魔术带来疾病…
magic made you sick…
那一定也会相信魔术能治病吧?
you might believe in a magic cure, right?
其实根本是心理作用
Even though it’s all in your head.
有人对你施巫术喔
Somebody been working roots on you.
我认识一个…
Say I knew someone who believed he’d been…
中邪的人 – 没错
Crossed. – Crossed.
那他还有希望吗?
Would he believe he could be uncrossed?
他出了什么问题?
What’s the nature of his condition?
他说不出话,动弹不得,得过中风…
He can’t speak. Barely moves. He had a stroke…
但他觉得是别人害他的
but he seems to think someone else made him that way.
你想知道是怎么一回事?
And you want to know what happened to him?
对
Yes.
你还真的进到店里去啦
You went in there. You actually went in.
你是疯了吗?
Are you out of your mind?
拜托,你从来没听过心理影响生理治疗吗?
Come on. Haven’t you ever heard of psychosomatic treatment?
听过,但这可不一样
Yeah. But this is not that.
你知道病人康复的信念有多大的影响力?
How much of a patient’s recovery depends on his believing he can?
什么康复?这是安宁护疗
What recovery? This is hospice.
你应该要帮助他上西天
You’re just supposed to help this guy die.
他相信巫术
He believes in this stuff.
又怎样?他是你的谁啊?
So what? Who is he to you?
算了
Forget it.
你才算了吧,他又不是你♥爸♥
No, you forget it. He’s not your dad.
他不是,这些病人都不是
Not this one, the last, or the one before.
你们干嘛这么亲?
Why are the two of you so attached?
小凯,抱歉
I’m sorry, Cary.
老实告诉你,要是我不这么做…
Just so you know, if l”m not attached to him…
等于我放弃了他
l”m abandoning him.
我得帮他
Attached is better.
我知道,小凯,对不起
I know. Cary, l”m sorry. Okay?
看看你在做什么?
But would you look at yourself?
你想当护士,竟然跑到巫师的店里
You want to be a nurse and you just walked out of a witch doctor’s.
不是为了我
It’s not for me.
气象报告预测,沿海地区将有30公分的…
[On radio] Forecasters are calling for up to a foot of rain…
降雨量…
in the coastal areas…
暴风雨今晚将登陆三角洲
as thts storm makes tts way across the delta, starting overntght.
雷达显示沿海地区…
Radar already shows increasing prectpttatton…
以及北部地区都将受到暴雨影响
across the coastal areas and moving rather qutckly to the north.
气象预报目前相当关注于…
The main forecast concerns centres around potenttal…
嗨,班
Hi, Ben.
我想给你看一样东西
I’m going to show you something.
这是你和我之间的秘密
It’s going to be our secret. You and me.
薇儿丽说你并没有在阁楼…
Violet says you didn’t have a stroke…
中风发作,她说是鬼…
in the attic. She said some ghosts…
对你下了诅咒
made you this way with a spell.
你也这么觉得吗?
Is that what you think?
班,因为我也会魔咒
Because I know a spell, too, Ben.
能让你康复起来
One that makes you better.
只要你相信就好
All you have to do is believe it.
反方向
Backwards.
洁净他
Cleanse this man.
洁净这房♥间
Cleanse this room.
洁净这屋子
Cleanse this house.
他的言语在脑海中失去了方向
His words have gotten lost, lost and wandering in his mind.
让清水流下…
Let the water run down…
洗净他身上的疾病
and wash away this condition.
他的舌头被捆绑在喉咙中
His tongue has gotten tied, tied and tangled in his throat.
让清水流下…
Let the water run down…
洗净他身上的痛苦
and wash away this affliction.
让他的声音得到自♥由♥
Send his voice to go free.
让清水流下…
Let the water run down…
洗净…
and wash away…
卡洛琳
Caroline.
卡洛琳
Caroline.
都是心理作用
It’s all in your head.
救救我,救救我
Help. Help.
班,继续说,不要停
Ben, talk to me. Keep talking.
救救我
Help me.
救你?班,怎么救你?
Help you? Help you how, Ben?
救我出去
Get me out of here.
卡洛琳?
Caroline?
救我出去!
Get me out of here!
糟糕!
Shit!
卡洛琳! – 等一下
Caroline! – Just a second.
卡洛琳,快开门!
Caroline, open this door!
你对他做了什么?
What are you doing to him?
班,为什么要逃出去?
Ben, why? Get out of here, why?
卡洛琳! – 等一下!
Caroline! – One second!
卡洛琳,快开门!
Caroline, open this door!
我一定会帮你,告诉我怎么回事
I’ll help you, I promise. Just talk to me.
在阁楼发生了什么事?告诉我你怕谁
What happened to you in that attic? Tell me who you’re afraid of.
你做了什么?
What have you done?
这是什么?
What is this?
他是…
He was…
他睡得不好… – 离他远一点
He was struggling in his sleep… – Get away from him.
离他远一点 – 他不舒服
Get away from him. – He was struggling.
没关系
It’s all right.
我拿水来了
I brought water.
你刚才在跟他说话?
You were talking to him?
我跟他说了一个故事,好让他放松
I was just telling him a story to settle him down.
什么故事? – 一个普通的故事
About what? – Just a story.
不是鬼故事
No ghosts.
卡洛琳,你去休息吧,谢谢
That’ll be all tonight, Caroline. Thank you.
我会再来看他…
I’ll come back to check on him…
不需要了,你去休息吧,晚安
No, that won’t be necessary. That’s all for tonight. Good night.
神啊,时候到了
It is time, Lord.
神啊,时候到了
It is time, Lord.
葛瑞丝
Grace.
卡洛琳?
Caroline?
卡洛琳
Caroline.
戴沃太太?
Mrs. Devereaux?
什么闹鬼的狗屁嘛
Her and her ghost shit.
那阁楼里装满了这些东西
That atttc ts ftlled wtth thts stuff.
魔法书、咒语、各种书籍和录音
Recipes. Spells. Books of them. Records of them.
我能够了解你的用意…
I understand your cause of concern…
不过我们家也非常迷信,我们是浸信会徒
but my family is superstitious, too. We’re called Baptists.
这不一样 – 很特别
This is different. – It’s charming.
当地的文化风俗
Local colour.
你明明说过很担心他们
You said yourself you were worried about him.
现在我比较担心你
Well, now l”m worried about you. You know?
你是护士还是侦探?
Are you a nurse or a detective?
你认识戴沃夫妇多久?
When did you first meet the Devereauxs?
他中风发作前认识的
Just before he had his stroke.
他们刚好在找律师,以便更新遗嘱
They were looking for a lawyer to update their wills.
你会不会觉得她当初知道…
Did you ever think that maybe she knew something…
他将遭遇的事?
was going to happen to him?
怎么说?阁楼里的塔罗牌?梦中的异象?
How? Like tarot cards in the attic? A sence in her sleep?
告诉我上一个看护为什么辞职
I want to know why the last girl quit.
海莉,有人找你
Hallie. Some folks to see you.
卡洛琳,你迷信吗?
You a supersttttous person?
不算是吧
Not per se.
我告诉我妈当初在那儿工作
I told my mama where I was working.
她说那房♥子满是血和泪
She said that house has been nothing but blood and tears.
上一个屋主很富有
That the last owners were some rich brother and sister.
不过很疯狂
Crazy people, supposedly.
他们把房♥子卖♥♥掉之后,因中风过世
They died of strokes right after they sold the place.
他们八成看到了不该看的东西
Maybe they found something they shouldn’t.
或许班也是
Maybe now Ben did, too.
虽然那房♥间里还有他们的杂物…
It may be their mess in that room…
但绝不是鬼对老先生下咒语
but ain’t no ghosts put a spell on that old man.