Twenty-two years we’ve been married.
我们已经结婚二十二年
Twenty-two years I was proud of my wife.
二十二年来 我以我太太为傲
Well, she…
显然
…just didn’t want to grow old with me.
她不想跟我白头偕老
If you’ll send me your bill, I’ll take care of it immediately.
等你把帐单寄来 我就会马上付款
Thank you, Mr. Matuschek.
谢谢你 马朵查克先生
Good night. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Good evening.
晚上好
Hello?
喂?
No, Mrs. Matuschek. This is Miss Kaczek speaking.
不 马朵查克太太 我是寇斯塔克小姐
Good evening. Who?
晚上好 谁?
Pepi? No, Pepi isn’t back yet.
派比吗? 派比还没回来
I see, Mrs. Matuschek. He did some errands for you.
是的 马朵查克太太 他去替你跑腿
Oh, you don’t say!
不会吧?
He forgot to pick up a bottle of perfume at Chabot’s?
他忘了到夏波商店替你拿香水
Isn’t that too bad!
那真是太糟糕了
Yes, I’ll give a good scolding to the little rascal.
是的 我一定会好好教训这个小浑球
Have a good time, Mrs. Matuschek. Good night.
愿你有个快乐时光 马朵查克太太 晚安
Mr. Matuschek! Don’t do that! Go away! Go away!
马朵查克先生 别这样 走开 走开
No, Mr. Matuschek!
不要 马朵查克先生
Why don’t you go in, Kralik?
你这时候还在这里干嘛? 你为什么不进去 克拉里克?
I really think you should go in and keep your date.
我真的认为你应该赴约
Now, Pirovitch, just do me a favor and deliver my note.
皮洛维奇 帮我一个忙 帮我送个条子
All right.
好吧
Pirovitch, I don’t want to know what she looks like.
皮洛维奇 我不想知道她的长相
If she’s bad looking, I’ve had enough bad news for today.
如果她长得不好看 今天我已经够难受的了
If she’s lovely, it’ll be more difficult, so don’t tell me.
但如果她长得很漂亮 那简直是雪上加霜 所以请你不要告诉我
No, I won’t. Now, what’s the name of that book?
好 我不说 那本书叫什么名字?
– Anna Karenina, by Tolstoy. – Anna Karenina.
《安娜·卡列妮娜》 托尔斯泰 著 《安娜·卡列妮娜》
And a red carnation as a bookmark. Red carnation.
书里夹着一朵红色康乃馨 红色康乃馨 红色的
Now, let me see. Just a minute.
让我看看 等一下
Do you see anything? Not yet.
看到什么了吗? 还没有
There’s a beautiful girl! Really?
有一位漂亮的小姐 真的吗?
Very beautiful, but no book. No book.
很漂亮 可是没带书 没带书
Wait a minute. I think I see it. Yeah?
等一下 应该就是她 是吗?
Right here under the window. Yes.
就坐在窗户旁 是的
“Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.” That’s right.
有一本托尔斯泰写的《安娜·卡列妮娜》 那就对了
And a carnation.
还有一朵康乃馨
I can’t see her face. She’s sitting behind a clothes rack.
我看不到她的脸 她坐在衣架后面
There’s a cup of coffee on the table. Yeah?
桌上有一杯咖啡 是吗?
She’s taking a piece of cake.
她正在吃蛋糕
Kralik, she is dunking.
克拉里克 她把蛋糕泡湿了
Why shouldn’t she dunk? All right.
她不该泡吗? 好吧 好吧
All right. All right.
好吧 好吧
She is leaning forward now. She…
她现在向前靠过去 她…
Can you see her? Yes.
你看得见她吗? 看见了
Is she pretty? Very pretty.
她漂亮吗? 非常漂亮
She is?
真的?
I should say she looks…
我应该说她看起来…
She has a little of the coloring of Klara.
她有点像克拉娜
Klara? What, Miss Novak of the shop?
克拉娜? 店里的诺瓦克小姐?
Now, Kralik, you must admit Kiara’s a very good-looking girl.
克拉里克 你必须承认 克拉娜是位漂亮的小姐
Personally, I’ve always found her a very likeable girl.
我个人一向认为她很可爱
This is a fine time to talk about Miss Novak. Now–
是啊 现在真是谈论诺瓦克小姐的好时机
If you don’t like Miss Novak, I can tell you, you won’t like that girl.
如果你不喜欢诺瓦克小姐 那么我可以告诉你 你不会喜欢那个女孩
Why? Because it is Miss Novak.
为什么? 因为她就是诺瓦克小姐
Now…
那现在
…shall I give the note to the waiter? No.
要我把字条交给服务生吗? 不要
What do you want to do, let the poor girl wait?
你打算怎么办? 让那可怜的女孩空等吗?
Why shouldn’t Miss Novak wait?
为什么诺瓦克小姐不能等?
For the last six months she’s fought with me every day.
过去六个月来她天天跟我吵架
But still, she wrote those letters, my friend.
可是那些信是她写的 朋友
I know. My misfortune.
是的 那是我的不幸
Goodbye, Pirovitch. Goodbye, Kralik.
再见 皮洛维奇 再见 克拉里克
Thank you.
谢谢你
Excuse me, miss, could I have this chair? Oh, no! No, you can’t!
对不起 小姐 我能把这张椅子搬走吗? 不可以
I’m expecting somebody. He should be here any minute.
我正在等人 他随时都会到
That’s all right. That’s…
好吧 那个…
Carnation, huh?
康乃馨?
A few nights ago we had a case with roses. Turned out very nice, very nice.
几天前有人用玫瑰做暗号♥ 结果非常圆♥满♥
But once, about three months ago, we had a very sad case with gardenias.
但大约在三个月以前 我们有个很悲惨的案例 那次是用栀子花
She waited all evening and nobody came.
她等了一整晚却没有人出现
And when we cleaned the cafe, underneath one of the tables…
后来我们清扫咖啡厅时
…we found another gardenia.
在某张桌下发现另一朵栀子花
Imagine, the man must’ve come in…
你可以想象
…taken one look at her, said, “Phooey,” and threw away his gardenia.
一定是那人进来看了小姐之后 很不屑的把栀子花扔了
Is your clock a little fast? My own says 8:27 and yours says 8:31.
你的钟是不是太快了? 我的表才8点27分 你的已经8点31分了
Listen, you have nothing to worry about, a pretty girl like you.
听我说 像你这么漂亮的小姐 根本不用担心
If he doesn’t come, I’ll put on a carnation myself.
如果他没来 我会自己戴上康乃馨
Waiter. Yes, sir.
服务生 是的 先生
Hello, Miss Novak. Good evening, Mr. Kralik.
你好 诺瓦克小姐 晚上好 克拉里克先生
It’s quite a coincidence. I had an appointment here, too.
真巧 我也在这里有约
You haven’t seen Mr. Pirovitch by chance? No, no, I haven’t.
你没看到皮洛维奇先生吧? 没有 我没见到
All right. Well, I think I’ll wait.
好吧 看来我只好等了
Do you mind if I sit down? Yes, I do.
你介意我坐下吗? 是的 我介意
You know, I have an appointment, too, Mr. Kralik.
我也有约会 克拉里克先生
Oh, yes, I remember. Yes.
对了 我记起来了
My, your friend seems to be a little late. And I’ll thank you not to be sarcastic.
不过你朋友好像迟到了 如果你不要这样挖苦我 我会很感谢你
I know you’ve had a bad day, and you feel very bitter.
我知道你今天很难过 可能感觉有点痛苦
Still, that’s no reason Bitter? Me?
但是没有任何理由… 痛苦? 我吗?
About leaving Matuschek and Company?
就因为离开马朵查克公♥司♥?
When I got home and sat at the phone…
当我回家后坐在电♥话♥旁
…in five minutes I had what amounts to two offers.
五分钟内就有了两个工作机会
I congratulate you. I wish you good luck.
恭喜你 祝你好运
I see you’re reading Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina.
我看到你在读《安娜·卡列妮娜》
Yes, do you mind?
是的 你有意见吗?
No, no, I just didn’t expect to meet you in a café…
不 我只是没想到会在咖啡厅遇到你带着托尔斯泰的书
…with Tolstoy, that’s all. It’s quite a surprise.
这实在太意外了
I didn’t know you cared for high literature.
我不知道你对文学有兴趣
There are many things you don’t know about me, Mr. Kralik.
我还有很多你不知道的事 克拉里克先生
Have you read Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky?
你看过陀斯妥耶夫斯基写的《罪与罚》吗?
No, I haven’t. I have.
不 我没看过 我看过了
There are many things you don’t know about me, Miss Novak.
我也有很多你不知道的事 诺瓦克小姐
As a matter of fact…
事实上
…there might be a lot we don’t know about each other.
我们彼此都不了解
People seldom go to the trouble of scratching the surface of things…
你知道 人们很少揭开事物表象
…to find the inner truth.
去了解真正的内在
I really wouldn’t care to scratch your surface, Mr. Kralik…
我并不想揭开你的表象 克拉里克先生
because I know exactly what I’d find.
因为我知道自己会发现什么
Instead of a heart, a handbag.
不是一颗心 而是一个手提袋
Instead of a soul, a suitcase.
不是灵魂 而是一个行李箱
And instead of an intellect, a cigarette lighter which doesn’t work.
不是才智 而是一个点不着的打火机
That’s very nicely put.
那真是贴切的比喻
Yes.
是啊
Comparing my intellect with a cigarette lighter that doesn’t work.
把我的才智跟点不着的打火机相比
Yeah, that’s a very interesting mixture of poetry and meanness.
是的 这真是巧妙地融合了诗意与恶意
Meanness? Let me–
恶意? 让我告诉你…
Don’t misunderstand me. I’m only trying to pay you a compliment.
别误会 诺瓦克小姐 我只是想恭维你
Mr. Kralik, please! I told you I was expecting somebody.
克拉里克先生 拜托 我告诉过你 我正在等人
Look, if your party doesn’t show up, would I–
如果你约会的对象没来 我可不可以…
Don’t worry about that. My party will show up.
你别担心 我的对象一定会来
So you don’t have to entertain me.
所以你用不着逗我开心
Have you read Zola’s Madame Bovary? Madame Bovary is not by Zola.
你看过左拉的《包法利夫人》吗? 《包法利夫人》不是左拉写的
Mr. Kralik, are you still here?
克拉里克先生 你还在?
Are you deliberately trying to spoil my evening?
你故意要破坏我的约会吗?
Why do you want to do me harm? Why do you hate me so?
你为什么要伤害我? 你为什么这么讨厌我?
I don’t. I suppose you love me.
我并不讨厌你 我还以为你爱我
Why should I? What’ve you done to make me love you?
不 我为什么要? 你做了什么让我会爱你?
I don’t want you to love me. I don’t!
我并不希望你爱我 我不爱
Do you know what that tune reminds me of?
你知道这首曲子让我想起了什么吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!