– 但这是世界上最自然的事 – 不错
Summertime,and the living is easy Fish are jumping,cotton is high.”
夏天的生活太美好了 鱼儿跳个不停 白云高挂天空
That’s enough! The young lady lives in this building.
够了 克拉哈利先生 其实这位女士也住在这公♥寓♥里
– There’s been a terrible accident. – Hi.
– 发生了一件很可怕的意外 – 嗨
Well,hello!

Isn’t she a living doll?
她跟洋娃娃一样漂亮
Mr. Kruhulik,this lady’s tomato plant fell down.
克拉哈利先生 这位小姐的蕃茄盆栽掉到楼下
Sorry to disappoint,but that’s all there is to it.
很抱歉让你失望 但事实的确如此
In fact,I’m glad you dropped in.
事实上 很高兴你来了
You can help her take the plant upstairs. It’s here.
你可以帮她把蕃茄搬回楼上 蕃茄就在阳台上
I watered the garden with a cocktail shaker.
我当时在用调酒器浇水
A little silver shaker.
没错 一个银色的小调酒器
You can see your insinuations are preposterous.
你知道你刚才的想法多可笑了吧
A natural mistake,Mr. Sherman.
大家都会想歪的 舍曼先生
And my apologies to you,dear lady. What a doll!
小姐 我向你道歉 真的太漂亮了
– Right out here,Mr. Kruhulik. – What a shambles.
– 在这边啊 克拉哈利先生 – 真的太惨了
It’s all right. We’re covered. I have a policy.
没关系 我们会整理好的 我有保险
Thank you,Mr. Kruhulik,and good night.
谢谢你 晚安
Good night,Miss– Whatever your name is.
晚安 小姐 虽然我不知道你的姓名
Be careful,it’s heavy. Don’t strain anything.
小心 它很重啊 可别拉伤了
I’m strained already…
我已经拉伤了
…from carrying that big,fat poodle around. I wish I was dead!
因为我一整晚都在 抱那大块儿到处走
– Well,good night. – Good night.
– 我的老天爷啊 – 晚安
I’m sorry. But you can see how it is.
对不起 但你知道情况已不一样了
I understand. No man is an island.
我明白 人是离不开社会的
Normal.
恢复正常了
Everything is absolutely normal.
一切都恢复正常了
Sleep. Go to sleep.
睡 去睡吧
How can I possibly sleep?
我怎么睡得着呢?
What’ll I do?
该做什么呢?
Helen. Write to Helen. Write a long letter to Helen.
对了 写信给海伦吧 写封长长的信给海伦
Paddle,that’s it. I’ve got to send the paddle.
对了 桨 我得把桨寄出去
Little Ricky out there on the lake without a paddle.
瑞奇奇到了湖边却没有桨
Wrap the paddle and send it off in the morning. Ricky needs it.
我得把桨包好 明天一早寄出 瑞奇奇需要桨
Going to get his paddle. How do you wrap a paddle,anyway?
有桨才可以好好的玩 但是要怎么包桨呢?
Paper and string,what else?
纸跟绳子 还有呢?
I need a piece of paper the shape of a paddle.
要去哪找包桨的纸呢?
All right,nothing.
好 没了
Hey,there’s some gauze in the bathroom.
浴室有些绷带
I can bandage the whole thing,put some tape on it and–
可把桨包起来 然后用胶带固定
And what,send it up in an ambulance?
干嘛?叫救护车把它送走吗?
This is ridiculous.
看看 太可笑了
People send paddles every day. The mails are full of them.
每天都有人寄桨 邮局里到处都是桨
How do they do it?
他们是怎么包的啊?
That’s it,old newspapers!
对了 旧报纸
Big deal,old newspapers.
没错 旧报纸
Get a lot of string,slap it together…
拿很多绳子把它绑好
Hi.

Forgot about the stairs. It was so easy. I pulled out the nails.
还有这楼梯呢 真是太傻了 很简单 只要把钉子拔掉就行了
You know what? We can do this all summer.
知道吗?整个夏天我们都能这样做了
Miss. Young lady.
小姐
I’ve got to take a shower. Got to get to the office.
小姐 我要洗个澡 我去上班了
Please,lady,get up,go home so I can get to the office.
拜托 请醒一醒 回家去吧 让我上班
Please,lady? No?
求求你 小姐 行不行?
Poor kid,working in New York in this heat.
可怜的孩子 跑到这么热的纽约来上班
And on television! Standing there under those hot lights.
还要上电视 站在那么热的灯光下
She must need money real bad.
她一定很需要钱
Lives in an expensive apartment. I know what clothes cost.
住在豪华的公♥寓♥ 并打扮得那么漂亮 我知那些衣服很贵
Buys imported champagne.
她买♥♥的是进口香槟
How can she possibly afford–?
她怎么负担得起呢?
She must have other sources of income.
一定有别的收入来源
Plenty of ways a girl can get money if she’s unscrupulous enough.
美女有很多赚钱的方式 如果她胆够大的话
She could get herself some foolish,well-to-do married man.
她这样的女孩很容易可以 钓到些又蠢又有钱的已婚男人
Trap him into some situation.
使他陷入进退两难的困境中
Bleed him till he’s white,squeeze him till he’s dry–
把他的钱全骗光 把他榨得干干净净
They have a word for this. They call it “blackmail.”
一定有词语可形容这种事 这是勒索
Where is she? She’s with Kruhulik.
她在哪?她跟克拉哈利在一起
They’re down at the bank going through my safe-deposit box.
他们去银行取光我的财产
Hello,are you in there?
喂你在吗?
Hi,good morning! Just taking a shower. Be out in a minute.
嗨 早安 我在洗澡 马上出来
Taking a shower,she’ll be out in a minute,that’s all.
只是在洗澡 马上就会出来
I should get one of the new towels and take it to her.
我该拿条新的大浴巾给她
That would very definitely be another boo-boo.
那真的太正了
If anyone were to walk in,would they ever get the wrong idea.
天啊 如果现在有人进来 他们一定会误会的
Cinnamon toast for two,strange blond in the shower. Explain that.
双人份的烤肉桂面包 陌生金发女子在我家的浴室里
Tell them you spent the night wrapping a paddle.
谁都不会相信 你一整晚都在包桨
Anybody walk in here!
如果现在有人进来…
Who’s gonna walk in here? J. Edgar Hoover? Arthur Godfrey?
现在谁会进来呢 胡佛总统?阿瑟·戈弗雷
Helen,maybe?
或者是海伦吧
Helen
海伦
She’s in Maine. How could she get here?
她在缅因州 她怎会回来呢?
On the train,that’s how. On the early morning train.
搭火车 不错 搭早班火车
Why would she be coming to New York? Because she knows something.
她为什么要回纽约呢?为什么?因为她知道出了事
Because someone tipped her off. Who could’ve tipped–?
因为有人跟她通风报信 谁会向她通风报信呢?
Kruhulik! He saw the girl here last night…
克拉哈利 就是他 他昨晚看到她在我家
…called Helen long distance and told her everything.
他打长途电♥话♥给海伦 当然是对方付钱 并一五一十跟她说了
She’s on the train,I know it. Early morning train’s in already.
她在搭火车 我早知 早班火车已经到了
She’s in a cab. She’s on her way here. She’ll be here any second!
她在的士了 搭的士赶回家 她随时都会到的
There’s a woman in this apartment. I know there is.
屋子里有女人 我知你在搞什么鬼
– No,Helen,it’s not true. – Don’t lie to me,Richard.
– 不 海伦 不是真的 – 理查德 别骗我
Who told you? Was it Kruhulik?
谁告诉你的?你怎会知道?克拉哈利?
That’s right. I’ve had him watching you for months.
对 我请他监视你好几个月了
Kruhulik
克拉哈利
His name’s not Kruhulik. He’s a private eye named Johnny Dollar.
他不是叫克拉哈利 其实他是个私♥家♥侦♥探♥ 名叫强尼·多勒
– What are you going to do? – I’m going to shoot you.
– 你想怎样?- 我要杀死你
I can explain everything. The cinnamon toast,the shower.
海伦 听我解释 烤肉桂面包 浴室和其他一切
– This girl’s from Denver.- Save your words
那个女孩来自丹佛 – 废话少讲
The Kaufmans have no air conditioning.
卡夫曼家没有冷气机
Spend a fortune on sculpture.Looking there is no air conditioning
他们花钱买♥♥非洲雕塑 但却不装冷气
The drugstore wouldn’t take back her fan,she lost the slip.
这还不止 商店不让她退回电风扇 因她把发♥票♥弄失了
So I let her sleep in our bed. I was just wrapping the paddle.
所以我让她睡在我们床上 因为楼上太热了
Helen I just right packet paddle
海伦 真的 我真的在包桨
At least have the decency to keep the paddle of a child…
理查德 你总该仁慈一点 别把无辜的儿子
…out of this sordid mess.
卷入这件事
You’re mad. You’ll never get away with this.
海伦 你疯了 你这么做是逃不了的
Yes,I will. There’s such a thing as the unwritten law.
不 我可逃脱 有些事是法律也管不了的
Goodbye,Richard.
永别了 理查德
– Give me another chance! – They’ll give me a medal.
– 他们会让你坐电椅的 – 他们会颁奖给我
The wives of America will give me a medal!
美国妇女协会将颁奖给我
Helen,I’m going fast. Give me a cigarette.
海伦 我要死了 给我烟
A cigarette! You know what Dr. Murphy told you about smoking.
烟?墨菲医生不准你抽烟的
A cigarette.

Just one more cigarette,Dr. Murphy.
墨菲医生 求你给我再抽一支烟
One more for the road.
临死前要再吸一支
For the long,long road.
这是漫长的路啊
Hi.

– What are you doing? – I need a cigarette.
– 你在做什么?- 烟 我想要烟
They’re right there on the table.
烟就放在桌上
– What’s the matter with you? – I’m all shot.
– 你怎么了?- 我中枪了
It’s because I took your bed and you slept on the couch.
因我睡了你的床 你要睡沙发
I knew I should’ve taken the couch.I just know terrible
我知我应睡沙发的 真的很抱歉
It’s not the couch,it’s my wife.
不是沙发的问题 是我老婆
– She found out about us and shot me. – She what?
– 她发现我们的事 并向我开枪 – 她什么?
Five times in the back and twice in the belly.
我背部中了五枪 肚中了两枪
You’re just having a bad dream.
你一定是发恶梦了
Yeah,I guess so.
对 我想是吧
Come on now. Everything’s fine.
好了 一切都会没事的
It’s just my imagination. Some people have flat feet.
只是我的思想在作怪 有人扁平足 有人多头皮屑
– I have this appalling imagination. – I think it’s just elegant.
– 我觉得想象力强是很好的啊 – 我一点想象力也没有
I just have no imagination at all. I have lots of other things.
我有很多其他才能 但就是没有想象力
I was standing in the kitchen. Then it occurred to me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!