Maybe some should have done it to their own brother…
或许有人可以对她们的亲哥那样
my father.
比如我父亲
Cousin Nolan dropped by last night.
诺兰表兄昨夜来了
I always thought if anyone knew,
我总在想若有任何人知道的话
I’d be turned to stone.
我会变成石头
Shit!
瞎扯
Here.
给
Tea’s a good drink.
茶是好饮料
It’ll keep you going.
使你有精神
When someone hurts you that much,
当有人那样伤害你
how do you…
你是如何
Does it ever go away?
忘记过吗
Is it possible?
可能吗
Her name was Irene.
她叫爱伦
The love of my life.
我一生所爱
You look happy.
你看起来很幸福
So, yeah, it is possible.
是的 可能会忘记
Agnis tells me we got to move for the winter.
艾格尼斯告诉我冬天要搬家
It’ll be a three-hour drive from here to the point. All the ice…
从这里开车要3个小时 全是冰
Me and Bunny, we’re going to have to find a room in town somewhere.
我和巴妮需要找个房♥子
I’ll have the usual, please, Annie. Thank you.
和以前一样 安妮 谢谢
Well, if it’s a place to stay you need, you can have my trailer.
如果只是住的话 你可住我的拖车
Timing’s perfect.
时间刚刚好
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
My boat’s ready.
我的船准备好了
If I stay here any longer, I might begin to like the place.
如果我再呆下去 可能会喜欢上这个地方
I’m throwing myself a farewell party on Saturday.
我在星期六搞一个告别宴会
Departure to follow Sunday. The rootless traitor.
过了星期天就走 到处漂荡的叛徒
Regrets soon after, no doubt.
很快就反悔 毫无疑问
Quoyle of the north!
北方的科伊尔
Quoyle of the north.
北方的科伊尔
Have you and Wavey done the dirty yet?
你和韦美搞定了没?
Shh! She’s the grieving widow.
她是个伤心的寡妇
Grieving for Herold Prowse. Oh, that’s a good one.
为哈罗德·普拉斯伤心 那真不错
Let me tell you something about old Herold Prowse.
我告诉你一些老哈罗德·普拉斯的事情
It’s like a party game in town…
就象城里的一个舞会游戏
to look at babies and see if they look like Herold.
看看孩子们是否象哈罗德
Everyone! To Nutbeem!
所有人 敬萘毕姆
To Nutbeem!
敬萘毕姆
We all loves our fucking Nutbeem, what?
我们都喜欢该死的萘毕姆 对不?
Lets us keep him here then!
那我们把他留在这里
Got your chainsaw, Neddie?
拿来你的链锯吗 奈迪
Nutbeem!
萘毕姆
What’s wrong?
出什么事了
I’m a Quoyle.
我是科伊尔家的
I’m one of the Quoyles,
我是科伊尔家成员
pirates and looters and murderers.
海盗 抢劫犯 杀人犯
My father raped his little sister,
我父亲强♥暴♥了他的小妹妹
and then he taught me how to swim.
然后他教我如何游泳
Stop that. Jesus, you smell like a brewery.
别说了 上帝 你闻着象酿酒厂
Stop it.
别这样
Go on, Herry. Go on.
过去 亨利 过去
Stop it!
别这样
Herry.
亨利
Sorry, Herry.
对不起 亨利
I’m sorry, Petal.
对不起 帕多
I’m so sorry.
对不起
I meant Wavey.
我是说韦美
Good. I feel much better.
好 我感觉好多了
When were you going to tell me…
你打算什么时候告诉我
about your fucked-up marriage?
你那可恶的婚姻?
I’m scrambling eggs. Are you gonna be able to eat?
我在做♥鸡♥蛋 你想吃点吗
No.
不
Listen, I’m…
听着 我
Maybe I should just go.
我应该直接离开
You forget where the door is?
你忘了门在哪儿
He ran off to Winnipeg with some little bitch.
他和婊♥子♥跑到了温尼伯湖
She was barely out of high school.
她才刚刚高中毕业
Is that fucked up enough for you?
你满意了?
Herold, my husband, he didn’t die.
哈罗德 我的丈夫 他没有死
Not that he didn’t deserve to.
并不是他不该死
He left me when I was eight months pregnant…
他离开我时我怀着8个月的身孕
no good to him in bed.
躺在床上对他没用
So I took his 15-footer out into the bay,
我带着他的船到了海湾
cracked the hull with a hatchet and sunk her…
用斧子砸坏船体 把船沉了下去
and pretended he was drowned…
假装他被淹死了
and played the grieving widow…
扮作一个伤心的寡妇
and packed my bags to leave town.
打点行装离开了那城镇
But then a funny thing happened.
但一个有趣的事发生了
All these folk I grew up with,
所有和我一起长大的人
they put their hearts around me and Herry
用爱心环围着我和亨利
so we wouldn’t be alone.
所以我们并不孤独
And I just couldn’t leave.
我只是舍不得离开
I’m sorry, Wavey.
对不起 韦美
You’re always sorry.
你总是对不起
You’re looking dishy, Quoyle.
你很有魅力 科伊尔
I’m afraid my offer to let you stay in my trailer
让你用我的拖车的建议
will have to be retracted.
恐怕要收回了
Sorry about that.
真为那事难过
And your boat.
还有你的船
I’m some disgusted with the human race.
我对人类非常厌烦
I never would have made it anyway.
我还不如不造它呢
Storms would have blown me to bits.
暴风雨会把我撕成碎片
You boys saved my life, I imagine.
我想象你们救了我的命
I’ve gathered up my savings, and I’m flying back to Brazil…
我去除我的积蓄 准备飞回巴西
where the water is swimming-pool green.
那里的水象游泳池里的水一样蓝
You and Bunny can stay with the wife and me.
你和巴妮可以住在我家
To Brazil.
敬巴西
To Brazil.
敬巴西
Brazil.
巴西
We can stay with Aunt Agnis over at her shop.
我们可以和姑妈艾格尼斯住在她店里
Barely enough room there for myself.
那里我一个人都住不下
You’ll like it at Dennis’ house, sweetie.
你会喜欢丹尼斯的房♥子 宝贝
No, I won’t.
不 我不会
Hi, Quoyle. Hi, Bunny.
嗨 科伊尔 嗨 巴妮
Welcome, weary travellers.
欢迎疲惫的旅行者
Our home’s your home. No, it’s not.
我们的家就是你们的家 不 它不是
Come on in. Bunny.
进来吧 巴妮
Come on in, sweetie. I made a big seal-flipper pie.
进来 宝贝 我做了个大海豹鳍饼
What’s that?
那是什么
Weather light. Storm coming.
气象灯 风暴要来了
Big one.
大风暴
The house… the house…
房♥子 房♥子
house.
房♥子
I…
我
What is it, Quoyle?
怎么了 科伊尔?
What?
发生了什么
It’s gone.
它走了
What? The green house is gone.
什么 绿房♥子走了
I didn’t dream it.
我不是做梦
Don’t say I did.
别说是我做梦
Oh, hi, Mum. Some storm, eh?
哦 是妈妈 有暴风雨?
What?
什么?
Yes. Yes, of course.
是 是 当然
What’s a wake?
什么是守丧?
It’s to say goodbye.
就是说再见
Mr Buggit is sleeping with the angels.
巴戈特先生与天使同眠
He was a hard man, but he was fair.
他是个倔强的人 但他很公正
Another one for the Buggit curse.
又一个巴戈特诅咒
Dennis…
丹尼斯