叔叔
Uncle!
不要
No!
不 我们必须救他
No! We must save him!
快点 布兰登
Quickly, Brendan,
去森林的密道在哪里
where is the secret passage to the forest?
我们必须救他
We have to save him!
我们现在帮不了他
We can’t help him now.
布兰登
Brendan.
我们不能停
We… we cannot stop.
我必须回去
I have to go back.
北欧人是不会在爱奥那岛上留活口的
The Northmen left no one on Iona,
所有凯尔斯的人都活不成
they will leave no one in Kells.
我叔叔
My uncle.
他活着是为了保护你
He lived to protect you.
这是他唯一能做的
The only way he knew how.
现在我必须保护你
Now, I must protect you
为了西勒也为了那本书
for Cellach and for the book.
布兰登
Brendan!
艾什灵
Aisling!
我们不能停 布兰登
We have to keep running, Brendan,
希望我们跑得够快
and hope that we are fast enough.
他还活着
He’s alive!
我太累了
I’m so tired.
唐 别管我了
Tang, leave me be.
求你了
Please.
别管我了
Leave me be.
你是凯尔斯的院长啊
You are the Abbot of Kells!
你要挺住
You must get up!
这本书本不该被藏起来
The book was never meant to be hidden away behind walls,
远离那个曾激发了创作它的灵感的世界
locked away from the world which inspired its creation.
布兰登 你要把这本书传播给大众
Brendan, you must take the book to the people
这样他们也会心存希望
so that they may have hope.
让这本书成为驱散海盗阴霾日子的希望之光
Let it light the way in these dark days of the Northmen.
是艾什灵吗
Aisling?
是艾什灵吗
Aisling?
我好累啊
I’m so tired.
院长 请你一定注意休息
Please, Abbot, you must take your rest.
休息吗 让我们最重要的宝贝毁于他手吗
Rest? With our most important treasure destroyed?
但我又知道什么呢
But how was I to know?
我怎么知道它有没有被毁呢
How could I know he would perish?
求你了 院长
Please, Abbot.
他还只是个孩子
He was only a boy.
黑暗天使
Angel of Darkness!
还不够呢
Not yet!
我需要时间
I need time!
叔叔
Uncle!
布兰登吗
Brendan?
一定是在做梦
It is a dream.
这不是做梦
This is no dream.
我很高兴你还活着
I’m so happy to find you here.
我以为很早之前就失去你了
I thought I’d lost you a long time ago.
布兰登
Brendan,
你那时还只是个孩子
you were only a boy.
所有那些无辜送命的人
All those innocents lost.
都是因为我啊
All my fault.
别这样 叔叔
Please, Uncle,
别责怪自己了
do not distress yourself.
你不明白
You don’t understand.
我时日不多了 布兰登
I have no time, Brendan.
你是对的
You were right.
关于凯尔斯 关于艾丹修士
About Kells, about Aidan,
关于那本书 我不该阻止你的
about the book. I shouldn’t have.
全在这里了
This is all I have left.
这是我在这世上唯一的安慰了
It is the only comfort I have in this world.
艾丹修士说的对
Brother Aidan was right.
我竟然试图阻止他
And I tried to stop him.
艾丹修士从没怪过你 叔叔
Aidan never paid you much heed, Uncle.
我希望他没有
Well, I suppose not.
艾丹修士看到了他的书被完成被传承
Brother Aidan lived to see his work passed on and completed.
爱奥那之书
The Book of Iona!
凯尔斯之书
The Book of Kells?
凯尔斯之书
The Book of Kells.