对
Yeah.
-爸爸 -怎样
-Dad. Dad. Dad. -Yo.
怎么回事
What’s going on?
保罗到底去哪里
Where exactly is Paul?
他在亚特兰大 甜心
He’s in Atlanta. honey.
去看他爸爸 他在勒戒中心
Visiting his father. His dad’s in a facility.
他有酗酒问题
He’s an alcoholic.
每个月保罗都坐巴士去看他
Every month. Paul takes a bus to visit him.
克丝塔不愿意见他
Krista refuses to see him.
她还没准备好
She’s not ready 10! that.
莉迪亚也不想谈 以免伤她的心
Lydia doesn’t want to upset he! by talking about it…
所以我们都说保罗出去了
…so we just say Paul’s out 10! the day.
我懂了
Okay-
娜塔莎
Natasha.
奥莉维亚
Olivia.
布莉姬
Bridget.
波莉
Polly.
-加娜 -卫生棉条
-Janna. -Oh. tampons!
真特别 妈
That’s special. Mom.
-乔 -欢迎来到夏令营
-Jo! -Now. welcome to camp.
黛安娜
Diana.
你好像玩得很愉快 家里一切都好
想你爱你的爸爸
洗发精 非常实用
Shampoo. Very. very practical.
汉堡
Hamburgers.
你们听到没 周六终于能放假了
Did you guys hear? Actually, they’re finally giving us Saturday off.
感谢上帝 你能说”坎提纳”吗
Hallelujah. Can you say 淐antina
坎提纳在哪里
Hey. where’s the Cantina?
不知道 就在前面吧 怎样
I don’t know. I think somewhere up the load. Why?
他要我去
He wants me to go.
什么
What?
他要我去
He wants me to go.
否则他何必在我面前这样说
Why else would he have said that right in front of me?
我最喜欢这一段
This is my favorite part.
当他冒险发射弹弓的时候
When he takes the big risk and launches the catapult.
贝莉 拜托 我想看看有没有可用的材料
Bailey, come on, I’m trying to see if there’s something we can use from this.
只要再查一件事
Just one thing.
包裹里是什么
What was in the package?
只是一条…
Just some…
只是一条裤子 在那里…
Just those pair of pants over there.
我和朋友们在夏天交换裤子
I’m sharing them with my friends for the summer.
这条
These?
-老牛仔裤有什么好 -没什么
-What’s so great about an old pair of jeans? -Nothing.
只是刚好我们穿了都很合身
They just happen to mysteriously fit us all perfectly.
真的
Hea倅?
不知道我穿是什么样子
I wonder what they’d look like on me.
有没有可能借我穿一下
On the oH-chance you’d ever let me try them on.
-比方像现在 -去吧 你想怎样都行
-Like now. 10! example. -Go ahead. do whatever you want.
我需要安静一下
I need some quiet.
缇碧
Tibby?
我要你去照顾宝宝
I need you to take the baby!
亲爱的卡门 我从邮局写信
My Carma-poochie-ay, I’m writing from the post office…
寄快捷信件要花掉我两小时的薪水
…and this express mail costs more than I make in two hours at Wallmans…
所以你最好明天就能收到这条裤子
…so these jeans better get to you tomorrow.
我们在典型的贝斯达角落
Here we are on a typical Bethesda comer…
年轻的创业家证明了这句老话
…where generations of young entrepreneurs have proved the old adage:
“当人给你柠檬 就榨出柠檬汁”
hen life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
因此我心中的问题是…
So the question on my mind is…
是现榨的 还是粉末泡的
…is this sh-squeezed or powder?
-只要柠檬汁好喝 不就好了 -让我来问问题
-Does it matter ii it’s good lemonade? -Let me ask the questions.
我必须很遗憾的说…
I’m sad to report that nothing of consequence happened…
穿着这条牛仔裤 什么事都没发生
…while wearing the pants.
我打翻了一瓶雪碧
I spilled a Sprite…
尖嘴猴腮的经理指控我…
…and my rat-faced manager accused me of receipt withholding.
-暗藏发♥票♥ -根据臭经理的话就是…
-Receipt withholding. -In rat-faced manager lingo…
代表忘记把售货收据给客人
…that means forgetting to give a sales slip.
我读到比尔盖兹小时候…
You know. I was leading that Bill Gates…
曾经摆过柠檬汁摊
…when he was younger. he Ian a lemonade stand.
-你不能确定 那不是…-我在杂♥志♥里读的
-You don’t know that, that’s not—Yeah, I do. I read it in a magazine.
-哪里 -在杂♥志♥里
-Whele did you lead that? -In a magazine.
裤子带给我的其他厄运…
Other than that, the only thing that I have to show for the pants…
就是送裤子来的小孩 这个小捣蛋鬼
…is the kid that delivered them, some wise-ass pain in the neck…
整天缠黏着我不放
…who’s decided to permanently glue herself to my hip.
她只是累了 她在那里做了一整天
She’s just tiled. She’s been there a really long time. all day.
她在那边干嘛 告诉我
What is she doing light there? Tell me.
她在思考 在想策略
She’s just thinking. She’s stlategizing.
她在长大脑
I think she’s trying to glow a brain.
真可惜不能把12岁小孩 快递送走
Too bad you can? express mail 12禄year禄olds.
希望你一切顺利
And I wish you the very best of luck on this endeavor.
卡门罗威
收信地址 南卡州 桑莫维尔市 康维区2411号♥
抱歉重新包装 亚特兰大大型包裹中心
快醒醒 瞌睡虫
Hey. Hey there, sleepyhead.
卡门
Hey. Carmen.
-甜心 该起床了 -嗨
-Honey. time to wake up. -Hi.
嗨 早安
Hi there. Good morning.
抱歉吵醒你
Sony to wake you…
我在想要不要让玛莉亚洗你的床单
…but I was just wondering if Maria could grab your sheets.
-玛莉亚 -对 我们的女佣
-Maria? -Yeah, our housekeeper.
我和她说你通常很晚起
I told he! you usually slept late…
但她好像听不懂
…but I don’t think she understood me.
她英文不太好
He! English isn’t real good.
好…
Okay, right.
我能不能…我自己洗就行了
Could I–I’ll just wash my own sheets.
不行 别傻了
No. no. no. Don’t be silly.
让玛莉亚帮你洗 没关系
Maria can certainly do your sheets, not a problem.
-莉迪亚 这…-今天天气真好
-Lydia, it’s really—it’s a beautiful day.
-你不该待在家洗床单 -我不介意
-You shouldn’t be washing sheets. -Oh, it’s not a problem at all.
我通常都是自己洗
I usually do it myself anyway.
一直都如此 习惯了
I do it all the time. I’m so used to it.
一般人都不麻烦别人
People wash their sheets all the time.
好吧
Okay-
来很久了吗
Been here long?
卡斯托 你怎么在这里
Kostas. What are you doing here?
这是鱼市场
It’s a fish market.
我就是在这里卖♥♥鱼
This is where I sell my fish.
原来如此
Right.
但你早就知道了吧
But you already knew that, eh?
你说什么
Excuse me?
莉娜 没人会在鱼市场瞎混
Lena. no one sits near a smelly fish market…
除非他们在等人
…unless they’re waiting 10! someone.
我不懂你的意思
Well. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
我是来画那栋老教堂
I just came to sketch that old church over there.
能让我看吗
May I?
这…我还没画完
Well. it’s–It’s not finished.
-你没说过你是画家 -我不算是
-You didn’t tell me you were an artist. -I’m n01. really.
莉娜 你是画家
Lena. you are.
我父母就在那栋教堂结婚…
My parents were married in that church…
之后便去美国
…before they left for the United States.
他们为何回来希腊
Why did they come back to Greece?
他们没回来
They didn’t.
他们死于一场车祸
They were killed in a ca! accident…
当时我12岁
…when I was 12.
我回来和祖父同住
I come back to live with my grandfather.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
你为何选择画教堂
What made you choose to paint this?
不知道
I don’t know.
我喜欢它 因为第一眼看到…
I liked it because. when you first look at it…
它似乎被世人遗弃 但…
…it looks kind of forgotten, and then…
你赫然发现这就是它的美
But then you realize that that’s why it’s beautiful.
它遗世独♥立♥ 有无瑕的美感
It’s perfect in all its loneliness.
你瞧
You see?
莉娜卡利加瑞…