把某种书当做礼物…
give a certain book as a present…
送给一个寂寞已久的异性
to someone who has spent too much time alone.
千万不能爱上最好的朋友的妻子
One should never fall in love with one’s best friend’s wife.
关键是这种事永远不能告诉那个朋友
Above all, one should never tell one’s best friend.
用这种事博取你的同情很糟糕
It’s terrible to tempt compassion.
我最不希望让你同情我
It’s the last thing I want to arouse in you.
-珂拉 -我在听
– Cora? – Yes.
一个人该如何面对既成之事
How does one live with what has happened?
以及那些事所产生的恶果
The consequences.
如何才能对得起已死之人呢
How does one live with the dead?
我不知道 你的生活应该继续
I don’t know. You’ll have to go on, I suppose.
毕竟人们都是为了将来而活着
Everyone keeps on living for the future, some how.
但也不全是
Or not.
也有人沉湎于过去而不能自拔
There are those who don’t make it through.
明天或者后天 直升机会把你接走
A helicopter is coming to fetch you. Tomorrow, or the day after.
你会和我一起来吗 会吗
Are you coming with me? Are you?
你会握紧我的手帮助我找回自我吗
You gonna hold my hand? Help me look at myself again?
曾经被爱所伤
I’ve lost at love before
一怒之下摔门而去
Got mad and closed the door
但你说再给我一个机会
But you said try just once more
我再一次选择了你
I chose you for the one
如今我们是如此快乐
Now we’re having so much fun
你对我如此温柔
You treated me so kind
我简直快要为你疯狂
I’m about to lose my mind
你让我如此快乐
You make me so very happy
我庆幸你走进我的生命
I’m so glad you came into my life
其他人对我来说形如虚设
The others were untrue
但每当提及我们的爱
But when it came to loving you
我就决定要和你厮守终身
I’d spend my whole life with you
因为掌控了我的一切
Cause you came and you took control
你触及了我心灵深处
You touched my very soul
你总是用言行让我明白
You always showed me that
我该如何爱你
Loving you is where it’s at
你让我如此快乐
You make me so very happy
我庆幸你走进我的生命
I’m so glad you came into my life
你不喜欢这个节目吗
Don’t you like the show?
我以前看过了
I’ve seen it before.
马丁 你在为谁工作呢
Who do you work for, Martin?
公♥司♥
The company.
公♥司♥花钱雇你研究这些贝类?
And the company pays you to check on the mussels?
我跟你说过公♥司♥花钱雇我研究浪击强度
The company pays me to measure the wave impact strength, I told you.
研究贝类则是我的爱好
The mussels are my business.
有时候我简直忘了我们还置身于♥大♥海♥之上
Sometimes I think I forget that we’re out at sea.
不 我们并不是置身世外
No, we aren’t in limbo.
我们正扼着自己的喉咙
We’re up to our necks in water.
你知道需要研究的真正焦点所在吗
Do you know what the problem is?
人们都以为问题在于石油
The people think it’s the oil.
但这并不正确 问题是石油中附带的水
But it’s not true. It’s the water that we bring out with it.
百万年来 这些海水和石油一起
For millions of years it rubbed shoulders with the oil,
隐匿在海洋深处
stuck at the bottom of the sea.
我们将水和石油分离
You see, when we crack the water from the oil
再将海水倒回海中时 它们已被污染
and return it to the sea, it’s shitty water.
并且这些海水会污染它们碰到的所有生物
It corrupts everything it touches.
知道这片海域中的鱼都变成什么样了吗
You know what’s happened to the fish that live here?
与废水的接触改变了它们的荷尔蒙分泌
Contact with this water has altered their hormones.
导致了它们的产卵期延后三周
It’s delayed spawning by three weeks which means
那些卵还没孵化就会被季节性寒流带走
the colder currents sweep the eggs away before they can hatch.
无论如何 这里就快关停了
They’re going to shut this place down, anyway.
但并不是因为我的研究
Not if I can help it.
你打算做什么
What are you going to do?
这里完全可以充作他用
This could be used for lots of things.
钻探机可以用来净化海水
Use the drilling motors to purge the water.
完全有可能将这些海水净化
It’s possible to cleanse the water.
要是没人理会你怎么办
What will happen if nobody takes any notice of you?
那我只能继续测量波浪
Well, I’ll keep on measuring waves.
收集贝类
Collecting mussels.
同时思考我力所能及的事
And I’ll keep thinking that something can be done.
马丁 我很羡慕你
I envy you, Martin.
真的
Really, I…
我没想到现在还有像你这样的人
I didn’t know there were still people like you about.
祝你好运
I wish you luck.
-昨晚睡得好吗 -昨晚?
– How did you pass the night? – The night?
我不知道 感觉不太好
I don’t know. Lousy, I guess.
-几点了 -12点 你饿了吗
– What time is it? – 12. Are you hungry?

No.
我在杜布罗夫尼克学习的时候
When I was studying in Dubrovnik,
很害怕给病人清洗身体
I always dreaded when we had to clean the patients.
我感觉…
I felt…
感觉浑身不自在
I felt uncomfortable.
因为我觉得被清洗的病人也特别不自在
Just thinking that they were uncomfortable.
但是…
But…
我很快又意识到人们喜欢干干净净的
I soon realized that… people like being clean.
无论怎么清洗他们
No matter how you do it, or…
也无论是谁在清洗他们
or who does it.
他们喜欢有人服侍
They like being in your hands.
他们信任你 将肉体交与你
They like trusting you with their bodies.
就好像他们在说”这只是一具躯壳而已”
As if they were saying, “It’s only a body.”
“这只是一具躯壳
“It’s only a body.
你永远不能窥破我的所思所想以及为人”
You’ll never know what I am thinking, or who I am.”
我曾有一个…
I had a…
我曾经有一个同窗好友
I had a friend who studied with me.
我们关系很好
We got on very well.
她非常积极向上
She was… She was so cheerful.
我却总是消极处世
I’ve never been cheerful.
我为有这个朋友而感到骄傲
I was so proud to be her friend.
过去我们常常读同一本书
We used to read all the same books
常常一起通宵达旦
and stay up, late into the night,
聊着书里的内容 那些书…
just talking about them. The books were always…
对我来说比任何事都要真实
more real than anything else.
1991年 杜布罗夫尼克被南斯拉夫人♥民♥军攻击
战争时期我们住在一起
We lived together during the war, and…
直到学校关闭时我们才20岁
we were 20 years old when they closed the school.
于是我们决定回到自己的家乡
And we decided to go back to the town where we were both from.
但当时我们却联♥系♥不上我们的家人
We couldn’t get in touch with our families.
旁人说家里发生了一些可怕的事
They said terrible things were happening.
但是我们都不信
But you know, nobody really believed them. I mean…
人们总喜欢夸大其词 战争肯定是假的
people always exaggerate. It couldn’t be true, I mean, war…
我们总是以为战争只会发生在别处
Somehow it always happens somewhere else.
于是我们借了一辆车 她会开车
So we borrowed a car, she could drive, and we…
我们就出发了
We set off.
旅途中什么也没有发生
Nothing happened on the journey. We saw…
我们看到远处留下的余火和一些死狗
We saw fires far off, and… dead dogs.
没别的了
Nothing.
只有许多死狗
Lots of dead dogs.
我们听着一盘意大利迪斯科曲子
We listened to this cassette of Italian disco music.
一路欢声笑语
And we laughed.
我们在途中是如此的欢乐
We laughed so much on that journey.
你记得有首歌♥叫美好生活吗
Do you remember, there was this song called, La Dolce Vita?
挺傻的一首歌♥
It was so stupid. It was…
我们过着美好的生活
We’re livin’ like a Dolce Vita
这一次 梦想终于实现
This time we got it right
我们过着美好的生活
We’re livin’ like a Dolce Vita
拥有一个梦想
Got a dream…
在城外两公里的地方 他们拦住了我们
They stopped us just 2 kilometers from the town.
他们把我们带到一个旅馆
They took us to a hotel.
我们以为他们只是想偷汽车
We thought they just wanted to steal the car.
我们还非常担心
We were very worried about
不知道怎么向车主交代
how we would explain this to the owner.
很荒唐 是吧
It’s ridiculous, isn’t it?
你的整个人生即将因此改变
Your whole life is about to change,
你却还在担心一辆老式菲亚特车

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!