It was nice to see you again. Nice to see you.
很高兴再见到你 我也是
Bye, Herry. Bye.
再见 亨利 再见
Dennis?
丹尼斯
Bunny.
巴妮
W-What are you doing?
你在干什么
She’s boring.
这个无聊
Boring.
无聊
How was Bunny when you picked her up from day care?
你从日托所接巴妮的时候 她怎么样
All right. A little snotty.
挺好的 有点流鼻涕
What’s that?
那是什么
Robert Burns.
罗伯特·彭斯
Someone gave that to you.
别人给你的?
Someone that you’re missing.
你在想念的那个人
Six year ago today.
6年前的今天
Leukaemia.
白血病
We weren’t married,
我们没结婚
but that’s a technicality.
但那代表不了什么
That your boat? Yeah, I just bought her.
那是你的船? 对 刚买♥♥的
One question remains… Why?
就一个问题 为什么买♥♥
Well, she’s a speedboat.
那是高速游艇
It’s a shit boat. Wallowing, cockeyed bastard.
那是狗屁船 荒唐愚昧的笨蛋
It’ll sink in a bathtub. Makes you cry to look at her.
在浴缸里它也会沉 让你看着她哭
Just a coffin, boy.
只是个棺材 小子
Let me know when you’re serious.
当你认真的时候 告诉我
I’ll take you down to see Alvin Yark.
我会带你去找艾温·亚克
He’ll make you up a sweet little rodney.
他会把你打扮成可爱的小罗德尼
You don’t have the sense God gave a doughnut, do you?
你不知道上帝给的油炸圈饼 是不是?
I’m going home.
我回家了
The best you can do is bury it some dark night.
你最好趁夜黑埋了它
What in hell a name’s this?
这是什么鬼名字?
“Hitler’s Barge.”
“希♥特♥勒♥的游艇”
Uh, that’s, uh, a vessel in port.
那是 港口的一条船
It goes with the “Shipping News.”
它发在”航运新闻”中
So, what about the motorcycle accident?
那么 摩托车车祸呢?
Oh, I’m still working on that, but I think this is a better story.
我还在写 但我认为这个故事更好
What do you mean?
你什么意思
You didn’t do the one Jack wanted you to do?
你不写杰克让你写的
You did one that he don’t know you did?
你写的他却不知道
Well, this is worse than your boat.
这比你的船更糟糕
Jack even sniffs this, he’ll cut you up for lobster bait.
杰克甚至预料到了 他会把你劈了当龙虾饵
I think I’ll run it.
我想我还是发表吧
and he crawled off the grass onto a branch,
接着他爬出草丛到树枝上
and he made a cocoon,
做了一个象房♥子的茧
which is like a house, except it’s for a caterpillar…
只是为了毛毛虫
Hey, Bunny. Shh. I’m reading.
巴妮 我在读书呢
He thinks I know how.
他以为我知道怎么做
Oh, oh… no, no…
别 别
Go on, get the pig.
去吧 抓住那猪
See you tomorrow.
明天见
Oh, bye, Sarah. Bye, Patrick. Bye.
再见 莎拉 帕特里克 再见
Hey, can you hold these rods together for me?
能帮我抓紧这些木棒吗?
You have to hold them flush against each other.
你必须让它们平直地靠在一起
Okay. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
Be careful, honey.
小心 宝贝
I want to see if it can fly.
我想看看它能不能飞
Well, not in the house, sweetheart.
不能在房♥间里 亲爱的
Throw it up in the air, high as you can.
把它扔向空中 越高越好
Okay. And count till it comes down.
好的 数数直到它落下来
Hey. Have you been to flight school?
你去过飞行学校吗
Not really. No? Oh, my.
没有 没有?
Aunt?
姑妈?
Hey, guess what? Just keep it down.
猜猜怎样 摁住它
This is my assistant, Mavis Bangs.
这是我的助手梅维斯·邦斯
Oh, hello. How are you?
你好 你好
Did you read my article on the Hitler boat?
你读了我写的希♥特♥勒♥的船的文章没?
What?
怎么了
Silver and Bennett Melville were clients of mine.
西尔瓦和班尼特·梅尔维尔是我的客户
They pulled anchor last night without paying a penny…
在我们为他们做了那么多事情后
for all the work we did for them. The buggers.
他们昨晚却一分钱也没给就走了 讨厌的人
Now, you find out where they’re to, we’ll give you the Pulitzer.
你找到他们的话 我们给你普利策奖
What, you make juju beads out of lobster feelers?
怎么 你用龙虾的须做护符珠子
Oh, that’s pretty remarkable, missus.
那真是非同一般 夫人
Now, where do you export these? Haiti?
那么你准备出口到哪里 海地
Oh, well… um, I’ll tell you what. I’ll-I’ll, uh, do my best.
好 我会… 我会尽力的
I’ll try to get you a bit of ink in the next edition, how’s that?
我会在下一版帮你加重颜色 怎么样
Well, you know, these things take some time to work out, you know?
你知道这些事 需要一些时间来解决
Card? Hold on.
卡德 别挂
If you’re going to shanghai me office, Tert,
卡德 如果你想瞒着我
you best conceal the evidence.
你最好把证据都藏起来
Oh, no, Jack… Nah.
杰克 不是那样… 打住
This, uh, Hitler boat…
这个《希♥特♥勒♥的船》
You assign it?
是你指派的?
Nope, sir. It wasn’t my idea.
不先生 不是我的主意
Get me Quoyle.
叫科伊尔来
Quoyle… he wants you.
科伊尔 他找你
Mr Buggit, it was what you said… Have a seat.
巴戈特先生 你找我? 坐
I got four phone calls last night about the Hitler boat.
昨晚我接到4个关于《希♥特♥勒♥的船》的电♥话♥
Four.
4个
People enjoyed it. Mrs Buggit liked it.
大家喜欢它 巴戈特夫人喜欢它
Of course, you don’t know nothing about boats,
当然 你对船一窍不通
but that’s entertaining, too.
但故事有趣
So, listen here, me old son, I’m giving you a weekly column.
你听着 我的孩子 我交给你一个周刊
A story about a different boat every week.
每周讲一个各种各样船的故事
Human stuff.
人性化的内容
Who owned the boat, who lived and died on her, who drowned,
谁是船主 在船上的生与死 被淹死
who was saved, who lost his fortune,
谁获救了 谁失去了财产
who had his heart broke.
谁伤心欲绝
You follow?
听到了
Tert!
卡德
Jack?
杰克?
Order this boy a new computer.
给他订一台新计算机
And buy him a real one, not one of them Japan clones.
买♥♥一台真的 不要日本复♥制♥品
You got that?
听清楚了?
Oh, Mr Buggit, I-I-I don’t know what to say.
巴戈特先生 我不知道说什么才好
Did I not tell you? My name is Jack.
我没告诉过你吗 叫我杰克
Jack.
杰克
IBM, please.
请买♥♥IBM的
Get back to your work, Quoyle.
回去工作吧 科伊尔
Lumbering Idiot Stuns Crowd… For a Change.
笨拙的白♥痴♥吓倒众人 只因一个改变
Herry Prowse!
亨利·普拉斯
Look how well your kite is doing.
看你的风筝 飞得多好
Are you making it dance with your thoughts?
是你的思想让它起舞吗?
Your kite is doing so much better than Mr Quoyle’s.
比科伊尔先生的飞得好多了
Do you think Bunny’s strange…
你认为巴妮奇怪吗
I mean, mentally?
我是指 精神上的
The skinny ghost with the white dog?
瘦鬼和白狗?
She told you about that?
她告诉你的?
Maybe she’s sensitive. The way some folks are around here.
或许她比较敏感 象周围的某些人
And what about the necklaces?
那项链怎么解释呢
Do you know how many of those she makes? I mean…
你知道她做了多少吗 我是说
And I found her bashing her baby doll’s brains out with a hammer.
我发现她 用锤子把洋娃娃的脑子敲出来
A baby doll doesn’t have brains. It’s a toy.
洋娃娃没有脑子 那是个玩具
Do you know she’s…
你知道吗 她…
saving a room for her mother?
还给她妈妈留着房♥间
Did she tell you that? Yeah.
她告诉过你? 是的
Is she strange, that’s all? Is she okay? If-If you had to take a guess.
她就是怪怪的 你觉得她有事吗?
That little girl’s the only friend my son ever had.
那小女孩是我儿子唯一的朋友
So she’s strange, you bet.
所以你说她怪不怪
It crashed!
坠落了
All right. There you go.
好了 去吧