(本片改编自真实事件)
我曾经听一个人这么说过“非洲的太阳
I once heard a man say that, in Africa,
就像是一座熔炉,你不是被它吞噬
the sun is like a furnace that either melts you…
就是被铸造成型”
or forges you.
这片土地下
Everything…
全部的东西
that is underneath this earth
都是属于我们全体人♥民♥的
belongs to all our people.
不是属于比利时人的
Does not belong to the Belgians.
不是属于美国人的
Does not belong to the Americans.
也不是属于你的,我的兄弟
Does not belong to you,mon frère.
这只是一种看法
That’s one way to look at it.
还有另一种看法
Here’s another.
(1961年,正值冷战高峰时期)
(超级强国在非洲展开权力斗争)
(东西方在新建立的刚果共和国,
争夺矿产丰富的卡坦加省的控制权)
雅多♥维♥尔围城战
(纽约,联♥合♥国♥总部)
刚果供应超过一半的…
The Congo is a provider of over half of…
全球一半以上的铜
more than half of the world’s copper
以及钴给美国和苏联
and cobalt to the USA and the USSR.
这两种矿物很重要…
Both of these minerals essential…
这两种矿物是超级强国的武器制导系统的必要材料
Both of these minerals necessary to the superpowers’ weapons-guidance systems.
我们不应该袖手旁观…
We should not stand idly…
不,我们不能袖手旁观
No. We cannot stand idly by…
…正当冲伯将军和矿业公♥司♥串通
while General Tshombe colludes with the mining companies
联手控制卡坦加省
to control the province of Katanga.
又因为总理卢孟巴遭到暗♥杀♥
And with the assassination of Prime Minister Lumumba,
我们现在有道义责任派驻更多♥维♥和人员
we now have a moral imperative to send in more peacekeepers.
为了尊重刚果政♥府♥的意见
The United Nations,in deference to the Congo’s wishes,
联♥合♥国♥再次请求
has asked that, once again,
让爱尔兰负责派出这些维和人员
these peacekeepers come from Ireland.
我除了是联♥合♥国♥刚果分部的负责人外
Apart from serving as head of the United Nations’ Congo Division,
我本身也是爱尔兰人
I’m an Irishman myself.
因此,我感到很荣幸,我们能获得派兵支援的请求
Therefore, I am very proud that we’ve been asked to serve.
你看,凯萨大帝知道
[Quinlan] You see Caesar, he knew.
我会是第一个先走的人
I’ll be the first to go.
你们都是要去刚果出任务的吗?- 是啊,我们是
Are you lads in the Congo mission? -We are, yeah.
坐吧
Sit down.
你要喝一杯吗?- 好,健力士啤酒
Do you want a drink? -Yeah, Guinness.
彼得,四杯,谢谢
P? Four, please.
大家都在开玩笑
Everyone else was cracking.
这就是为什么你能让二十万人向六万人投降
That’s why you get 200,000 people surrendering to 60,000.
这就是差别
That’s the difference.
现在,重点是
Now, the thing is,
政客们,他们不懂战术
politicians,they don’t understand tactics.
而军人们,他们不懂策略
And soldiers,they don’t understand strategy.
但凯萨大帝,两者都精通
But Caesar, he understood both.
凯萨大帝就在角落那边
Julius Caesar in the corner.
他什么书都读过,历史上的每场战役他都知道
He’s read it all.He knows every battle ever fought.
他对实战有任何了解吗?- 没有人了解
Does he know about the real thing? -[Prendergast] None of us do.
记好谁是发号♥施令的人
Remember who’s in charge.
他是你的指挥官
He’s your commanding officer.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
你们可以先告诉我吧
You could have said something.
真是白♥痴♥一个
You’re a fucking idiot!
指挥官
Commandant.
只有我老婆这么叫我
Sure only my wife calls me that.
给我朋友一杯,谢谢
One for my friend, please.
你期待吗?- 我很期待挑战
Are you looking forward to it? -Looking forward to the challenge.
士兵们也都很期待 – 我希望他们准备好了
The men are looking forward to it, too. -And I hope they’re ready for it.
你有什么看法?
What do you think?
我们真的会打起来吗?
Will we see any action?
谁晓得,没有人知道战场上的真实状况
Who knows? I don’t think any of us have a clue what’s going on out there.
你的晚餐给狗吃了
Your dinner’s in the dog.
我在当大家有趣和幽默的同伴
I was being delightful and witty company.
真好,是个好的变化
Ah, that’s a nice change for you.
一个心眼小的男人可能会误会这句话
A lesser man might take that the wrong way.
会吗?
Might he?
这个嘛,我只能用猜的
Well, I would only be guessing.
我爱这首歌♥
I love this song.
过来…
Come here. Come here.
跟我跳支舞吧 – 不要
Can we dance to this? -No.
帮帮我,帮帮我
♪ For me, for me ♪
丘比特,你可听到我的哭泣
♪ Cupid, please hear my cry… ♪
是他们打来的
That’ll be them.
发布正式的通知
Making it official.
我心爱的人…
♪ My lover’s heart for me… ♪
现在,我不是故意打扰你
♪ Now, I don’t mean to bother you… ♪
等我一下
Hold that thought.
我害怕失去我所有的幸福
♪ There’s danger Of me losing all of my happiness ♪
因为我默默爱一个女孩
♪ For I love a girl Who doesn’t know I exist ♪
你可以解决这个问题
♪ And this you can fix… ♪
雅多♥维♥尔
Jadotville.
在卡坦加区
In the Katanga region.
是的,将军,我知道了
Yes, General. I understand.
6点报到
Report 0600 hours.

Okay.
直到我爱人的心里
♪ Straight to my lover’s heart for me ♪
除了我,没有他人
♪ Nobody but me ♪
丘比特,你可听到我的哭泣
♪ Cupid, please hear my cry… ♪
要出发了,你高兴极了吧?
Aren’t you excited as all hell to go?
很想看自己是不是真的那么有本事吧?
Don’t you want to see if you’re as good as you think?
丘比特
♪ Now, Cupid ♪
你没有听到我给你传的消息吗
♪ Don’t you hear me calling you ♪
我需要你,丘比特
♪ I need you, Cupid ♪
(爱尔兰共和国,都柏林波德诺空军基地)
一,一,一,二,一
Hey. Hey. Hey, yes, hey.
一,一…
Hey. Hey.
唐纳利
Donnelly.
脱掉裤子
Trousers.
每个人,年轻人和年人
♪ Everybody, young and old ♪
学习如何摇滚
♪ Learn how to rock ‘n’ roll ♪
在这里听,新的东西…
♪ Listen here, something new… ♪
天啊
Sweet Jesus!
踢踏,踢踏
♪ Foot stompin’, foot stompin’ ♪
踢踏,踢踏
♪ Foot stompin’, foot stompin’ ♪
踢踏,踢踏
♪ Foot stompin’, foot stompin’… ♪
会酸痛吗?
Is it going to be sore?
我不能看
I can’t watch.
这不会痛的
This won’t hurt.
你好
Hi.
我的未婚妻是一名护士,她说这会没事的
My fiancée is a nurse.She said this will be all right.
该死
Fuck.
就这样吗?
Is that it?
你知道我要去打仗吧?
You know I’m shipping off to war, yeah?
可能还来不及好好享受一个美好爱尔兰女人的爱,就死了
I might die without knowing the love of a good Irish woman.
踢踏,踢踏
♪ Foot stompin’, foot stompin’ ♪
踢踏,踢踏
♪ Foot stompin’, foot stompin’ ♪
踢踏,踢踏
♪ Foot stompin’, foot stompin’ ♪
踢踏,踢踏
♪ Foot stompin’, foot stompin’ ♪
踢踏,踢踏
♪ Foot stompin’, foot stompin’ ♪
美好时光
♪ A good time ♪
会没事的
I’ll be all right.
你有带外套吗?
Do you have your coat now?
妈,我们是去该死的赤道
Ma, we’re going to the feckin’ equator.
你在非洲最好不要乱说话
Better watch your feckin’ language in Africa!
所以你要出发了
So, you are on your way.
是的
Yeah.
你母亲会想念你的
Your mother will miss you.

Dad?
什么事?
Yeah?
我做了一个梦,我会在那里死掉
I had a dream I’m going to die over there.
不可能发生那种事
There’s no chance of that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!