爸爸
Dad?
什么事
Yes?
我饿了
I’m hungry.
你应该吃早餐的
You should’ve eaten your breakfast.
等到了酒店我就给你弄东西吃 好吗
We’ll get you something as soon as we get to the hotel. Okay?
好吧 妈妈
Okay, Mom.
唐纳大队不就是在这里被雪困住的吗
Wasn’t it around here that the Donner party got snowbound?
我觉得应该是更靠西的地方 在内华达山脉
I think that was farther west, in the Sierras.
什么是唐纳大队
What was the Donner party?
是西部大开♥发♥时期的一群移♥民♥
They were a party of settlers in covered wagon times.
有年冬天 他们被大雪困在了大山里
They got snowbound one winter in the mountains.
为了活命 他们不得不靠吃人肉为生
They had to resort to cannibalism in order to stay alive.
你是说他们把自己人给吃了
You mean they ate each other up?
只有这样才能生存下来
They had to in order to survive.
杰克
Jack.
别担心 妈妈
Don’t worry, Mom.
我知道关于食人的事 我在电视上看过
I know all about cannibalism. I saw it on TV.
瞧吧 没事的
See, it’s okay.
他在电视上看过
He saw it on the television.
-飞机什么时候起飞 -8点半
– What time does the plane leave? – 8:30.
那我们还有足够的时间把各项事宜再过一遍
That gives us plenty of time to go over everything first.
-再见 乌尔曼先生 -再见
– Goodbye, Mr. Ullman. – Bye.
早上好 杰克 希望没让你等太久
Good morning, Jack. I hope you haven’t been waiting too long.
没关系 刚好让我们有时间吃点东西
No problem. In fact we had time to grab a bite to eat.
那就好 很高兴你们在厨房♥关停前赶到了
Good. Glad you made it before they shut down the kitchen.
-你好 -你的家人到处看过了吗
– Hi. – Is your family having a look around?
没有 我儿子发现了游戏室
No, my son’s discovered the games room.
-行李都拿进来了吧 -就在那边
– Has your luggage been brought in? – Right there.
好的
Oh, fine.
鉴于我们今天要带你了解不少地方
In view of all the ground we have to cover today
我建议我们先快速看一下你们的公♥寓♥
I suggest we have a quick look at your apartment
然后立刻开始
and get started straight away.
比尔 你能安排先把托伦斯一家的东西
Bill, would you have the Torrances’ things
送到他们的公♥寓♥去吗
brought to their apartment.
-好的 -我最好先叫一下我的家人
– Fine. – I’d better collect my family first.
好的
Oh, yes.
这里是我们的科罗拉多休闲室
This is our Colorado Lounge.
真漂亮
It’s beautiful.
我的天啊
My God!
这里真是美极了 不是吗 亲爱的
This place is fantastic, isn’t it, hon?
当然
It sure is.
我从没见过这样的东西
I’ve never seen anything like this before.
这些印第安风格的设计都是真品吗
Are all these Indian designs authentic?
好像主要是根据纳瓦霍族和阿帕切族的图案设计的
I believe they’re based mainly on Navajo and Apache motifs.
真的太美了
They’re really gorgeous.
实际上
As a matter of fact
这可能是我见过的最美的酒店了
this is probably the most gorgeous hotel I’ve ever seen.
这家老酒店有着辉煌的历史
This old place has had an illustrious past.
在其全盛时期 曾住满了社会名流
In its heyday, it was one of the stopping place for the jet setters
即便那时大家都还不知道社会名流是什么意思
even before anybody knew what a jet set was.
有四位总统曾在此住过
We had four presidents who stayed here.
很多电影明星
Lots of movie stars.
有皇室的人吗
Royalty?
都是最上层的人物
All the best people.
这里是酒店的员工宿舍侧楼
This is the staff wing of the hotel.
其它卧室冬天都不供暖
None of the other bedrooms are heated during the winter.
-再见 乌尔曼先生 -再见 姑娘们
– Goodbye, Mr. Ullman. – Goodbye, girls.
这就是你们的住处
And here are your quarters.
起居室 卧室 洗手间
Living room, bedroom, bathroom.
还有给你们的儿子住的小房♥间
And a small bedroom for your son.
非常适合小孩子
Perfect for a child.
-是啊 -是的
– Yeah. – Yes.
好了 这房♥子独门独户 不用跟别人共用设施
Well, then. Place is very nicely self-contained.
也好打理
Easy to keep.
舒适
Cozy.
是的 非常适合一家人居住
Yes, very cozy for a family.
如果你们想换个环境
If you feel like spreading out
酒店的其他地方也随便你们住
you have the rest of the hotel to move around in.
这里真是…
Well, it’s very…
太有家的感觉了
homey.
是啊
Yeah.
这里是我们著名的树篱迷宫
This is our famous hedge maze.
算是这里的一处独特景点吧 墙有13英尺高
It’s quite an attraction here. The walls are 13 feet high
树篱和酒店一样历史悠久
and the hedge is as old as the hotel itself.
很好玩
A lot of fun,
但我一般是不会进去的
but I wouldn’t want to go in there
除非我有一小时的空闲时间用来找出路
unless I had an hour to spare to find my way out.
眺望酒店是什么时候建成的
When was the Overlook built?
1907年开始建造
Construction started in 1907.
1909年完工
It was finished in 1909.
这里曾经是一座印第安坟场
The site’s supposed to be on an Indian burial ground.
据我所知 他们在施工时
And I believe they actually had to repel
不得不打退几次印第安人的袭击
a few Indian attacks as they were building it.
那是我们的雪地车
That’s our Snowcat.
你们都会开车吗
Can you both drive a car?

Yes.
那就好
That’s fine.
因为驾驶雪地车基本和开车一样
Because basically the Snowcat operates very much like a car.
很快就能掌握诀窍了
It won’t take you long to get the hang of it.
事实上
As a matter of fact,
我们去年从芝加哥请了一位设计师
we brought a decorator in from Chicago just last year
给酒店的这一部分进行重新装♥修♥
to refurbish this part of the hotel.
他确实装♥修♥得很不错
He sure did a beautiful job.
粉色和金色是我最喜欢的颜色
Pink and gold are my favorite colors.
这里是我们的金色舞厅
Well, this is our Gold Ballroom.
我就说嘛
I’ll say!
这里可以轻松容纳三百人
We can accommodate up to 300 people here very comfortably.
天呐 我们可以在这里办一场盛大的派对
Boy, I bet you we could really have a good party in this room.
恐怕你们办不起来多么盛大的派对
I’m afraid you won’t do too well here
除非你们能自带物资
unless you brought supplies.
我们停业时 会将酒全部撤走
We always remove the booze from the premises when we shut down.
那可以减少我们通常得承担的保险费用
That reduces the insurance we normally have to carry.
我们不喝酒
We don’t drink.
那你们走运了
Then you’re in luck.
迪克 快过来跟托伦斯夫妇打个招呼
Dick, come on over and say hello to Mr. and Mrs. Torrance.
这位是迪克·哈洛兰 我们的主厨
This is Dick Hallorann, our head chef.
-哈洛兰先生 我是杰克 -很高兴认识你 杰克
– Mr. Hallorann, I’m Jack. – Glad to meet you, Jack.
这位是我妻子 温妮芙德
This is my wife, Winifred.
-很高兴认识你 温妮芙德 -很高兴认识你
– Glad to meet you, Winifred. – Nice to meet you.
托伦斯夫妇今年冬天会替我们照料眺望酒店
The Torrances are gonna take care of the Overlook for us this winter.
太好了 你们目前觉得这个酒店怎么样
That’s just great. How do you folks like our hotel so far?
简直棒极了
It’s just wonderful.
嗨 丹尼
Hi, Danny!
我发现他在外面找你们
I found him outside looking for you.
丹 你厌倦轰炸宇宙了吗
Dan, did you get tired of bombing the universe?
是的
Yeah.
过来
Come on over here.
-谢谢 -谢谢你 苏希
– Thanks. – Thank you, Susie.
迪克 如果你准备好了
Dick, if you’re ready to do it now,
我觉得你可以带托伦斯夫人去看看厨房♥
I think it’d be a good idea if you could show Mrs. Torrance the kitchen
我再继续跟杰克交代交代
while I continue on with Jack.
非常乐意 这边请 托伦斯夫人
It would be a pleasure. Right this way, Mrs. Torrance.
太棒了 待会儿见 亲爱的
Great. See you later, hon.
回见 亲爱的
Bye, darling.
托伦斯夫人 你丈夫介绍你时 叫你温妮芙德
Mrs. Torrance, your husband introduced you as Winifred.
那我应该叫你温妮还是芙莱蒂
Now, are you a “Winnie,” or a “Freddie”?
叫我温蒂就行
I’m a Wendy.
温蒂啊 真好听 再好听不过了
Oh, Wendy. That’s nice. That’s the prettiest.
天啊 这厨房♥太气派了
God, this is the kitchen, huh?
没错 正是
Yeah, this is it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!