维吉尼亚州匡蒂科附近森林
沉 默 的 羔 羊
史达琳!
Starling!
克劳福要见你
Crawford wants to see you in his office.
谢谢
Thank you, sir.
伤害
苦难
痛苦
喜欢它
-克丽丝 -你好
– Clarice. – Hey.
行为科学组
找克劳福吗?
Looking for Crawford?
他快回来了 在他的办公室等一会吧
He should be back soon. Why don’t you wait in his office?
比尔剥下第五个人的皮
史达琳
Starling.
-克丽丝 早安 -早安 克劳福先生
– Clarice M. Good morning. – Morning, Mr. Crawford.
抱歉突然把你召离课堂
Sorry to pull you off the course at such short notice.
你的导师说你是班里的高材生
Your instructors say you’re in the top quarter of your class.
希望是吧 他们还没有公布成绩
I hope so. They haven’t posted any grades yet.
有一个任务要办 于是我想起你
A job’s come up, and I thought about you.
这不是正式的任务 较像一份有趣的差事
Not a job, really, more of an interesting errand.
坐下
Sit down.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
我记得你出席过 我在维吉尼亚大学的讲座
I remember you from my seminar at UVA.
你追问我本局在胡佛年代的 公民权益记录
You grilled me on the bureau’s civil rights record in the Hoover years.
我给了你甲等
I gave you an A.
是甲下
A minus, sir.
双主修 心理学及犯罪学 以优异成绩毕业
Double major, psych and criminology, graduated magna.
在瑞辛格疗养院做过夏季实习
Summer internships at the Reitzinger Clinic.
它说你毕业后 想在行为科学组替我工作
It says when you graduate you want to work for me in Behavioral Science.
是的 我很想
Yes, very much, sir. Very much.
我们正在访问被囚禁的连环杀手
We’re interviewing all serial killers in custody…
作变♥态♥行为的分♥析♥
for a psycho-behavioral profile.
对一些悬案会有很大帮助
It could be a real help in unsolved cases.
他们大都乐意跟我们谈
Most of them have been happy to talk to us.
你会否很易受惊的?
Do you spook easily, Starling?
不会
Not yet, sir.
我们最想见的那个人拒绝合作
The one we want most refuses to help.
我想你去精神病院找他
I want you to go after him in the asylum.
那个人是谁?
Who’s the subject?
-心理医生汉尼拔·莱达 -食人狂魔汉尼拔
– The psychiatrist, Hannibal Lecter. – “Hannibal the Cannibal.”
我想他不会跟你交谈
I don’t expect him to talk to you…
但无论如何我们都得尝试
but I have to be able to say we tried.
若他不合作 我要如实报告
If he won’t cooperate, I want straight reporting.
他的容貌和监狱里的状况如何?
How’s he look? How’s his cell?
他有没有素描 绘画? 如果有 他都画些什么?
Is he sketching, drawing? If he is, what’s he sketching?
这是莱达的档案…
Here’s a dossier on Lecter…
问卷副本和你的身份证
copy of our questionnaire and an I.D. for you.
周三早上八点把你的报告交给我
Have your memo on my desk by 0800, Wednesday.
好的
Okay.
对不起 为什么这样急?
Excuse me, sir, but why the urgency?
莱达已经坐牢很多年了
Lecter’s been in prison for years.
他和水牛比尔是否有关连?
Is there some connection between him and Buffalo Bill?
但愿有 我要你非常留意
I wish there were. Now, I want your full attention, Starling.
-知道 -要非常小心应付汉尼拔·莱达
– Yes, sir. – Be very careful with Hannibal Lecter.
精神病院的奇顿医生 会给你讲解接见程序
Dr. Chilton at the asylum will go over all the physical procedures used.
无论如何不可偏离程序
Do not deviate from them for any reason whatsoever.
你不可向他透露私人事情
You’re to tell him nothing personal.
你不想汉尼拔·莱达知道你的思想的
You don’t want Hannibal Lecter inside your head.
执行你的任务 但千万别忘记他的身份
Just do your job but never forget what he is.
是什么?
And what is that?
他是个魔头 一个变♥态♥狂人
Oh, he’s a monster, a pure psychopath.
可以生擒一个已很难得了
It’s so rare to capture one alive.
从研究角度来说 莱达是我们最有价值的资产
From a research point of view, Lecter is our most prized asset.
我们有很多探员来这里的
We get a lot of detectives here…
但我记不起有这样漂亮的一个
but I must say I can’t remember one as attractive.
你会在巴尔的摩过夜吗?
Will you be in Baltimore overnight?
如果你有适当的向导 这可以是个很好玩的城市
Because this can be quite a fun town if you have the right guide.
我肯定这是个了不起的城市
I’m sure this is a great town, Dr. Chilton…
但我要见莱达医生 下午还要回去报告
but I must talk to Dr. Lecter and report back this afternoon.
是的 那么我们快点吧
I see. Well, let’s make this quick, then.
我们尝试研究他 但他太高深了 一般的测试都不适用
We’ve tried to study him, but he’s too sophisticated for the standard tests.
他很讨厌我们的
Oh, my, does he hate us.
他觉得我是他的报应
He thinks I’m his nemesis.
克劳福真是聪明 他利用你
Crawford’s very clever, isn’t he, using you?
-什么意思? -找个漂亮的女郎来引诱他
– What do you mean, sir? – Pretty young woman to turn him on.
我相信这八年来莱达都没见过女人 而你正合他的胃口
I don’t believe Lecter’s seen a woman in eight years, and you are his taste.
恕我直言
So to speak.
我毕业于维吉尼亚大学 它不是一间仪态学校
I graduated from UVA. It’s not a charm school.
很好 你该能记着那些规矩了
Good. Then you should be able to remember the rules.
不要触摸或接近那块玻璃 只可传递柔软的纸张给他
Do not touch or approach the glass. Pass him nothing but soft paper.
不可有铅笔或原子笔 纸张上不可有钉书钉或夹子
No pencils or pens, no staples or paper clips in his paper.
只可用那个活动食物架传送
Use the sliding food carrier, no exceptions.
不可接受他给你的东西
If he passes you anything, do not accept.
-明白吗? -明白
– Do you understand? – Yes, I understand, sir.
我让你看看 为何我们要有这些戒备
I’m going to show you why we insist on such precautions.
在1981年7月8日的下午
On the afternoon of July 8, 1981…
他说胸口痛 被带往医疗室
he complained of chest pains and was taken to the dispensary.
为方便做心电图 他的口罩被除下
His mouthpiece was removed for an EKG.
当护士靠近他身边时 他对她做了这个
When the nurse leaned over him, he did this to her.
医生们算是重整了她的下颚 救回她一只眼睛
The doctors managed to reset her jaw, more or less. Save one of her eyes.
即使在他吃她的舌头时 他的脉搏从没超过85
His pulse never got above 85, even when he ate her tongue.
-我把他关在这里 -奇顿医生
– I keep him in here. – Dr. Chilton.
若莱达觉得你是他的敌人 那么…
If Lecter feels that you’re his enemy, then…
若我单独去的话 我们运气可能会好一点
Maybe we’ll have more luck if I go by myself.
你认为如何?
What do you think?
你若在我办公室时提出来 就可省掉我的时间了
You might have suggested this in my office and saved me the time.
是的 但我会错过了和你同行的乐趣
Yes, sir, but then I would have missed the pleasure of your company, sir.
她完事后带她出去吧
When she’s finished, bring her out.
你好 我是巴尼 他说过了 不要走近那块玻璃
Hi, I’m Barney. He told you, don’t get near the glass?
对 他说过了 我是克丽丝·史达琳
Yes, he did. Clarice Starling.
幸会 你可以把大衣挂在那里
Nice to meet you. You can hang your coat there if you like.
好的 谢谢你
Okay. Thank you, I will.
他在最尽头的那个牢房♥
He’s past the others. The last cell.
靠右走吧
You keep to the right.
-我放了一张椅子给你 -很好 谢谢你
– I put out a chair for you. – Yes, that’s very good, thank you.
我会看着 你不会有事的
I’ll be watching. You’ll do fine.
我可以闻到你的私处
I can smell your cunt.
早安
Good morning.
莱达医生 我叫克丽丝·史达琳 可否跟你谈一会?
Dr. Lecter, my name is Clarice Starling. May I speak with you?
你是克劳福的人 是吗?
You’re one of Jack Crawford’s, aren’t you?
是的
I am, yes.
可否看看你的证件?
May I see your credentials?
当然可以
Certainly.
靠近一点 劳烦你
Closer, please.
近一点
Closer.
一周内后就到期了 你不是真的联邦调查局探员吧
That expires in one week. You’re not real FBI, are you?
我仍在受训
I’m still in training at the academy.
-克劳福派个见习生来见我? -是的 我是个学生
– Jack Crawford sent a trainee to me? – Yes, I’m a student.
我是来向你学习的
I’m here to learn from you.
也许你可以决定 我是否够资格这样做
Maybe you can decide if I’m qualified enough to do that.
你很不老实呢 史达琳探员
That is rather slippery of you, Agent Starling.
请坐
Sit. Please.
告诉我 迈克斯对你说了什么?
Now then, tell me. What did Miggs say to you?
隔壁的”多面人迈克斯”
“Multiple Miggs” in the next cell.
他向你发出嘶嘶声 他说了些什么?
He hissed at you. What did he say?
他说 “我可以闻到你的私处”
He said, “I can smell your cunt.”
是吧
I see.
我可闻不到
I myself cannot.
你用爱肤恩润肤膏
You use Evyan skin cream.
有时你会涂点香水
And sometimes you wear L’Air du Temps.
但今天没有
But not today.
这些画是你画的吗?
Did you do all these drawings?
那是从观景楼远望的大教堂
That is the Duomo, seen from the Belvedere.