测
My freind Eduardo made $300,000
石油前景挣了三十万美元
betting oil future one summer and
就这样爱德华多想进还差得远呢
Eduardo won’t come close to getting in.
这里的人根本不把挣钱能力放在眼里
The ability to make money doesn’t impress anybody around here.
还真阔绰
Must be nice.
他一夏天挣了三十万美元啊
He made $300,000 in a summer?
他喜欢气象学
He likes Meteorology.
你不是说石油前景吗
I thought it was oil futures.
你能读懂天气
You can read the weather,
你就能预测民用燃料油的价钱
you can predict the price of heating oil.
你刚那么问我 是觉得我只有可能
I think you asked me that because you think the final
加入最容易进的终极俱乐部吧
club that’s easiest to get into is the one where I’ll have the best chance.
我…什么
I…what?
你问我哪个是最容易进的俱乐部
You asked me which one was the easiest to
因为你觉得在那里我才最有机会
get into because you think that’s where I have the best chance.
门槛最低的俱乐部
The one that’s easiest to get into
谁都容易进
would be the one where anybody has the best chance.
你没问哪个是最好的
You didn’t ask which one was the best one,
你问我哪个是最容易进的
you asked me which one was the easiest.
我就只是问问 行吗 我就问问
I was honestly just asking. Okay? I was asking just to ask.
我没有影射其他 马克
Mark, I’m not speaking in code.
艾丽卡
Erica
你已经对终极俱乐部过于极端了
You’re obsessed with the finals clubs.
你得了终极俱乐部强迫症 你需要看医生
You have finals club OCD and you need to see someone about it
让他开点儿药来治治
who would prescribe some sort of medication.
你不在乎副作用是不是会让你瞎眼
You don’t care if the side effects may include blindness.
是’final clubs'[正确说法]
Final clubs,
不是’finals clubs’
not finals clubs.
而且不能自拔和积极向上是不一样的
And there’s a difference between being obsessed and being motivated.
没错 是不一样
Yes. There is.
你瞧 你刚含糊其辞 就是话有所指
Well, what you do, that was cryptic, so you do speak in code.
我没有含糊其辞
I didn’t mean to be cryptic.
我所要说的就是我需要做些有意义的事
All I’m saying I need to do something
来让那些俱乐部注意到我
substantial in order to get the attention of the clubs.
为什么
Why?
因为他们极具排他性
Because they are exclusive,
有意思并能让我过更好的日子
and fun and they lead me to a better life.
泰迪·罗斯福当选总统
Teddy Roosevelt didn’t get elected
和他曾是凤♥凰♥俱乐部的一员没有关系
president because he was a member of the Phoenix Club.
他是坡斯廉俱乐部的
He was a member of the Porcellian
并且我认为两者是有关系的
and yes he did.
你为何不集中精力做好你自己
Well why don’t you concentrate on being the best you, you can be.
你是认真的吗
Did you really just say that?
开玩笑的
I was kidding
虽说积极争取并不会让你迷失自我
Although just because you want to try doesn’t make it any less true.
我就直说吧
I want to be straight forward and tell you that
我觉得你该多支持我
I think you should be a lot more supportive.
如果我入会了我可以带你去参加各种集♥会♥
If I get in i’ll be taking you to the events and the gatherings
你会有幸见到平常你很难见到的大人物
and you’ll be meeting people that you wouldn’t normally get to meet .
你真会带我去吗
You would do that for me?
你可是我女朋友啊
We’re dating.
好 我就跟你直说了 我告诉你
Okay. I want to try and be straight forward with you
我们不再是一对儿了
and let you know that we’re not anymore.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
我们不再是情侣关系了 对不起
We are not dating anymore, I’m sorry.
这是个玩笑话吗
Is this a joke?
不 是真的
No, it’s not.
你要跟我分手吗
You’re breaking up with me?
你要介绍我认识一些
You’re going to introduce me to people
我平常见不到的大人物
I wouldn’t normally have the chance to meet?
这说的是什么混账话啊
What the fuck, what is that supposed to mean?
冷静下来
Settle down.
你那是什么意思啊
What is it supposed to mean?
艾丽卡 我们之所以能坐在这喝酒
Erica, the reason we’re able to sit here
[美国21岁前不能进酒吧]
and drink right now is
是因为你和看门那家伙上过床
cuz you used to sleep with the door guy.
看门那人有名字 叫波比
The door guy, his name is Bobby.
我没跟他上过床 他是我的一个朋友
I haven’t slept with the door guy, the door guy’s a friend of mine.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!