“Let’s all hang a picture of an oil tanker on our wall.”
“让我们都在墙上挂上油轮的画”
Man of your principles…
象你这有原则的人
I understand the only honourable course is resignation.
我明白 唯一有脸面的办法就是辞职
And if you’re off to see Jack Buggit, you’re gonna have to swim.
如果你要去见杰克·巴戈特 得游着去
For I runs the Gammy Bird, every inch of it,
因为盖米·伯德是我的
which he’d have to do without me.
任何事情他都离不开我
And if you think he’s going to choose you over fishing,
如果你认为他会因你放弃钓鱼
then you’re dumber than a doughnut.
那你比甜饼圈还傻
If that’s possible.
那是不可能的
Jack?
杰克
For Christ sakes, Quoyle, cut your motor!
科伊尔 关掉你的马达
All right, what’s the emergency?
好吧 有什么急事?
Can’t it wait till I’m done fishing? It’s about my column.
不能等我钓完鱼吗 关于我的专栏
Card, he printed it not the way I wrote it.
卡德 他没按我写的印
Well, so?
那 怎样
You disapprove how Card runs my newspaper…
你不知道卡德怎样运作我的报纸
enough to lose your job?
足以让你失去工作
Yes or no?
是不是
Yes.
对 不知道
So, this is what Jack and I think:
这是杰克和我的想法
We want to run Quoyle’s wrong-headed oil spills story
我们接着发科伊尔的固执的石油泄露文章
because controversy sells papers,
因为争论可以卖♥♥报纸
and papers sells ads.
报纸可以卖♥♥广♥告♥
But the oil tanker picture stays.
但是油轮的照片保留
You should have seen Tert’s face. Yeah?
你该看看卡德那张脸 是吗
Oh, it was a beautiful thing.
太开心了
That’s all right, I’ve seen it.
好了 我看到了
Oh, it’s great.
很不错呀
Let’s see what the special is.
看看有什么特色菜
How do you feel about ordering to go?
来份”托锅”怎么样?
You ever had that before?
你以前没听说过?
No, what is it?
没有 是什么
Seal-flipper pie.
海豹鳍饼
Yeah, it’s made from, like, the knuckle part of the flipper.
它是用鳍的关节做的
The slimy cartilage part.
粘糊糊的软骨部分
Yeah, it’s good, though.
还不错
I mean, it’s a good choice if you like that sort of thing.
如果你喜欢那类东西 是个不错的选择
I… You know, I’m really not all that hungry.
你知道 我并不是很饿
I just wanted, you know, to come and sit.
我只是想来坐坐
I had a big lunch today. Yeah.
今天中午吃得很多 嗯
They say you’re not a real Newfoundlander…
人们说你不是真正的纽芬兰人
till you’ve had a piece of seal-flipper pie.
直到你吃一块海豹鳍饼
That’s what they say? Yeah, that’s right.
是这么说的吗 是的
Mmm, good. That’s surprising.
很好 令人吃惊
I never eat it, myself. You never eat this?
我自己从没吃过 你没吃过?
This is horrible.
太难吃了
Here, I got you some real food. Look.
给 真正的食物
Christ. I knew somebody was out here.
上帝 我就知道有人到这里来
Oh, for Christ’s sake.
上帝保佑
He’s still burning off the fever.
他还在发高烧
Any feeling yet?
感觉怎样?
Little tingles.
有点灼痛
You’re lucky.
你很幸运
I’m fine.
我没事
I’ll be ready to get right back in that water
我会准备好再回到水里
in another 20, 30 years.
20或30年以内吧
Do you know how close you were to dying?
你知道你离死亡有多近吗
I’ll get my uncle, Alvin Yark, to build you a proper boat.
我让我伯父艾温·亚克 给你造条真正的船
And learn how to use it, okay?
学会怎样用它 好吗
Okay.
好的
Good.
很好
Were the eyes open or closed?
眼睛睁着还是闭着?
I don’t know.
我不知道
Just said it was a disembodied head.
据说是被肢解的头颅
What’d the police have to say about it?
警♥察♥对这件事怎么说
Still working on it.
正在调查
A little late to return the head to its owner, though.
现在把头放回去也晚了
Hello, nephew.
你好 侄子
Police bulletin:
警♥察♥公告:
“Mrs Silver Melville was arrested early today…
“西尔瓦·梅尔维尔夫人因杀害自己的丈夫
in Lanai, Hawaii, for the murder of her husband,
社交名流 演讲家 贝尼特·梅尔维尔先生
socialite and raconteur, Mr Bayonet Melville.
而在夏威夷拉奈岛被捕”
‘He pushed me once too often,’ Mrs Melville confessed,
‘他常常强迫我’ 梅尔维尔夫人供认
so I finally pushed back.'”
所以我最终反击'”
Good for you, my dear.
你的好消息 亲爱的
Well, he probably deserved it.
这也许是他该得到的下场
Don’t get your hopes up.
不要希望太大了
You’re the first man who ever cooked for me.
你是第一个给我做饭的男人
You got a lot of leeway.
允许出错
How are they?
他们怎么样?
They’re both asleep in Bunny’s bed.
他们在巴妮的床上睡了
Should we trust them?
那样没问题吗
I can do this. You just don’t think…
我可以做这个 你不是在想
Oh, no. No, I know. Here. I can’t…
让我来吧 不 我知道
Let me do that, all right?
让我来吧 好不好
There you go.

Can you feel that? Yeah.
能感觉到吗 能
Through your bandage?
透过你的绷带?
What?
什么?
Your husband, he never…
你丈夫 他从不
He never cooked you a meal?
他从没为你做过饭?
Why are we talking about my husband?
为什么谈论我的丈夫?
Because I understand.
因为我理解
You said, “It’s four years ago and it’s yesterday.”
你说 “已经4年了 但就象发生在昨天”
I understand that.
我明白那种感受
My husband’s not who we’re talking about, right?
我丈夫不是我们要谈论的 对吗
I’ll go get Herry.
我去给亨利换床
He wouldn’t like waking up in a strange bed.
他不喜欢醒后发现自己在陌生的床上
Who are you?
你是谁
I tied magic in these knots…
我在这些结上下了咒
to protect you from the house.
保护你免遭那房♥子之害
No good ever come from the old place. Never, never… never.
老地方永远不会带来好处 永远不会…
You… you have no…
你 你有没有…
business in the Quoyle house.
你和科伊尔家的房♥子有没有关系
I get you out of there.
我把你带走
But I am a Quoyle.
但我是科伊尔家人
A Quoyle?
你是科伊尔家的?
I was a Quoyle before you was anything.
在你什么都不是的时候我就是科伊尔
Leave the house.
离开那房♥子
Tell, uh… Agnis hello from…
代诺兰表兄
Cousin Nolan.
向艾格尼斯问好
You know why Agnis come back?
你知道艾格尼斯为什么回来?
To show she ain’t afraid of the place no more.
为了说明她再也不怕这个地方
‘Cause I know what she’s done. I know.
因为我知道她干了什么 我知道
She got rid of the baby she was carrying.
她打掉了怀上的孩子
What could she do? What?
她能怎么办?
She was only 12.
她当时只有12岁
And it was her own brother that done it to her.
并且是她亲哥哥造的蘖
No.

No! No! No!
别 不要这样
Please! No!
求你 不要
No! Please!
求你不要
Does that belong to you? Sorry.
那是你的吗 对不起
There’s still hot water in the kettle, if you want some tea.
如果你想泡茶 壶里还有热水
I’ve started looking for a place for me and Bunny.
我开始给我和巴妮找房♥子了
You sure you’re going to be okay at your shop?
你肯定你在铺子里没问题吗
I said I would, didn’t I?
我说过没事 不是吗
I think Silver Melville was right to chop her husband’s head off.
西尔瓦·梅尔维尔把她丈夫的头割下来 做的对
He probably deserved it.
他或许罪有应得
I think more women should do what she did.
我想更多的妇女应该做她所做

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!