Yeah, well, it’ll work out.
好吧 总会解决的
Hello. You must be Quoyle.
你好 你一定是科伊尔
B. Beaufield Nutbeem.
毕·费尔德·萘毕姆
I head up the foreign news department.
我负责国外新闻部门
Steals every story off that goddamn short wave.
从那该死的短波中 搜集每一条新闻
Which Tert takes the liberty of rewriting…
卡德用他那神秘的语言
in his own mystical tongue.
把它们随意重写
Only to save you from charges of plagiarism, Nutbeem.
就是为了不被指控剽窃 萘毕姆
Uh, Mr Billy Pretty,
比利 普蒂先生
an old fish dog and local landmark.
一只老鱼狗和本地陆标
Edits the home news page…
编辑家庭新闻页
poems, baby photos, household tips.
诗 小宝贝相片 家庭小秘密
There’s your desk, Quoyle.
那是你的桌子 科伊尔
Is there, um, a computer?
有没有 计算机?
Well, do you see one?
你看看有吗
No, I just… I see everyone else…
没有 我只是 我看别人都
Keen powers of observation.
有敏锐的观察力
I can see why Jack snatched you off the job market.
我明白了为什么杰克雇用了你
Gammy Bird.
盖米·伯德
Right on to it.
正在进行
Well, Quoyle, you lead a charmed life.
科伊尔 你运气不错
Two minutes on the job,
工作才两分钟
and you got your first car wreck.
你就遇到你的第一次车祸
As far as I can tell, the site is really fresh,
就我所知那地方鲜有人去
about 10, 15 minutes, uh, at the most.
大约10分钟 最多15分钟的路
You got two victims… one male, one female.
有两人遇难 一男一女
Not one vital sign between them,
没有致命的地方
so we’re gonna wait till the police come now.
所以我们要等警♥察♥来
Uh, the rate of speed we estimate at 65,
我们估计速度是65英里/小时
so there’s nothing unlawful here.
所以这里没有犯法的事
There’s not a whole lot you can do, right,
当驼鹿挡住你的路的时候
when a moose decides to get in your way.
你并没有多少选择
That’s for sure.
确实如此
The driver most likely had his chest crushed
司机很可能在车坠入水中前
before the car hit the water, so at least that’s a mercy.
胸部压碎 还算幸运
Yeah. Yeah.
是的
Well, there’s that, and the moose,
就是那个 和那驼鹿
which is a gift really, when you think about it…
你知道 那确实是个礼物
out of season like that… a moose that size.
那可是过时的东西 那么大的驼鹿
Oh, Lord, yes.
真是的
Billy, I suppose we could split it four ways, right?
比利 我们可以将它分成四分 怎么样
How much could you fit in the station wagon there?
旅行车里能放多少
I’ll take the hind quarter.
我拿后面的一份
I know we’re gonna want to use some of those recipes…
我想 我们应该会用”首页”
from the “Home Page,” you know?
中的菜谱
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
是的 没错
He’s new, is he?
他是新来的?
New fella.
新来的
There you go.
你去过了
It’s wrecks like that that sells papers.
这样的车祸 可提高报纸销量
Oh, Jack knows his readers.
杰克了解读者
Now, mind you, there’s more people down under these waters
我提醒你 死在水下的人
than are killed on the roads.
比死在路上的还要多
You’ll want to get yourself a nice little boat before long.
不久你就会想自己搞条小船
Something that fits the water.
适合水的东西
I just don’t want to think about a boat right…
我只是现在不想船
Wh-Who’s that?
那是谁
Why?
怎么了
Oh, I was just curious.
我只是好奇
I’ve seen her around. She’s very tall.
我见过她 她很高
I… I mean she… she’s got good posture.
我 我是说 她姿势高雅
She seems very…
她看起来很
Her stride is different.
她走路与众不同
It was grief that caused her boy to be not right.
很遗憾那事故 使她儿子精神障碍
She was carrying him when her husband was drowned at sea.
她丈夫淹死时她和孩子在埸
Like I was saying, there’s more life lost that way.
如我所说 许多生命就那样失去了
How’s your car wreck coming, Quoyle?
车祸报道怎么样了 科伊尔
If I wanted War and Peace,
若我想要战争与和平
I would have hired William bloody Shakespeare.
我会雇威廉姆·莎士比亚来写
“The policeman ate breakfast at the Codcake Diner…
“警♥察♥在到达出事现场前
before he arrived at the accident scene”?
在鳕鱼餐厅吃早餐”?
Yes?
怎么啦?
Your spelling is fine,
你的拼写很好
and I’ve seen plenty worse grammar.
我也见过很多糟糕的语法
But-But finding the centre of your story…
但是找出故事的主题
the beating heart of it… that’s what makes a reporter.
最动人心弦的地方 才是一个记者的本职
Now, you’ll have to start by making up some headlines.
你应该从编排一些标题开始
You know? Short, punchy, dramatic headlines.
简短 有力 戏剧性的标题
Now, have a look. What do you see?
现在看看 看到什么?
Tell me the headline.
告诉我标题
Horizon Fills with Dark Clouds.
黑云笼罩地平线
Imminent Storm Threatens Village.
逼近的暴风雨 威胁村庄
But what if no storm comes?
但是如果暴风雨不来呢
Village Spared from Deadly Storm.
致命的暴风雨放过了村庄
How was your first day?
第一天怎么样
What’s all this?
这些是什么
Nephew, we can’t fix up the house proper…
侄子 我们不能靠一个记者的工资
on a journalist’s wages, so I’ve un-retired.
把房♥子修好 所以我又上班了
From what? Boat upholstery.
上什么 船内装♥修♥
All us Quoyles have a feeling for boats.
我们科伊尔人对船有特殊感觉
Who-Who’s this?
这是谁?
That’s Dennis Buggit, master carpenter.
是丹尼斯·巴戈特 木工大♥师♥傅
Ah, only till I gets me lobster licence.
做到我拿到捕虾许可证吧
I’m a fisherman in me soul.
在内心里我还是渔民
Buggit, huh?
巴戈特
You wouldn’t be related to my boss down at the Gammy Bird?
你是说盖米·伯德的老板?
Mm-hmm. Yeah. My dad.
嗯 是我父亲
Tomorrow I’ll run two-by-fours under your second storey.
明天我在你二楼下装个窄条
Oh, and, uh, I was you,
呃 若我是你
I wouldn’t sleep in your upstairs tonight…
我今晚不会睡在楼上
unless you want to wake up downstairs with a thud.
除非你想摔下来叫醒楼下人
Yeah.
是吗
Yes, boy.
是的
What? What? What is it? What is it?
怎么回事 怎么回事?
A ghost.
有鬼
The window.
在窗户那儿
A skinny ghost, and a white dog.
一个瘦鬼和一条白狗
I-I didn’t dream it. Don’t say I did.
我不是做梦 别那样说我
I won’t, I won’t, sweetheart, okay.
我不会 亲爱的 没事
There’s a ghost there. Okay, okay, shh, okay. Okay, shh.
那里有个鬼 没事了
Okay.
没事了
Okay. Shh.
没事了
Oh, excuse me?
请原谅
This is our first day at school. I don’t like these kids.
这是我第一天上学 我不喜欢这些小孩
Bunny. Um, she’s in the afterschool… They’re boring!
巴妮 她在校外班 他们无聊
Boring, boring, boring!
无聊 无聊 无聊
Bunny, that’s enough.
巴妮 不要这样
I’m sorry. She’s-She’s not usually like this.
对不起她 她平时不是这样
Not usually like what?
平时不怎样?
I hate going to new places where I don’t know anybody.
我讨厌到我不认识人的新地方
I don’t know anybody.
我都不认识
What’s wrong with him?
他怎么了?
Bunny, that is… There is nothing wrong with him, all right?
巴妮 他并没有错 对吗
This is Herry. When he was being born,
这是亨利 当他出生时
he didn’t get enough air to breathe…
没有足够的空气
and that makes him a little slower than most people.
使他比别人发育慢
What’s your name?
你叫什么?
Bunny.
巴妮
A bunny rabbit.
巴妮小兔子
That’s what my mother calls me.
妈妈这样叫我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!