Is Mummy at work now?
妈妈在上班?
No, she’s asleep with the angels.
不 她和天使在睡觉
I am a bunny rabbit.
我是巴妮小兔子
Oh, you certainly are.
你当然是
Boing, boing, boing, boing…
无聊 无聊 无聊 无聊
Whi-Which of those women are in charge here?
这些女士 谁是负责人
Neither of them. They’re just mums.
都不是 都是妈妈
Oh, ’cause somebody really ought to be paying more attention to them.
真是需要有人 注意她们
I mean, look at that. There’s scissors on the ground.
我是说 看看那儿 地上有剪刀
I mean, somebody really ought to be supervising them, don’t you think?
我是说 需要有人监督她们 你认为呢
Yeah.
是的
Better get back to work. Supervising and all.
最好回去上班了 去监督
I’m Wavey Prowse.
我是韦美·普拉斯
I run the place.
我经营这个地方
They are having entirely too much fun, aren’t they?
他们在这里很开心 不是吗
It’s a constant problem around here.
这里没完没了的问题
Headline:
标题:
Bumbling Dad Humiliated at Day Care.
装模作样的父亲 在托儿所受辱
Quoyle!
科伊尔
C’mon over, Quoyle!
快过来 科伊尔
Order’s up now. Come and get it.
拿菜单来
Hmm. You’ve been to the harbourmaster’s.
你去码头工头那里了
Yeah, boats in, boats out.
是 船进船出的
Not exactly the stuff of legends.
不是传奇故事的材料
Sometimes there’s a story behind the story.
时常故事后面还有故事
What can I do you for, then?
您需要什么?
Oh, um, I’ll have, uh, what-whatever they’re having.
我要… 他们在吃什么
What are you having? Squid burger. It’s good.
你在吃什么 鱿鱼饼 不错的
All right, then. You want some fries with that?
那好吧 你还要些油炸的吗
Okay.
好的
All right, then, be back.
好吧 很快就好
Have you got yourself a boat yet? No.
你搞到自己的船了没 没有
You ought to get Alvin Yark to build you one.
你应该让艾温·亚克给你造
Or you could buy Nutbeem’s.
或者买♥♥萘毕姆的
I built a Chinese junk.
我做了个中国舢板
Sailed it up from Brazil.
从巴西开来
Unfortunately, I missed Manhattan by a mile or two
不幸的是 我错过了 曼哈顿岛一两英里
and got stranded here when I shipwrecked by Gaze Island.
并且在凝视岛失事 束手无策地到了这里
I’ve almost finished my repairs. I’ll be sailing away soon.
快修好了 我将很快出海
She’s ugly, and… the only thing I’ve ever loved.
她很丑 并且 是我唯一所爱
Eh, your story tugs at me bladder.
你的故事触动了我的膀胱
Excuse me.
麻烦让一下
Um, what is it between those two?
他们俩怎么回事
First thing: You have to understand about the curse.
首先 你必须明白诅咒的事
Jack Buggit’s father, his grandfather,
杰克巴戈特的父亲 他的爷爷
his great-grandfather, all died at sea.
他的老爷爷都死在海里
Second thing: Jack is… sensitive.
其次: 杰克他 很敏感
Especially about the sea.
特别是对大海
“Sensitive.”
“敏感”
It’s what they call people around here who, um, “know” things.
这里的人都这样叫 他们”预知”事情
So, Dennis is forbidden the sea.
所以 丹尼斯被禁止出海
But being free,
由于闲来无事
Newfie and 21, he goes anyway.
21岁的他总之出海了
What? And that’s enough? Death storm.
怎么 完了? 死亡风暴
A massive wave cracks her steel hull amidships,
一个巨浪打裂了 钢铁做的船体中部
a one-inch crack from starboard to port.
从左舷到右舷 一条一英寸的裂缝
Men go in the water. Dennis is lost.
人们掉到海里 丹尼斯不见了
After about a week,
一个星期以后
they come to Jack and tell him the search is to be called off.
他们告诉杰克搜寻取消了
Jack stands like a stone.
杰克象石头一样站着
Then he turns… quick, the way he does… and says…
然后突然转身 他常这样 说道
“He’s alive…
“他还活着
and I know where.”
我知道在哪里 ”
So, off he goes, out to sea…
这样 他出海了
on his own, in just a skiff…
一个人 一只小船
and finds Dennis.
并且找到了丹尼斯
Can you imagine the odds?
你能想象这种概率吗?
Finds him. Finds him.
竟然找到了
Both arms broken, 99% dead.
两只手臂都断掉 只剩下一口气
The boy comes to.
就是这样
And Jack says to him, “If you ever step foot…
杰克对他说 “如果你再敢上船
in a boat again, I’ll drown you myself.”
我亲手淹死你”
And do you know what Dennis said?
你知道丹尼斯怎么说?
Say it fast. He said…
快点说 他说
“All fishing licences are spoken for.
“捕鱼许可证都发放出去了
I’d appreciate it if you gave me yours.”
如果你能把你的给我 我会很感激”
Jack looked in his eyes, and they never spoke again. Quoyle.
杰克盯着他 从此再没搭理他 科伊尔
you got the “Shipping News” written up yet?
你把”航运新闻”写好了吗?
Oh, yes.
写好了
There’s nothing here.
上面没啥东西
Boats in, boats out. What else is there?
船进船出 还能有什么
If I knew, I’d write it myself.
如果我知道 我会自己写
I took a chance on you, Quoyle.
我给了你机会 科伊尔
Don’t let me down.
别让我失望
Go get the aspirin now!
去拿阿斯匹林
Oh, shut up!
住口
I had as much to drink last night as you did!
我昨晚跟你喝的一样多
Excuse me.
打扰
Do I know you?
我们认识吗
I’m a… I-I work for the local paper.
我是 我为本地报纸工作
I do the-the “Shipping News.”
负责”航运新闻”
I was just… Is this your boat?
我正想 这是你的船吗
That’s a boat.
那个才是船
This is a Botterjacht.
这是”波特”游艇
She was built for Hitler.
是为希♥特♥勒♥造的
He was the original owner. Really?
他是原来的主人 真的?
I-I just wanted to ask you a-a couple of questions.
我想问你几个问题
The finest Botterjacht ever built in Holland.
荷兰造的最好的”波特”游艇
Tell him what happened in Hurricane Bob.
告诉他飓风波比来时发生的事
And she’s incredibly heavy. 40 tons of solid oak.
她不可思议地重 40吨♥硬橡木
Tell him!
告诉他
She broke free of her moorings…
她挣离了她的系泊处
and pounded six boats expensive ones… to rubble.
把6只昂贵的船撞碎
Now tell him who let our insurance lapse.
告诉他谁让我们失去保险赔偿
Oh, it took six
用了6个昂贵的律师
very expensive lawyers to weasel us out of it.
才使我们摆脱麻烦
Jesus! An inch from bankruptcy.
上帝 几乎要破产了
Moral of the story? When you marry a tour guide,
这件事告诉我们 当你跟一个导游结婚
confine his authority to mixing the drinks.
只让他调饮料就好
Did I come at a bad time? Yeah.
我来的不是时候? 嗯
Ten years ago would’ve been better.
十年前来会好些
Wife Fires Artillery on Hitler’s Boat.
妻子向希♥特♥勒♥的船开火
Hello. Hi.
你好 你好
You guys need a ride?
你们要搭车吗?
Thanks, but, uh, Herry likes to walk.
谢谢 不过亨利喜欢走路
Oh. Well, it’s a nice day for a walk.
好吧 是散步的好天气
Mr Quoyle, about the other day?
科伊尔先生 那天…
I’m sorry we got off on the wrong foot.
我很抱歉有点误会
No, that’s, that’s all right.
没事 那没什么
I-I was way off base.
是我离谱了
I-I admire anybody that works with kids.
我钦佩每个儿童工作者
That’s the hardest job in the world, you know?
那是世上最难的工作
I’mI’m a journalist, myself. Really?
我是记者 真的?
Have you seen our local paper?
你看本地报纸了吗
Strictly fish wrap.
真是包鱼纸
What?
什么?
I’m the new reporter there.
我是新来的记者
No, I’m-I’m sure…
不 我肯定
That’ll be, uh…
那是…
Good luck to you. Oh, thank you very much.
祝你走运 非常感谢