不好意思
I’m sorry.
抱歉,我想付油钱
Excuse me. I just need to pay for some gas.
天哪
Jesus.
油费17块
$17 for the gas.
零钱你留着吧
Keep the change.
戴沃太太?
Mrs. Devereaux?
我的行李都弄好了
I’m unpacked.
嗨,班,还记得我吗?我是卡洛琳
Hi, Ben. Remember me? I’m Caroline.
我会好好照顾你
I’ll be taking care of you for a while.
这里对你来说应该太黑了一点吧?
There’s not a lot of light in here for you, is there?
你很喜欢听蓝调音乐吗…
So you’re a fan of the blues, huh? Well, so was…
请你放手
You have to let go.
班,你弄痛我了
Ben, you’re hurting me.
原来你在这儿
There you are.
他该吃药了
Time for his remedies.
让开一下
Scoot over, child.
早上9点和晚上7点
9:00 in the morning and 7:00 at night.
他的药需要磨成粉,看我怎么做
He takes his pills in powder form. I’ll show you how.
一定要喝完
Be sure he drinks it all down.
他在吃什么药? – 抗凝血剂
What’s he taking? – Oh, Coumadin and such.
他有时候身体会抖动,不要大惊小怪
He gets the tremors sometimes. Don’t let that frighten you.
亲他一下会比较好
And a kiss to make it taste better.
你比我想像中更瘦,不过更漂亮
You’re scrawnier than l’d hoped. Prettier, though.
我想你一定全身都是记号♥吧?
I bet you’re all marked up, aren’t you?
记号♥? – 写满东西
Marked up? – Written on.
我知道你们年轻人…
I know you young people are always…
老是喜欢用墨水和针在身上搞些花样
jabbing yourselves with ink and needles.
你身上有刺东西吧?
You’re written on, aren’t you?
别人是看不到的
Not where you can see.
好
Well.
他每天都需要洗澡,被单也需要换
He’s to be bathed daily, his linens changed.
不需要去做家事,只有我知道该怎么做
Don’t bother with the housework. I’m the only one that knows how.
你们住在这儿多久了?
How long have you two lived here?
让我想想
Let’s see.
我们1962年从沙瓦纳搬来
We came over from Savannah in “62.
这房♥子是跟一对兄妹买♥♥的
We bought this house from a brother and a sister.
这房♥子是他们的传家宝
They’d inherited it a long time ago, from their parents.
他们从小就住在这儿
Lived here since they were children.
那就是他们,马丁和葛瑞丝
There they are. Martin and Grace.
人真的很好
Charming people.
不过他们手头很紧,所以不得不卖♥♥
But they fell on hard times, had to sell.
你把他们的照片留下?
You keep their picture?
对,算是我对这间房♥子的尊重
Yes. I like to pay my respects to the memories of this house.
跟我来吧
All right. Come along now.
这是餐厅
This is the dining room.
我们只用屋内一半的房♥间
We only use about half of the rooms.
另一半都放了班的古董
The others are for Ben’s antique business.
他卖♥♥不出去的古董,我们就收藏在这儿
What he couldn’t sell, we stored here.
除了阁楼
Except for the attic.
那儿有水晶和瓷器
That has crystal and china.
我常常会去盘点,先跟你说明一下
And I keep a very close account on that, just so as you know.
这儿总共有30个房♥间
There are more than 30 rooms in all.
以前每个房♥间都有一把钥匙
In the old days, they made a separate key for each room.
但屋主有一把万♥能♥钥♥匙♥
For the owner, they made a skeleton key.
能够打开每个房♥间的门
This will open every door.
这把给你
This one is yours.
我还有一把
I have mine.
餐具都在这儿
Now, the pantry’s right out here.
有时候你可能需要到镇上帮我们跑腿
You know, we may have to ask you to go into town now and then.
这里以前有镜子吗?
Was there a mirror here once?
我注意到厕所也都没有镜子
I noticed in the bathrooms also there are no mirrors.
孩子,等你像我们一样这么老…
Child, when you get as worn- out and wrinkled as we are…
就不需要镜子的提醒了
you don’t need any reminding.
假如你需要镜子的话…
If you want a small one for your own purposes…
请便
that’s fine with me.
镜子呢? – 收起来了
What’d you do with them? – Put them away.
他说你不抽烟
VIOLET: The boy tells me you don’t smoke.
不过我抽烟,而且抽得很凶,我很喜欢抽烟
I do smoke. I smoke a lot and I enjoy it very much.
应该没问题吧
I trust that won’t be an issue.
没关系
It won’t be.
好,那请你记得…
Good. Then for the most part just realize that…
我们互不相干
l’ll live here as if you’re not in residence.
毕竟我们没有血缘关系,你父母还健在吗?
After all, we’re not kin. Are your parents still alive?
我妈很早就离开了,我爸从小养育我,他去年过世
My mom left when I was little. My dad raised me and he died last year.
喔,是嘛?那你一定也有照顾他
Oh, my. So you cared for him as well?
本来想要的
I would have.
没想到他那么快就走了
I just thought I had more time.
是的
Yeah.
花太多时间去想所剩的生命…
You think too much about the time you have left…
反而忘了好好过生活
you don’t spend it living.
善待我先生,善待他的房♥子
Be good to my husband. Be good to his house.
9点吃药
Remedies at 9:00.
一、二、三
One, two, three.
我想你在新泽西应该看不到这么美的花♥园♥吧
You don’t see gardens like this back in New Jersey, I expect.
那儿就是以花出名的
Actually, it’s the Garden State.
我看八成不是
I doubt that very much.
花♥园♥最美妙
Nothing more glorious than a garden.
每年冬天凋谢,春天萌芽
Gone every winter, back every spring.
你笃信宗教吗?
You religious at all?
我试着接受各种不同的宗教
I try to keep an open mind.
那很好,那真的很好
That’s good. That’s very good.
我的白紫呢?
Where are my trilliums?
喔,烦死了,孩子,能不能帮我一个忙
Oh, fiddlesticks. Do me a blessing, child.
帮我跑一趟阁楼好吗?
Will you run up to the attic for me?
楼梯旁有一盒种子
I have some seed packets in a box right next to the stairs.
你怎么这么慢?
What took you?
对不起
I’m sorry.
我以为这是万♥能♥钥♥匙♥
I thought the key opens everything.
钥匙?什么钥匙?
The key? What key?
你给我的万♥能♥钥♥匙♥
The key you gave me for the house.
它打不开阁楼里的一扇门
There’s a door in the attic it doesn’t work for.
喔,阁楼啊,从来没开过那扇门
Oh, no, the attic, it’s never opened that.
我有我的迪克西·约翰 – 为什么不呢?
I got my Dixie Johns. – Why not?
里面有什么? – 我也不知道
What’s in there? – I have no idea.
我们搬进来后,就再也没开过那扇门
It’s been shut ever since we moved in.
我得赶快去撒种,因为就快要下雨了
I have to get these in the ground, because there’s rain coming.
戴沃太太…
Mrs. Devereaux…
班中风发作时,不就在阁楼里面吗?
Ben was in the attic, wasn’t he, when he had his stroke?
他在那儿做什么?
What was he doing in there?
孩子,你去问他啊
You’ll have to ask him, child.
你去看看他好吗?
Be a dear and go see to him, won’t you?
问他想不想喝点冰茶
I wonder if he wouldn’t like some iced tea.
他的门被锁住了
His door was locked.
班!
Ben!
班!
Ben!
班!
Ben!
班!不要动!
Stop right there, Ben! Don’t move!
不要动!
Stop!
班!
Ben!
戴沃太太!
Mrs. Devereaux!
班!
Ben!
班,你在干嘛?是我啊!
Ben, what are you doing? It’s me!
我的天哪,他怎么了?
Mother of mercy, what’s he done?
他从窗户掉出去,你不是说他不能走动吗?
He got out of the window. I thought you said he was bedridden.
他又抽筋了
He’s having spasms.
你有喂他吃药吗? – 有
Didn’t you give him his remedies? – Yes.
他有把药吃完吗?
Did you make sure he drank them down?
我以为有啊
I thought so.
班,他们对你做了什么? – 他的门刚才被锁住
Ben, what’d they make you do? – His door was locked.
快去拿轮椅,我们得赶快带他进屋里
Just go get the wheelchair. We”ve got to get him out of this.