比这个世界待你更好
than the world has treated you.
你有此能力
You have that power.
求你 我的女儿是凯瑟琳
Please. My daughter is Catherine.
真是聪明
Boy, that’s smart.
真的很聪明
Jesus, that’s really smart.
她不断重复那个名字
She keeps repeating the name.
若他视凯瑟琳为一个人而非物件 就难以下毒手
If he sees Catherine as a person, not an object, it’s harder to tear her up.
求你放了我的女儿
Please, release my little girl.
史达琳小姐 你来我的医院干什么?
What you’re doing, Ms. Starling, is coming into my hospital…
并第三次拒绝跟我分享资料
and refusing to share information with me for the third time.
这不过是赖普案的例行后续
Sir, I told you this is just a routine follow-up on the Raspail…
他是我的病人 我有知情权
He is my patient. I have rights.
我明白
I understand that.
史达琳小姐 我不是个笨蛋
Look, I am not just some turnkey, Miss Starling.
这是检察官的电♥话♥号♥码
This is the number for the U.S. Attorney.
请你跟他谈 或者让我执行任务 明白吗?
Please, either discuss it with him or let me do my job, you understand?
如果你的分♥析♥能帮助我们抓到水牛比尔…
If your profile helps us catch Buffalo Bill…
及时救出凯瑟琳·马丁…
in time to save Catherine Martin…
参议员答应把你转送到…
the senator promises you a transfer to the VA Hospital…
它位于纽约奥尼达公园 可看到附近的园林景色的医院
at Oneida Park, New York, with a view of the woods nearby.
当然仍是高度设防的
Maximum security still applies, of course.
你可以阅读书籍
You’d have reasonable access to books.
最好的是…
Best of all, though…
你每年可以离开医院一周
one week of the year, you get to leave the hospital…
去这里
and go here:
普拉姆岛
Plum Island.
在那一星期里 你都可以在沙滩漫步
Every day of that week, you may walk on the beach
也可以在海中畅泳一小时
You may swim in the ocean for up to one hour…
当然是受特种部队的监视
under SWAT team surveillance, of course.
给你的
And there you have it.
水牛比尔的档案副本
A copy of the Buffalo Bill case file.
参议员的建议书副本
A copy of the senator’s offer.
这个建议是无商讨余地的
This offer is non-negotiable and final.
凯瑟琳·马丁死了你就一无所得
Catherine Martin dies, you get nothing.
普拉姆岛动物病症研究中心
Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center.
听来很吸引
Sounds charming.
那个岛有一流的海滩
That’s only part of the island. There’s a very nice beach.
岛上有燕鸥巢 有漂亮的…
Terns nest there. There’s beautiful…
燕鸥?
Terns?
如果我帮你 也会是我们的转机
If I help you, Clarice, it will be “turns” with us too.
我们互相交换资料吧
Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things.
但不是关于这宗案件 是关于你自己
Not about this case, though. About yourself.
交换 好不好?
Quid pro quo. Yes or no?
好吗? 克丽丝 可怜的凯瑟琳在等着
Yes or no, Clarice? Poor little Catherine is waiting.
好吧
Go, doctor.
你最糟的童年记忆是什么?
What is your worst memory of childhood?
家父去世
The death of my father.
告诉我 别说谎 我会知道的
Tell me about it. And don’t lie, or I’ll know.
他是镇上的警长
He was a town marshal…
有一晚他遇上两个 从药房♥走出来的窃匪
and one night he surprised two burglars coming out of a drugstore.
他们向他开枪
They shot him.
他当场死亡?
Was he killed outright?
不是 他很坚强 熬了个几个月
No, he was very strong. He lasted more than a month.
我母亲在我年幼时去世
My mother died when I was very young, so…
自始父亲就成为我的一切
my father had become the whole world to me…
他离开后 我一无所有 我那时十岁
and when he left me, I had nothing. I was 10 years old.
你很坦白
You’re very frank, Clarice.
我相信私底下结识你 会很有意思的
I think it would be quite something to know you in private life.
交换资料
Quid pro quo, doctor.
谈谈西维州小姐吧 她是否身材肥大?
So tell me about Miss West Virginia. Was she a large girl?
是的
Yes.
大屁♥股♥ 肉团团?
Big through the hips, roomy?
死者们全都是
They all were.
还有什么线索?
What else?
她的喉咙被异物塞住
She had an object deliberately inserted into her throat.
还没有正式公布的 我们不知道它有何意思
Now, that hasn’t been made public yet. We don’t know what it means.
一只蝴蝶?
Was it a butterfly?
是的 一只飞蛾
Yes. A moth.
一小时前 我们在班哲文·赖普的头颅内也找到
Just like the one we found in Benjamin Raspail’s head an hour ago.
为何他把它们放进去?
Why does he place them there, doctor?
飞蛾的特点是转变
The significance of the moth is change.
幼虫变成蝶蛹或者蛹
Caterpillar into chrysalis, or pupa…
再变成美丽的蝴蝶
and from thence into beauty.
比尔也想转变
Our Billy wants to change too.
变性癖和暴♥力♥之间是没有关连的
There’s no correlation between transsexualism and violence.
-变性癖者是很被动的 -很聪明
– Transsexuals are very passive. – Clever girl.
你有捉拿到他的本领 知道吗?
You’re so close to the way you’re gonna catch him. Do you realize that?
不知道 为什么?
No. Tell me why.
你父亲被杀后你成了孤儿 后来怎么样?
After your father’s murder you were orphaned. What happened next?
答案并非在那双廉价鞋子上
I don’t imagine the answer is on those second-rate shoes, Clarice.
我去了蒙大拿州 跟我母亲的表妹夫妇同住
I went to live with my mother’s cousin and her husband in Montana.
他们有一个牧场
They had a ranch.
牧牛场?
Was it a cattle ranch?
牧羊和马
Sheep and horses.
你在那里住了多久?
How long did you live there?
两个月
Two months.
为何时间这么短?
Why so briefly?
我跑掉了
I ran away.
为什么? 牧场主人逼你口♥交♥?
Why, Clarice? Did the rancher make you perform fellatio?
他有没有鸡♥奸♥你?
Did he sodomize you?
没有 他是个很正派的人
No. He was a very decent man.
交换资料
Quid pro quo, doctor.
比尔不是个真正的变性癖者
Billy is not a real transsexual.
但他以为自己是 他想那样
But he thinks he is. He tries to be.
我相信他想做很多东西
He’s tried to be a lot of things, I expect.
你说我有捉拿他的本领 是何意思?
You said I was very close to the way we’d catch him. What did you mean?
有三间主要做变性手术的中心
There are three major centers for transsexual surgery:
约翰·霍金斯 明尼苏达州大学 和哥伦布医疗中心
Johns Hopkins, the University of Minnesota, and Columbus Medical Center.
若比尔向它们申请做变性手术 而又被拒绝…
I wouldn’t be surprised if Billy applied for sex reassignment…
我也不会感到惊讶
at one or all of them, and been rejected.
他们根据什么来拒绝他?
On what basis would they reject him?
试找寻跟暴♥力♥有关的童年创伤吧
Look for severe childhood disturbances associated with violence.
比尔并非天生是个罪犯
Our Billy wasn’t born a criminal, Clarice…
是经过多年来惯常的 虐待所导致的
he was made one through years of systematic abuse.
他讨厌自己的身份
Billy hates his own identity, you see…
他以为那是令他成为变性癖者的原因
and he thinks that makes him a transsexual…
但他的病征要更凶残…
but his pathology is a thousand times more savage…
和可怕千倍
and more terrifying.
它涂润肤液在身上 它听到指示总会依着做
It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it’s told.
先生 我的家人会付钱的
Mister, my family will pay cash.
无论你要多少赎金 他们都会付
Whatever ransom you’re asking for, they’ll pay it.
它涂润肤液在身上 否则又要挨打了
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
是的 珍宝 她会挨打的
Yes, she will, Precious. She’ll get the hose.
好吧…
Okay, okay, okay.
我做吧
Okay, I’ll do it.
好的
Okay.
先生 如果你放我走 我答应不会起诉你
Mister, if you let me go, I won’t press charges. I promise.
我妈是个重要人物
See, my mom is a real important woman.
相信你也知道吧
I guess you already know that.
它把润肤液放在篮里
Now it places the lotion in the basket.
求求你!
Please!
求求你 我想回家
Please, I want to go home.
我想回家! 求求你! 放我吧
I want to go home! Please! Please let me.
把润肤液放在篮里
It places the lotion in the basket.
我想见我妈妈 求你放我吧
I want to see my mommy. Please let me.
我想再见到我妈妈 我想…
I want to see my mom again. I want…
我想见我妈妈
I want to see my mom.
把那他妈的润肤液放在篮里!
Put the fucking lotion in the basket!
你仍然以为可在沙滩漫步 和看鸟儿吗?
You still think you’re gonna walk on some beach and see the birdies?
不会了
I don’t think so.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!