These ones aren’t poisonous.Did you not read the info packs?
恕我直言,长官,你确定它们没有毒吗?
With all due respect, boss,are you sure they’re not poisonous?
滚出去 – 小心
Get out. -Look out!
滚出去,你们这些混♥蛋♥
Out, you fuckers!
圣派翠克现身驱蛇
St Patrick himself.
继续工作
Back to it.
武器是最先进的
Weapons are state of the art.
至少在二战时是如此
For World War II, anyway.
这些东西…塑胶制的
These things… plastic.
毫无用处
Useless.
军需军士说,我们有两天份粮食
CQMS says we have food provisions,enough for two days.
士兵们有口粮,但大多是连狗都不会吃的饼干
The men have their own rations, but mostly biscuits you wouldn’t feed to your dog.
是时候打猎和采集食物了
Time to hunt and gather.
走吧
Let’s go.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
我能怎么帮你呢?
How can I help you?
那辆卡车能装多少,我就带走多少
I’ll take as much as that truck outside can carry.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
这镇上最棒的酒吧在哪里?
Where’s the best bar in town?
在这条街的尽头
At the end of the street.
我想你不会喜欢这里任何一间酒吧
I don’t think you will find any of the bars here to your liking.
为什么呢?
Why is that?
我无意冒犯
I don’t mean to be rude,
但你很清楚,你在这里不受欢迎吧?
but you do know that you’re not welcome here, don’t you?
我要一个这个
I’ll take one of these.
这里的人对于目前的情况
The people around here are not particularly happy
并不是太开心
with how things are working out.
他们不喜欢卢孟巴掌权
They didn’t like Lumumba taking over.
他是由人♥民♥选出来的
But he was elected by the people.
那些人并没有好好思考过,当他接管后
Who didn’t put a lot of thought into what would happen to the mines
矿业会发生什么事
when he took over.
使矿物国有化
Nationalizing the minerals,
把矿业公♥司♥赶出去
throwing out the mining companies.
他期待什么样的待遇呢?
What did he expect to happen?
我不认为他期待被暗♥杀♥
I don’t suppose he expected to be assassinated.
我爱这个国家
I love this country,
但你不能下令,要这些数十年都在这个地方赚钱的公♥司♥
but you don’t tell the companies that have been making money here for decades
突然歇业
that they’re suddenly out of business.
我没有下令要他们做任何事,女士
I didn’t tell them anything, madame,but…
很遗憾,我们在这里不受欢迎
sorry that we’re not welcome here.
谢谢你花时间说明
Thank you for your time.
我们去喝一杯吧
Let’s get a drink.
三杯啤酒
Three beers.
你不喝点真正的酒吗?
Won’t you have a real drink?
那是什么呢?
What would that be?
法国干邑白兰地
French cognac.
或许你愿意和我一起喝一杯?
Perhaps you’ll have one with me?
你为什么来到这里,指挥官?
Why are you here, Commandant?
保护当地居民不受一个从合法当选总理身上
To protect the locals from a man who stole power
夺取权位的男人的迫♥害♥
from the legitimately elected prime minister.
你又为何来到这里?
Why are you here?
保护矿业的利益
To protect the interest of the mines.
再说,这个时候的巴黎冷死了
Plus Paris is freezing this time of year.
敬巴黎
To Paris.
敬巴黎
To Paris.
你要保护的这些人
These people you’re here to protect…
你确定他们需要你吗?
are you sure they want you?
我有我的疑虑
I have my doubts.
但我也有命令要服从
But I also have my orders.
所有的命令你都会服从吗?
You follow all orders?
我是一名军人
I’m a soldier.
这是军人的职责
That’s how it’s done.
我查了一下,爱尔兰军队参加过几场战争
I looked up the Irish army to see how many wars they have been in.
你知道我查到了什么吗?
You know what I found?
一场都没有
None.
至于你,指挥官
And as for you, Commandant…
你从没有参战过
you have never been in battle.
这可说不准
I’m not sure about that.
我已经结婚十年了
I’ve been married for ten years.
你有计划吗?
Do you have a plan?
我只祈祷,我们不会派上用场
Just to pray there’s no need for us.
因为在开战后,没有任何作战计划是绝对有效的
Because no plan survives contact with the enemy.
那是隆美尔的格言
That’s a Rommel saying.
我从没喜欢过隆美尔
I never liked Rommel.
没有多少法国人喜欢德国战术家
Not many Frenchmen like German tacticians.
他们只花了两个星期就攻下你的国家
It only took them two weeks to take over your entire country.
我认为你让你的手下太辛苦了
You work your men too hard, I think.
挖那么多的坑
All of this digging.
没有人觉得有挖战壕的需要
Nobody else felt the need to dig trenches.
非常谢谢你的来访,指挥官
Thank you, Commandant, for your visit.
谢谢你的酒
Thank you for the drinks.
他的佣兵看起来很强健
His mercs look good.
在这个鸟不生蛋的地方,他何以雇到这么厉害的外籍佣兵?
I’m not sure why he’d have such good mercs here in the middle of nowhere.
收拾好,并返回基地
Finish and get back to the compound.
长官,你担心吗?
Are you worried, sir?
我担心很多事情
I’m worried about a lot of things.
我需要一个有电♥话♥的房♥子
I need a house with a working phone.
在基地附近有一间大房♥子
There’s a big house beyond the compound.
非洲的情势越演越烈
Things are hotting up in Africa.
新建立的刚果共和国饱受内战纷扰
Civil war is raging in the new Republic of the Congo.
但联♥合♥国♥维和部队
But United Nations peacekeeping troops
展现他们平定纷乱的决心
show they mean business.
这一幕是他们
Here they are
正在接近一栋位在伊莉莎白维尔,被反叛军占领的政♥府♥大楼
moving in on rebel-held government buildings in Elisabethville…
伊莉莎白维尔是卡坦加省的首都
capital of the province of Katanga.
全世界都在等着看冲伯将军的下一步动作
The world waits to see what General Tshombe will do next.
女士
Madame.
是否能够借我打一通电♥话♥到爱尔兰?
Would it be possible to use your phone to place a call to Ireland?
当然,我会付钱给你
I’ll pay, of course.
很抱歉,我的电♥话♥不是拿来做军事用途的
I’m afraid my phone is not for military use.
这是一通私人电♥话♥
It’s a personal call.
我需要跟我的家人说话
I need to speak to my family.
没问题
Of course.
大家都在谈论你
Everybody’s been talking about you.
消息都上新闻了
It’s been on the news.
我们以你为荣
We’re so proud of you.
我很高兴听到你这么说
I’m very happy to hear that.
你好吗?
How are you?
我很好
I’m well.
这里的局势很难掌握
It’s hard to know what’s going on here.
有太多不确定的因素
There are a lot of unknowns.
不用担心,亲爱的,你会知道该怎么做的
Don’t worry, love. You’ll figure it out.
你总是知道的
You always do.
你说得对
You’re right.
我必须走了
I must go.
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
再见
Goodbye.
你的家人还好吗?
How is your family?
一切都很好
All fine.
我很高兴听到这消息
I’m glad to hear that.
你有家人吗?
Do you have any?
我有两个女儿
I have two daughters.
但我是个寡妇
But I’m a widow.
这个地方杀了我的丈夫
This place killed my husband.
辐射
Radiation.
美国投在广岛与长崎的两颗炸♥弹♥
The two bombs that America used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
来自雅多♥维♥尔这里的矿坑
came from the mines here in Jadotville.
铀
Uranium.
世界上最大的铀矿就在这里
The largest seam in the world.
这一切就说得通了